George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #11 Tues. July 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not proof that GZ confronted TM. Sorry.

According to you? I'm assuming the lead investigator is not lying, based on evidence nor GZ who he gathered this information from? He gave this information while Trayvon was still unidentified according to this document when they thought Trayvon was a unclaimed criminal in the neighborhood and GZ could use SYG. IMO

If the state could prove that GZ confronted TM they would have. What they said in opening is that they don't know. IMO they do. They know it was TM that confronted GZ from their own witness's testimony.

BBM I don't think the witnesses stated that TM started the fight; they saw the two scuffling. IIRC IMO

I've never been on a jury before. This is to anyone who has. Did you take into consideration the demeanor of the witnesses?

JMO

According to you? I'm assuming the lead investigator is not lying, based on evidence nor GZ who he gathered this information from? He gave this information while Trayvon was still unidentified according to this document when they thought Trayvon was a unclaimed criminal in the neighborhood and GZ could use SYG. IMO

No. According to Detective Gilbreath who testified at a pre-trial hearing that the State has no evidence of who started the altercation.

Is this the same lead investigator that got on the witness stand the other day and testified that he didn't find anything that GZ told him as not the truth (paraphrasing)?

I think they used the word "confront" to mean "came across", and RZ did, in fact, come across TM as he was driving his car to Target. Neither the prosecution nor the defense know who started the fight. Confront, in this report doesn't mean 'began a fight with', IMO.

BBM I don't think the witnesses stated that TM started the fight; they saw the two scuffling. IIRC IMO

BUT RJ says that TM went and spoke to GZ first.. Not the other way around. That puts TM as the one who started the "argument"

Respectfully, I have absolutely no problem with guns being legal...........I am from Texas so that should say something regarding my attitude toward the legality of guns. I only question the wisdom of carrying one down to the local Target. 99% of my friends have concealed carry permits but they don't tote them every time they step out of their houses. This all IMO.

When would they need their weapon if not outside the house. Surely not inside their home. I have several friends (female) and they carry their weapons inside their purse. jmo

<modsnip>
TM was no better or worse than ALOT of kids in this country and given the CHANCE they will realize their idiocy and become productive members of society. IMO His mother was a well educated, employed productive member of society and his brother is a junior in college, preparing to become a productive member of society..

<modsnip>

All IMO

Just as Trayvon had done some things people don't agree with, so did GZ. The difference is Trayvon was a kid, barely 17. Kids aren't perfect. Trayvon had aspirations of going to college and becoming an aviation mechanic. Trayvon's parents are well educated, bright, successful people! There is nothing to suggest that Trayvon's parents were/are bad parents. I don't think it's fair to say anything about their parenting skills.

GZ was an adult with many years of experience, LE classes, Law Classes, neighborhood watch protocol and MMA Style training. GZ had many brushes with the law. IMO -GZ made the bad choices that evening and should have listened to the dispatcher and followed the neighborhood watch rules.

I think GZ should be legally held accountable for his actions.

All MOO!

If you get in a fist fight the degree this one was described, your hands get beat up, bruised and sometimes broken.

While witnesses disagree over who threw the first punch, they say the fight began after Perez and Sanchez got in a heated argument over the final play. The two exchanged punches until the fight was broken up, according to witnesses.

Both coaches refused medical attention at the time. Perez suffered a bloody nose and swollen eye, while Sanchez had no immediate visible injuries, police said.

http://news.yahoo.com/2-nevada-youth-coaches-charged-post-game-fight-192715449--spt.html

No according to the Prosecution who said they could not prove who started it that night or who confronted who. But yet their witness states in court that TM was the one who questioned GZ not that GZ went up and questioned TM.

That is the start of the fight because according to RJ, After TM confronts GZ she hears them fighting... " rolling in the grass, grass sounds"

I agree and would like to add that the U.S. government estimates that 100 million citizens have used marijuana at least once. (See chart, numbers are in the thousands http://www.oas.samhsa.gov/NSDUH/2K8NSDUH/tabs/Sect1peTabs1to46.htm#Tab1.1A ) I haven't but I am sure Trayvon was in good company.

Everything I say here is IMO.

I think it's possible that bringing up TM's use of marijuana could backfire on the defense. Wonder how many of the jurors or their family members have used it without experiencing violent episodes? I've never used it, not that I haven't wanted to, but because I wasn't willing to put myself on the wrong side of the law. My motto is "never go around begging for trouble". If the jurors see the marijuana issue as a way to trash the victim, TM, I think it could hurt the defense.

I've never been on a jury before. This is to anyone who has. Did you take into consideration the demeanor of the witnesses?

JMO

Yes. It goes to credibility, which is the province of the jury. jmo

Just as Trayvon had done some things people don't agree with, so did GZ. The difference is Trayvon was a kid, barely 17. Kids aren't perfect. Trayvon had aspirations of going to college and becoming an aviation mechanic. Trayvon's parents are well educated, bright, successful people! There is nothing to suggest that Trayvon's parents were/are bad parents. I don't think it's fair to

GZ was an adult with many years of experience, LE classes, Law Classes, neighborhood watch protocol and MMA Style training. GZ had many brushes with the law. IMO -GZ made the bad choices that evening and should have listened to the dispatcher and followed the neighborhood watch rules.

I think GZ should be legally held accountable for his actions.

All MOO!

Likewise. I think people tend to forget that TM isn't on trial. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members