George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #11 Tues. July 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I believe he had skittles. Skittles are candy, associated with the interests of little kids (cue the picture of 12 year old TM in the media) and then supposedly he was buying the skittles for his little brother. The idea was supposed to be "He was just a kid buying some candy." It made him sound sweet and innocent for obvious reasons imo.

We didn't see the tattoos, or hear about the drugs in his system, the jewel theft, the 10 day out of school suspension, the other things from his ridiculous past imo. We heard about skittles. imo.

Can you please link to a story about the "jewel theft" and that he was convicted of this? Also, I don't know if you heard his mother at the trial but the "tattoos" were of praying hands with his Grandmoms names and another with his Mom's name.. not too hardcore IMO considering what he could have gotten. he had minute amounts of THC in his system and if we took an honest poll, I'm sure 75% of the WS members would have had minute traces of THC in their system at 17. IMO

If GZ is so certain he has nothing to hide then he should take the stand and tell the truth to all of those questioning his truthfulness.

He has told the truth over and over. He told it in interviews and on video.

I truly understand that the prosecution is doing everything it can but this is just becoming a hole that needs to stop being dug. IMO

What this points out to me is, 'the state is supposed to be 'fact finders' with a main goal being *discovering the truth*. Not some sort of game playing to twist truths into something else IMO.

IMO if you want to make that argument, were Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom safe in 21st Century Knoxville, Tennessee?

Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom were not AA out in the rain on a dark night accosted by an AA with a gun. They were carjacked, tortured, raped and murdered. The murderers were all convicted, but because the judge in the case was taking illegal drugs and buying them from someone whom he had previously judged, the convictions were thrown out and new trials ordered. Their case has nothing whatever to do with the safety or lack thereof of a young black man in rural Georgia in the 50's, or also IMO a young black man in Sanford, Florida in February of 2012.

Happenstance?
GZ wasn't walking home
GZ wasn't walking a pet
GZ wasn't aimlessly driving around or walking around his neighborhood
GZ purposely followed, pursued, looked to investigate and confront
Facts based on 911 calls, his testimony, witnesses, autopsy report and LE

Please post a link to the evidence that shows GZ confronted TM. Oh. Right. There isn't any.

HE did not have to wait in the truck. There is no legal reason he had to wait anywhere. He did nothing illegal in his actions that night.

HE called NEN. He knows they are coming.. TM ventures from the safety of his house back out to look for GZ as per RJ, the state witness.

They met when TM confronted GZ. Not before that.

How does RJ's credibility play into what she said? IMO

Do any of the posters here believe that it is always wrong to kill, for any reason? I'm not suggesting that the pro-prosecution folks believe that, just asking if anyone here does. I saw a person-on-the-street interview where several folks stated just that. "Well, they'll just have to kill me, then."

I think some people would not fight back with enough lethal force if they thought they would kill someone. I think that is justifiable for their own personal well-being. The problem is expecting everyone else to adopt their standard for non-violence, especially when it is a legal right.

IMO

If GZ is so certain he has nothing to hide then he should take the stand and tell the truth to all of those questioning his truthfulness.

Don't see why, his story has already been shown through the jury, multiple times via LE interviews and the re-enactment.

When I first started hearing about this case in the media I was on the fence but with both legs hanging over towards the Prosecution side. I was guilty of the media brainwashing that happens to a lot of us. I have tremendous sympathy for Trayvon's family, as we all do. When the trial initially started I even posted not very kindly towards George. But my opinion has completely changed after listening to the evidence. Actually my opinion changed just hearing the prosecution's own witnesses. I now believe he was defending himself. IMO I don't know how the jury could possibly convict him. All of the above is MOO.

How does RJ's credibility play into what she said? IMO

Not her credibility. What she said is that TM told her he was at the back of his daddy's house. That is her testimony. If you believe her then she puts TM At home and then it had to be him that walked back up to where GZ was. Not the other way around...

Which is still another reason the case should never have been brought and was done so IMO for political reasons, not justice.

I agree 100%. It is my opinion the prosecutors were told by their boss to try the case and they are doing what they can with what they have. They have little evidence to present against GZ because there isn't much evidence, if any.

And that's exactly what GZ was doing, walking in the rain. Both TM and GZ had a right to be out walking that night. But once TM assaulted GZ, the law was broken.

Herein lies the problem.. we do NOT know who assaulted whom first..

And- he said Trayvon could not show bruises- so it's very possible that he was quite beat up. Just as possible as anything else. Hope they bring this up!
:seeya:

But any cuts, abrasions, or a broken nose (injuries such as GZ sustained) would have been evident. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom were not AA out in the rain on a dark night accosted by an AA with a gun. They were carjacked, tortured, raped and murdered. The murderers were all convicted, but because the judge in the case was taking illegal drugs and buying them from someone whom he had previously judged, the convictions were thrown out and new trials ordered. Their case has nothing whatever to do with the safety or lack thereof of a young black man in rural Georgia in the 50's, or also IMO a young black man in Sanford, Florida in February of 2012.

Or the safety of Robert Champion on a FAMU band bus in November of 2011.

BBM

I agree. I would change one word, though: the word 'prove'.

The prosecution can argue all day, but it doesn't necessarily prove anything, IMO, unless they can support their argument with factual evidence (even then, unless there is direct evidence, it's still open to interpretation).

Possibilities (speculation) can be endless. A reliable conviction shouldn't be based on possibilities (speculation), but upon factual evidence & intelligent interpretation of that evidence, IMO.

Agree.

IMO, I think Dr. Di Maio was being generous when he stated that the "techniques weren't correct" (regarding Dr. Bao & his technicians' alleged mis-handling of the clothing evidence). I'm always suspicious of a supervisor who tries to blame their staff for mistakes.

I recall that Dr. Bao testified last week that he wasn't concerned with protocol (paraphrasing).

still not seeing the prosecution come close to erasing any reasonable doubt even through cross examination imo...is it true the prosecution plans to rest tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley216