George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
West was making the point that the schedule the judge is imposing is outrageous because she kept them until 10 then insisted on resuming at 8. Leaving the defense with no time to both prepare and sleep. He said it was impacting his physically. The Judge wasn't hearing it and abruptly recessed and left the bench. She later changes her mind and started at 9, obviously.

The judge was a little miffed (read: PO'ed) when West argued that because the prosecution played games, lied to the court, and gave the defense exculpatory evidence (TM's texts) on June 9th (IIRC), the defense did not have adequate time to prepare witness for full authentication of the texts. He was arguing if the prosecution did all that it is not the defense's fault, it is unfair, etc. The judge recessed court abruptly at 9:56, taking her stuff and leaving the bench. West continued complaining...the judge is leaving and he is still talking....

Finally, MOM was seen waving West off, and I could only imagine hearing him say "Shut the f@#k up... seriously, just shut up." You could not make this stuff up.

This case has been so well orchestrated imo, no one spent days on the stand. This is the way I have seen most cases run. This judge is so awesome. She is in charge of her courtroom and she makes that clear. She reminds me of a couple of judges I knew in Fl. The attorneys knew there would be little leeway, and to get your witnesses on and off without any unnecessary back and forth. Very few side bars.

So a doll that is perfectly in shape is the same place as GZ's belly button??

COME ON..

Here is the problem.

GZ only has information based on the sequence of events that happen and events that have no form of validation. When the defense calls in the animation to depict the events they must use GZ testimony.

GZ testimony is limited as he narrated it from one perspective (his). Although is sound good in delivery under scrutiny it comes unraveled.

Testimony has TM on a full mount. This is validated by a witness. A full mount has TM on Gz chest and waist area. In this position GZ has no access to the gun. Although in GZ mind he can shimmy upward to free access to the gun in all actuality he cannot. GZ would have to shimmy to a point where TM is on his thighs which would change the bullets angle of trajectory.

GZ stated that TM said "you got me" or something to that effect after he shot the gun. That comment does not make sense but what does is?

If GZ said "you got me" then TM would have stopped and proceed to dismount. This will allow GZ to access his gun and change the event and out come.

That would also account for the angle in which the bullet entered TM and support the position of TM hoodie.

GZ is telling what happened one just need to assign the actions to the right person.

I believe what you are describing is premeditated murder. Correct me if I'm wrong.

nope, IMO he was getting beaten up and had to defend himself.

I think it is a crock that TM's past is not able to be brought up but GZ's is.

Carrying a gun should not be a substitute for common sense and knowing your own down falls. IMO

so, according to HLN they cant show the re enactment in the body of their case but can in their closing. seems weird 2 me.

it also seems weird 2 me that evidence of TM's fighting past isn't admissible while evidence of GZ's interest in law enforcement is.

I think that if they bring in TM's alleged fighting past, they would have to bring in GZ's alleged violent past, as well. I could be wrong, though - nothing unusual there!

IMO

This case has been so well orchestrated imo, no one spent days on the stand. This is the way I have seen most cases run. This judge is so awesome. She is in charge of her courtroom and she makes that clear. She reminds me of a couple of judges I knew in Fl. The attorneys knew there would be little leeway, and to get your witnesses on and off without any unnecessary back and forth. Very few side bars.

However she has been overturned for making bad rulings.. So not so much to me...

The prosecution is reallly failing in their case. I came into the case thinking Zimmerman was guilty, now I think this is verging on a kangaroo court. There is no case. IMO

Yes but that is not what happened here, it was just a kid walking home from the 7-11 who had no ill will against GZ IMO

Sooo scared that he ran away...and pleaded pitifully over and over for help...which I think may have come ; had the pleas not sounded like they were coming from a young AA male...the dreaded profile, according to both Defense and Prosecution.

Most people/TH's, even those usually pro-biased pretty much agree the defense has succeeded in breaking down the states entire opening argument. The witness yesterday (DiMieo) basically shut the door on any doubt that GZ was on the ground getting hurt. The state has no counter witness to that IMO.

IMO JMO

In My Opinion, the only counter to that is politically correctness and fear of the repercussions.

Phrases you don't often hear in court...
"I can't see your crotch".

Many LE have never had to discharge their firearms during the course of their careers, IMO.

As far as I'm concerned, Mr. guy's question about whether or not Mr. Root had ever discharged his firearm during the course of his LE career isn't relevant.

MOO

Agreed. My husband is a police officer and has worked some of the most dangerous neighborhoods in south Florida and the nation, for that matter, for almost 20 years. He has NEVER discharged his firearm but that does it mean he hasn't dealt with deadly force. IMO.

I don't think so. I think it hinges on the fact Trayvon is not here to testify or explain his text messages. It's pure speculation...by anyone reading them what he is/was referring to. He could have been talking about a video game and not a real fight or gun. Like Call of Duty or Boxing video games. You know he played Xbox or ps3

Excellent point! All of the texts, pictures and conversations about fighting and weapons could have been in relation to a game. Even the GF saying (paraphrased) you need to stop doing that.

How many times have so many people said those exact words to their bf because they want to do something in real time?

All IMO.

If you walk into a group of gang members and you are armed, and the gang members decide to jump you and then you pull out the gun and kill one of them because you're afraid, you're not a fault or a 'tough guy' for walking into a group of gang members. You're defending yourself.

If you are armed with a permit you would never walk into a group of gang members..... never. IMO

If the defense wants to clear GZ of the Wanna be Cop thing they should quit calling LE IMO

imo the defense does not want to "clear" GZ of his desire to enforce the law. and it should not.

law abiding jurors respect the law and the citizens who seek to enforce it.

imo.

does this judge ever over rule a states objection. where was she when CA was on trial?

I watched it and it was actually kind of funny but I felt bad for West; he also mentioned his health can't handle these hours and he was just so frustrated and MOM put his hand on West's arm b/c the Judge just stopped listening and walked off and West just kind of put his hands up in resignation of the whole thing.

And good morning all and thanks for the thread Fran

No offense to you, but I didn't find it funny at all. It was very disturbing to me. That's not what our justice system is all about. jmo

His continued use of taking ALL the evidence into play, and not focusing on one little bitty thing that could be a matter of perception when panic has set in is refreshing.

Big picture. All the evidence. Experience.

IMHO
Panic set in when he realized he went over his head in following this kid, whether is was a crime or not someone following me in the dark rainy night better be lucky I wasn't carrying a gun, as GZ was...IMO because he would be the dead guy today and TV would have been arrested immediately IMO MOO

I appreciate this witnesses testimony, I think he's saying a lot of things straight up regarding time perception etc. However, the State is hammering in the point that the witness didn't seem to look at all the evidence, there seems to be some important information that the witness has overlooked or didn't take into account. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobAMac