George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what caused TM to say "get off, get off" as reported by RJ? IMO

I am not sure that is true. There is no way GZ got the upper hand on TM. No rips in the sweatshirt, No injuries on TM, No scrapes, His Arizona is still firmly in his pocket along with the skittles. HE was unmussed.

What we do not hear at all, is TM saying.. " GUN!"

He had every right in the world to be on that sidewalk, however he did not have the right to attack another person on that sidewalk.
MOO :twocents::rockon:

The whole culture of street fighting needs to be investigated. Cage fighting, etc. Using violence to feel manly, thinking violence solves problems in a civilized society.

IMO.

But this is incorrect, there is evidence, from both witness and forensics, that actually does show that TM was on top of GZ. The logical conclusion is TM is beating GZ because GZ has injuries, no matter how slight.

Someone needs to explain how you give yourself the injuries we're talking about in the timeframes here. He didn't run into a tree or a mailbox, this isn't Looney Tunes.

The problem is there's no way of knowing who started the fight or why. All we are left with is speculation. We'll never know for sure.

He didn't have to run anywhere - he had the same rights as GZ. IMO

Hard to believe some of these concepts being brought up.
TM, go to 7-11 and buy your things but don't wear a hoodie and when you return home you better run as fast as you can because there will be a man with a gun checking you out in his SUV and he might even get out of his SUV follow you. IMO

IMO, it is significant that the defense never called GZ's wife...

Why? Wives don't have to testify. We know that as a point of law. She was not there. She has nothing to add to the event.

Non issue.

Unfortunately the defense can't prove it either - they can surmise it - but facts? Proof? No.

Whoops - brought up the Citizen's Patrol - turned it down - uh huh - cause he already had a job and was going to school...

IMO

The defense does not have the burden of proof. All they require is a reasonable explanation of events. That it could have reasonably happened other than how the prosecution presents it.

No one says he has to. But it goes to the fact he was not afraid that he did not. 4 mins is a long time. If he was afraid after losing GZ as he told RJ he would have gone home. HE DID NOT. He was not afraid of GZ. There is no proof at all of that and even more proof he was annoyed and irritated about GZ.

so you are saying GZ was not annoyed and irritated with TM? Remembering they have equal status of rights in this situation.

Or do they? Is that the problem here?

IMO

The defense doesn't have to prove it.

A lot of you guys have watched trials forever, this is trial 101, the defense doesn't have to prove their case, just reasonable doubt.

Seriously we need a trial 101 book. It's amazing how many people think the Defense needs to prove this and that! Nuh uh!

IMO.

I really hope you are wrong, also!

Can anyone tell me the sentencing structure for 2nd degree murder vs Manslaughter? Is there a difference? The gun enhancement adds years to each, correct? Thanks!

IMO!

Not sure about gun enhancement, but otherwise both are roughly equal, in my opinion, and only from what I've heard.

"Don't know if he played football..." Was TMs being on a football team (showing physical fitness) not allowed in either???:banghead:

The obession with him playing football is bizarre. He last played football when he was 14 years old. You know, when he looked like he did in all the pictures everyone complained about because he looked so young and innocent?

IMO

Having been in very stressful situations in a past profession, I will tell you that it's not as easy as you say. Things happen so fast and so many things are happening at once that once the event ends, it's very hard to piece things back together, especially at first when adrenaline is still high. Any time someone is causing you physical harm/injury, you never know how far things are going to escalate and it can happen instantaneously. I was disabled by a 12 year old and had to leave a job I loved and I was a trained, in-shape professional. Until you're in that situation, it's really hard to understand the dynamics of these type of situations.

Well said. No one can truly know what one will do unless they are in that situation. I'm sorry for what happened to you. Goes to show be it a 12, 17, 27, 45, or 79yr old, etc if someone wants to harm you they can.

I must admit I felt like SCREAMING....when jurors found OJ not guilty. But had no desire to run in the streets.

The defense was absolutely superb in that case and the prosecution team was flawed, made many mistakes. I was sick all summer and watched it gavel to gavel and called it an acquittal.

Which is why in this case i am going to say acquittal too, i think the pros were outlawyered even though i think GZ is guilty as sin.

'Plan for the worse case scenario and pray for the best'; Public Safety strategy/motto.. Imo, there will be an acquittal and all hell is gonna break loose...
I live in GA, and the backlash began here 10 days ago as a hit & run, but the truth was only reported in ms media yesterday...
Be safe folks..

4 teens charged in death of Mableton, GA man
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/22742395/cobb-police-arrest-3-in-mableton-fatal

Posted: Jul 02, 2013 10:51 AM EDT
Updated: Jul 09, 2013 10:51 AM EDT
By MYFOXATLANTA STAFF

I refuse to believe that our society will conduct itself like vigilantes and use violence. I do think Jacksonville FL residents and state residents should start an immediate campaign to recall the governor, and fire the state's atty., etc., and vote out all of the sitting incumbents in the next election.

I am naïve because the former is likely and the latter will never happen. IMO

The whole culture of street fighting needs to be investigated. Cage fighting, etc. Using violence to feel manly, thinking violence solves problems in a civilized society.

IMO.

I agree. Trayvon was a part of this stupid and dangerous fight culture that I believe led to him feeling tough when he should have just ran straight home. In my school this culture was everywhere. It was the thing to do. People loved to get into fights and watch them. It frustrated me. IN MY OPINION

The obession with him playing football is bizarre. He last played football when he was 14 years old. You know, when he looked like he did in all the pictures everyone complained about because he looked so young and innocent?

IMO

There is a picture the defense wanted in of Trayvon with his shirt off, he was in pretty good shape IMO.

No one says he has to. But it goes to the fact he was not afraid that he did not. 4 mins is a long time. If he was afraid after losing GZ as he told RJ he would have gone home. HE DID NOT. He was not afraid of GZ. There is no proof at all of that and even more proof he was annoyed and irritated about GZ.

You can be apprehensive, fearful, annoyed and irritated all at once.
He could and probably did stop running once off the road because since Zimmerman was in a truck he was safe once he hit the T. He could not anticipate Zimmerman would get out and chase him. He did not have to go home or run unless that was the only way he could make it home safely in this neighborhood. How would he know this since he had "nothing to fear" IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery