George Floyd death / Derek Chauvin trial - Sidebar week 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Derek Chauvin Knew George Floyd 'Pretty Well' and Was 'Afraid' of Black People, Nightclub Coworkers Say

Last month, Maya Santamaria, the owner of the since burned down club, first revealed that Chauvin and Floyd had worked together.
She said that Chauvin had worked on and off for 17 years as an off-duty officer at the club, while Floyd had been employed as security inside the venue for around a year.

"When there was an altercation he always resorted to pulling out his mace pepper spray everybody right away even though I felt it was unwarranted," she said.

Speaking to CBS, Santamaria also said she believed that Chauvin was "afraid and intimidated" by black people.

Seems a bit strange to me that the owner of the club hired Chauvin over an extended period of time given his stated behavior. She must have condoned it. JMO

Derek Chauvin knew George Floyd "pretty well" and was "afraid" of black people, nightclub coworkers say

Last edited:
Is the judge allowing any of these in?

These are the incidents that State wanted to bring into trial. Reference post #279 here:

George Floyd death / Derek Chauvin trial - Sidebar

Judge ruled that 2 out of 8 prior incidents with Chauvin would be coming in as "he knew better" for #3 & modus operandi evidence for #5:

Incident No. 3 — Aug. 22, 2015: On August 22, 2015, Defendant Chauvin participated with other officers in rendering aid to a suicidal, intoxicated & mentally-disturbed male. Chauvin observed other officers physically struggle with the male & one officer used a Taser on the male, to little avail. Eventually, the officers were able to put the male on the ground & place handcuffs on him. Chauvin & the other officers then immediately put the male in the side-recovery position, consistent with training. Chauvin rode with the male to the hospital for medical care. Officers involved in the response received a recommendation for an award for their appropriate efforts & received feedback from medical professionals that, if officers had prolonged their detention of the male or failed to transport the male to the hospital in a timely manner, the male could have died.

Incident No. 5 — June 25, 2017: On June 25, 2017, Defendant Chauvin went to place a female under arrest in her home. As the female walked by, Chauvin grabbed one of her arms & told her she was under arrest. The female tried to pull away & Chauvin applied a handcuff to one wrist. As the female tried to twist away, Chauvin pulled her down to the ground in the prone position & kneeled on her body to pin her to the ground. After being handcuffed, the female refused to stand, so Chauvin carried her out of the house in a prone position & set her face down on the sidewalk. Even though the female was not physically resisting in any way, Chauvin kneeled on her body, using his body weight to pin her to the ground while another officer moved the squad car closer. Chauvin then directed the other officer to apply a Hobble restraint to the female even though she was not providing any physical resistance. Chauvin’s conduct in kneeling on the female during this entire time was more force than was reasonably necessary under the circumstances.

Is the judge allowing any of these in?
He is allowing #3
The State’s motion to admit as Rule 404(b)/Spreigl evidence at trial in State v. Chauvin the eight separate incidents as summarized above is GRANTED IN PART AND DENIED IN PART
The State may introduce evidence of the Aug. 22, 2015 incident, MPD CCN 2015-317385, (provided the State presents clear and convincing evidence that Chauvin was present when a medical professional made the remarks summarized in the State’s offer of proof) and of the June 25, 2017 incident, MPD CCN 2017-235836.
The State’s motion to admit the other six incidents involving Chauvin as summarized above is DENIED.
STATE OF MINNESOTA (mncourts.gov)

It must have been a slow day in that precinct as it is common knowledge calling 911 in Minneapolis you often never get someone sent out.

I certainly have no knowledge of how police respond there since I'm not a resident.

But no, I respectfully disagree it was just a slow day, and that's the only reason they have responded to calls from stores who have been given counterfiet money. The police came because they were called for assistance. Period.

In some area passing counterfiet money has become a problem. Once arriving they would contact the fraud unit detectives to come out to thoroughly investigate the case further so the investigation goes beyond just the initial call to come out.

Imo, It's not a frivolous call like their cat is up a tree, etc.

Are you saying the day the police were called to the store about the passing of a counterfiet bill it was a slow day, and that's the only reason they responded? Tia!

I don't know the crime rate there or how active police officers are when responding to 911 calls or how many they respond to in one day, but it must be a safe city if you say they only respond to these type of calls because it was a slow day for all of the police on duty that day.

Jmho

I've pondered that myself.

But a crime is a crime, and the store had a right to call 911.

People have called 911 for even silly things, and once 911 was called the police did come out.

Passing a conterfiet bill can also lead to finding more counterfiet bills.

I asked a police officer if he would come to a store who had received a counterfeit bill if 911 was called for his assistance? He said. Absolutely, he's answered calls before when someone was passing counterfeit money. He said the detectives would be called in to investigate where the counterfeit money came from, and who was behind passing them around, and who was the mastermind behind it who was printing them.

So I don't fault them for calling the police.

So I don't fault the store for calling or the police for showing up when called.

What I do have fault with is what the police did after they got George on the ground while already handcuffed.

Jmho

Have you ever watched that program "Outrageous 911?"-- OMG people call for the most ridiculous reasons you can imagine, but more outrageous than that is the police actually go out on the call! For example, some woman was upset because her pancakes were not cooked properly ( seriously she did call 911- they played the actual call) She was extremely angry and the police actually went out to that scene. It is absurd that the cops actually go out on calls like that, don't you think? Perhaps they wanted to make sure she didn't get so angry she would shoot somebody LOL

Maybe that's because so many people call for non-emergencies. Passing a fake bill, dancing around and acting weird is hardly an emergency.

Calling first-responders for a man obviously hopped up on drugs and involved in the illegal act of fake monetary transactions is definitely warranting of first-responders, IMO. Whose to say for certain this situation could not escalate drastically even without LE?

I certainly have no knowledge of how police respond there since I'm not a resident.

But no, I respectfully disagree it was just a slow day, and that's the only reason they have responded to calls from stores who have been given counterfiet money. The police came because they were called for assistance. Period.

In some area passing counterfiet money has become a problem. Once arriving they would contact the fraud unit detectives to come out to thoroughly investigate the case further so the investigation goes beyond just the initial call to come out.

Imo, It's not a frivolous call like their cat is up a tree, etc.

Are you saying the day the police were called to the store about the passing of a counterfiet bill it was a slow day, and that's the only reason they responded? Tia!

I don't know the crime rate there or how active police officers are when responding to 911 calls or how many they respond to in one day, but it must be a safe city if you say they only respond to these type of calls because it was a slow day for all of the police on duty that day.

Jmho
I think you are over reacting to my comment...actually given it was a holiday they may well have been busy....but if you lived in Minneapolis you would understand that yes we have a 911 call dispatch problem here. The response time is often very poor in certain areas of the city. That is a fact and one can research if interested. No Minneapolis is no longer a safe city...in fact comparisons with Detroit are common and the area where this went down has been having problems for long before Floyd. I deduced it might have been a slow time in the day because Chauvin and Thao were headed there as back up and then call canceled....they went anyway at the insistence of Thao...had there been another more serious call they would have gone there not to 38th and Chicago.
I hope I have explained myself. I think a counterfeit bill at Cup would not be the highest priority call but don't know the dispatch protocol.

Derek Chauvin Knew George Floyd 'Pretty Well' and Was 'Afraid' of Black People, Nightclub Coworkers Say

Last month, Maya Santamaria, the owner of the since burned down club, first revealed that Chauvin and Floyd had worked together.

Seems a bit strange to me that the owner of the club hired Chauvin over an extended period of time given his stated behavior. She must have condoned it. JMO

Derek Chauvin knew George Floyd "pretty well" and was "afraid" of black people, nightclub coworkers say

Yes, just above your post there were many discussing how this article was retracted.

I was replying to @MsBetsy who recalled another employee initially saying Chauvin and Floyd had a “beef” with each other at the nightclub. That turned out to be a case of mistaken identity regarding the conflict. It wasn’t Floyd and the employee cleared up the mistake with the media right away. But yes, both Chauvin and Floyd worked there. Sorry for any confusion. :)

FIRST DRAFT (Incomplete) TIMELINE FOR WS COMMENT AND FEEDBACK AND CORRECTIONS
Version 1-040421

19:37:XX Day 3 testimony video surv from store showing GF in store

19:55:XX Day 3 testimony on screen showing store surv where cashier walks out to confront GF with coworker

19:57:XX Day 3 testimony showing cashier returns to talk to manager

20:02:13 CT031779 – [e.d. CT031779 = 911 Call Taker] OTS on 38 St- Rptg that there is a male provided counterfeit bill to the business – susp is bm/600+ [e.d.This info goes to screen of dispatcher]

20:03:46 CT031779 -enters – Sitting on top of a blu mercedes ML320 SUV LIC/BRJ026. (Clear to 2419 Ilion Av N) Also appears this person is under the influence
24:04:02 CT031779 - No screening questions asked [e.d. we learned in testimony no COVID questions]

20:07:58 Day 3 testimony by Lt. Rugel - Lane turns on body camera prior to arrival Exhibit 47 video

20:08:xx to 20:14:42 Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel Lane body camera showing arrival of Lane & Keung going into store, then to GF car [Lane body cam exhibits 42, 214,]

20:08:22 Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel showing Exhibit 43 Keung body camera, initiation of Keung body camera

20:08:30 Day 3 testimony by Lt. Rugel – Lane bodycam shows entering CUP Food

20:09:35 Day 3 testimony by Lt. Rugel – Body cam shows GF contfronted at car, curse words etc.

20:09:45 123096 - [e.d. 123096 = dispatcher] (Query) 320, NCIC Plate Check: BRJ026,MN,2020 [e.d. NCIC plate query of Lane&Keung who are in patrol car #320]

20:10:08 123096 - Backed up 320 with 330 [e.d. 330 = Chauvin/Tao patrol car #]

20:10:21 123096 - Backed up 330 with 830 [ e.d. 830 = Park Police car #]
20:11:02 – 123096 - 320 Taking one out [Officers have removed him from car] Return LIC/BRJ026 [e.d. the rest is redacted with owners name on exhibit]…..

20:11:27 – 123096 – [e.d. redacted] ….. Iilion Ave N Minneapolis Sport Utility Vehicle [e.d. This was sent to the field to make sure tag matched the car, and not stolen as learned in testimony]

20:11:30 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Chauvin body cam – Chauvin in route to scene with lights and sirens Exhibit #44

20:12:21 – 123096 – 320 c4 [e.d. this is when Lane & Keung called in saying they didn’t need further assistance… per google… Code 4 = No further assistance is needed, yet Tao and Chauvin continued or were already there as shown 34 seconds later. ?Was there overlap here? NEED TO FU as @turaj poster has info just posted as to Thao interview to help discrern later]

20:12:55 – 123096 – 830 OUT w/320

20:14:23 – 830 – [e.d. I cannot make out all the numbers. All numbers of TO & FROM one second off?]

20:16:08 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Keung body cam – Keung at side of patrol car telling GF to “take a seat”

20:17:15 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Chauvin body cam – Chauvin exits his patrol car whicn is behind the Park Police car.

20:17:08 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Thoa body cam – GF exclaims I’m claustrophobic, arrival of 61 y/o witness to scene [Thao body cam is x6039A5be]

20:17:26 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Keung body cam – Can hear 61 year old witness saying “you cannot win”, GF responds “I’m not trying to win”

20:17:30 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt. Rugel – Exhibit 47 Lane body camera – GF pushed into patrol car

20:17:57 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt. Rugel – Keung body cam – He pushes down GF into back seat floorwell. [e.d. is this how he hurt his mouth? After review of all body cams, I never see that he is banging his head into rear glass as testified by LE interviews MOO. Perhaps I missed and others can scour if interested]

20:18:24 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt. Rugel – Keung body cam – All 3 on right side of 320 patrol car pulling him out.

20:18:27 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt. Rugel – Chauvin body cam – This is when Chauvin body camera came off his uniform as they were taking GF out of car

20:19:00 – Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt. Rugel – Lane body cam – now GF pulled out of patrol car onto the ground

20:19:xx Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Lane bodycam shot of Lane and Keung at rear of patrol car on GF

20:19:16 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Thao body camera shows Chauvin knee down on GF neck

20:19:25 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Lane body camera [someone, Lane? Says I appreciate that]

20:19:37 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Keung body cam [e.d. PSA I marked this time due to many folks said that it looked like urine later on coming from GF. This timestamp clearly shows that that water was already there MOO from the AC condensor MOO I may have taken a screen shot and in my files, will look for later unless someone else wants to check and share]

20:19:40 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Keung body cam - ?? Hand signals between Keung and Chauvin? [e.d. Can’t make out but something is being non-verbally communicated MOO]

20:19:52 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Keung body cam – Keung has his hand out palm out towards Chauvin

20:19:56 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Lane body camera– [e.d. to me sounds like someone asking for a hobble]

20:20:xx Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Lane body camera – [e.d. to me sounds like Lane is calling into to dispatch, cannot make out what he is saying]

20:20:11 123096 – Multi-Agency POLICE Incident #20-140629

20:20:11 123096 – EMS CODE 2 for a mouth inj [e.d. Code 2= normal travel no lights/sirens]

20:20:15 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Thao body cam – Hobble taken out by Thao

20:20:22 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Keung body cam – Something is passes from Chauvin to Keung

20:20:26 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Lane body cam [ e.d. Shows rubber banded black ?? thrown to Lane ]

20:20:29 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Thao body cam – LE heard to say through body cam “ambulance on way” and “do you want to hobble”

20:20:30 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Keung body cam – Heard on feed “EMS is on the way”

20:20:32 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Lane body cam - Lane puts something that was passed to him and that is magnetic against metal in squad car [e.d. is this part of Chauvin’s body camera that we heard testimony is magnetic? That ½ can be inside shirt, and the magnet part outside of the shirt?]

20:20:36 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Lane body cam – Lane get passed item with a carabiner hook (e.d. this is the Hobble restraint MOO as seen in Thao’s body cam ]
20:21:00 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Lane body cam - Lane puts the item with a carabiner hook on it in the back of the squad car

20:21:09 Trial Day 3 screenshot of girl and cousin walking by and can hear sirens in background [e.d. we know from testinony that they walked by, older minor sent cousin into store and came back to scene]

20:21:14 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Thao body cam – LE heard to say “code 3”. [e.d. NOTE: There is not one person on the sidewalk at this time that I see on the body cam view, although shown and heard that the 61 y/o had been on scene.]

20:21:25 [in my notes I have “!!!” next to this time on Lane body cam exhibit, but I don’t recall why I did this, need to revisit MOO]

20:21:30 Trial Day 3 screenshot showing only 4 at the time on sidewalk (cashier, MMA guy, viral video girl and another I didn’t write in my notes)

20:21:35 123096 - 330 EMS CODE 3 [e.d. Code 3 = get here quick with lights and sirens]

20:21:39 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Thao body cam – Seen on sidewalk at this time are two people #1) White shirt/jeans girl on sidewalk 2) Grey shirt/blue pants on sidewalk. No one else

20:22:30 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Keung body cam – GF sounding very weak now when

speaking

20:22:47 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Thao body cam – 5 folks on sidewalk at this time #1 MMA guy #2 Cashier guy? #3 White shirt/blue jeans #4 Grey shirt/blue pants, #5 Line green shirt (little cousin just returning to scene from being in the store) #6 61 y/o man
20:22:49 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Keung body cam – one of LE says to GF “it takes a lot of oxygen”

20:23:07 Trial day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Keung body cam - GF clearly in severe distress, very weak in his speech and trying to speak and communicate MOO “ah ah ah they’re gonna kill me ah ah ah ah ah uh uh please please please ah ah” [e.d. I believe this is the beginning of Cheyne-Stokes respiration which preceeds/is at death]

20:23:30 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Thao body cam – Can here GF ah ah ah ah ah ah ah etc

20:23:50 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Lane body cam – Lane asks re roll him on side

20:23:54 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Keung body cam – LE voices heard to say “You want him on his side?” Another LE says “Just leave him where we got him” [e.d. I believe this is Lane and Chauvin speaking]

20:20:54 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Thao boday cam – Thao moves away from near GF

20:23:57 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Keung body cam – LE heard to say “I just worry about excited delirium or whatever” [e.d. I believe this was spoken by Lane]

20:23:57 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Keung body ca - Faint in background can be heard GF verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry weak “ah, ah, ah” [e.d. the sounds could be Cheyne-Stokes 2nd of breaths – 2 sets are commonly seen and this is the second MOO which happens when someone dies MOO]

20:24:17 Trial Day 3 testimony by Let Rugel – Keung body cam – I believe at this time last breath MOO

20:24:35 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Lane body cam – appears that Lane is now off of GF, and Lt Rugel testifies that “he is passed out, he is not a threat”

20:24:46 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Keung body cam – LE heard to say “I think he is passed out”

20:25:35 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Lane body cam – GH aka lady firefighter walks by in view

20:25:52 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Keung body cam shows checking of pulse [e.d. I believe by Keung? Needs verification.]

20:26:06 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Keung body cam – LE heard to say “I can’t get a pulse”

20:26:29 THIS TIME WAS DISCUSSED TRIAL DAY 2 WITH GH ON STAND AS “SHE DOESN’T BELEIVE THAT… WHAT IS THIS TIME?

20:26:46 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Keung body cam - LE states code 3, acknowledge that
20:27:00 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt. Rugel – Lane body cam – can hear sirens in background

20:27:21 123096 - Info for EMS, PD have male restrained ground [NOTE: On day 4 during ES/Ambo pluse taker said that “ note popped up“ as they arrived – I assume they are talking about the 20:27:21 note from dispactcher of “PD have male restrained on ground”?]

20:27:48 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Lane body cam – At this moment 1st EMS guy ES takes GF pulse

20:27:30 Cashier CM shown on Exhibit 33 on trial Day 3 during cashier CM testimony calling mom to not come down from apt above CUP Food

20:28:03 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Lane body cam – [e.d. I have in my notes that someone said “Do you think he’ll probably survive? I am not clear from notes if this was a question by the prosecutor, or was heard on body cam. This needs to be reviewed again by someone to know MOO]

20:28:05 Trial Day 3 testimony by Lt Rugel – Keung body cam – Stretcher noise heard as it’s being taken out of ambulance to GF
20:28:05 ***FROM TESTIMONY TIMESTAMP IN PHOTO DAY 3 AMBULANCE ARRIVES AT THE SCENE-SCREENSHOT FROM COURT FEED

20:28:36 00000052730 – E412 Req Fire CODE 3 [e.d. Ambulance asking for Fire EMS support - The EMS folks entered this information –

20:28:xx Day 4 testimony by ES Ambo guy – Testified found no pusle, told partner “I think he’s dead, lets get him out of here” and had to tell LE to get out of his way. He believes that his partner was the one who calld for Fire. Pupils were dilated [e.d. iirc, it was not asked/give that they were “fixed and dilated” MOO which I would have expected as a question/answer]

20:28:43 00000052730 - Multi-Agency FIRE Incident #20-0028197

20:30:21 Day 4 testimony by JN/Capt Fire Station #17 – They left fire station at this time

20:31:12 00000052730 – PER E412, EMS location is Park/36

20:31:18 Day 3 Exhibit 40&41 during CM testimony - CM (61 year old) approaches Chauvin in car and states he saw him also 5 days ago

20:31:33 Day 4 testimony of DP Sgt who received notice of phone call from lady firefighter GH re used of force. He then call Chuvin per testimony.

20:32:25 Day 4 testimony of DP Sgt – Exhibit #75 shows that he is calling Chauvin who is in patrol car and this timestamp is on Chauvin body cam. Chauvin is heard answering and states on bc “I was just gonna call you”. Per testimony, after that Chauvin body cam turned off prior to conversation as is ok with policy to do such with private conversations.
20:32:55 CT133238 - Duplicate call appended to incident at 20:32:55
20:33:02 123096 - VIA METCOM, EMS would like the MFD for pt condition at the reqd loc [e.d. per her testimony, this was because she didn't know what was going on so she asked her other agencies via METCOM radio.. she got info on radio and put into system]

20:32:49 Trial day 4 testimony by JN/Capt Fire Station #17 – They arrived on scene [e.d. he noted that fire has its own dispatch]
20:34:10 000033756 - ***FULL ARREST*** [e.d.EMS paramedics reporting into system saying he is in full cardiopulmonary arrest]
20:34:30 00000052730 – E412 working full arrest
20:35:13 123096 - MFD en route to park/36

20:36:07 F121621 – E17 Fire 2 min out to 36/Park

20:45:26 Day 4 testimony by JN/Capt Fire Station #17 – Exhibit #61 which is screen shot of JN’s phone ending a call that had an incoming call from Chauvin asking JN his ETA for the “force review”. JN said he was arriving on scene at the time. [e.d. didn’t note length of the call, Chauvin body cam was off at that time so unknown how long call lasted]
20:48:23 E412 - EMS transporting to HCMC
20:55:06 330 – Going to HCMC to check on the status of the AP

21:05:07 Day 4 Testimony by JN/Capt Fire Station #17. Exhibit 78 which is photo of Thao and Chauvin in Medical Center. Per testimony, this was first time Chauvin had mentioned knee on neck and restraint.

~21:35:xx – Day 5 testimony of JE/Sgt night taking over from Sgt DP, he arrives at the scene at CUP Food. Sgt DP had called him from hospital and to go to scene. [e.d. He states in testimony that he asks Keung and Lane to turn on body cams , not sure if he did at this time or at 21:50:17]

21:50:17 Per Day 5 testimony of JE, on body cam photo time stamp, he told Lane and King to get out of patrol car 320. [e.d. in Lanes testimony with BCA/FBI, he said that he viewed his body cam video in the car that night]

21:57:15 Day 5 testimony RZ -time screen cap -witness #19 who is critical incident/homicide investigator arrives on scene and screenshot supposedly shows Lane and Keung in street, not next to each other.

22:05:43 Day 5 testimony of JE – He approached a man named Charles in the street who would not give last name, First name as Charles. Was concerned about being arrested [e.d. Could this be 61 y/o Witness #11?]

22:06:49 Day 5 JE bodycam shows Lt. Zimmerman (critical incident investigator/witness #19 also on Day 5) on scene with Sgt. Dale ??

22:13:xx Day 5 testimony of RZ, stated on stand they he learned fro Sgt Dale approximately at this time he learned GF had died.[e.d. testimony followed that after this, had Lane and King taken in 2 separate cars to the courthouse. When 320 car was then secured, the car was still running NOTE: In the BCA/FBI interview of Lane, he said that he had viewed his body cam footage by pulling it up on his phone]

22:18:14 Day 5 testimony of RZ who is on phone asking for 2 more officers to search for video e.g. milestone cameras and more witnesses.

03:28:31 Day 5 testimony screen cap photo by JE showing squad car 320 being towed away.

03:34:xx Day 5 testimony screen cap by JE shows JE taking down crime tape.

Calling first-responders for a man obviously hopped up on drugs and involved in the illegal act of fake monetary transactions is definitely warranting of first-responders, IMO. Whose to say for certain this situation could not escalate drastically even without LE?
Well, the situation escalated only after police arrived at the scene, especially after Chauvin and Thao arrived. None of the officers even checked to see if the bill was fake. People with certain mental health issues behave erratically as well. The store clerk told the 911 dispatcher he thought he was drunk. He would have no idea whether or not he was taking drugs. If he had collapsed on the floor it would have required a 911 call. That would be a life threatening emergency.

The procedure when handed a fake bill is to keep it, initial it, and call the local Police Dept or the US Secret Service. The manager was wrong to send the kids out to handle the situation. They could have tried delaying him while he was in the store, but sending an employee out to the vehicle was not appropriate. Imo

Last edited:
Well, the situation escalated only after police arrived at the scene, especially after Chauvin and Thao arrived. None of the officers even checked to see if the bill was fake. People with certain mental health issues behave erratically as well. The store clerk told the 911 dispatcher he thought he was drunk. He would have no idea whether or not he was taking drugs. If he had collapsed on the floor it would have required a 911 call. That would be a life threatening emergency.

The procedure when handed a fake bill is to keep it, initial it, and call the local Police Dept or the US Secret Service. The manager was wrong to send the kids out to handle the situation. They could have tried delaying him while he was in the store, but sending an employee out to the vehicle was not appropriate. Imo
Really. That store owner needs to reconsider their policy of punishing their clerks for accepting counterfeit bills. I get that they want to discourage employees from accepting them from friends, but this just needlessly puts their workers in danger. Especially given the amazing video surveillance in the store.

Really. That store owner needs to reconsider their policy of punishing their clerks for accepting counterfeit bills. I get that they want to discourage employees from accepting them from friends, but this just needlessly puts their workers in danger. Especially given the amazing video surveillance in the store.
I think the owner said they did change their policy. He said they never had to collect money from any employee for accepting a bill, it was supposed to be more of a deterrent.

The whole article was retracted? Or just part of it?

Sorry, can't help you on that. You may want to try the wayback machine on google to see what parts were retracted as discussed above (It's at the top of this page, so not far back as you may find your answers there I believe.)

Drunk, illegal narcotics, etc.; it makes no difference, particularly when a individual using judgement, like the clerk, is 19 years old.

Anyone who has ever worked a customer service job in their life will tell you there is always a chance these situations can escalate — especially if you’ve had a negative experience with the party prior.

The weight CM has to live with over second guessing himself on confronting the phony money must be excruciating. He is a champion whose life was turned over on behalf of criminal acts.

Sorry, can't help you on that. You may want to try the wayback machine on google to see what parts were retracted as discussed above (It's at the top of this page, so not far back as you may find your answers there I believe.)
I'm going to say that the article was not retracted unless someone wish's to post a link showing that it was. JMO

I'm going to say that the article was not retracted unless someone wish's to post a link showing that it was. JMO

If you’re talking about the employee at the nightclub retracting his statement that Chauvin and Floyd had a disagreement, here’s the retraction. I see y0u are talking about an “article” not being retracted, but it was the employee’s story that was retracted. The article was updated, if that counts as a “retraction.”

Ignore this if I’ve lost the thread of the conversation. :)

Man who claimed George Floyd and Derek Chauvin "bumped heads" changes story - CBS News
Editor's Note: This story and headline have been updated to reflect a new account from David Pinney, who previously said he worked with George Floyd and Derek Chauvin.

A man who worked at the same club with George Floyd and Derek Chauvin – and previously told CBS News the two had "bumped heads" – changed his story Wednesday, saying he had mistaken Floyd for another unnamed African-American employee.

If you’re talking about the employee at the nightclub retracting his statement that Chauvin and Floyd had a disagreement, here’s the retraction. I see y0u are talking about an “article” not being retracted, but it was the employee’s story that was retracted. The article was updated, if that counts as a “retraction.”

Ignore this if I’ve lost the thread of the conversation. :)

Man who claimed George Floyd and Derek Chauvin "bumped heads" changes story - CBS News
Editor's Note: This story and headline have been updated to reflect a new account from David Pinney, who previously said he worked with George Floyd and Derek Chauvin.

A man who worked at the same club with George Floyd and Derek Chauvin – and previously told CBS News the two had "bumped heads" – changed his story Wednesday, saying he had mistaken Floyd for another unnamed African-American employee.
Thanks for the link.

My OP wasn't about that part of the article so my opinion of the clubs owner remains the same. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member