General theory thread and motives rehashed #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ron & Misty were arguing, I'd bet it was over WBG. Maybe Misty wanted to go out, & Ron figured he was why. But does that mean anything? Not unless, Ron left work early, to check on things, or Misty took off without the kids. back to square one.

Ron kicked Misty out. If she went and had sex with someone else, its just too bad if Ron didn't like it, he kicked her out, and tried to roll her into a ball, presumely to kill a baby that was in her, so I think Misty held all the cards to if and when she came back to Ronald. I still think Ronald and misty never saw each other until he ambushed her after she had picked Haleigh up off the bus, there was no talking it over the night before as Ms Neves wants the world to believe.

jmo

I know it's a very minor point, but I think GGS said she put shirts on the kids and not that she changed their shirts that night. Maybe when she showed up the kids had just taken baths and were running around in their underwear. If they were on the porch eating in just their undies, she probably had a fit since it was getting cool and put shirts on them. She probably scolded Misty for not having clothes on them in the first place.

As far as TN goes, I don't think she sent anyone over there. I don't think TN & GGS had the best relationship at all times. In fact (per court documents) GGS didn't have the best relationship with several of her daughters. JMO but I think GGS is a strong willed woman who probably tried to tell her daughters how to raise their children. She had a husband who actually worked for a living and I think she wanted to instill the kids with some decent values. However, it was a little late for most of them--her youngest was already 14 when she married MKS. No, I don't think TN sent her. I think GGS went on her own with the laundry and she went on purpose to check up on the situation. Ron was like a son to her and after all the Misty hubbub, she wanted to see first hand if things were okay. I think TN just wanted to look like the concerned grandparent for all the TV cameras.
All JMO

I always felt Haleigh being Ron's heart was bull. Just to make Ron look better. I don't think Ron is capable of loving anyone but Ron.

IMO, custody of the kids was NEVER about loving his kids. It was about winning. Crystal left Ron. For Ron with his ego, no woman could "leave" him. He left the woman. Crystal leaving Ron made Ron so angry that he had to make her pay. He made her pay by taking the one thing that would hurt her.....her children.

IMO, look at the baby he has with Amber. He does not seem to want anything to do with that baby. If it was about the kids, Ron should be wanting that baby...especially a baby boy. However, Amber did not leave Ron. Ron hooked up with Misty and left Amber No reason to make Amber pay because Ron dumped her.

IMO, that is why I do not believe that Ron was happy and forgiving to Misty after her WBG weekend. Misty made Ron look like a fool. Ron may have dumped her. But Misty was supposed to be heartbroken and humiliated not out with another guy. When Ron found out that Misty was not heartbroken, then he wanted Misty back. Not because he loved Misty. But because he had to make her pay for humiliating him. In Ron's mind, Misty was not allowed to hook up with another guy until he publically had another girl to show that he dumped her.

IMO, I still think that Ron was furious at Misty for making him look like a fool. I think whatever happened started at the bus stop that day. Either Misty picked up Haleigh or Ron just saw Misty there. Either way Ron went after Misty to make Misty pay for humiliating him. When Ron talks about "Haleigh's" drive home, he is not taking from the point of view of Haleigh driving. Ron is talking from the point of view of following someone. Ron is telling us what he was seeing...she turned on the right blinker then the left blinker. Ron saw those blinkers.

IMO, Ron caught up with Misty and Haleigh was there. Misty was the only person in that mess that loved Haleigh. Misty loved Haleigh so much that when they would send Haleigh to beg Misty to come back....Misty would come back for Haleigh.

IMO, Misty loved Haleigh because Misty saw herself in Haleigh. Misty gave Haleigh what Misty herself did not get but wanted growing up. (Yes I speak from experience...it works both ways...you gave the child what you did not have and you get the love you don't get from anywhere else.) Haleigh loved Misty so much that her fear of Daddy could not keep her from trying to help her Misty.

IMO, Ron went after Misty and Haleigh tried to protect Misty. Haleigh got hurt. Haleigh was injured in a way that they could not get her medical help. The injuries could not be covered up as an accident. Ron knew Haleigh was hurt but maybe no one realized how badly.

IMO, Ron left with Haleigh. Most likely Ron took Haleigh to TN. TN told Ron to go to work and she would take care of Haleigh. TN called GGma Sykes to bring over the "nurse" to help Haleigh. 10 minutes after GGma Sykes and the nurse arrived, Haleigh was gone. They realized that Ron was now facing a murder charge. They could not save Haleigh but they could save Ron.

IMO, that is when the cover-up started. TN and GGma Sykes planned the cover-up. In planning the cover-up, they also knew just in case it did not work, they needed someone away from their family to be the one LE would look at.

IMO, that is when the frantic calls to Misty started. TN wanting Misty to babysit. Ron looking for Misty. They had to get Misty to the house. It had to happen on Misty's watch to keep the Cummings out of it.

IMO, Misty did not get to the MH until about 2 am. That is when she was hit with Haleigh died and it was all her fault. As an abused child/gf Misty was used to taking the blame and/or feeling responsibility. If Misty had not made Ron angry, Haleigh would not be dead. If Haleigh was not dead, Ron would not looking at spending his life in jail. Misty was responsible so now it was up to Misty to help save Ron. TN and GGma Sykes told Misty if she claimed that it was a normal night with her watching the kids and she woke up to Haleigh gone, they would help her. But if she refused, they would tell LE that Misty was watching the kids alone. She could try to tell LE she was not there. But who would they believe Misty or GGma Sykes. Misty afraid, feeling guilty and in grief went along with it. That was the start.

IMO, it worked at first. But Misty started realizing that TN, GGma Sykes and Ron were changing the story and making it look like she was lying. It started with the "lies" about the sleeping. Misty told LE the "normal" sleeping arrangements, all of them in the same bed. Ron then TN changed it to Haleigh in another bed. Then Misty felt forced to go along with that story. Misty told LE what she was told Haleigh was wearing...the pink shirt. But to Misty's shock, the pink shirt was found in the MH.

IMO, between Misty realizing that the story they told her to say they were now changing, Misty's guilt and Hank Sr. telling Misty to tell the truth, Misty was ready to crack. TN saw Misty ready to crack and had to fix it. Now it was not just to protect Ron but to protect herself and GGma Sykes for their involvement. TN told Ron that he had to marry Misty. Not only to show Misty that they were still supporting her. But more importantly to get Misty away from her parents. To keep Hank, Sr. from pushing Misty to tell the truth and to keep them from having control of their minor daughter talking to LE.

IMO, Ron played along until he won the custody case over Junior. Ron thought that proved they got away with it. Ron went back to being Ron and let lose of his control of Misty. Misty started talking to her family again. Misty's family told her that LE was looking at her. Hank Sr. talked about Haleigh deserving to be buried. Haleigh's birthday coming up started eating at Misty. Misty knew that Haleigh was NEVER going to have another birthday.

IMO, that brought us to the events of August. Misty calling her family for help to leave Ron. That one action brought GGma Sykes and TN back into cover up mode. They realized Misty was about to break. TN actually said she called TM because Misty was cracking. GGma Sykes kept Misty from going with her parents. Just like with Haleigh, neither TN nor GGma Sykes wanted the responsibility of controlling Misty. They had to fix it so even if Misty told the truth, she would not be believed.

IMO,,TN said she was worried over Misty being afraid of Ron and refusing to be in the same room with him as her "secretive" phone calls. If it was about finding Haleigh, they would have taken Misty to LE when she was ready to crack. But they wanted her to crack in a way they could control what she said. TN got TM involved. TM said that Misty refused testing. The first time Ron talked her into it. The second time TN talked her into it.

IMO, they threatened her into it. I bet part of "talking" her into it was getting TM to agree to let one of them be there with her. Unlike LE, Misty knew every test she took with TM, Ron, TN and GGma Sykes would know what she said. Misty was threatened and knew if she told the truth, either her or her family would pay.

IMO, the leaks about Misty failing TM's test came from the Cummings. Once, it was publically known that Misty had not credibility, they did not need to control Misty. Ron could be free. Because even if Misty told the truth, it would just be another version.

IMO, Ron, TN and GGma Sykes did not do all this because the women were afraid of Ron. They did this because Ron was a reflection on them especially GGma Sykes. GGma Sykes raised Ron. If Ron was charged with killing Haleigh it made GGma Sykes and TN look bad.

Ron kicked Misty out. If she went and had sex with someone else, its just too bad if Ron didn't like it, he kicked her out, and tried to roll her into a ball, presumely to kill a baby that was in her, so I think Misty held all the cards to if and when she came back to Ronald. I still think Ronald and misty never saw each other until he ambushed her after she had picked Haleigh up off the bus, there was no talking it over the night before as Ms Neves wants the world to believe.

jmo

I totally agree with you that Ron and Misty never had a long discussion the night before Haleigh went missing or during the day like Teresa Neves would like everyone to believe. If this was the case then Teresa Neves wouldn't had to beg Misty to come and babysit the kids as she has stated over and over she did. Misty would have already been back in the MH prior to this supposibly happening. I truly believe Misty was setup as a fallgirl from day one.

I still haven't seen where Misty or anyone else states that RC is involved with Haleigh's disappearance. There is utterly no reason for Misty to cover for RC, if in fact Haleigh was killed because "Ron went after Misty" and Haleigh protected her. Does anyone believe that any of these people could cover up blood or other forensic indications of homicide in the mobile home? Surely no one thinks her father killed the child outdoors in broad daylight? This scenario implicates so many people in a murder and a cover-up, when there are no indications from LE or anyone else that Haleigh wasn't alive into the evening hours. And I frankly see no signs that anyone controls Misty, who seems unaware of anyone but herself in hour after hour of video.

I think it is far more likely that Misty was present at Haleigh's death and was desperate to cover up what happened, not to avoid LE (she and the rest of the group seem oblivious to the possibility of prison, perhaps because arrest and bail have been a large part of their lives). If Haleigh's death was accidental or a result of one of the male visitors attacking her, Misty may have decided to cover up with a kidnapping story in order not to lose Ron. That is, she might be willing to play games with Ron regarding her weekend partying, because she is still a very immature adolescent and used to a lot of such drama. But she had to know that Haleigh's death was be the end of her relationship with Ron. Just a thought, but it explains a lot of what has happened thus far.

But by this time, she knows it is all over with RC and there is no reason to cover for him, if he is responsible for Haleigh's death. She could talk, give testimony, and walk out of jail (not prison) because of her age and her cooperation. I can't for one second believe that if she would sell her brother and cousin down the river, so to speak, that RC wouldn't be right behind. Not to mention why Tommy would implicate himself and not RC.

