General theory thread and motives rehashed #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good point too, I understand what you're saying even thought I do believe the pastor. He's been a good support to the family.

I think a pastor wants to believe the good in all ppl but he thought long and hard into not marrying these two. they had to go to a justice of the peace.

guess he thought it not a match made in heaven!

Absolutely.

The pastor can honestly say that he was told that Ron worked eight hours. Although Ron is claiming to not only have worked eight hours but worked overtime.................imagine that. I do not believe that Ron stayed at work the whole time. I believe that he put in an appearance and then left as soon as he reached the back forty. The area where he was working was very isolated and he was out of sight of the other workers. I'm very aware of how plant sites are laid out. I've worked at industrial plants all my life. If Ron was reportedly working at the barge unloading dock at the river he was most likely moving material to a laydown yard with a forklift or unloading the barge with a picker (a small crane). There would be no security cameras in this area. He could easily walk around to the back parking lot which is out of sight of the guardhouse and leave without anyone seeing him do so. I seriously doubt if he worked even close to eight hours. The video cameras are set up at the entrance near the guardhouse and at the timeclocks. It has been reported that Ron would take Haleigh and Jr. to work and leave them in the car while he was at work. I seriously doubt if he clocked out and back in several times during the shift to check on them. This would have shown up on the timecard and would have been seen by management. IMO he had another route to his car in the parking lot that did not necessitate having to clock out and then back in.

Ron made a Freudian Slip on audio/video. He says, "I knew my daughter like the back of my hand"..hmmm.

Trying to catch up.

He also used the past tense in referring to Haleigh...:waitasec:

The pastor can honestly say that he was told that Ron worked eight hours. Although Ron is claiming to not only have worked eight hours but worked overtime.................imagine that. I do not believe that Ron stayed at work the whole time. I believe that he put in an appearance and then left as soon as he reached the back forty. The area where he was working was very isolated and he was out of sight of the other workers. I'm very aware of how plant sites are laid out. I've worked at industrial plants all my life. If Ron was reportedly working at the barge unloading dock at the river he was most likely moving material to a laydown yard with a forklift or unloading the barge with a picker (a small crane). There would be no security cameras in this area. He could easily walk around to the back parking lot which is out of sight of the guardhouse and leave without anyone seeing him do so. I seriously doubt if he worked even close to eight hours. The video cameras are set up at the entrance near the guardhouse and at the timeclocks. It has been reported that Ron would take Haleigh and Jr. to work and leave them in the car while he was at work. I seriously doubt if he clocked out and back in several times during the shift to check on them. This would have shown up on the timecard and would have been seen by management. IMO he had another route to his car in the parking lot that did not necessitate having to clock out and then back in.

I have seen an individual state that, personally, I believe it's just more lies. LE definitely has never stated that.

I have seen an individual state that, personally, I believe it's just more lies. LE definitely has never stated that.

LE hasn't stated Jack about anything. I think that it is very unfortunate that LE didn't publicize what they found throughout the case. Maybe more people would have come forward if they had. It is totally impossible for me to believe that everything that comes out of Ron Cummings' mouth is the truth and that everyone else is just plain out lying. This does not even compute.

LE hasn't stated Jack about anything. I think that it is very unfortunate that LE didn't publicize what they found throughout the case. Maybe more people would have come forward if they had. It is totally impossible for me to believe that everything that comes out of Ron Cummings' mouth is the truth and that everyone else is just plain out lying. This does not even compute.

LE has stated several things, live and also in press releases.

BBM - I would never say or think that. I believe Ronald is innocent but I wouldn't make a statement like that.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-01-21/...ngs-ronald-cummings-misty-croslin?_s=PM:CRIME

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said in August that "the evidence and investigatory effort has minimized the likelihood that Haleigh's disappearance is the work of a stranger."

"Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, are not considered suspects, police said.

Investigators said in a statement last August that they believe Croslin "continues to hold important answers in the case" but has not provided "any sort of detailed accounting of the hours during the late evening and early morning of Haleigh's disappearance."

Investigators also said that physical evidence contradicts Croslin's account."

http://www.pcso.us/article.aspx?ArticleId=203
"At this point, the evidence and investigatory effort has minimized the likelihood that Haleigh’s disappearance is the work of a stranger. The individuals with direct knowledge of Haleigh’s whereabouts the night she went missing have still failed to provide the necessary information to bring this case to a logical conclusion. Contradictory statements provided by these witnesses indicate that they are concealing information from the investigators."

http://www.pcso.us/2010-4-14-a

"The rumor that a subject is either currently being detained by law enforcement, or is in law enforcement custody related to the Haleigh Cummings case has been reported to the media. Sheriff Hardy wants the citizens of Putnam County and the media to know that this rumor is false. There is currently no one in law enforcement custody as the result of the investigation into Haleigh Cummings’ disappearance."

This one has the most info imo: http://www.pcso.us/2010-2-9-a

I do think some releases and statements are tough to swallow, namely the one saying basically there were no human bones etc found, and then the next one contradicted that. It's frustrating and confusing

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-01-21/...ngs-ronald-cummings-misty-croslin?_s=PM:CRIME

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said in August that "the evidence and investigatory effort has minimized the likelihood that Haleigh's disappearance is the work of a stranger."

"Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, are not considered suspects, police said.

Investigators said in a statement last August that they believe Croslin "continues to hold important answers in the case" but has not provided "any sort of detailed accounting of the hours during the late evening and early morning of Haleigh's disappearance."

"At this point, the evidence and investigatory effort has minimized the likelihood that Haleigh’s disappearance is the work of a stranger. The individuals with direct knowledge of Haleigh’s whereabouts the night she went missing have still failed to provide the necessary information to bring this case to a logical conclusion. Contradictory statements provided by these witnesses indicate that they are concealing information from the investigators."

"The rumor that a subject is either currently being detained by law enforcement, or is in law enforcement custody related to the Haleigh Cummings case has been reported to the media. Sheriff Hardy wants the citizens of Putnam County and the media to know that this rumor is false. There is currently no one in law enforcement custody as the result of the investigation into Haleigh Cummings’ disappearance."

I do think some releases and statements are tough to swallow, namely the one saying basically there were no human bones etc found, and then the next one contradicted that. It's frustrating and confusing

JMO, but the BBM are "key" words.

IMO, not considered suspects is not the same as not a suspect or cleared, JMO :)

ITA, and I do find it interesting that they haven't cleared any family members.

ITA!!!! Usually in an investigation the family closest(living within the home) to the victims are the first to be cleared, and that with all the strange behavior is what really makes me think that Ron has the knowledge of what happened to his daughter . JMO

:)

BBM/UBM
I think we need to look at this statement. After stating that LE has come to the conclusion that Haleigh's disappearance was not the work of a stranger....they mention that the individuals (plural) in direct knowledge of Haleigh's whereabouts that evening have still failed to provide the information to bring this case to a logical conclusion....Now...Misty is supposedly the last one to see Haleigh so who else would've had "direct knowledge" of Haleigh's whereabouts the night she went missing? LE stated "individuals" so in other words their not just talking about Misty and IMO, they are also referring to Ron. They were still trying to get information out of Ron and Misty even after the drug bust...and it would make sense especially if LE have already told us that some people have still failed to provide the necessary information to help with this case....Ron included.

Just recently, LE stated that the "family members" have not been truthful from day one...I am assuming these are the same individuals with "direct knowledge" of Haleigh's whereabouts the night she went missing. Who had direct knowledge?

BBM/UBM
I think we need to look at this statement. After stating that LE has come to the conclusion that Haleigh's disappearance was not the work of a stranger....they mention that the individuals (plural) in direct knowledge of Haleigh's whereabouts that evening have still failed to provide the information to bring this case to a logical conclusion....Now...Misty is supposedly the last one to see Haleigh so who else would've had "direct knowledge" of Haleigh's whereabouts the night she went missing? LE stated "individuals" so in other words their not just talking about Misty and IMO, they are also referring to Ron. They were still trying to get information out of Ron and Misty even after the drug bust...and it would make sense especially if LE have already told us that some people have still failed to provide the necessary information to help with this case....Ron included.

Just recently, LE stated that the "family members" have not been truthful from day one...I am assuming these are the same individuals with "direct knowledge" of Haleigh's whereabouts the night she went missing. Who had direct knowledge?

Id say ron and misty!

BBM/UBM

I would say Cummings Family. Period. Not Croslin.... Cummings/Sykes/Neves.

I don't know if or how the Croslins fit in. They have told lies. They have/had lots of trash to hide. We know Cummings was pointing the Croslin finger from day one.... they are easy target... always guilty of something... But Haliegh? I don't know.

JMO, but the BBM are "key" words.

IMO, not considered suspects is not the same as not a suspect or cleared, JMO :)

The CNN article where the reporter wrote that LE did not consider Ronald nor Crystal are the words of a reporter's interpretation of what that reporter thinks LE said. I would like to see an actual statement from LE saying those words either on video or in an official press release. The information you linked also states that LE do not consider Misty a suspect.

BBM/UBM

Jmo, Misty and Tommy. I also wonder what Lisa and Timmy and Chelsea and Lindsy know, I hate to think Lindsy and Chelsea know anything, but I do wonder. I don't think Hank Sr has any knowledge of what happened though, he does strike me as sincere when he speaks about HaLeigh.

I think a pastor wants to believe the good in all ppl but he thought long and hard into not marrying these two. they had to go to a justice of the peace.

guess he thought it not a match made in heaven!

Ita, I think several people were probably against it.

This article also had the following statements:
“Ronald Cummings called police and reported his daughter missing when he returned from work at dawn.”
(snipped)
Croslin has not been named a person of interest or suspect in Haleigh's disappearance. In televised interviews, she has said she does not know what happened to the little girl but believes "the other side of the family" knows where she is.

Now, I think by now that most of us know that Ronald did not call police. However, he did direct Misty to call 911. I’m saying this just to point out that a reporter interprets and reports in error quiet a bit.

The CNN article where the reporter wrote that LE did not consider Ronald nor Crystal are the words of a reporter's interpretation of what that reporter thinks LE said. I would like to see an actual statement from LE saying those words either on video or in an official press release. The information you linked also states that LE do not consider Misty a suspect.

Sorry, I thought I did post that. Will find and post tomorrow when I'm on my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheeseghost22