General theory thread and motives rehashed #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
& it seems that Ron is still not wanting to put Misty at that bus stop, because even after he made his truth telling deal, Werter used real hedgy wording on Ron being there. So whatever, happened, IMO, involved Misty's confrontation over the bad dope, & probably the fight over the machine gun, since Ron lied so long about it.
also, as much as they all want to put Misty in the trailer, LE is just as adament about putting her outside the trailer. When Tommy was in jail, he claimed that he went by, Misty was gone, & WALA! Tommy got out. So, LE liked what he had to say. was this when Ron sent Tommy the rat? If so, he evidently didn't like Misty being put away from the trailer.

I don't think Misty was passed out. She was too coherent on the 911 call imo. I think she was up way before Ron came in from work and was rehearsing her story that Haleigh just disappeared right out from under her nose. Saying she was sleeping was to protect herself as if "I don't know nuttin.":innocent: Imo, police never believed Misty's 'stories" from day one.

I think she and Tommy were staging the crime scene...racing to get it done before Ron came in. Imo, she didn't all of a sudden just wake up at 3:00 am. She was already up.

I think something happened intentionally to Haleigh under Misty's watch and she panicked and called Tommy to come help her dispose of Haleigh's body and he could be there in no time since he didn't live far from the Cummings home.

I find it much more logical that the person that was the last known person to see Haleigh alive had more means, opportunity and motive than anyone else to harm Haleigh. No sneaking out needed. No wondering if they would be missed at anytime. The very one that said she was in the home that night when Haleigh disappeared ...never to be seen again.

In Tommy's sentencing hearing the DA called him a suspect. It will be interesting to see the comments the DA makes when Misty's sentencing comes to bear in January.

IMO

BBM
I agree. It is much more logical...so why hadn't LE been able to come to a logical conclusion in this case? If LE thought that Misty killed Haleigh and she consistently lied to them, and they had physical evidence that didn't match up with Misty's story...couldn't they have arrested her for something by now? impeding an investigation, obstruction of justice, murder, negligent homicide...something? I mean, I honestly don't know..but it would seem to me that they could if they thought Misty was the actual perp...

And then not only that....Teresa Neves doesn't admit that Misty harmed Haleigh or that she thought that Misty harmed Haleigh...It is the most logical conclusion to suspect Misty...so why didn't that seem so logical to Teresa...someone closest to Misty...? Teresa seemed more concerned about information that Misty had rather than Misty actually killing Haleigh...I really don't get that....

One thing for certain to me though...LE and Teresa were concerned about information that Misty had.

JMO of course

also, as much as they all want to put Misty in the trailer, LE is just as adament about putting her outside the trailer. When Tommy was in jail, he claimed that he went by, Misty was gone, & WALA! Tommy got out. So, LE liked what he had to say. was this when Ron sent Tommy the rat? If so, he evidently didn't like Misty being put away from the trailer.

good point, Dodie...you are absolutely right...maybe LE has good reason to suspect that Misty at some point was not at home..

ETA: Now that I think about it, it seems only the Cummings wanted to place Misty in that trailer all night...the Croslins suspected that Misty wasn't there....and maybe LE suspected the same...IMO, that tip came from the girl that spoke with Tim Miller at the bar...Tim Miller seemed to believe it too. So I wonder what was going on away from that trailer that night?

BBM
I agree. It is much more logical...so why hadn't LE been able to come to a logical conclusion in this case? If LE thought that Misty killed Haleigh and she consistently lied to them, and they had physical evidence that didn't match up with Misty's story...couldn't they have arrested her for something by now? impeding an investigation, obstruction of justice, murder, negligent homicide...something? I mean, I honestly don't know..but it would seem to me that they could if they thought Misty was the actual perp...

And then not only that....Teresa Neves doesn't admit that Misty harmed Haleigh or that she thought that Misty harmed Haleigh...It is the most logical conclusion to suspect Misty...so why didn't that seem so logical to Teresa...someone closest to Misty...? Teresa seemed more concerned about information that Misty had rather than Misty actually killing Haleigh...I really don't get that....

One thing for certain to me though...LE and Teresa were concerned about information that Misty had.

JMO of course

I think some people just want to deny rather than looking at reality. I think it is a coping mechanism used by some.

I really don't find this case is that much different than other unsolved cases where LE knew who did it all along and who participated but just didn't have the evidence they needed to prove it BARD in a court of law. Often I have seen cold cases detectives state they knew from the start who did the crime but they needed that one vital piece of evidence to prove it.

No case is solely won on the words of the defendant to police.........lies or truth. They must have an overwhelming amount of evidence to prove such a serious offense.

LE knows a defendant cannot be made to incriminate themselves. I really think that LE thought Misty wouldn't be able to live with what happened to Haleigh and would confess when pressured. However she fooled them, imo. She is much stronger about protecting herself than they ever thought she would be.

IMO

I think that (perhaps) LE has enough to charge Misty with some lesser charges, i.e., child endangerment, etc., and will probably bring those charges IF they are unsuccessful in getting the information needed to charge her with murder, manslaughter or whatever.

Isn't it possible that her age (at the time of Haleigh's disappearance) is influencing their decision to hold off on the minor charges. I'm thinking it may be easier for them to charge and try her as an adult on the more serious charges.

This post probably makes no sense and I apologize for that. This case has thrown me into a terminal case of loopy, I do believe.:crazy:

Yes ... and on cue Ron arrived home and had Misty call 911 ... after working overtime, stopping by the store for goodies and -- all within 26 minutes of clocking out of work.

No search of the MH or nearby neighborhood ... Misty on 911 and Ron angrily pacing cussing them out rather than providing key descriptive info that was best provided while LE was en-route.

Make yourself useful, either answer the 911 questions or go search. He knew it was already too late. Ron preferred to focus on seeding his alibi and that HaLeigh was stole ... hmmm?

cyberborg, your posts are always so to the point and filled with examples of why there will always be a question mark when one looks at Ron's behavior surrounding the night Haleigh went missing.

I just wanted to add that from what we have been told, Ron returns home, after first stopping at the store after work, But, while at work, he was unsuccessful in trying to reach Misty with a series of phone calls and text messages. Common sense would tell you that if you were trying to reach someone in charge at your home and you could never reach them, you would head straight home to find out what was going on. But for some reason, Ron's concern disappeared between leaving work and getting home. I find that questionable. JMO

I don't think Misty was passed out. She was too coherent on the 911 call imo. I think she was up way before Ron came in from work and was rehearsing her story that Haleigh just disappeared right out from under her nose. Saying she was sleeping was to protect herself as if "I don't know nuttin.":innocent: Imo, police never believed Misty's 'stories" from day one.

I think she and Tommy were staging the crime scene...racing to get it done before Ron came in. Imo, she didn't all of a sudden just wake up at 3:00 am. She was already up.

I think something happened intentionally to Haleigh under Misty's watch and she panicked and called Tommy to come help her dispose of Haleigh's body and he could be there in no time since he didn't live far from the Cummings home.

I find it much more logical that the person that was the last known person to see Haleigh alive had more means, opportunity and motive than anyone else to harm Haleigh. No sneaking out needed. No wondering if they would be missed at anytime. The very one that said she was in the home that night when Haleigh disappeared ...never to be seen again.

In Tommy's sentencing hearing the DA called him a suspect. It will be interesting to see the comments the DA makes when Misty's sentencing comes to bear in January.

IMO

My concerns with this are, as follows:

1. This assumes that Misty did babysit the kids that night and that something didn't happen on TN's or GmaS' watch. Ron picked up HaLeigh from the bus and there were statements added that GmaS dropped by that evening. Was Misty that last one to see HaLeigh alive? We don't know for sure.

2. It assumes that Misty knew that Ron was working overtime and would be leaving work at 3 am. From what we know there was a big argument at 8:30 pm and no communications in either direction afterwards. Misty even tried Ron's cell as he arrived, allegedly.

3. If Ron was not involved he knew very quickly that HaLeigh was dead and cooperated in the cover-up so, it was something that makes both Ron and TN want to shield Misty, if she is the perp with Tommy.

IMO it isn't as simple as just Misty and Tommy else we would have seen charges, LE has enough and if they are the perps they are not going to self-incriminate further to add any details.

If nothing else, IMO, Ron was involved in the cover-up...at least...IMO, Ron is protecting someone...and my money is on Teresa....

I have to be honest with you, cyber...sometimes I don't think that Misty knows the whole story...but I suspect she knows enough, rather she realizes it or not (per Teresa during the dock search).

I just find it odd that everytime Teresa was asked if she thought Misty did something to Haleigh...her response was "no" but Misty may have information..huh? IMO, Teresa and Ron knows Misty didn't harm Haleigh...and IMO, LE knows this too.

Even during the dock search...Teresa would not say that Misty had done something to Haleigh...Remember the interview that Teresa gave on the Today show or something, one day after the dock search started? Maybe I should try to find that video...

And Neves' comment about wanting to have Misty hung in the town square, or however she put it, was chilling.

Here is another video from August...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZLnYl2-VyA

At the 1:44 min mark...Teresa is asked about what she has not heard from Misty that she would like to hear...Teresa says "I don't know if there's anything that I haven't heard." WTH? How about the truth, Teresa? On this same show Teresa admits that LE believes Misty is not being honest..

At the 3:12 min mark...Teresa is asked if she thought Misty had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance....She says "I do not...I hope she did not".

But Teresa knows that Misty is lying, so what's the problem?

IMO this is classic cover-up ... that you know the truth and you are being evasive because you have things to hide, cannot tell the truth and, don't have a good alternative.

I don't think TN can overtly accuse or shed doubt on Misty because Misty has something on her that will take her down, so TN just dances around it everytime.

If you had no skeletons then you'd not only be the first to accuse anyone outside the core family, it is human nature but ... you'd also be open to the possibilities. They squirm instead.

Time and time again reasonable questions are asked about Misty and TN (and Ron) dodge them. Why? It is because they both know the truth, they are not fully accusing Misty (they cannot) so Misty 'knows' stuff but isn't the perp and, they have no other explanation so just wriggle.

cyberborg, your posts are always so to the point and filled with examples of why there will always be a question mark when one looks at Ron's behavior surrounding the night Haleigh went missing.

I just wanted to add that from what we have been told, Ron returns home, after first stopping at the store after work, But, while at work, he was unsuccessful in trying to reach Misty with a series of phone calls and text messages. Common sense would tell you that if you were trying to reach someone in charge at your home and you could never reach them, you would head straight home to find out what was going on. But for some reason, Ron's concern disappeared between leaving work and getting home. I find that questionable. JMO

Exactly!!! If I drove like Ron drives and can get home in ~10 mins then I would check on the kids first and then run to the store because ... if he was running to the store for beer and peanuts he was not going straight to bed.

It was an atypical night, to put it mildly with Misty just back from a 3-day drug binge, the major discord between them, then a fight at 8:30pm and, lack of communications. You'd be climbing up the wall.

I think that (perhaps) LE has enough to charge Misty with some lesser charges, i.e., child endangerment, etc., and will probably bring those charges IF they are unsuccessful in getting the information needed to charge her with murder, manslaughter or whatever.

Isn't it possible that her age (at the time of Haleigh's disappearance) is influencing their decision to hold off on the minor charges. I'm thinking it may be easier for them to charge and try her as an adult on the more serious charges.

This post probably makes no sense and I apologize for that. This case has thrown me into a terminal case of loopy, I do believe.:crazy:

It is possible Boots-OK, but if you look at any case here in Florida where an underaged child is charged with a serious crime, you can see that the state of Florida has no problem whatsoever charging a person under the age of 18 as an adult... JMO

i do believe we are all right there with you with terminal loopiness (new word :) ) :dance:

as do i sista ;)! BBM :)

i just wanted to add to your post, Ron's concern disappeared before he left work that night, because he claims to have worked a lil over time, on that barge that came in. IMO, if i weren't able to get a hold of the person in charge of my home and children, i wouldn't be staying to work overtime either. JMO.... i wouldn't even care if it costs me my job, i would have told my boss, that i need to go check on my kids, and if i wasn't permitted to leave, i would leave anyways, because something just isn't right. if i was permitted to leave, i would have and once i saw all was well and good, i would have returned to work, and probably worked the overtime to make sure i made my hours that week. MOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

My thoughts about Misty failing the various independent LDT tests and so on is that Misty was lying because she had been given this script as part of the cover-up but it contained few details.

Misty could not even keep to the script itself so when asked different more detailed questions she fell apart. She didn't have the fillers and could not keep everything straight, like Casey Anthony can or come up with things on-the-fly.

Misty didn't have all of those details of what the kids did that evening, what dinner they had, when they went to bed, etc so Misty made it up. She filled in the blanks and did a terrible job and so drew suspicion onto her.

If Misty was in the MH that evening then she'd have 80+% of the story IMO. She would have done some things and be able to easily relate those parts. Where you would see her get shaky is on the period when/if something happened.

Misty seems to have NADA ... all of the stories of doing the washing and so on did not pan out. She had nothing that really placed her in the MH that night.

So ... that's why I think that LE place Misty outside the MH and why they have physical evidence that she was not there -- because the stories she told do not map to tests on the cooker, cooking utensils, washer, etc.

