George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As does TM..

IMO

The argument that Trayvon was standing his own ground is specious. Totally irrelevant to the trial because he is dead and not charged with a crime. SYG and self defense are legal defenses to criminal charges. They are not concepts that somehow apply philosophically, or whatever, to a dead person or a person not charged with a crime.

jmo

There is no evidence that TM was afraid.
HE was home. He had 4 mins to get in the door lock it and be safe. He says he is AT his daddy's house. yet He was still out there and spoke to GZ first. AS per state witness RJ.

GZ lost him as per nen call and TM to RJ.

THere is nothing to suggest that TM was afraid. He called GZ names. Not names that lead to fear.

Creepy would indicate to me a level of fear or an uneasy feeling.
IMO

And how did the recoil cause the wounds on the back of GZ's head? These came IMO from TM slamming GZ's head into concrete.

If GZ's head was being slammed into the concrete as many times as he claimed, why didn't he go to the emergency room? Why did he go to work the next day, the class that night? Wow, a head being slammed would give that person a concussion, maybe even knock them out, GZ claimed he felt his head was going to "explode".. Wow, I would go get checked, after all its my head. Didn't act like he was in pain what so ever. So, he could have scratched his head on the pavement or may have, himself knocked his head into the pavement when trying to get out from under TM. :twocents:

I've never had any respect for them, they are the ones who gave the media pictures of trayvon when he was 12=14 etc.

They are the ones who went around with Jessie Jackson & Al Sharpton asking for donations.

IMO, they are no better than George & Cindy.

JMO

Sometimes I come late to the obviously....I completely AGREE. My bleeding heart side....but eyes opened now.

IMO

And how did the recoil cause the wounds on the back of GZ's head? These came IMO from TM slamming GZ's head into concrete.

Superficial injuries caused by turning head side to side in trying to get out. I would expect a very wide area of bruising on the back of the head if what GZ says is true and, there would have been debris stuck in the wounds and to the skin. None of that is visible. IMO

Did MOM just say when he brought out the paperdolls of TM and GZ that it doesn't have to be accurate? I think the paperdolls should be exact size and height of both of them.

I have it DVRed and what he said was, "You don't even have to believe it's accurate."

how owuld you position them that GM's hand would be right in front of his nose, but the GSW hit TM in the chest?

You are assuming the butt or Zimmerman's hand would of come straight back.
It likely turned, flipped up and back, striking him in the face. Also we do not know exactly his position under Trayvon as they were struggling, moving, pushing, pulling with their other hands. Trayvon wasn't sitting up waiting for him to shoot.

And if it is just an innocent person walking home from the store to his home - then what?:moo: IMO

Not the facts of the case, Where he was coming from or what he was doing DOES NOT MATTER.

What matters is the attack and the outcome and the facts and evidence of that event.

They charged him with murder. They have to prove that. They charged him with MS after their case was under way.. Says a lot to me..

But yes.. they have the burden to prove that to.

The Law says once you charge him with Murder, Manslaughter is always on the table. MOM just didn't see it coming...and defended him only on murder - now he is spinning his wheels trying to catch up.

Like he is doing now - don't make assumptions aa per the State - and saying I've given you some other assumptions to assume since none of what he is saying is fact.

IMO

This case must be decided by the evidence. I agree Mark. MOO.

I'm late today, but yesterday it we were having a discussion about what RJ said in court about Trayvon being near his father's home.

She testified that Trayvon said he was ALMOST by his Daddy's house when Bernie was questioning her. It was right before she testified that Trayvon said "Get Off, Get Off". She never said Trayvon was at his Dad's house.

Also, it was all over the news last night that GZ stated that HE was the one going back, then changed his words. A little too late. IMO

Food for thought... Some may see this, some may not... but food for thought anyway:

In your own neighborhood, for whatever your own reasons, you and your husband or boyfriend see somebody outside who seems suspicious...

How many of your husbands/boyfriends would go outside to investigate, and possibly bring something with them (golf club, bat, etc). Just curious.

Going to investigate someone or something that YOU deem suspicious is not the craziest concept in the world. I've heard noises before and have grabbed a coat hanger to go investigate. Probably smarter to stay locked in my bedroom. But I still went to look because I wanted to know what was up.

Food for thought.
IMO

As crazy as it is, I would investigate too. I can't go back to sleep after I've heard a noise in my house. I may die facing down an intruder, but I won't die in my sleep.

We came home from a vacation to find our back door wide open and the glass from the door broken out. I backed up and refused to go inside because I feared the intruder was still there. My husband just marched in and searched the entire house. I still wouldn't go inside till the police arrived, and searched it. Men either don't have the same fear, or they are not as smart as women. I know without a doubt, if I feel threatened in anyway, I'll shoot! I'm not going to give anyone an advantage over me. Maybe they weren't going to do me harm, but maybe they were. The fact is, it's what I feel that's important.

Agree. Simple physics and nothing else, "for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction". This is not IMO, it is a law of physics.

I have shot rifles, two handed, and pistols, one handed and two handed, hundreds, no maybe thousands, and I have never been hit in the face (or anywhere else) by the recoil. Just my observation.

So, let me get this straight. I attack my neighbor, neighbor overpowers me and pounds my head with the only weapon he has, his hands because he fears for his life, and I am in the right shooting him because when he feared for his life and aggressively repelled me, I then feared for my life. Like I said previously, Merry-go-round. IMO

It depends what you mean by 'attack'. Did you physically assault him first? Then no, you can't auto claim self defense.

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 15m
The jury is still very engaged almost 3 hours later. #Zimmermanon9

IMO

This is in line with what I thought, it's much easier to listen and understand O'Mara than BDLR. He's the much better lawyer. IMO

Kathi Belich, WFTV @KBelichWFTV

It's possible once there's a verdict. time will be given to law enforcement to put its plan in place before we know it. #Zimmermanon9

IMO

Sad state of affairs. IMO

Not the facts of the case, Where he was coming from or what he was doing DOES NOT MATTER.

What matters is the attack and the outcome and the facts and evidence of that event.

And the facts do not support GZ's statements....regarding the "attack" - MOM is doing a guessing game.

IMO

So, let me get this straight. I attack my neighbor, neighbor overpowers me and pounds my head with the only weapon he has, his hands because he fears for his life, and I am in the right shooting him because when he feared for his life and aggressively repelled me, I then feared for my life. Like I said previously, Merry-go-round. IMO

Why did you attack your neighbor? Had he physically assaulted you?

This whole situation was caused by the first physical contact.

IMO that was TM.

Tragic yes....

The GSW was obviously the last 'blow' in this altercation which means GZs injuries precipitated the GSW.

Is there any evidence (direct or circumstantial) to support GZ attacking TM first? If not, the state has failed to prove it's case.

Yes, GZ went after, behind, chased TM.
He didn't have to touch Trayvon but simply point his gun to predicate a fight for the gun and cause Trayvon fear for his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathan Dunn