Unless she didn't/doesn't know that rc is responsible..

A likely scenario is that the child was found deceassed by misty or misty directly caused her death and she told rc that this was his fault siting various reasons. RC then protects misty to protect himself from any public scrutiny.

Any truth to the rumor that an old car making loud noise was heard near the MH that night? If true, I wish we had a time on that. I have read several times now that people have reported things to LE about that night but LE did not feel compelled to act on them, at least that is what the those reporting beleive.

Any truth to the rumor that an old car making loud noise was heard near the MH that night? If true, I wish we had a time on that. I have read several times now that people have reported things to LE about that night but LE did not feel compelled to act on them, at least that is what the those reporting beleive.

BBM

I have been researching this all afternoon. I've Googled every possible wording I can think of and found nothing. I'm now looking in the "Media/Links" thread. Its slow going..started at page 1 and have read every news article up through page 7 and have found nothing regarding a loud car...YET, but I'm still looking. If it was in print, I'll find it and post it. :)

I still haven't seen where Misty or anyone else states that RC is involved with Haleigh's disappearance. There is utterly no reason for Misty to cover for RC, if in fact Haleigh was killed because "Ron went after Misty" and Haleigh protected her. Does anyone believe that any of these people could cover up blood or other forensic indications of homicide in the mobile home? Surely no one thinks her father killed the child outdoors in broad daylight? This scenario implicates so many people in a murder and a cover-up, when there are no indications from LE or anyone else that Haleigh wasn't alive into the evening hours. And I frankly see no signs that anyone controls Misty, who seems unaware of anyone but herself in hour after hour of video.

I think it is far more likely that Misty was present at Haleigh's death and was desperate to cover up what happened, not to avoid LE (she and the rest of the group seem oblivious to the possibility of prison, perhaps because arrest and bail have been a large part of their lives). If Haleigh's death was accidental or a result of one of the male visitors attacking her, Misty may have decided to cover up with a kidnapping story in order not to lose Ron. That is, she might be willing to play games with Ron regarding her weekend partying, because she is still a very immature adolescent and used to a lot of such drama. But she had to know that Haleigh's death was be the end of her relationship with Ron. Just a thought, but it explains a lot of what has happened thus far.

But by this time, she knows it is all over with RC and there is no reason to cover for him, if he is responsible for Haleigh's death. She could talk, give testimony, and walk out of jail (not prison) because of her age and her cooperation. I can't for one second believe that if she would sell her brother and cousin down the river, so to speak, that RC wouldn't be right behind. Not to mention why Tommy would implicate himself and not RC.
I respect your post, & see the logic in a lot of it, but if you go back to early interviews, you will see that Misty was most definantly, being manipulated by Ron. But the question is 'why'. Was it because Misty was scared of Ron, (the killer), & he had total control over her? looking more doubtful, by the day. Was it because Misty was responsible for Haleigh's death, Ron knew it, & was covering for her? although, despicable, that's a possibility. Was it because Ron knew what happened, knew Misty wasn't responsible, so he came up with a plan to protect them both? (her knowledge in the crime, & his own criminal behavior?) maybe. Was it him protecting his own bad behavior, & her in a double cross effort, protecting herself? God, who knows...but, one thing that is clear, is that Ron was up to something, that would benefit Ron. & I didn't consider his keeping his 'enemies close, ' statement, an option, because that was just hogwash. But looking back, & thinking about it, what I 1st saw as total control, might have been a traumatized Misty, being grateful that Ron had taken charge. for whatever reason.

BBM

I have been researching this all afternoon. I've Googled every possible wording I can think of and found nothing. I'm now looking in the "Media/Links" thread. Its slow going..started at page 1 and have read every news article up through page 7 and have found nothing regarding a loud car...YET, but I'm still looking. If it was in print, I'll find it and post it. :)

I saw it posted when I was researching today and saw a poster who was a local who reported it. We can't accept this as fact, I know, but I have heard this before.

Ron saying that he was keeping his enemies close, was him admitting that he knew the truth...whether he suspected Misty or not. It's MOO, that he never would've said that otherwise. just said that he intended to marry the girl he loved & trusted, OR admitted that he was marrying her in an attempt to avoid, statutory rape charges.

I know it's a very minor point, but I think GGS said she put shirts on the kids and not that she changed their shirts that night. Maybe when she showed up the kids had just taken baths and were running around in their underwear. If they were on the porch eating in just their undies, she probably had a fit since it was getting cool and put shirts on them. She probably scolded Misty for not having clothes on them in the first place.

As far as TN goes, I don't think she sent anyone over there. I don't think TN & GGS had the best relationship at all times. In fact (per court documents) GGS didn't have the best relationship with several of her daughters. JMO but I think GGS is a strong willed woman who probably tried to tell her daughters how to raise their children. She had a husband who actually worked for a living and I think she wanted to instill the kids with some decent values. However, it was a little late for most of them--her youngest was already 14 when she married MKS. No, I don't think TN sent her. I think GGS went on her own with the laundry and she went on purpose to check up on the situation. Ron was like a son to her and after all the Misty hubbub, she wanted to see first hand if things were okay. I think TN just wanted to look like the concerned grandparent for all the TV cameras.
All JMO

BBM Here is a early interview with GGMA Sykes http://www.wftv.com/video/18748628/index.html
The kids were on the porch eating dinner around 7 pm. @ around 5:15 mark on the interview. That would have been 2/9/09. Here is a link for the weather that day http://jaxweather.net/WeatherImages/WD/February2009.htm Scroll down to the 9th and the high was 73 and low 41. By 7 pm it would have been cold and dark and no one would have had children eating on the porch IMO. I'd guess it was around 55-60 @ that time. These kids were born and raised in Fl and if you've never lived in FL 70 can be cool enough to wear a long sleeved t shirt or a light sweater. 55-60 would be sweats and jackets. This interview was a huge red flag to me in the beginning. Any person parent or not would not be on a porch in the dark feeding children in the cold. ( I believe there was a porch light but it was still cold and dark all around) I also believe there was a later interview with GGMA Sykes where she said she put shirts on the kids. I will look for it and if someone has it handy please post it. I remember thinking she said earlier they were on the porch eating in the cold and dark and now your saying you put shirts on the kids also? The more I see and read I think they are all involved in one way or another. 15 or 25 years for drugs is the least of their problems.

At the end of one of Misty's lie detector tests arranged by TM with TJ Ward I believe, she is asked whether Ron was involved in his daughter's disappearance, and her answer was inconclusive and interpreted to mean she wasn't entirely sure which indicates Ron is the one who is being deceptive and withholding information. Misty asked Ron why he didn't answer his phone when she needed to reach him after she noticed HaLeigh was gone, so IMO, Misty isn't clear on what Ronald was doing after work and he is choosing to remain silent about what he was doing during this critical stage of the investigation. The reason Misty never implicated Ron in his daughter's disappearance is IMO because he purposely avoided telling her what he was up to.

Misty said HaLeigh was Ron's heart and many of us suspect Ron was using excessive force to discipline his children although Misty has never discussed what she knows or saw Ron do to teach his children a lesson. A coworker said Ron told Misty to whip HaLeigh. Someone however contacted DCF to report Ron for using excessive and unnecessary force to discipline his children, who apparently are "his heart". The maternal side of HaLeigh's family said HaLeigh told them Ron was hitting them. We know for a fact Ron was abusing illegal drugs for a long time and willingly doing harm to his own body which to some is violating God's temple.

During a jailhouse conversation between Lindsy and Tommy, they discuss Ron's involvement in his daughter's disappearance.

You say you don't see any signs that anyone controls Misty, maybe not now, but recently Misty spoke out and acknowledged publicly that Ron and his family used her to take care of Ron's children because they didn't the responsibility, and they forced HaLeigh to bring Misty back into Ron's life even though they more than likely knew Ron was physically abusing her and Misty's intention was to permanently leave Ron. . Misty was not trying to hold onto Ronald, she wanted to leave him because she was not safe with him and she needed protection from him. Chelsea stated when Misty and Ron fought, Misty went home and Chelsea hid the fact Ron was physically harming her and Misty was manipulated by his mother and grandmother into going back into an abusive relationship which went against her will. We all know it often takes women in abusive relationships several attempts and professional counselling before they can successfully leave an abusive relationship and Misty was pressured into going back and did not file for a RO against Ron.

Misty said she now believes what Crystal and Amber told her about how Ron treated them in the past. Ron and his family members shut Crystal and Geraldo up when they went public with abuse allegations. Perhaps Ron disciplined his children privately because when DCF interviewed Misty in jail, to her knowledge, Ron was a good father, yet the manner in which he disciplined his children was investigated by DCF and there are photos of HaLeigh and Junior that make me question why DCF thought if Ron moved into a bigger trailer and his children each had their own bedrooms, the problems that were occurring while the children were under Ron's care would disappear? If DCF thought the children needed space and distance from their father, this is not the right way to go about it. Removing the children immediately from his home is IMO.

This is JMO, but because Ron physically and verbally abused Misty, it don't make any sense why she would go out and leave his children alone Monday night to go and party when the reason she was there in the first place was because she loved and cared for these children who desperately needed her and someone on their side to be there for them. Crystal said the children loved Misty too so I think it is BS that Misty left the children alone. Besides, LE have no proof she left Monday evening. Misty feared Ron so she would not risk allowing another man into Ron's trailer Monday night when all this drama which Misty held Ron accountable for was going on inside his home on a continual basis. Those who are making Misty out to be a drug addict need to listen to what she told her dad, which is BTW, what Chelsea said too. WBG said Misty did all kinds of pills the weekend she was with him and look where he is. WBG has zero credibility.

HANK CROSLIN: He did? You didn`t have -- you really didn`t have a drug problem.

MISTY CROSLIN: I didn`t.

HANK CROSLIN: You just did it every once in a while.

MISTY CROSLIN: Yes, and barely, and I didn`t -- it wasn`t even like that. I didn`t even like pills barely, you know? When I got my prescription, he got my whole prescription of pills because I didn`t take them. When Haleigh`s found, I will be let out of jail because that`s the only reason they`re keeping me in here, the only reason they set me up, because of all that stuff. And that`s why my bond is so high. And it`s not right.

Ronald`s family`s not as good as everybody thinks they are. They all take pills. They all use -- you know, it -- come on, now. We`re not the only bad people. We ain`t bad people.

HANK CROSLIN: No, we`re just stupid.

(LAUGHTER)

MISTY CROSLIN: But they think, Oh, Ronald Cummings`s family is so good. They all take pills. They all do (EXPLETIVE DELETED), every last one of them.

HANK CROSLIN: Yes, the whole world does them. They need to go after the doctors because pretty much, you just -- if you go to a doctor, you pretty much tell him what you want and he gives it to you.

MISTY CROSLIN: Exactly.

http://edition.cnn.hu/TRANSCRIPTS/1002/15/ng.01.html

I respect your post, & see the logic in a lot of it, but if you go back to early interviews, you will see that Misty was most definantly, being manipulated by Ron. But the question is 'why'. Was it because Misty was scared of Ron, (the killer), & he had total control over her? looking more doubtful, by the day. Was it because Misty was responsible for Haleigh's death, Ron knew it, & was covering for her? although, despicable, that's a possibility. Was it because Ron knew what happened, knew Misty wasn't responsible, so he came up with a plan to protect them both? (her knowledge in the crime, & his own criminal behavior?) maybe. Was it him protecting his own bad behavior, & her in a double cross effort, protecting herself? God, who knows...but, one thing that is clear, is that Ron was up to something, that would benefit Ron. & I didn't consider his keeping his 'enemies close, ' statement, an option, because that was just hogwash. But looking back, & thinking about it, what I 1st saw as total control, might have been a traumatized Misty, being grateful that Ron had taken charge. for whatever reason.

People forget that Misty is still a kid, really, and one whose emotional and psychological d
development has been delayed by drug abuse. It is entirely possible that like many teenagers, she would rather lie and cover up than face the consequences of her actions. Contrast her language
and behavior after the drug arrest--whining and carrying on about her unhappiness in jail (duh) and her fantasies about bail, and Ron's matter-of-fact statement that he is going to prison.

And if she was afraid of consequences, she had reason to be afraid of Ron and what he would say or do..Whether Misty was directly responsible for Haleigh's death or just responsible for letting the killer(s) into the house or just the person who failed to supervise her, she would have been very afraid of his reaction when he learned his daughter was missing. This is a man with a temper and guns. They had already been fighting over her partying. On the other hand, they may have
already been neck deep in dealing prescription drugs. So Misty was looking at losing her "boyfriend," her home, her part of the drug business, and the freedom of playing house with Ron.
In spite of her resentment of babysitting, she didn't have to worry about having a home--and one where she was the woman of the house--about food or utilities or rent. She didn't need to get a job or pay taxes. She may have felt what she thought was "love" for Ron and might have had "happily ever after visions." All of that would go down the drain if Ron found out she killed Haleigh or her family members did.

So in that sense, maybe Ron did "control" Misty, in that she was willing to lie and stonewall to protect what she had. But there is nothing about how any of these people behave that suggests they are capable of plotting a complex crime or carrying out a complex conspiracy. I think Tommy
and Misty could keep their secrets because they are siblings and would protect each other when they could. They always knew that they could accuse cousin JO (who conveniently lit out for Tennesee the day after Haleigh disappeared) and it would be their word against his. So until the drug sting put all of them in jail, they had to live with the pressure but they could lie and deny and get by.

I really think this case is relatively simple. Either something happened to Haleigh in that mobile home and Misty (or her relatives) had to get rid of her body, or one of Misty's relatives removed her from the mobile home for his own purposes. Two or three people know what happened and because they are blood relatives and they were able to get rid of the body they've been able to avoid being arrested, charged and convicted for Haleigh's murder.

Ron of course was fed the intruder story, which may have been more palatable because Junior said a man took his sister. We can see that Misty's story is only minimally believable, but in the first days and weeks of a child's disappearance, it might have been easier for everyone to believe Misty. Because Ron is such an immature horse's patootie, because he comes across as a , people assume that he's the one pulling he strings. But I can't see any way that Misty could successfully convince him that Haleigh's death was his fault--because even if she got into some drugs, RC could have claimed that they were Misty's, or even Tommy's, if he was in the house--or that Misty should have supervised the kids. We already know that Tommy was using that night. If Ron was at work, the people in "control" here have been the hapless but loyal Croslin siblings. We only have to look at the LE effort to crack The alibis of two people in the Kyron Horman case to see what would have happened if RC had lied about his whereabouts.

I always felt Haleigh being Ron's heart was bull. Just to make Ron look better. I don't think Ron is capable of loving anyone but Ron.

IMO, custody of the kids was NEVER about loving his kids. It was about winning. Crystal left Ron. For Ron with his ego, no woman could "leave" him. He left the woman. Crystal leaving Ron made Ron so angry that he had to make her pay. He made her pay by taking the one thing that would hurt her.....her children.

IMO, look at the baby he has with Amber. He does not seem to want anything to do with that baby. If it was about the kids, Ron should be wanting that baby...especially a baby boy. However, Amber did not leave Ron. Ron hooked up with Misty and left Amber No reason to make Amber pay because Ron dumped her.

IMO, that is why I do not believe that Ron was happy and forgiving to Misty after her WBG weekend. Misty made Ron look like a fool. Ron may have dumped her. But Misty was supposed to be heartbroken and humiliated not out with another guy. When Ron found out that Misty was not heartbroken, then he wanted Misty back. Not because he loved Misty. But because he had to make her pay for humiliating him. In Ron's mind, Misty was not allowed to hook up with another guy until he publically had another girl to show that he dumped her.

IMO, I still think that Ron was furious at Misty for making him look like a fool. I think whatever happened started at the bus stop that day. Either Misty picked up Haleigh or Ron just saw Misty there. Either way Ron went after Misty to make Misty pay for humiliating him. When Ron talks about "Haleigh's" drive home, he is not taking from the point of view of Haleigh driving. Ron is talking from the point of view of following someone. Ron is telling us what he was seeing...she turned on the right blinker then the left blinker. Ron saw those blinkers.

IMO, Ron caught up with Misty and Haleigh was there. Misty was the only person in that mess that loved Haleigh. Misty loved Haleigh so much that when they would send Haleigh to beg Misty to come back....Misty would come back for Haleigh.

IMO, Misty loved Haleigh because Misty saw herself in Haleigh. Misty gave Haleigh what Misty herself did not get but wanted growing up. (Yes I speak from experience...it works both ways...you gave the child what you did not have and you get the love you don't get from anywhere else.) Haleigh loved Misty so much that her fear of Daddy could not keep her from trying to help her Misty.

IMO, Ron went after Misty and Haleigh tried to protect Misty. Haleigh got hurt. Haleigh was injured in a way that they could not get her medical help. The injuries could not be covered up as an accident. Ron knew Haleigh was hurt but maybe no one realized how badly.

IMO, Ron left with Haleigh. Most likely Ron took Haleigh to TN. TN told Ron to go to work and she would take care of Haleigh. TN called GGma Sykes to bring over the "nurse" to help Haleigh. 10 minutes after GGma Sykes and the nurse arrived, Haleigh was gone. They realized that Ron was now facing a murder charge. They could not save Haleigh but they could save Ron.

IMO, that is when the cover-up started. TN and GGma Sykes planned the cover-up. In planning the cover-up, they also knew just in case it did not work, they needed someone away from their family to be the one LE would look at.

IMO, that is when the frantic calls to Misty started. TN wanting Misty to babysit. Ron looking for Misty. They had to get Misty to the house. It had to happen on Misty's watch to keep the Cummings out of it.

IMO, Misty did not get to the MH until about 2 am. That is when she was hit with Haleigh died and it was all her fault. As an abused child/gf Misty was used to taking the blame and/or feeling responsibility. If Misty had not made Ron angry, Haleigh would not be dead. If Haleigh was not dead, Ron would not looking at spending his life in jail. Misty was responsible so now it was up to Misty to help save Ron. TN and GGma Sykes told Misty if she claimed that it was a normal night with her watching the kids and she woke up to Haleigh gone, they would help her. But if she refused, they would tell LE that Misty was watching the kids alone. She could try to tell LE she was not there. But who would they believe Misty or GGma Sykes. Misty afraid, feeling guilty and in grief went along with it. That was the start.

IMO, it worked at first. But Misty started realizing that TN, GGma Sykes and Ron were changing the story and making it look like she was lying. It started with the "lies" about the sleeping. Misty told LE the "normal" sleeping arrangements, all of them in the same bed. Ron then TN changed it to Haleigh in another bed. Then Misty felt forced to go along with that story. Misty told LE what she was told Haleigh was wearing...the pink shirt. But to Misty's shock, the pink shirt was found in the MH.

IMO, between Misty realizing that the story they told her to say they were now changing, Misty's guilt and Hank Sr. telling Misty to tell the truth, Misty was ready to crack. TN saw Misty ready to crack and had to fix it. Now it was not just to protect Ron but to protect herself and GGma Sykes for their involvement. TN told Ron that he had to marry Misty. Not only to show Misty that they were still supporting her. But more importantly to get Misty away from her parents. To keep Hank, Sr. from pushing Misty to tell the truth and to keep them from having control of their minor daughter talking to LE.

IMO, Ron played along until he won the custody case over Junior. Ron thought that proved they got away with it. Ron went back to being Ron and let lose of his control of Misty. Misty started talking to her family again. Misty's family told her that LE was looking at her. Hank Sr. talked about Haleigh deserving to be buried. Haleigh's birthday coming up started eating at Misty. Misty knew that Haleigh was NEVER going to have another birthday.

IMO, that brought us to the events of August. Misty calling her family for help to leave Ron. That one action brought GGma Sykes and TN back into cover up mode. They realized Misty was about to break. TN actually said she called TM because Misty was cracking. GGma Sykes kept Misty from going with her parents. Just like with Haleigh, neither TN nor GGma Sykes wanted the responsibility of controlling Misty. They had to fix it so even if Misty told the truth, she would not be believed.

IMO,,TN said she was worried over Misty being afraid of Ron and refusing to be in the same room with him as her "secretive" phone calls. If it was about finding Haleigh, they would have taken Misty to LE when she was ready to crack. But they wanted her to crack in a way they could control what she said. TN got TM involved. TM said that Misty refused testing. The first time Ron talked her into it. The second time TN talked her into it.

IMO, they threatened her into it. I bet part of "talking" her into it was getting TM to agree to let one of them be there with her. Unlike LE, Misty knew every test she took with TM, Ron, TN and GGma Sykes would know what she said. Misty was threatened and knew if she told the truth, either her or her family would pay.

IMO, the leaks about Misty failing TM's test came from the Cummings. Once, it was publically known that Misty had not credibility, they did not need to control Misty. Ron could be free. Because even if Misty told the truth, it would just be another version.

IMO, Ron, TN and GGma Sykes did not do all this because the women were afraid of Ron. They did this because Ron was a reflection on them especially GGma Sykes. GGma Sykes raised Ron. If Ron was charged with killing Haleigh it made GGma Sykes and TN look bad.

This is one of the best scenarios that I've read thus far. It says pretty much what I've felt happened to poor Haleigh and I've been saying the same thing several times here, but you said it better. I do not in any way feel that Misty harmed Haleigh and I don't think Ronald and Misty were back together at the time that Ronald went to work. I personally feel that Teresa Neves was babysitting and when something happened to Haleigh she started calling Misty to come and babysit and even offered to pay her. Why would Misty have to ask if it was okay with Ronald that she babysat if they were back together? It was said several time that when Misty left the bus stop that day that she headed in the opposite direction of the MH. Even Chelsea stated that Ronald was the one who picked up Haleigh. It appears to me that all of the Cummings have tried to make it look like Misty and company are the guilty ones here. Misty can't keep her story straight because she's been told too many versions and I don't think she really knows the truth, but only what they wanted her to know and it's the Cummings version. It's high time that LE bring in some new eyes who might see things the way several of us see it and take a darn good look at the Cummings. They didn't get anywhere looking at the Croslins but they might just get somewhere looking at the Cummings and clan. After 18 months of not getting anywhere they just might get somewhere looking at the Cummings. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't think that Misty was at the MH until around 2am when a neighbor reported seeing her in the yard screaming and on her cell phone.

Haleigh had a history of having been disciplined inappropriately. This is evidenced by the need for DCF to educate Ronald Cummings in the proper way to discipline a small child. It is not unreasonable to consider that Haleigh may have succumbed to injuries inflicted upon her in the name of discipline...or possibly in the heat of the moment during an argument between Ron and Misty.

The answer might be very simple. This could be a case of domestic abuse. If so, Ron being at work during the 'critical hours' means absolutely nothing. There are documented cases where people have died from head injuries received hours or even days earlier. Head injuries and internal bleeding can go unnoticed until it is too late.

Misty could have found Haleigh later in the evening, dead or dying. This scenario would explain much of the behaviors that scream cover-up by so many of the players and their family members.

Many scenarios have been discussed; I have put forth several myself. But this case might in reality not be so complicated. Haleigh was hit and later died of her injuries. Cover-up was necessary because whoever delivered the blow(s) would have been charged with battery of a child resulting in death.

If this is what happened, any one of my three main suspects could be the guilty one. It could be Misty, TN, or Ron. If this is a case of a slow death after inflicted injury, the person responsible would not have to be there when she died.

Excellent post krkrkj. It's very likely you have uncovered a simple solution to Haleigh's fate as sad as it may be.

One thing I wanted to add is that the time and place was certainly ripe for a fit of domestic violence. Misty was missing, we have been told, out with another man for the weekend and who knows what else she was doing. I'm pretty sure her behavior angered Ron and put him on edge. There's just no way Ron and Misty met up again after that weekend and it would be all hugs and kisses. Instead the moods would be that something transpired between them in the way of a fight or an argument. He or even Misty would have been in a terrible mood, enough so that they would strike out at each other and anyone in their way or who upset them.

The atmosphere between Misty and Ron, after her weekend away, had to have been filled with anger and passion. I don't believe they spent the entire Sunday night awake "working things out" as TN posed. That's just another of his mother's stories.
JMO

At the end of one of Misty's lie detector tests arranged by TM with TJ Ward I believe, she is asked whether Ron was involved in his daughter's disappearance, and her answer was inconclusive and interpreted to mean she wasn't entirely sure which indicates Ron is the one who is being deceptive...

Well, no one can conclude from a polygraph taken by Misty that RON is lying. It matters what the question was, exactly: Was Misty asked, "Was Ron involved in the disappearance?" or "Do you think Ron was involved?" If her answer was inconclusive, it would also matter what her answer was, EXACTLY. it would be entirely possible that Misty knew RC was NOT involved but if she said "I'm not sure..."' then if the polygraph is inconclusive about that statement, then what does that mean? That she may or may not be lying about NOT BEING SURE? Remember, Misty can't clear or implicate ANYONE without revealing that she knows who did or didn't take Haleigh, which would implicate Misty herself.

As to RC's parenting, I would be surprised if he was an exemplary parent. Nor would I assume that child welfare agency referrals, given disputed custody, was an indicator either way, since they left the kids with Ron. What does carry weight with me is that Crystal has not said she suspects Ron or that Ron should come forward with what he knows.

Haleigh had a history of having been disciplined inappropriately. This is evidenced by the need for DCF to educate Ronald Cummings in the proper way to discipline a small child. It is not unreasonable to consider that Haleigh may have succumbed to injuries inflicted upon her in the name of discipline...or possibly in the heat of the moment during an argument between Ron and Misty.

The answer might be very simple. This could be a case of domestic abuse. If so, Ron being at work during the 'critical hours' means absolutely nothing. There are documented cases where people have died from head injuries received hours or even days earlier. Head injuries and internal bleeding can go unnoticed until it is too late.

Misty could have found Haleigh later in the evening, dead or dying. This scenario would explain much of the behaviors that scream cover-up by so many of the players and their family members.

Many scenarios have been discussed; I have put forth several myself. But this case might in reality not be so complicated. Haleigh was hit and later died of her injuries. Cover-up was necessary because whoever delivered the blow(s) would have been charged with battery of a child resulting in death.

If this is what happened, any one of my three main suspects could be the guilty one. It could be Misty, TN, or Ron. If this is a case of a slow death after inflicted injury, the person responsible would not have to be there when she died.

BBM

IMO, this could very well be what happened. The only part that gives me a little trouble is if the injuries were administered by Misty. I can't see TN or RC covering for her. However, I can see both of them covering for each other and telling Misty she had better go along with it or they would tell LE she was responsible. All JMO...

People forget that Misty is still a kid, really, and one whose emotional and psychological d
development has been delayed by drug abuse. It is entirely possible that like many teenagers, she would rather lie and cover up than face the consequences of her actions. Contrast her language
and behavior after the drug arrest--whining and carrying on about her unhappiness in jail (duh) and her fantasies about bail, and Ron's matter-of-fact statement that he is going to prison.

And if she was afraid of consequences, she had reason to be afraid of Ron and what he would say or do..Whether Misty was directly responsible for Haleigh's death or just responsible for letting the killer(s) into the house or just the person who failed to supervise her, she would have been very afraid of his reaction when he learned his daughter was missing. This is a man with a temper and guns. They had already been fighting over her partying. On the other hand, they may have
already been neck deep in dealing prescription drugs. So Misty was looking at losing her "boyfriend," her home, her part of the drug business, and the freedom of playing house with Ron.
In spite of her resentment of babysitting, she didn't have to worry about having a home--and one where she was the woman of the house--about food or utilities or rent. She didn't need to get a job or pay taxes. She may have felt what she thought was "love" for Ron and might have had "happily ever after visions." All of that would go down the drain if Ron found out she killed Haleigh or her family members did.

So in that sense, maybe Ron did "control" Misty, in that she was willing to lie and stonewall to protect what she had. But there is nothing about how any of these people behave that suggests they are capable of plotting a complex crime or carrying out a complex conspiracy. I think Tommy
and Misty could keep their secrets because they are siblings and would protect each other when they could. They always knew that they could accuse cousin JO (who conveniently lit out for Tennesee the day after Haleigh disappeared) and it would be their word against his. So until the drug sting put all of them in jail, they had to live with the pressure but they could lie and deny and get by.

I really think this case is relatively simple. Either something happened to Haleigh in that mobile home and Misty (or her relatives) had to get rid of her body, or one of Misty's relatives removed her from the mobile home for his own purposes. Two or three people know what happened and because they are blood relatives and they were able to get rid of the body they've been able to avoid being arrested, charged and convicted for Haleigh's murder.

Ron of course was fed the intruder story, which may have been more palatable because Junior said a man took his sister. We can see that Misty's story is only minimally believable, but in the first days and weeks of a child's disappearance, it might have been easier for everyone to believe Misty. Because Ron is such an immature horse's patootie, because he comes across as a , people assume that he's the one pulling he strings. But I can't see any way that Misty could successfully convince him that Haleigh's death was his fault--because even if she got into some drugs, RC could have claimed that they were Misty's, or even Tommy's, if he was in the house--or that Misty should have supervised the kids. We already know that Tommy was using that night. If Ron was at work, the people in "control" here have been the hapless but loyal Croslin siblings. We only have to look at the LE effort to crack The alibis of two people in the Kyron Horman case to see what would have happened if RC had lied about his whereabouts.

This is a really well thought-out post. Many people have said, including myself, that Misty would protect Ron. But I think what you say is more accurate. Ron represented everything that Misty could have wanted in this world and never had - a home, stability, and the aura of respectability. And, as you said, this is what she would have been attempting to protect.

Tommy would not have had any reason to protect Ron, but Tommy has pointed at Joe. Depending on exactly what Joe did, if what Tommy and Misty witnessed was traumatic, they may legitimately developed a fear of him.

Well, no one can conclude from a polygraph taken by Misty that RON is lying. It matters what the question was, exactly: Was Misty asked, "Was Ron involved in the disappearance?" or "Do you think Ron was involved?" If her answer was inconclusive, it would also matter what her answer was, EXACTLY. it would be entirely possible that Misty knew RC was NOT involved but if she said "I'm not sure..."' then if the polygraph is inconclusive about that statement, then what does that mean? That she may or may not be lying about NOT BEING SURE? Remember, Misty can't clear or implicate ANYONE without revealing that she knows who did or didn't take Haleigh, which would implicate Misty herself.

As to RC's parenting, I would be surprised if he was an exemplary parent. Nor would I assume that child welfare agency referrals, given disputed custody, was an indicator either way, since they left the kids with Ron. What does carry weight with me is that Crystal has not said she suspects Ron or that Ron should come forward with what he knows.

For a second, put yourself in Crystal's place...
How could you wrap your mind around the fact that your daughter is missing and that the man you once loved and was intimate, bearing two of his children, could possibly harm their daughter, to her demise. THAT, to me, would be extremely difficult. Crystal I'm sure doesn't want to think ill of the father of her two children...in such an evil manner...to me, she just doesn't come across like that. Also at the time when Crystal was still being interviewed by the media...she didn't have custody of Jr. so she still had to be careful of what she said or how she said it so as not to anger Ron and his family... AND for what it is worth, we have NO CLUE, no INKLING of what LE has been told and or knows.... THAT is what is tearing me up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member