LE know that Misty was not home as she claims so ... either Misty had the kids over at some party to continue her binge or, she was not babysitting at all and someone else was or, something had happened very early on that precluded the whole evening ... it cannot be something that happened later.

Her LDT did point to the involvement of others though ... it wasn't just about the script. She knows enough to be dangerous but not everything. Misty may have been setup and a guilt trip laid on her ... so she played the role of being home as the babysitter and an abduction.

Ok what about this scenerio

MC agrees to watch the kids only if Ron will let her because he was mad about her party weekend and she assumed he wouldn't want her there.

Ron asks his mother to do it cause he doesn't want MC there and she says she can't and offers to pay mc to do it.

RC relents, keeps giving MC a hard time about things and tells her to give Haleigh a pill to sleep so they can all go to bed and rest up.

Mc sticks it out, AC guy comes over, Tommy comes over to smoke a joint, she continues to fight with RC on the phone.

At 8:30 RC and MC fighting on the phone and MC has had enough, tells him to deal with his own kids and household and leaves. She goes to her parents place cause they are in the hospital and she knows she can have peace and quiet there. She falls fast asleep cause she is exhausted.

RC calls Tommy to try and see if MC really did leave the kids in teh trailer sleeping and bail on him. She did.

RC calls his mother and or grandmother whining MC left and the kids are there alone sleeping, that one of them has to get over there asap.
One of them does, and upon arrival finds Haleigh gone (or dead).

The cover-up begins so the pill situation wouldn't be exposed and get RC in trouble. They stage the house, make it appear like a break in bla bla.

They find MC at her parents, get her all scared telling her because SHE left the kids alone and now Haleigh was gone she would go down for it all, so to help HER they came up with this big coverup and got rid of the evidence (haleigh). Drag her back to the mobile home while filling her in on the story, you woke up and she was gone, that's all you need to know and say Misty, she was there when you went to sleep, and gone when you woke up and the back door was wide open with a brick. Just say that and everyone will focus on looking for haleigh instead of your story. Trust us Misty, this will all be fine. (i can just hear them filling her head with crap)

MC does it like they ask, RC marries her and shuts up Tommy because Tommy knows MC left to go sleep at her moms and shouldn't be the one to take the fall for this. Maybe MC convinced TC to please go along with it cuase she will get in trouble for leaving the kids alone (eventho RC has probably done it many times)

This is why the bed didn't appear to be slept in, cause MC didnt' actually get around to falling asleep there before she got fed up and left.

This could be why the evidence doesn't match up, When Misty tried to fill in the blanks of the entire night (when she was only there for parts of it) she did a terrbile job.

Misty failed polygraphs for obvious reasons as stated above, she HAD to stick with the - I woke up she was gone story, since she already let that out there, she wasn't even there and that is why it came up deceptive

TN and GGMS sang her praises cause they knew she was helping them by sticking to the script as best she could.

Why TN turned on her later could be because she told too many alternate versions, she screwed it all up and they worry she is going to talk and bring them all down so they are now trying to discredit her in case she does come out with the truth.

Sure as heck wish we had access to phone logs, would clear a lot of things up for me.

Ok what about this scenerio

MC agrees to watch the kids only if Ron will let her because he was mad about her party weekend and she assumed he wouldn't want her there.

Ron asks his mother to do it cause he doesn't want MC there and she says she can't and offers to pay mc to do it.

RC relents, keeps giving MC a hard time about things and tells her to give Haleigh a pill to sleep so they can all go to bed and rest up.

Mc sticks it out, AC guy comes over, Tommy comes over to smoke a joint, she continues to fight with RC on the phone.

At 8:30 RC and MC fighting on the phone and MC has had enough, tells him to deal with his own kids and household and leaves. She goes to her parents place cause they are in the hospital and she knows she can have peace and quiet there. She falls fast asleep cause she is exhausted.

RC calls Tommy to try and see if MC really did leave the kids in teh trailer sleeping and bail on him. She did.

RC calls his mother and or grandmother whining MC left and the kids are there alone sleeping, that one of them has to get over there asap.
One of them does, and upon arrival finds Haleigh gone (or dead).

The cover-up begins so the pill situation wouldn't be exposed and get RC in trouble. They stage the house, make it appear like a break in bla bla.

They find MC at her parents, get her all scared telling her because SHE left the kids alone and now Haleigh was gone she would go down for it all, so to help HER they came up with this big coverup and got rid of the evidence (haleigh). Drag her back to the mobile home while filling her in on the story, you woke up and she was gone, that's all you need to know and say Misty, she was there when you went to sleep, and gone when you woke up and the back door was wide open with a brick. Just say that and everyone will focus on looking for haleigh instead of your story. Trust us Misty, this will all be fine. (i can just hear them filling her head with crap)

MC does it like they ask, RC marries her and shuts up Tommy because Tommy knows MC left to go sleep at her moms and shouldn't be the one to take the fall for this. Maybe MC convinced TC to please go along with it cuase she will get in trouble for leaving the kids alone (eventho RC has probably done it many times)

This is why the bed didn't appear to be slept in, cause MC didnt' actually get around to falling asleep there before she got fed up and left.

This could be why the evidence doesn't match up, When Misty tried to fill in the blanks of the entire night (when she was only there for parts of it) she did a terrbile job.

Misty failed polygraphs for obvious reasons as stated above, she HAD to stick with the - I woke up she was gone story, since she already let that out there, she wasn't even there and that is why it came up deceptive

TN and GGMS sang her praises cause they knew she was helping them by sticking to the script as best she could.

Why TN turned on her later could be because she told too many alternate versions, she screwed it all up and they worry she is going to talk and bring them all down so they are now trying to discredit her in case she does come out with the truth.

Sure as heck wish we had access to phone logs, would clear a lot of things up for me.

Wow....your scenario is a good possibility and I like that it is not overly complicated; it incorporates all who have acted suspiciously as though they have some level of involvement/something to hide. Plus, it is a relatively simple scenario....very plausible, IMO.

Wow....your scenario is a good possibility and I like that it is not overly complicated; it incorporates all who have acted suspiciously as though they have some level of involvement/something to hide. Plus, it is a relatively simple scenario....very plausible, IMO.

And to add one more point to my theory, after filling MC in and getting her back to the mobile home with the guilt trips that it was all her fault, and now RC was going to lose junior unless she helped make this look like an abduction, Teresa left and went to park around the corner to wait for cops to be called.
That is why she got there so fast with picture in hand that night. She wasn't far because she just dropped Misty off there and put jr back into bed (he was most likely taken to GGMS house for while until they could get the place cleaned and set up) then brought back when MC was brought back to appear as if she just 'woke up' and noticed Haleigh gone.

I'm now wondering if the picture of Haleigh that TN had came from the MH.

Why would she bring a picture of Haleigh with her? Wouldn't Ron have pictures of Haleigh? But if she wanted to make LE believe she came from her home, I could see her taking a picture as she was leaving the MH.

IMO, the picture was another "stage" to make it appear she came from her home and not around the corner.

And to add one more point to my theory, after filling MC in and getting her back to the mobile home with the guilt trips that it was all her fault, and now RC was going to lose junior unless she helped make this look like an abduction, Teresa left and went to park around the corner to wait for cops to be called.
That is why she got there so fast with picture in hand that night. She wasn't far because she just dropped Misty off there and put jr back into bed (he was most likely taken to GGMS house for while until they could get the place cleaned and set up) then brought back when MC was brought back to appear as if she just 'woke up' and noticed Haleigh gone.

What I like most about your theory is that it explains some of the odd behaviors and the evasiveness we have witnessed from all the players. For the past 20 months I have tried to come up with scenarios that did not involve Ron, because I have no reason to believe he was not at work that night. However, Ron's behavior and some of his inappropriate statements made it impossible for me to seriously entertain any scenario that does not involve him at least in the cover-up.

Ron's direct involvement, if any, felt like either a drug OD or discipline gone wrong, and either could still be the case with the scenario you outlined. And TN and GMS involvement would be to protect Ron, if nothing more.

I could never come to terms with Misty not blurting out the truth by now, given her current situation. If she knew nothing at all, and was not there that night, why not just say that to save herself?!! But she has not done so. Why not?

You effectively answer that question, IMO. Misty would bear much of the guilt--or at least thinks she would--if the truth came out.

Also, I have never been convinced that TN was at home asleep, awakened by a call from Ron that Haleigh was missing, but within about a minute's time she was up and dressed to the nines, and grabbed that 8 x 10 glossy as she stumbled out the door to arrive in record time at the MH. Your scenario provides a plausible answer to the TN quick-arrival question, IMO.

To me, it makes no sense at all that Misty would continue to cover for Ron, TN, GMS, or anyone at this point. Also, it makes no sense for any of them to cover for Misty anymore. Maybe in the beginning, when they all thought it would all just blow over, but with the case continuing and with her subsequent arrest, Misty would have cracked if she really believed she had no fault regarding Haleigh's demise. Misty having been thoroughly convinced she would be held responsible for Haleigh's demise could easily explain why she continues to deny not being at the MH that night.

Ron is involved; I am convinced of that. But, I have for the most part considered his involvement to be indirect--a cover-up of events rather than actual participation. I am still not 100% on that, but I am going to go along with him fearing the truth coming out for reasons other than direct involvement in Haleigh's demise. Ron, IMO, has many things he wants to keep hidden and I believe he is capable of feeling OK not being forthcoming regarding Haleigh's disappearance because he believes that there is no reason to make his secrets known since it will not bring his daughter back.

All along, I have tried to figure out what happened to Haleigh. Your scenario helps me to see that the key to cracking this case may lie in cracking the cover-up, and who played what part in it. Once that is accomplished, the truth about Haleigh's demise may just fall into place, IMO.

I'm really tired and likely not making much sense but I hope you can follow what I have said. I like your scenario; it's simple, while pointing to each of the possible perps for at least having a hand in the cover-up.

as do i sista ;)! BBM :)

i just wanted to add to your post, Ron's concern disappeared before he left work that night, because he claims to have worked a lil over time, on that barge that came in. IMO, if i weren't able to get a hold of the person in charge of my home and children, i wouldn't be staying to work overtime either. JMO.... i wouldn't even care if it costs me my job, i would have told my boss, that i need to go check on my kids, and if i wasn't permitted to leave, i would leave anyways, because something just isn't right. if i was permitted to leave, i would have and once i saw all was well and good, i would have returned to work, and probably worked the overtime to make sure i made my hours that week. MOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Good point lil momma, thanks for adding this

What I like most about your theory is that it explains some of the odd behaviors and the evasiveness we have witnessed from all the players. For the past 20 months I have tried to come up with scenarios that did not involve Ron, because I have no reason to believe he was not at work that night. However, Ron's behavior and some of his inappropriate statements made it impossible for me to seriously entertain any scenario that does not involve him at least in the cover-up.

Ron's direct involvement, if any, felt like either a drug OD or discipline gone wrong, and either could still be the case with the scenario you outlined. And TN and GMS involvement would be to protect Ron, if nothing more.

I could never come to terms with Misty not blurting out the truth by now, given her current situation. If she knew nothing at all, and was not there that night, why not just say that to save herself?!! But she has not done so. Why not?

You effectively answer that question, IMO. Misty would bear much of the guilt--or at least thinks she would--if the truth came out.

Also, I have never been convinced that TN was at home asleep, awakened by a call from Ron that Haleigh was missing, but within about a minute's time she was up and dressed to the nines, and grabbed that 8 x 10 glossy as she stumbled out the door to arrive in record time at the MH. Your scenario provides a plausible answer to the TN quick-arrival question, IMO.

To me, it makes no sense at all that Misty would continue to cover for Ron, TN, GMS, or anyone at this point. Also, it makes no sense for any of them to cover for Misty anymore. Maybe in the beginning, when they all thought it would all just blow over, but with the case continuing and with her subsequent arrest, Misty would have cracked if she really believed she had no fault regarding Haleigh's demise. Misty having been thoroughly convinced she would be held responsible for Haleigh's demise could easily explain why she continues to deny not being at the MH that night.

Ron is involved; I am convinced of that. But, I have for the most part considered his involvement to be indirect--a cover-up of events rather than actual participation. I am still not 100% on that, but I am going to go along with him fearing the truth coming out for reasons other than direct involvement in Haleigh's demise. Ron, IMO, has many things he wants to keep hidden and I believe he is capable of feeling OK not being forthcoming regarding Haleigh's disappearance because he believes that there is no reason to make his secrets known since it will not bring his daughter back.

All along, I have tried to figure out what happened to Haleigh. Your scenario helps me to see that the key to cracking this case may lie in cracking the cover-up, and who played what part in it. Once that is accomplished, the truth about Haleigh's demise may just fall into place, IMO.

I'm really tired and likely not making much sense but I hope you can follow what I have said. I like your scenario; it's simple, while pointing to each of the possible perps for at least having a hand in the cover-up.

BBM

This part I agree with, and this is also what I think Ron gave LE in his plea deal.

It's MOO LE has finally convinced Ron of the lie he has been operating under all this time, and that's why there is now the hostility towards Misty from Ron and Co.

All the above, MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member