George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #11 Tues. July 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Herein lies the problem.. we do NOT know who assaulted whom first..

According to RJ, TM spoke to GZ first and confronted him. That goes along with what GZ said about TM speaking to him and then punching him in the face.

OMO

Question: Is the purpose of having Dr. DiMaio testify for the defense to discuss the forensics? If so, why is the State asking him about GZ injuries? I am not understanding this. TIA

<modsnip>
TM was no better or worse than ALOT of kids in this country and given the CHANCE they will realize their idiocy and become productive members of society. IMO His mother was a well educated, employed productive member of society and his brother is a junior in college, preparing to become a productive member of society..

<modsnip>

All IMO

Thank you for posting this. One of my twin sons was in trouble a lot in his teens. High school drop-out, trouble with gangs, smoking pot, etc... At 19 he worked his butt off and got his GED. He took fifteen college credit hours in order to enlist in the Navy. He became Assistant Manager at the fast food place he worked at. He is now an E-2 in the Navy, with his head squared away, and a bright future.

Please do not sell any child's future short, y'all, just because they are having trouble in the present or past. They CAN turn themselves around. Trayvon could have ended up turning things around and graduating with honors from college, could have been a teacher, a doctor, a respected and respectful member of society. We'll never know. And that's sad :(

IMO.

I think it's ironic that the state has to overcompensate for the state ME's own poor methods.

still not seeing the prosecution come close to erasing any reasonable doubt imo...is it true the state plans to rest tomorrow?

The state ended their CIC last week. Don't know if they will do any kind of rebuttal case.

JMO

I just hope this jury isn't like the CA jury.

I understand that alot of us think and believe different things, but can't we all do it without being snarky? And I think most of us are adults with common sense and know when things are imo, jmo. etc

"the witnesses are all over the place"~DiMaio

exactly, this is why this will come down to a forensics case, gz was clearly assaulted, and there's no evidence as to who started the confrontation. reasonable doubt. imo

Oh my gosh..

Can someone tell me this new witness name? My kids only seem interested in me when something important is said.. Thanks!

I was discussing this case with my dad last night (he is 64) and he commented that when he was a kid growing up in South Philadelphia in the 50's and 60's it was expected for an adult to question a kid who was out that late at night and what he was up to... It was even expected and the parents of that child appreciated it. Back in those days mothers and fathers would see a neighbor kid out past dark or acting shady and they would say "Get your butt home!" then maybe even call that kids parent. Nowadays you can't say anything to anyone without repercussion. IMO

What happened to respecting adults? IMO

I'm of the same age range as your dad, and I agree. Part of the problem of the rising crime rate and violence with teens is that too many parents no longer teach respect, nor do they make their kids take responsiblity for their actions. JMO

He was carrying one because he had a right to. He had a legal firearm and was carrying it legally. That is not in question and not part of the case.

I think that is part of the issue. That people have issues with gun laws and are applying that to the case but it is not part of this case.

IT was legal, He was legal.

This is just about whether or not he was justified to use self defense and save himself.

OMO

Respectfully, I have absolutely no problem with guns being legal...........I am from Texas so that should say something regarding my attitude toward the legality of guns. I only question the wisdom of carrying one down to the local Target. 99% of my friends have concealed carry permits but they don't tote them every time they step out of their houses. This all IMO.

He's been there a year and a half? This happened when he just got in his position! I wonder if it was his decision? IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie