General theory thread and motives rehashed #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I thought I did post that. Will find and post tomorrow when I'm on my computer.

It was from your post. I just wanted to point out that when a reporter is writing the article you have to take it as just that. Is there a link where LE stated that to the public, ie., that Ronald and Crystal were not considered suspects?

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-01-21/...ngs-ronald-cummings-misty-croslin?_s=PM:CRIME

This article also had the following statements:
“Ronald Cummings called police and reported his daughter missing when he returned from work at dawn.”
(snipped)
Croslin has not been named a person of interest or suspect in Haleigh's disappearance. In televised interviews, she has said she does not know what happened to the little girl but believes "the other side of the family" knows where she is.

Now, I think by now that most of us know that Ronald did not call police. However, he did direct Misty to call 911. I’m saying this just to point out that a reporter interprets and reports in error quiet a bit.

Ita, that happens a lot imo

It was from your post. I just wanted to point out that when a reporter is writing the article you have to take it as just that. Is there a link where LE stated that to the public, ie., that Ronald and Crystal were not considered suspects?

I'll find and post tomorrow for you. It's probably in the news links, but I'll look for you

Ron may love his kids, he probably does, but by any standards, he did a terrible job while he had custody. One's gone for good, it seems, and he lost custody of the other because he went to prison for drug trafficking. But, I'm not so sure how I feel about visitation. I wasn't bothered like some people, when LC took her son to visit Tommy. Those kids want to see their dads and not getting to see them might cause emotional problems or abandonment issues. These dads are facts of their lives, and I'm the kind of person who thinks reality should be faced and dealt with. If it comes out that Ron did have something to do with Haleigh missing, I'll feel completely different. Even people like me, draw the line somewhere. I'm not sure CS or LC are in the position to make good decisions regarding Ron and Tommy, because they both seem to be back and forth where they're concerned...can't say I blame them. What a mess these dads have caused for their children. I'm just thankful Misty and Hope didn't have any little ones to leave behind. MOO

Women who have lived like LC and CS really don't have skills how to live any other way, most of the time. Most communities offer free group counseling sessions for women, usually through a women's shelter. Before I retired I facilitated group sessions at the Battered Women's Shelter here in my town once a week. Saw so many women change their lives, not necessarily due to what I, but due to the grace of God. The stronger these women grow and learn to make better choices for themselves, the better they can raise their children to make good choices. I wish all women well in that.
We are much stronger than we give ourselves credit for sometimes....
I definitely am a woman's women. We have to stick together...

August 17 2009 PCSO press release, think I posted it above saying it had the most info.

I agree again, I don't think he wanted to get married, jmo
well, that's where I'm in the minority. I think Ron did exactly what he wanted when he married Misty. He looked quite happy, proposing on his knees, and he looked even happier and carefree in his honeymoon pictures. MOO.

Flossie, thanks for posting these links. I was just noticing the dates on them:
1-1-10...1 yr and 3 mo ago
2-9-11...only 2 mo. ago
4-19-10...1 yr ago in 1 mo, and 4 days
2-9 10...1 yr and 2 mo ago

I know LE isn't saying much...wish they would tell us more. These are old articles except 1. It's hard for me to think they are still sticking to the same ideas from so long ago. JMO

well, that's where I'm in the minority. I think Ron did exactly what he wanted when he married Misty. He looked quite happy, proposing on his knees, and he looked even happier and carefree in his honeymoon pictures. MOO.

IMO, at his wedding he looked like he'd rather be having a root canal.

On page 2 of the REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE GENERAL MAGISTRATE dated 12/1/2005, the Honorable R. Mitchell Prugh, General Magistrate wrote:

10. Petitioner testified that his mother, an employee of the Alachua County Sheriff, and aunt assist with supervising the children. Petitioner testified he presently lives with his mother.

On page 3 he specifically states that living with his mother weighed in Ronald Cummings being awarded primary residential responsibility for the children.

The General Magistrate finds.......petitioner's residence in his mother's home with the two children..... weigh in petitioner having primary residential responsibility.

I can’t help but wonder how his Honor would have felt about Mr. Cummings living with an underage 17 year old girl and leaving her as the sole person responsible for supervising the children?

I also wonder if the Honorable R. Mitchell Prugh remembers a letter written to him as part of a motion filed by a desperate mother on 11/1/2005, one month to the day BEFORE he awarded custody to Ronald Cummings?

I wonder if he remembers the chilling, prophetic words it contained?

“I am in fear of my two children Haleigh and Ronald Jr's safety.”

“Your Honor I am afraid what might happen to my children if they stay with him.”

“I am begging the courts to please have mercy on my children and return them to me before something bad happens to one of them.”

“Please accept this motion for the safety and well being of these children.”

“.....before something bad happens to one of them.....”

I wonder how well his Honor sleeps at night?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RDtrTwvY0Y

Attachments

• Crystal'sLetter1.jpg
    Crystal'sLetter1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Crystal'sLetter2.jpg
    Crystal'sLetter2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 6
IMO, at his wedding he looked like he'd rather be having a root canal.
I chalked that up to him knowing the outside was looking in. In their private honeymoon pictures, (which I was surprised to have seen), no dentist was needed...just a happy couple on a carefree vacation. They looked incredibly immature, like 2 kids! Ron's turned around hat and their kissy picture kind of blew me away. MOO.

JMO, but I think Ronald had been downing a bit of "liquid courage" just prior to the bended knee and proposal. The Chilis' bar bill was probably mind boggling, but he may have talked them into giving him a free dinner with drinks.:twocents:

On page 2 of the REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE GENERAL MAGISTRATE dated 12/1/2005, the Honorable R. Mitchell Prugh, General Magistrate wrote:

On page 3 he specifically states that living with his mother weighed in Ronald Cummings being awarded primary residential responsibility for the children.

I can’t help but wonder how his Honor would have felt about Mr. Cummings living with an underage 17 year old girl and leaving her as the sole person responsible for supervising the children?

I also wonder if the Honorable R. Mitchell Prugh remembers a letter written to him as part of a motion filed by a desperate mother on 11/1/2005, one month to the day BEFORE he awarded custody to Ronald Cummings?

I wonder if he remembers the chilling, prophetic words it contained?

“.....before something bad happens to one of them.....”

I wonder how well his Honor sleeps at night?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RDtrTwvY0Y
:goodpost:

I never noticed that RC's "Aunt" helped watch the children. Would this have been Katrina?

:goodpost:

I never noticed that RC's "Aunt" helped watch the children. Would this have been Katrina?

I suspect Katrina was the aunt he was referring to that would help watch the children.... I also recall Misty telling her father that Ron C didn't even take care of Jr after Haleigh was reported as being abducted. Katrina took care of him most of the time..

JMHO

Flossie, thanks for posting these links. I was just noticing the dates on them:
1-1-10...1 yr and 3 mo ago
2-9-11...only 2 mo. ago
4-19-10...1 yr ago in 1 mo, and 4 days
2-9 10...1 yr and 2 mo ago

I know LE isn't saying much...wish they would tell us more. These are old articles except 1. It's hard for me to think they are still sticking to the same ideas from so long ago. JMO

Welcome :) I wish they'd tell us more too :( however imo they don't keep HaLeigh's family informed, so the public is last on their list

JMO, but I think Ronald had been downing a bit of "liquid courage" just prior to the bended knee and proposal. The Chilis' bar bill was probably mind boggling, but he may have talked them into giving him a free dinner with drinks.:twocents:
I know I'm in the minority on this one, from every angle, and it's pure objective reasoning, but I can't help it...lol, I think he wanted to marry Misty. I don't have any idea why, maybe a mixture of reasons. He took her back after the WBG thing, she went to her mom's but went back to him after Haleigh was missing, (now that was strange), maybe partly to avoid statutory charges, maybe 1 of them was covering for the other...maybe it's because of the immaturity Tim Miller talked about, IDK, but IMO, Ron wouldn't have married her if he really didn't want to. He had a child missing, so the statutory thing seemed to be the least of his worries. Her parents knew where she was, but didn't seem to mind until later...of course. What would've made Ron look better than marrying her, would've been him kicking her to the curb. Now there's an action that would've garnered some support, but no, he went against public perception and married the girl. I still don't get it, except I think even though he said he was keeping his enemies close, that was the farthest thing from the truth. MOO.

The pastor can honestly say that he was told that Ron worked eight hours. Although Ron is claiming to not only have worked eight hours but worked overtime.................imagine that. I do not believe that Ron stayed at work the whole time. I believe that he put in an appearance and then left as soon as he reached the back forty. The area where he was working was very isolated and he was out of sight of the other workers. I'm very aware of how plant sites are laid out. I've worked at industrial plants all my life. If Ron was reportedly working at the barge unloading dock at the river he was most likely moving material to a laydown yard with a forklift or unloading the barge with a picker (a small crane). There would be no security cameras in this area. He could easily walk around to the back parking lot which is out of sight of the guardhouse and leave without anyone seeing him do so. I seriously doubt if he worked even close to eight hours. The video cameras are set up at the entrance near the guardhouse and at the timeclocks. It has been reported that Ron would take Haleigh and Jr. to work and leave them in the car while he was at work. I seriously doubt if he clocked out and back in several times during the shift to check on them. This would have shown up on the timecard and would have been seen by management. IMO he had another route to his car in the parking lot that did not necessitate having to clock out and then back in.

BBM
JMHO, if it was so easy for Ron to ditch out of work, LE would have been able to make that determination as well.

Also, even if Ron worked in a place and position where he clocked in and then was not seen or expected to be seen for the entire 8 hour shift, including breaks, there is still the matter of if Ron left shortly after clocking in, I guess no one noticed none of his work got done that night. Obviously if he wasn't there, he didn't get the barge unloaded or much if any material moved. Do you think PCLE is so incompetent or corrupt this just slid right by them? I also have to wonder how this company stays in business, especially in this economy, where they would seem to have no problem paying someone for doing little to nothing at their job.

I know I'm in the minority on this one, from every angle, and it's pure objective reasoning, but I can't help it...lol, I think he wanted to marry Misty. I don't have any idea why, maybe a mixture of reasons. He took her back after the WBG thing, she went to her mom's but went back to him after Haleigh was missing, (now that was strange), maybe partly to avoid statutory charges, maybe 1 of them was covering for the other...maybe it's because of the immaturity Tim Miller talked about, IDK, but IMO, Ron wouldn't have married her if he really didn't want to. He had a child missing, so the statutory thing seemed to be the least of his worries. Her parents knew where she was, but didn't seem to mind until later...of course. What would've made Ron look better than marrying her, would've been him kicking her to the curb. Now there's an action that would've garnered some support, but no, he went against public perception and married the girl. I still don't get it, except I think even though he said he was keeping his enemies close, that was the farthest thing from the truth. MOO.

Dodie, I totally and completely agree with you. I don't know why either, but then again, the world is not filled with nothing but mentally and emotionally stable, sane, and healthy people.

IMO, there are so many screwed up relationships out there, the one between Ron and Misty is anything but unique. It seems like it is usually women staying with men who have done terrible things, but it works in reverse as well. For example, look at all the death row groupies. Makes no sense to me, but my opinion on it has no effect to how many women and men seem to be obsessed with convicted killers. Oh, well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheeseghost22