George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin Discussion Thread #10 Mon. July 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that's enough reason to carry a gun loaded and ready to fire!

IN MY OPINION

Who added the "IN MY OPINION"? I would think that I prefaced the statement with "I guess" would be a statement of opinion. Thanks

Just realized that editing this post would not bring it forward, so my question could be answered. Thanks.

No at the incident he was 170lbs or close to that iirc ... I have to go look again..

For his height, if that's not muscle (and the gym owner just testified that GZ was not "ripped") then, yeah, he was overweight. JMO. OMO. MOO.

the people i know in places like texas where it is legal the carry a concealed gun w/ out a permit, they all carry now, because as my cousin told me, you have to assume every one has a gun on them now and he carries it all the time for security - imo

Here in NJ, only the criminals have guns. The state has made it extremely difficult to get a license, forget about CC.

I am undecided on this case. I have some questions and I am not being snarky.
Why would you carry a gun to go grocery shopping?
Could GZ possibly put a hand on TM or attempted to grab his sweatshirt, subsequently arising in a fight? If so, who would be considered the aggressor?
How long after GZ NEN call did the police arrive?
If GZ did not have a gun, would this have been considered an "old fashioned butt whooping"? Would TM have been arrested?
Thank you for answering these questions. Please, no snark intended or welcomed. They are just questions I have.

My daughter carries a gun everywhere 24/7. Some years ago she was leaving a Houston Mall and as she was entering her car, a rough looking man came strolling toward her car. She locked the door but her window was down, and as he put his hands toward the window, something told her to press the button to get that window up immediately. She did that just as his hands were on the outside of the window. She said he gave her a very strange scary grin. She later learned the expressway by that mall was where the State released prisoners from the prison on parole. She only lived about two miles from there. About two weeks later, a neighbor in her apartment complex was washing clothes in the laundry room downstairs and was raped and brutally stabbed to death. It changed my daughter. She bought a gun, got a license to carry, and she is not anyone you would want to fool with.

Don't know the answers to your questions. Just thought I would share why some people feel so strongly about their right to carry a weapon of choice.

I live in a town of 650 people. There is literally no crime here and a ton of people still carry a weapon at all times. They just like to, I think, and it is their right.

-----------------

I feel kind of bad for GZ during this. The guy is making him sound like a Pillsbury Doughboy who could barely manage to roll himself about town.

*Still think Zimmerman is not guilty under Florida law.

*back to lurkdom.

MOO. IMO.
I just love this post! :) IMO

The day after the shooting, his physician noted he was " obese" in his medical chart.

IMHO

I wonder if they actually weighed him or took his word for it. He sure didn't look obese at the reenactment. :twocents:

If both of these individuals were fearful of each other and it appears so from the testimonies so far and the fight GZ claims started at the T of the sidewalk while GZ was trying to get to his car why would TM's body end up further down the walkway closer to his destination. It just appears if in the "flight mode" it's a possibility that TM just may have been trying to get away from GZ and get home.

This is very sad for both GZ and TM's family. jmo

260-280 pounds.

i thought it was between 195 and 200 at the time of the shooting??

Zimmerman's height is reportedly 5′7″ (1.70 m); and his weight is recorded as being 185 lb (84 kg) on his Seminole County Sheriff's Office Inmate Booking Information dated April 11, 2012, the date of his arrest.[54] Zimmerman's height is shown as 5′8″ (1.73 m); and his weight at 200 lb (91 kg) on the Sanford Police Department Offense Report for February 26, 2012, the night of the shooting.[62]

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin[/ame]

IMO: I think there are those who, much like the JAII people, will grasp at any straw - no matter how far fetched or lacking in fact, evidence, logic or reason - to support what they want to believe about GZ.

Yes, on BOTH sides of the fence :fence:

How long after the call GZ made did LE arrive? I heard 6-7 minutes by MOM, but I don't know if that is from beginning to end of the fight or from the call to NEN by GZ and when LE arrived. TIA. I really appreciate you all answering my questions.

I wonder if they actually weighed him or took his word for it. He sure didn't look obese at the reenactment. :twocents:

The scale is ridiculous really.. My very thin 2nd grader last year got a letter that he was borderline.. He weighed wore a slim size pant...

IT is a flawed way to measure but never the less he met the criteria for obese.. OMO

If both of these individuals were fearful of each other and it appears so from the testimonies so far and the fight GZ claims started at the T of the sidewalk while GZ was trying to get to his car why would TM's body end up further down the walkway closer to his destination. It just appears if in the "flight mode" it's a possibility that TM just may have been trying to get away from GZ and get home.

This is very sad for both GZ and TM's family. jmo

I personally don't think that walking up to a stranger in the dark and saying.. :" WHAT ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME FOR? is showing fear. I think it is showing confrontation.. OMO

didn't the nurse practitioner say something the effect that the bmi scale was subjective, and didn't take in mind that muscle weighs more than fat, and that she didn't think gm was obese??

I am undecided on this case. I have some questions and I am not being snarky.
Why would you carry a gun to go grocery shopping?
Could GZ possibly put a hand on TM or attempted to grab his sweatshirt, subsequently arising in a fight? If so, who would be considered the aggressor?
How long after GZ NEN call did the police arrive?
If GZ did not have a gun, would this have been considered an "old fashioned butt whooping"? Would TM have been arrested?
Thank you for answering these questions. Please, no snark intended or welcomed. They are just questions I have.

? 1. he was involved in neighboorhood watch. apparently there was enough crime for some to organize a watch program. if you are involved in such, you are interested in stopping crime and criminals. if you are interested in stopping criminals, you are likely to want a firearm at those times you are in an area that is known to be attractive to criminals.

2. yeah he could have possibly put his hand on TM..but we dont know. depending on what actually happened, either could have been the aggressor.

3. who knows what would have happened if he didnt have the gun. anything is possible. its illegal to beat someone up. its possible (even likely, imo) a cop might have arrested TM, based on GZ's wounds.

IIRC, the PA who examined GZ after the fight called him "obese." He may have looked more fit than he does now but IMO that's probably because he is now morbidly obese. JMO. OMO. MOO.

My younger sister has struggled with addiction and has been arrested many times and each time she was in jail awaiting her trial she would always put on weight. Once she even put on 60 lbs. She explained that while you are awaiting trial you are held in a county jail where you rarely if ever get outside or any kind of excercise. She was fed bologna sandwiches for each meal and so out of boredom or change she would get junk from the vending machine when she had money on her account. She never once saw a mirror our sunlight the whole six months she was there. Apparently, jail is much more restrictive than prison where they get excercise and sunlight etc.

I don't have any info about where GZ is being held or what his conditions are but I will be they are pretty much the same. IMO that is why he has gained so much weight.

How long after the call GZ made did LE arrive? I heard 6-7 minutes by MOM, but I don't know if that is from beginning to end of the fight or from the call to NEN by GZ and when LE arrived. TIA. I really appreciate you all answering my questions.

IIRC, it was six to seven minutes after the gun shot is heard on the 911 tapes. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Just realized that editing this post would not bring it forward, so my question could be answered. Thanks.

Isabell I did. We are getting so many alerts because many of you are forgetting to add "In My Opinion " to your post that is an opinion post.
"I guess" isn't the same.

I am getting real tired posters forgetting to add IMO to your posts. Please have the courtesy to do as we ask and save our overworked mods a bit of work.

Thank You,
Tricia Griffith
Co-Owner Websleuths.com

Don't know. I cannot fight, I own a gun that I do know how to use. I have never considered carrying it to the grocery store. There are many establishments with a sign on the door that prohibits weapons inside the store.

FYI those signs don't mean jack (except in places that the LAW forbids weapons such as court houses, bars, etc...).

If a store or mall puts up one of those signs and you break their little rules the most they can ask you to do is LEAVE. If you don't leave they could possibly have you charged with trespassing but they CANNOT have you arrested for violating their silly little made up rules.

At least that is the case in Georgia and IMO it is probably the case in other states too. They could also put a sign up saying "no chewing gum!" that doesn't mean you are breaking the law by chewing gum on their property.

I think that's what I remember as well. And, if I'm remembering correctly, it was from the beginning of GZs call to NEN. Where I live, that would be considered a pretty impressive response time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member