George Anthony Reported Missing *UPDATE FOUND*#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would need to know what and how much over how long a period of time before I came to the conclusion if this was indeed a serious suicide attempt or a play for sympathy, benefitting of course all of the A's. When I first heard the reports, I believed an honest to God suicide attempt, but now I am getting hinky about the entire story.

Lex - I totally agree with you. Just from the reports I read on Wesh I believe, I read that he was missing since early thursday and found with pizza, beer, bloodpressure meds and so on. ALONG with an 8 page letter in regards to how much better cindy can do without him, and so on..........

Sorry if I sound mean, but years ago a friend of mine comitted suicide and he told me he would I didnt believe him, then hours later i was notified, that the neighbors heard shots and he was dead, found with an empty bottle of vodka and shot. My point he did not wait.
I just think it's a little ...... ahhh whats the word... I'm gonna go with odd!

I know! I'm getting that hinky feeling again...

I know, I"m unable to fall into a deep compassion mode. The history of the family is too well know (although not completely known - only the A's know the complete history).

Master of Manipulation? Sulker? Hide under the desk? Shurk responsibility? All these concepts come to mind. Last act, "leave them in the dust". I'm not buying it.

Mellow yellow. Misguided. Untruthful. Fawning meekness. Elusive.

I will say it again and I already posted this up-thread ... I watched the LIVE WESH news at noon on their website. The lady reporting in front of the hospital stated it. That's all I can tell you until they post it (if they do) on the website. Now whether it's true or not I do not have a clue but she did say it.
I was repeating what I heard which is a big mistake around here unless you can back it up ... I can not back up a LIVE report with a link because it was LIVE.

Even if GA said that he believes KC did not harm her daughter (as stated by other news stations and posted in this thread) it would basically be the same thing. He would believe KC is innocent ... why else blame her friends??

This case has turned into a 3-Ring circus and is full of rumors etc. Everyone jumps the gun and points fingers at each other and I am noticing today that is happening here on WS ... hence the reason JBean has posted several warnings in this thread.

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/18546075/detail.html

Investigators said the eight-page note indicated George Anthony was at the end of his rope, and that once he was gone, his family would have a better life. He wrote about how strong his daughter, Casey Anthony, is and said he doesn't believe she hurt her daughter, Caylee. However, he did make dark, veiled references to his daughter's friends.

Yeah I have read that but that was not what I was talking about. What I saw and heard was a live newscast.

It's to the point of who do you believe ... WESH, FOX news (local), CNN, MSNBC, FOX (national) or any of the other channels reporting on this case. Everyone reports it differently. Several stations say it was a 5 page note while others say 8.

Wouldn't it be nice if mental illness, including but not limited to depression, came in a tidy little package that we would know just what to do with! Yes, there are certain criterias to meet in order to be diagnosed, however it does not tell you that you will not be hungry, nor tell you to get out of a no-win situation...if it did we would have alot less psychs, and pharmacies would be declaring bankruptcy! :crazy:

I just saw this on Fox...wow, I am completely shocked....I just always thought he was the more stable one in the family. I'm thankful he didn't go thru with this, but maybe it will shake up the family enough to make them realize the truth of what is happening to them all. I can't imagine Cindy losing her husband too, after losing Caylee and KC.

I do thiink GA knows alot more than he is saying and that's why he can't live with himself, or else he helped KC is some way and the guilt is just too much...course just my opinion on that.

I do hope Jose does tell KC what happened, to see what effect this has on her, if any at all.

I guess there's no end to the drama in this case.

Post cut back, hope that's ok....

Not directed at you DeeMarie, I see many people saying this today and cannot understand how a grown man who chooses to remain in a toxic situation becomes a victim. He did choose to remain married and even went back after leaving the house. He allowed these women to control him. Cindy supposedly decided to stay with him because she didnt want to lose the things she worked for but he still could have cut his losses and walked. I do hope he gets the help he needs to recover from the death of his grandbaby and the loss of his daughter as he thought he knew her. I do have trouble though feeling sympathy for remaining in a situation that eventually got to this point. They have all had choices to make and it's sad to see the destruction of this entire family, which supports each other at every turn. I have walked from a situation that was toxic myself and had to completely rebuild my life with nothing but a suitcase of clothing. As hard as it is, it is easier than living the nightmare of being in such a situation. I have never blamed the other person but felt that it is my own doing or undoing, the things I am willing to put up with or participate in. I really hope for the sake of this entire family that help is made availible and accepted.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I totally agree about George not being a victim in the family dynamic. I feel for him that Casey has done what she has done. And I like everyone else am jaded by my own personal life experiences but George is an adult, on his second marriage (ie not 18 and being kicked in the gut by an inability to weigh his adult decisions).

He chose Cindy and she chose him for a reason. They fit each others dysfunction. And if he truly is the more emotionally healthy of the two parents than in my opinion he has more of a duty to intervene YEARS ago in the dysfunction that defines this family. Not facilitate it, not be part of it, not rage about it and accomplish nothing. That is just a temper tantrum.

Everyone here is completely on the why didn't Cindy do something sooner, why didn't she take Caylee, why didn't she shake some sense into Casey when she was younger. What about George? Why didn't George take custody of Casey and Lee? Why didn't he protect them from her if she had no boundaries and was raising them to be liars and much worse? Where was George when virgin-mother-Casey was 7 plus months pregnant, apparantly getting no prenatal care and his wife had her head in the sand?

Where was the man of the family when Cindy said that is the pizza we smell in the trunk? Where was the man of the family that says "no honey, it is not the pizza, something is horribly wrong here. We need help, we need to find Caylee, we need to see that she is okay, and clearly our daughter has gotten herself into something really horrible". Nope, that is not his role in this family. He jumps right into the fray and encourages Cindy, yes honey it is the pizza. Path of least resistance.

My personal opinion is that kids raised in families like this are victims, and the ones that can pull it together need a few years of adulthood to get themselves straightened out. But I am very leary of the man of the family who is seen as a loving soul tortured and tolerating of his wife. BS. Just like a woman who stands by and lets her husband abuse and degrade the kids they are equally if not more responsible for not doing anything. They shouldn't be sainted. Rant over.

Posted by litany: "I have walked from a situation that was toxic myself and had to completely rebuild my life with nothing but a suitcase of clothing."

Yes, yes. Many of us here probably have had to make the decision whether to stay in a relationship or get out (and be poor - for a while at least) in order to save our own sanity. George is an example of what can happen when you stay.

George's current mental condition (listed on the police intake form as "not stable") didn't happen overnight and won't go away overnight either. I hope the doctors who treat him keep him where he is for a while, and I hope he agrees to be kept there.

The intake report also stated that he left the house Thursday morning to go to a job interview. So George was wanting to go back to work. (IF he went to the interview, that is.) That would probably be good for him and Cindy both.

No matter what happens to Casey, George and Cindy have a life to live - eeither together or apart, if necessary. And is there not another grandchild on the way? That is surely something to look forward to for both of them. Not that any lost child can ever be replaced, but I know I saw an interview with Laci Peterson's mom, Sharon Rocha, and she expressed the joy she gets from her grandchild by Laci's brother, born after the death of Laci and Conor.

For those on this board who say if someone wants to kill themself, they just do it, statistics do not bear that out. Many who committ suicide have had prior attempts, sometimes numerous attempts. Suicide and suicidal ideation are signs of deep depression. Hopefully, now that George is hospitalized, his depression will be dealt with.

Listen up--:) In an effort to relay here what I was learning from Tim moment by moment when GA was first found in the wee hours of the morning, I reported that he was being "resuscitated."

Today, for reasons of my own, I have a hunch that may translate into John Allen or someone else, bursting into the room, pouncing on him and starting CPR unnecessarily. LOL You cannot believe how loved GA is by JA, MN, and TM or how panicked they were last night when he went missing.

Someone here reported that George had an IV bag when he got into the squad car to leave, but I haven't seen it. For my part, I should have double checked today about the "resuscitation" but frankly I was up all night, trying to keep you posted and the rumors at bay. I was panicked, too, because I've met George.

In any case, I'm not at my best today and I'm behind on my work. I apologize for failing in my duty to you and WS to be always correct.

Friday, You owe absolutely no apology! Your comments have added to my interest in joining WS ... they're ALWAYS informative, unbiased, and wonderfully educated statements! JWG, Bond, SeriouslySearching, HouseMouse (as well as numerous others), have only shown there are actually people out there that give a damn! I was beginning to think I belonged to a dying breed, that belonged to a group of select individuals that actually try to make a difference in this world. No matter the differing opinions of the numerous posters on this board, the main focus has always been about Caylee. You're a very busy woman, have deadlines to meet, etc - you stayed up to keep the public in the "loop". I personally believe that shows genuine concern. I still have some unanswered questions in the back of my head, but there's a poor man in the hospital right now that needs everyone's prayers instead of skepticism. GODspeed on his mental recovery.

MSNBC is also covering this story - up next an interview with the sheriff.

I know, I"m unable to fall into a deep compassion mode. The history of the family is too well know (although not completely known - only the A's know the complete history).

Master of Manipulation? Sulker? Hide under the desk? Shurk responsibility? All these concepts come to mind. Last act, "leave them in the dust". I'm not buying it.

Mellow yellow. Misguided. Untruthful. Fawning meekness. Elusive.
Those were my exact words, too. I'm not buying it.

With all due respect, it seems rather hypocritical to be taking that stance when you posted play by play details of what was happening early this morning.

I despise hypocrisy, so help me understand what I did wrong. Seriously.

This thread was open at around 2 AM, before I posted my first message, and speculation was rampant here over the police cars, helicopter, and general chaos at the Anthony house. Rumors were spreading that George had killed himself. I'd known for an hour, that George had been feared missing and why--and I'd also just found out that George was safe and alive.

In your opinion, should I have simply rolled my eyes in disdain at how uninformed you and WS's were at that time? Should I have silently celebrated my insider knowledge and relished the fact that everyone else here was needlessly frightened and groping in the dark for answers I already had?

If that's the true, then why am I here at Websleuths? And just as importantly, why are you here? I ask you this with the utmost respect and a real desire to know what it is you expect of me, and of all of us. And how I failed you in these expectations.

Warmest regards--

Posted by litany: "I have walked from a situation that was toxic myself and had to completely rebuild my life with nothing but a suitcase of clothing."

Yes, yes. Many of us here probably have had to make the decision whether to stay in a relationship or get out (and be poor - for a while at least) in order to save our own sanity. George is an example of what can happen when you stay.

George's current mental condition (listed on the police intake form as "not stable") didn't happen overnight and won't go away overnight either. I hope the doctors who treat him keep him where he is for a while, and I hope he agrees to be kept there.

The intake report also stated that he left the house Thursday morning to go to a job interview. So George was wanting to go back to work. (IF he went to the interview, that is.) That would probably be good for him and Cindy both.

No matter what happens to Casey, George and Cindy have a life to live - eeither together or apart, if necessary. And is there not another grandchild on the way? That is surely something to look forward to for both of them. Not that any lost child can ever be replaced, but I know I saw an interview with Laci Peterson's mom, Sharon Rocha, and she expressed the joy she gets from her grandchild by Laci's brother, born after the death of Laci and Conor.

For those on this board who say if someone wants to kill themself, they just do it, statistics do not bear that out. Many who committ suicide have had prior attempts, sometimes numerous attempts. Suicide and suicidal ideation are signs of deep depression. Hopefully, now that George is hospitalized, his depression will be dealt with.

I am surprised by the number of posts that say there are no warning signs and no threats. There is a big difference between the hysterical/look at me/i want some attention of people who say it at the drop of a dime or in the middle of fight and then move on back to life as normal ten minutes later. I agree, those aren't going to commit suicide.

But someone who is talking about how the world would be better without them, suddenly interested in the topic of death etc.... they very well maybe serious even though they are talking about it. Many do leave notes or make calls. Not with the intent of someone kicking in the door but to say goodbye.

There are also the silent out of the blue ones that don't say anything because they are cognizant enough to know it might bring unwanted interference or emotional pleas they don't want. They are hard to prevent.

oh wow. that incident report really got to me. :(

george was headed to a job interview that morning. i just picture him buttoning up his dress shirt, nervously checking himself in the mirror one last time, etc., before heading out the door.... trying so very hard to 'get on with life,' even though he knows that will never truly be possible. little details like that, little things that remind us he is human just break my heart.

despite everything, everything that has happened over the last six months, despite all the mistakes george has made, he is still a poor, grieving man trying to make sense of this all, trying to restore order to life, heading to a job interview while the rest of the world is reading these horrific details from the latest doc dump. my heart truly goes out to him. whether there was some degree of attention-getting involved, or anything else, this was such a cry for help... and so very, very sad.

Okay...so I flop flop back and forth.....I didn't know he had a job interview. He seems like a good guy. Now I feel bad......

This thread was open at around 2 AM, before I posted my first message, and speculation was rampant here over the police cars, helicopter, and general chaos at the Anthony house. Rumors were spreading that George had killed himself. I'd known for an hour, that George had been feared missing and why--and I'd also just found out that George was safe and alive.

In your opinion, should I have simply rolled my eyes in disdain at how uninformed you and WS's were at that time? Should I have silently celebrated my insider knowledge and relished the fact that everyone else here was needlessly frightened and groping in the dark for answers I already had?

If that's the true, then why am I here at Websleuths? And just as importantly, why are you here? I ask you this with the utmost respect and a real desire to know what it is you expect of me, and of all of us. And how I failed you in these expectations.

Warmest regards--

:clap: You have done nothing wrong. 'Nuff said. :clap:

Sgt. John Allen does not yet have possession of GA's notes but is planning on getting them, according to Carlos Padilla on MSNBC.

Per cfnews13.com...

"2:20 p.m.
Deputy Carlos Padilla will meet with media outside the Orange County Sheriff's Office at 3:15 p.m."

For a while, there was a 'Breaking News' banner with a link on WFTV, but it never came on, and the link disappeared. I also haven't seen anyone talking about it.

Was that presser canceled or did I just miss it? Anything interesting come out of that?

Warmest regards--

Friday,

I rarely post, but I just wanted to tell you that for what it's worth I understand why you came and updated....rather gave the people here at WS's some answers. For those of us that have been following this case so closely and lost our hearts inside it, hearing that GA might have killed himself was heartbreaking. You were reading all of the assumptions and because you have a heart for your friends here, you posted what you knew to be facts. And they were exactly that...the facts as you knew them to be. Don't fret, and keep up the great work.

Please stop this. Most posters here have fallen in love with Caylee and want to see justice done. NO ONE here has ever wished ill health or death on George or any A. Wanting justice for Caylee does not equate to what you are accusing us of...please stop....I find it very offensive.

Thank you, Bunny!!

This situation is awful enough without comments like that! :furious:

Listen up--:) In an effort to relay here what I was learning from Tim moment by moment when GA was first found in the wee hours of the morning, I reported that he was being "resuscitated."

Today, for reasons of my own, I have a hunch that may translate into John Allen or someone else, bursting into the room, pouncing on him and starting CPR unnecessarily. LOL You cannot believe how loved GA is by JA, MN, and TM or how panicked they were last night when he went missing.

Someone here reported that George had an IV bag when he got into the squad car to leave, but I haven't seen it. For my part, I should have double checked today about the "resuscitation" but frankly I was up all night, trying to keep you posted and the rumors at bay. I was panicked, too, because I've met George.

I think those of us who were on last night/ I guess it was this morning were happy to hear a status report from you, and the fact that it was coming via Tim M was reassuring. Thanks for keeping us informed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela