General theory thread and motives rehashed #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every day I check in first at WS with this theory thread. Usually to read, because members always bring up something new that provokes thought. Sometimes I post, if I feel as if I have something to add.

Needless to say this is my favorite thread and a great place to start.

Lately, with this case going in so many directions - Tommy to Jo, Misty to Ron, on and on, I have given myself this measuring stick of two questions for this never ending investigation.

I ask myself who is lying? Then I ask, why would they lie? But darn it, it seems as if every last one of the players are lying.

My latest question is Who in this cast of players is telling the truth? I can't come up with one name. Can you?
jmo
This is what I think is possible. About Haleigh's death, Ron isn't technically lieing. He was at work and wasn't involved. Misty was gone, at least at some point, so she may not have been involved, & feels justified in not telling what she DOES know-because she didn't hurt Haleigh. Tommy is lieing through his teeth, but the fact that he put himself at the death scene, & disposal site, points to his guilt. Joe hasn't said much, except that he doesn't know anything, but it's very possible that he's lieing. Timmy claims to know nothing, but moved away & has stayed away, in a self proclaimed attempt, to avoid arrest. Ron claims to have passed an LDT, & I'm gonna assume, (for a minute), that he did, but as far as we know, he has never taken another one. I think at some early point, he knew the truth, so he avoided taking any more-so as to not get caught lieing. Misty failed several tests, 'miserably'. But did the results point to her guilt? maybe, maybe not. Since LE didn't have a body or a confession, I can understand them not pointing a public finger at her. Tommy failed his LDT, but claimed to have been asked only 1 question. Could that be true? or was that 1 question so loaded, that Tommy saw where it was leading, & bolted...out of fear? Would LE have conducted that search, on Tommy's & Misty's stories, alone? Wouldn't they have demanded a passed poly to back them up? So, after thinking about it, I think Misty & Tommy are the 2 biggest liars, Ron is hiding what he knows, & Joe & Timmy know something, but are trying to stay out of trouble. Now...why is Misty lieing? This is what I think. Although it's possible that she killed Haleigh, & called Tommy for help, I think it's the other way around. Tommy, (& Hank), IMO, have given off the vibe, that Misty has the upper hand. It seems that Tommy has been more than brotherly, while ignoring some of her accusations, & has basically been kissing her you know what. Knowledge is power, & it's MOO, that Misty has the power-& Tommy knows it. Why is Tommy lieing? because he's scared of the punishment? maybe. He has already lost danged near everything, what else is left to fear? Why is Timmy lieing? because he's trying to avoid any trouble, at all costs. even if that means watching Tommy & Misty go down. So, I think he either knows that his information won't help them at all, or it will really hurt himself. Why is Joe lieing? Obviously, he's trying to avoid punishment, but he has been put into the position, of not owing Misty & Tommy a ***** thing...so, I don't look for him to ever talk, except to maybe put blame right back on them. So, what does all of this mean? I have no idea. I'm sorry this post is so long winded, but I want to add, 1 more thing. Awhile back, I had a weird dream about this case, & the people in it, were confusing. (I'm not psychic, but I think I subconsciously picked up something, & then dreamed about it). I dreamed that a man was throwing a 'jewelry' box into the water, & a woman , (me), was spying. After waking up, I thought of Ron & Misty, but immediately realized that it was Lindsey. So, after thinking about it, I think that Lindsey probably knows a lot more than she has let on.

I try to check this thread out everyday if I can. I also ask who has the most to lose by telling the truth. This case is so complex. Then tonight I saw for the zillionith time the thread about Lisa and Hank Sr. being arrested again. I could not help but wonder if we would be reading about any other arrests if LE were as tenacious following Teresa Neves for the last eighteen months as they have Lisa and Hank. I have always thought that Teresa was a real party girl and there have been statements in Misty's jail tapes that the whole Cummings family were on drugs. Teresa has admitted herself that she knows what oxys taste like. She has IMO milked her disability and the pain prescriptions for all they are worth. I know by experience that if you suffer a back injury, the high heeled boots are totally out of the question. I'm not by any means condoning drug use or buying and selling drugs but I can't help but wonder why this investigation appears to be so off centered. I also can't help but wonder if this is the very reason why the case has gone absolutely nowhere. Maybe LE/SA have blinders on and can only focus on what they hope is the answer and they are ignoring the 800 lb. gorilla in the room. LE has gotten nowhere looking at just Misty's side of the equation, when in Hello are they going to focus on the Cummings side of the equation? I truly think that they have intentionally ignored this side of the equation and tried to make a case to go with the logical theory. The Croslins have been a dysfunctional family into drug addiction for most of their lives so it would make sense if they were the guilty party to LE. I have always thought that the Croslins being pointed to was way too convenient. Way too obvious. I think there is a lot of credence to Teresa Neves being the one who may have drugged Haleigh so that she could leave to whatever was so important to her that night. When Haleigh died as a result, then she came up with the perfect scapegoat, Misty. All she had to do was to intice Misty over to the MH to discover that Haleigh was gone. Ron would rot in jail for Teresa. I'm just waiting to see just how long will Teresa be willing to let Ron go to jail for not making the "deal" for what she has done?

This is what I think is possible. About Haleigh's death, Ron isn't technically lieing. He was at work and wasn't involved. Misty was gone, at least at some point, so she may not have been involved, & feels justified in not telling what she DOES know-because she didn't hurt Haleigh. Tommy is lieing through his teeth, but the fact that he put himself at the death scene, & disposal site, points to his guilt. Joe hasn't said much, except that he doesn't know anything, but it's very possible that he's lieing. Timmy claims to know nothing, but moved away & has stayed away, in a self proclaimed attempt, to avoid arrest. Ron claims to have passed an LDT, & I'm gonna assume, (for a minute), that he did, but as far as we know, he has never taken another one. I think at some early point, he knew the truth, so he avoided taking any more-so as to not get caught lieing. Misty failed several tests, 'miserably'. But did the results point to her guilt? maybe, maybe not. Since LE didn't have a body or a confession, I can understand them not pointing a public finger at her. Tommy failed his LDT, but claimed to have been asked only 1 question. Could that be true? or was that 1 question so loaded, that Tommy saw where it was leading, & bolted...out of fear? Would LE have conducted that search, on Tommy's & Misty's stories, alone? Wouldn't they have demanded a passed poly to back them up? So, after thinking about it, I think Misty & Tommy are the 2 biggest liars, Ron is hiding what he knows, & Joe & Timmy know something, but are trying to stay out of trouble. Now...why is Misty lieing? This is what I think. Although it's possible that she killed Haleigh, & called Tommy for help, I think it's the other way around. Tommy, (& Hank), IMO, have given off the vibe, that Misty has the upper hand. It seems that Tommy has been more than brotherly, while ignoring some of her accusations, & has basically been kissing her you know what. Knowledge is power, & it's MOO, that Misty has the power-& Tommy knows it. Why is Tommy lieing? because he's scared of the punishment? maybe. He has already lost danged near everything, what else is left to fear? Why is Timmy lieing? because he's trying to avoid any trouble, at all costs. even if that means watching Tommy & Misty go down. So, I think he either knows that his information won't help them at all, or it will really hurt himself. Why is Joe lieing? Obviously, he's trying to avoid punishment, but he has been put into the position, of not owing Misty & Tommy a ***** thing...so, I don't look for him to ever talk, except to maybe put blame right back on them. So, what does all of this mean? I have no idea. I'm sorry this post is so long winded, but I want to add, 1 more thing. Awhile back, I had a weird dream about this case, & the people in it, were confusing. (I'm not psychic, but I think I subconsciously picked up something, & then dreamed about it). I dreamed that a man was throwing a 'jewelry' box into the water, & a woman , (me), was spying. After waking up, I thought of Ron & Misty, but immediately realized that it was Lindsey. So, after thinking about it, I think that Lindsey probably knows a lot more than she has let on.

I totally agree that Lindsey knows a lot more that she has let on, as you put it but I also believe that Chelsey knows everything too.

I could be convinced that Ronald Cummings was at work and was not directly involved in Haleigh's disappearance. However, for now I remain unconvinced; his behavior immediately after the crime raises many red flags. Even if it were proven that RC was at work and not directly involved, it would be very difficult indeed to convince me that RC did not know almost immediately either what happened to Haleigh or why it happened. IMO, whatever happened to her comes back to him or his clan, somehow.

Ron Cummings married the person who was the last or one of the last to see his daughter alive. Who does that?! And let's not forget the grandmothers, who were fawning all over Misty and were all for the marriage. Misty was 'engaged' with Annette Sykes' diamond ring, IIRC.

TN and AS praised Misty's parenting skills. AS said Misty was there at the MH and did not appear to be under the influence of any drug. All this went on right after Haleigh disappeared, within a few days after Misty left their precious Ronald "without a babysitter" for an entire weekend. And she didn't just leave Ron to fend for himself, she left to be with another man.

If Ron was bothered at all by Misty's drugs/sex binge, he kept that under wraps rather well. And if he was at all suspicious of Misty in Haleigh's disappearance, he didn't show it. He cavorted with her and then within weeks was married to her. And even after they divorced, he hung out with her until he was arrested with her.

And then and only then did TN and AS turn on Misty.

I just don't get it. I really don't. Ron may not be guilty of harming Haleigh but his actions and behaviors are alarming, to say the least. He must know what happened. If it was Misty, Tommy or Joe, how could he let them slide? He couldn't, IMO.

So, maybe it was TN. Ron might protect TN. God knows why, though. I mean, this was his baby daughter, his heart! In my world, that would trump everything, including Mom.

The only scenarios that make any sense to me are that Ron is either guilty or was led to believe it was his fault, TN did something and RC covered for her, or someone outside of the known players is involved and none of them can 'rat' the person out for some reason.

Telling the truth would implicate them in the crime against Haleigh, or in some other crime that carries extreme consequences, IMO.

I will never believe Ron does not know what happened to Haleigh, or at least why it happened, until the case is solved and there is clear evidence that exonerates him.

Sadly, we may never know the truth.

According to what Mike Brooks said on NG one night, if (RC. TN, GGS) they passed their polygraph the first time, they won't be give another one. Maybe they truly did pass--we obviously have never heard from LE. On the other hand, we have 3 & 4 poly's for MC and TC.

I don't know how much Lindsy and Chelsea know, but I would bet that they both did drugs right along with their husbands. Knowing that Hank has admitted to being an addict along with his wife, I can't imagine that either of the two daughters in law would have stayed in this family as long as they have if they weren't doing the same thing themselves. I can see T&C moving just because they were afraid to get busted for drugs and not necessarily anything to do with Haleigh. They were just smart enough to know this case was going to stifle their lifestyle.

As far as who picked Haleigh up at the bus stop, I have little faith in what Mr Santos has to say due to his own record. We seem to have absolutely no impartial witnesses. If LE is stifling any credible witnesses, then I guess we know he isn't one of them. Can you tell I'm fed up with this whole bunch? Rant over.

At this point, I wonder if rc, tn, as even took polys, Doobie. I am disgusted with this case and with LE and all their secrecy which got them nada.

Witnessess are being interviewed in other cases and we can't even find out what hours ron worked when many locals must work there...not one leak! GMAB! Maybe this police force was trained by the CIA. This is a very small town but I saw this same thing happen with the Tara Grinstead Case.

I would bet there have been info leaks in that area. Nothing is leaking beyond Satsuma, but it's hard to believe there is not one person in that community that doesn't know what went down the afternoon/evening/night of 2/9/09. I don't mean someone who was involved; I mean a citizen who has put two and two together and come up with the answer.

I will even go further and say I suspect a fair number of citizens of the area really know beyond a reasonable doubt what happened, that they discuss or have discussed it, and maybe are shaking their heads over why the truth is not obvious.

I think it is likely info has leaked. I am just not sure it will ever travel further than the Satsuma/Putnam area.

Why can't the neighbors speak out? Good Grief! Doesn't anyone want to talk there? If not, why not?

As with Tara Grinstead, we have the exact same mindset. People there also have got to know and they're not talking either. I would never be able to live in a small town. I had to do it once and it was an eye-opener....

Did anyone find the video from the first few days after Haleigh vanished where TN said about Misty at the tent area, something like, not exact "oh yea, she's had a rough few days"? I heard it, watched it but can't find it.

lol, sorry, I should have written that better but will leave it stand.

I could be convinced that Ronald Cummings was at work and was not directly involved in Haleigh's disappearance. However, for now I remain unconvinced; his behavior immediately after the crime raises many red flags. Even if it were proven that RC was at work and not directly involved, it would be very difficult indeed to convince me that RC did not know almost immediately either what happened to Haleigh or why it happened. IMO, whatever happened to her comes back to him or his clan, somehow.

Ron Cummings married the person who was the last or one of the last to see his daughter alive. Who does that?! And let's not forget the grandmothers, who were fawning all over Misty and were all for the marriage. Misty was 'engaged' with Annette Sykes' diamond ring, IIRC.

TN and AS praised Misty's parenting skills. AS said Misty was there at the MH and did not appear to be under the influence of any drug. All this went on right after Haleigh disappeared, within a few days after Misty left their precious Ronald "without a babysitter" for an entire weekend. And she didn't just leave Ron to fend for himself, she left to be with another man.

If Ron was bothered at all by Misty's drugs/sex binge, he kept that under wraps rather well. And if he was at all suspicious of Misty in Haleigh's disappearance, he didn't show it. He cavorted with her and then within weeks was married to her. And even after they divorced, he hung out with her until he was arrested with her.

And then and only then did TN and AS turn on Misty.

I just don't get it. I really don't. Ron may not be guilty of harming Haleigh but his actions and behaviors are alarming, to say the least. He must know what happened. If it was Misty, Tommy or Joe, how could he let them slide? He couldn't, IMO.

So, maybe it was TN. Ron might protect TN. God knows why, though. I mean, this was his baby daughter, his heart! In my world, that would trump everything, including Mom.

The only scenarios that make any sense to me are that Ron is either guilty or was led to believe it was his fault, TN did something and RC covered for her, or someone outside of the known players is involved and none of them can 'rat' the person out for some reason.

Telling the truth would implicate them in the crime against Haleigh, or in some other crime that carries extreme consequences, IMO.

I will never believe Ron does not know what happened to Haleigh, or at least why it happened, until the case is solved and there is clear evidence that exonerates him.

Sadly, we may never know the truth.

Wonderful, well thought out and interesting post. The lines bolded by me is one place I have doubts. We heard from TN about how Haleigh was Ron's heart. But, I have a strong feeling Haleigh was becoming a handicap for him.

She was getting older and becoming aware of what was going on around her. She might have reached an age where she making herself heard as to what she witnessed in her father's life. She saw her father's moods and actions. She may have seen him strike women, Misty and or Crystal.

Haleigh presented many challenging duties for her father to have day to day charge of her. Her attendance and punctuality at school was becoming a chore for Ron. He had already been warned about her missing too much school.

From Ron's own comments we learned he was almost word-for-word familiar with the correct way to punish his daughter. To me that means child services was in contact with Ron. How often, I don't know, but in touch just the same.

What I'm getting at is that although Ron loved his daughter, I believe he also was finding it difficult to be the parent he was required to be. I think the attention he needed to be paying to Haleigh and her needs could possibly had been getting in the way of his own activities.

Haleigh was also a special needs child with her illness. I don't know how much specific care she was requiring but I'm sure there were doctor visits and possibly treatments. Even Misty claimed Haleigh often had cramps in her legs at night that needed tended to.

This may sound harsh, but I have to say that maybe Ron had arrived at a point in his life and Haleigh's where he saw having custody wasn't exactly the job he wanted to do.
all just my opinion.

I clearly recall tn saying Haleigh was not handicapped at all. She changed all this when on Maury and made Haleigh sound very, very ill.

Haleigh had growth hormone problems and would need injection which are expensive....at least $1400 a month but I am sure the state was picking up the tab. I suspect Haleigh was a handful and energetic to the max. Living in that household was a detriment for her. Neither of these two were equipped to deal with a child with a strong will.

I was trying to find information on Dr. Know's post and ran across a video where TN says "WE" believe Haleigh was wearing the pink shirt when put to bed. This is confusing. I want to know who are the "WE's" TN and AS interject in their interviews.

It is my understanding that Haleigh wore tan shorts and a pink shirt to school. AS just told us she changed Haleigh's shirt when she arrived...WTH?

Haleigh Cummings Grandmother, Teresa Neves Speaks Video by GAVEL - MySpace Video

....all of this person's video are cut off at very important moments. TN sure gets testy, imo..I sense it.l

Why can't the neighbors speak out? Good Grief! Doesn't anyone want to talk there? If not, why not?

As with Tara Grinstead, we have the exact same mindset. People there also have got to know and they're not talking either. I would never be able to live in a small town. I had to do it once and it was an eye-opener....

Good question Whisperer, why doesn't anyone speak out. Why isn't anyone wanting to pick up that reward money.
I have a hunch.
As a youngster, I lived around many of the same type of people in the Satsuma area. I have a feeling many of these people are on what I call the fringe. They are not exactly criminals who would do hard time in prison but they stay away from LE, as far away as they possibly can. They may have something in their past that could raise interest with cops if they approached them with information. In short, cooperating with law enforcement, might mean getting themselves in trouble. LE would certainly check out anyone who came forward with information.

I'm not saying all the people in the area have pointed heads and the word loser on their backs, but I can imagine there are many who live in that area who would risk their own hides. JMO

Brief clip of teresa saying, " I sent a 'family member' over to check on the kids and bring laundry". Why the purposeful vagueness?

Teresa takes ownership on this one....why did she find it necessary to check on the kids? For what reason did she send a family member there? She directed the event..

But most of all why didn't she go over there since she claims to live so close?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c3x2h5bbWM

Why does TN find it necessary to tell us that she sent someond over there? She must have had a reason to do this. At what point did she call AS to go over there? Did rc call TN? Did rc call AS and AS called TN and TN told her to get over there? Was TN in transiet when this was taking place and couldn't get there quickly? It leads most of us to believe that an incident occurred to make TN make sure somebody got over there. This was prior to 7:00pm.

At some point since rc got Haleigh off the bus and 7:00pm, it was important that a family member go to the MH. We don't know what time rc got to work. His attorney told us 5:00pm was the starting time. I don't know if that is true, but let's assume it is. Everything was beautiful, according to ron, he kissed, misty, jr and Haleigh and told them all he loved them and would see them when he got home....WTH?

By 8:30, he was a raging maniac and they had explosive fight on the phone. I suspect GMA didn't like what she saw upon her arrival and called rc. rc calls misty and is furious. misty shuts off her phone. Way too much coincidence that she shuts off her phone and Haleigh disappears.

We do not have any facts, info, to fill in any time after this except misty saying she was washing blankets and sleeping.

Ron places misty at the MH at 3:30. gma places her there at 7:00 to 8:00 appr.

TN, ron and AS all say they know she was there....most likely all night. LE doesn't think so. Misty is really not sure what Haleigh was wearing...and I can't figure out why she changed from pj's to pink shirt. Why not keep the pj's? Something made her change the attire. TN says Haleigh was wearing the pink shirt when she was put to bed. GMA says something different. She said she put clean shirts on the kids.....hmmm. So tn and AS don't match right now. This leads me to believe that TN told misty that Haleigh was wearing a pink shirt then misty changed her story.

In the video above, tn is covering for misty saying she didn't mean that the kids were all in the same bed. misty told LE they were, ron backed it up, yet TN changed the story, then rc changed the story. When asked how this got so mixed up tn blamed it on the media. The media was not to blame, they were asking for clarification. Ron and misty were being deceitful.

It is clear to me that tn is covering up and I am sure she wants to protect her son from scrutiny. In her efforts to know all (like her son) and be in control, she has thrown this case into a frenzy. Whether she has done this because she has kge ron is involved or simply to make him look like a 'good father" leaves me in constant vacillation.

I am also convinced that she is the one who insisted he marry misty. She didn't like what people were saying about him and was worried LE might turn on him. He obliged momma and she gave him her own diamond ring to use for the event. The public display of Happiness that this is for Haleigh was disgusting. This family put on quite a show of love and roses for the couple. Misty was ecstatic and didn't know any better for it. TN orchestrated the entire happening (wedding) and may have orchestrated how misty should present her story to the media. Afterall, she did go to NY with the newlyweds to make sure they knew what not to say. They didn't say much at all....still haven't.

Haleigh had a history of having been disciplined inappropriately. This is evidenced by the need for DCF to educate Ronald Cummings in the proper way to discipline a small child. It is not unreasonable to consider that Haleigh may have succumbed to injuries inflicted upon her in the name of discipline...or possibly in the heat of the moment during an argument between Ron and Misty.

The answer might be very simple. This could be a case of domestic abuse. If so, Ron being at work during the 'critical hours' means absolutely nothing. There are documented cases where people have died from head injuries received hours or even days earlier. Head injuries and internal bleeding can go unnoticed until it is too late.

Misty could have found Haleigh later in the evening, dead or dying. This scenario would explain much of the behaviors that scream cover-up by so many of the players and their family members.

Many scenarios have been discussed; I have put forth several myself. But this case might in reality not be so complicated. Haleigh was hit and later died of her injuries. Cover-up was necessary because whoever delivered the blow(s) would have been charged with battery of a child resulting in death.

If this is what happened, any one of my three main suspects could be the guilty one. It could be Misty, TN, or Ron. If this is a case of a slow death after inflicted injury, the person responsible would not have to be there when she died.

I agree but wouldn't there be evidence of an injury or death in the MH? I realize it could be a closed injury but that is slim. We have heard no evidence or DNA at MH to suggest a death occurred there. Of course we haven't heard much at all of anything.

Misty and/or ron know what happened though. Of that I am certain.

I agree but wouldn't there be evidence of an injury or death in the MH? I realize it could be a closed injury but that is slim. We have heard no evidence or DNA at MH to suggest a death occurred there. Of course we haven't heard much at all of anything.

Misty and/or ron know what happened though. Of that I am certain.

If it was internal injury, there might be no evidence. Cadaver dogs cannot detect anything unless a body is there for at least an hour, and I think it is really closer to two hours.

We heard an awful lot about a blanket that smelled like pee that had to be washed. Maybe there was a peed blanket and it went unquestioned because it was, after all, a young child. Or possibly an explanation was given in advance so no one would question why a blanket had been washed.

Possibly Haleigh was injured and went into coma. Coma can mimic death to someone not educated in such matters.

IDK...I'm just throwing this theory out there (again, since I believe I have posed it before) because it seems plausible to me. She died, maybe it was not intentional but it was at the hand of another, nonetheless. So it had to be covered up. And kids have been abducted from their beds, so that seemed a reasonable cover.

The only reason I cannot consider abduction from her bed is the subsequent behavior of RC, MC, TN and a few others. They were all covering up hoping it would become old news. And sadly, it has.

If Ron & Misty were arguing, I'd bet it was over WBG. Maybe Misty wanted to go out, & Ron figured he was why. But does that mean anything? Not unless, Ron left work early, to check on things, or Misty took off without the kids. back to square one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971