George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's speaking a lot louder (and more clearly) on the recording than she is on the witness stand. I wonder if the jury will notice that.

I think this witness is holding up remarkably well. It's the lawyer that's getting frustrated and that's why it's taking so long. IMO

OMG, I sooo agree... It's because she is a important key witness. Her speech is slow and I believe the jury will get it. She doesn't talk clearly but I get what she is saying. :p

I am positive the recording said "I couldn't know Trayvon. I couldn't hear Trayvon." And when he just asked her she said it said "I could hear Trayvon." and that was when he stopped it after only her first sentence so I can see why he would want to play it for the jury. And I can see why the prosecution doesn't want him. That to me will destroy her credibility as a witness because it would seem to me she is using her unintelligibility to make this what she thinks it should be. JMO

He is trying to use her bad use of the english language against her to make her seem like a liar. Is that fair? NOPE. MO
I agree. Earlier the defense was going on about not being able to understand her language, and now they assert that they know better what she was saying than she does. It's just too picky. When they let her speak without interruption, I have no problem understanding what she's saying. She uses a different syntax than the King's English, but I understand what she's saying.

Finally, they are getting to the root of the problem with this witness. Her words have been transcribed erroneously, at times.

You can believe whatever you want. Seems you feel it was okay that GZ was being viciously attacked (eyes blacken, nose broken, repeated getting his head slammed against the concrete). Yeah, he had no right to defend himself!! And since TM had him pinned down on the ground, George did not have the option of running away. You make it sound like TM was shot merely because he was walking home minding his own business. Not so. This incident never would have happened if TM didn’t physically attack GZ.

George had the option to follow the rules, which are to view from a distance. He ignored the advice of the LE operator not to follow. He ignored the rules of the officer who taught him what a neighborhood watch job is. GZ should have never even been close enough to get beat up. Trayvon thought he lost George. Trayvon was armed with skittles, and a can of ice tea or something. Did it ever occur to you that Trayvon was the one fighting for his life? George recovered from his injuries, Trayvon is dead.

You can believe whatever you want. Seems you feel it was okay that GZ was being viciously attacked (eyes blacken, nose broken, repeated getting his head slammed against the concrete). Yeah, he had no right to defend himself!! And since TM had him pinned down on the ground, George did not have the option of running away. You make it sound like TM was shot merely because he was walking home minding his own business. Not so. This incident never would have happened if TM didn’t physically attack GZ.

Absolutely everything in that statement is at best speculation. There's no record that his nose was actually broken. He didn't have any black eyes (look at pictures of him even the next day). That his head was slammed into concrete is questionable, given where the altercation took place and given GZ's shifting version of events. To say he was "viciously attacked" is outright puffery. That GZ was pinned to the ground is also, again, questionable. We just had testimony yesterday that GZ was on top of TM.

GZ absolutely had the opportunity to run away. TM did, so why didn't GZ?

And, yes, TM was walking home, minding his own business. That's not in dispute. The incident would never have happened if GZ had not pursued. Accusing the victim of not running away effectively enough isn't a justification for murder, imo.

Bringing this over from the last thread:

And that in and of itself is sad.

In my home, my teenagers AND THEIR FRIENDS know that we have a certain standard that they all know and follow. If I ever hear my 13 year old son or my 16 year daughter even utter the "F" word or any other foul word, they know what will happen. My husband and I have raised our kids from a young age to have standards knowing that when they reached the teenage years, they wouldn't think twice about adhering to those standards.

I am with the other posters who feel like we, as parents, are the minority now. That to me is sad because we are failing our youth.

"Reality TV" and the cultural "stereotypes" portrayed in the media, music, etc., make us "think" we are in the "minority". We're not. Maybe it should be called "Abnormal Reality TV".

I am positive the recording said "I couldn't know Trayvon. I couldn't hear Trayvon." And when he just asked her she said it said "I could hear Trayvon." and that was when he stopped it after only her first sentence so I can see why he would want to play it for the jury. And I can see why the prosecution doesn't want him. That to me will destroy her credibility as a witness because it would seem to me she is using her unintelligibility to make this what she thinks it should be. JMO

But the prosecution said to read further, but the defense didn't. It's clear that DeeDee is hard to understand and her answer needs to be repeated.

What is the correct term for someone that leaves the safety of their vehicle...to follow suspicious people walking in the rain, phoning police, and following the "suspicious rain walker" fully armed with a 9mm and two flashlights????

Did the State every charge GZ with stalking????

NO
they did not.....

JMO

Why would Trayvon be defending himself? especially since, he could have made it home well before GZ got off of the phone?

GZ was not on NW that night. GZ lived in the complex, Trayvon was just a guest.

JMO

"Just a guest"

He's a free American citizen

???

I agree. Earlier the defense was going on about not being able to understand her language, and now they assert that they know better what she was saying than she does. It's just too picky. When they let her speak without interruption, I have no problem understanding what she's saying. She uses a different syntax than the King's English, but I understand what she's saying.

She did sound much more intelligible in that recording than she has on the stand though.

Why would Trayvon be defending himself? especially since, he could have made it home well before GZ got off of the phone?

GZ was not on NW that night. GZ lived in the complex, Trayvon was just a guest.

JMO

So any guest of mine at my home isn't allowed to walk in the neighborhood? Dang, I better hope that I leave a car for them to have available 24/7...and hope they know how to drive it!!

Heaven forbid, they get thirsty or hungry...or want to breathe some fresh air or yes, even walk in the rain!!!

I would hate for them to end up dead because of it.

I stated very clearly...he is defending himself from some unknown person following him and trying to detain him. GZ did NOT identify himself or tell him why. Otherwise, GZ would have told us that. He did not.

Again, if someone follows me and I have no idea what their intentions are...especially on a dark rainy night...you can be DANG SURE I am on the defensive. And if you try to keep me from what I am doing and where I am heading, again you can be DANG SURE I will do everything in my power to fight you off.

IMO, that theory makes much more sense to me than the version of events that GZ has given...based on common sense and what I have seen of the evidence.

You're in the minority, because people in the courtroom, even the reporter can understand what is being said.

I know. I realize that people are having a hard time with it. Just, I'm not. But I work on subtitling foreign dramas, so I'm used to different accents, languages, and syntax.

FWIW, I saw on HLN last night, from the mock jury they have, 11 of the 12 voted that she was a credible witness. Don't have a link, so IMO.

A lot of people have asked why Treyvon didn't just continue home. Remember how George told the operator he didn't want to give out his address because he didn't know where the suspicious person was? Maybe Treyvon decided not to go on home and into his house since this person was following him that he had no idea who he was. Just a thought.

Then why wouldn't they have a lawyer or children's advocate or somebody else in a similar position accompany her to the state's office?

I do not understand why the state would put themselves in a position where they are now with this witness. Taking a deposition at the victim's home while sitting beside the victim's crying mother is just asking for trouble with credibility.

I don't get it.

I don't get it, either.

The State should have taken her deposition in a neutral venue, and without anyone associated with the deceased present, IMO.

RJ isn't SF's daughter, nor was RJ a minor at the time that her deposition was taken. IMO, it was inappropriate for SF to be present during RJ's deposition, as has been evidenced by RJ's testimony yesterday & today that she withheld information due to SF's presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nutphinx