George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is unbelievable to me. How can a judge be so blatantly biased against the defense and allow this witness to behave so disrespectfully toward the defense attorney in a court of law? Why is she letting the witness run the courtroom? I know it shouldn't but it has to have some affect on the jury. It reminds me of that SNL skit "Maine Justice."

Why would Trayvon be defending himself? especially since, he could have made it home well before GZ got off of the phone?

GZ was not on NW that night. GZ lived in the complex, Trayvon was just a guest.

JMO

That's another thing I'm not quite getting; the timeline and if anyone has done a walk through of that nights events. I'm sure the police have. I know that standing under the mail pavilion waiting for the rain to slow would also take some time. Perhaps, TM was also trying to figure out if he was being followed at that time and attempting to assess if the person following him was a threat. I don't care who or what is following me, I will be worried and perhaps stop in order to see if they continue on their way or stop when I stop. Although I think I'd stop in front of a unit. But I'm thinking like a girl...

I am positive the recording said "I couldn't know Trayvon. I couldn't hear Trayvon." And when he just asked her she said it said "I could hear Trayvon." and that was when he stopped it after only her first sentence so I can see why he would want to play it for the jury. And I can see why the prosecution doesn't want him. That to me will destroy her credibility as a witness because it would seem to me she is using her unintelligibility to make this what she thinks it should be. JMO

Personally, I have been in situations where someone spoke in a foreign language or extreme dialect to purposely obfuscate. JMO, OMO, MOO.

A lot of people have asked why Treyvon didn't just continue home. Remember how George told the operator he didn't want to give out his address because he didn't know where the suspicious person was? Maybe Treyvon decided not to go on home and into his house since this person was following him that he had no idea who he was. Just a thought.

Isn't it more suspicious to see someone slinking around buildings and not going directly to a location?

I can see your point but I can also see the other sides point, which is that he was trying to protect HIS neighborhood after the numerous break ins involving African Americans. He had a concealed weapons permit and to my knowledge there is no law against have "two flashlights" on your body.

Still on the fence regarding this trial, the above is my opinion only.

That's what law enforcement is for.

GZ wanted to be LE in the worst way and viewed his little complex as his own to police and patrol with his 9mm and two flashlights.

The result is exactly why Neighborhood Watch stresses the job is all about watching and reporting.

What is the correct term for someone that leaves the safety of their vehicle...to follow suspicious people walking in the rain, phoning police, and following the "suspicious rain walker" fully armed with a 9mm and two flashlights????

I agree it's not a "neighborhood watch captain." Sounds more like a vigilanti to me. All IMO

Big mistake. I honestly think he meant to threaten TM in some way to get him out of his neighborhood. I think he thought with his gun TM would not fight back and he would control the situation, but instead TM responded aggressively at this man who was coming up to him and the two got into a fight, GZ used his gun instead of his hands and then claimed self defense.

If you follow someone and start a fight that you physically can't win does that justify killing them?

I don't know. I just don't know. MO

I was able to view the police interview/video given by GZ the day after the incident. Anderson Cooper played it last night on AC 360. In that video, GZ states he was calling for help after being punched in the face and knocked to the ground. This was well before any of the 911 calls were released to be heard by the public or anyone besides the 911 center. So GZ had no idea his voice would eventually be heard on various 911 calls, in the background. As for the question as to why GZ *continued to follow TM*, we have no evidence that he did 'continue to follow' after having said 'okay' to the operator.

please stay on topic

love and kisses,
tricia

Tricia, you are a hoot. Might I thank you for trying to keep the thread on track as well as the tone -- in a very polite way I might add!

Of course this is just my humble opinion!

They played the tape again and it was clear she said it was Travon saying "get off"

Trayvon was just a guest....... He did not reside there like George did.

JMO

[modsnip]
He was a free citizen of the United States. That gives him the legal right to walk to the dang store and back without being harassed, followed, detained or killed.

[modsnip]

This case is really tragic. Two decent people on a collision course with fate. There are so many decisions that were taken where one different choice would have derailed this whole tragic event and Trayvon would be alive and GZ would be going about his normal life.

I'm sorry. Did the witness just hum into the microphone after the tape concluded?

I was able to view the police interview/video given by GZ the day after the incident. Anderson Cooper played it last night on AC 360. In that video, GZ states he was calling for help after being punched in the face and knocked to the ground. This was well before any of the 911 calls were released to be heard by the public or anyone besides the 911 center. So GZ had no idea his voice would eventually be heard on various 911 calls, in the background. As for the question as to why GZ *continued to follow TM*, we have no evidence that he did 'continue to follow' after having said 'okay' to the operator.

exactly, We have no evidence.

So after hearing the rest of it I think it was clear she *meant* she could hear him. But to my ears it was clear that she initially said *couldn't*. JMO

That's what law enforcement is for.

GZ wanted to be LE in the worst way and viewed his little complex as his own to police and patrol with his 9mm and two flashlights.

The result is exactly why Neighborhood Watch stresses the job is all about watching and reporting.

That's great, Linda, if you live in a community with sufficient law enforcement to respond. I don't. As an example, it often takes days for the police to respond to residential burglaries. Auto thefts don't get responded to at all. You have to make a report of them by telephone. My neighbors not only participate in neighborhood watch but we are now considering hiring a private security patrol because the police simply cannot handle the levels of crime here.

This is unbelievable to me. How can a judge be so blatantly biased against the defense and allow this witness to behave so disrespectfully toward the defense attorney in a court of law? Why is she letting the witness run the courtroom? I know it shouldn't but it has to have some affect on the jury. It reminds me of that SNL skit "Maine Justice."

I don't think she is letting the witness "run" the courtroom, cuz the judge clearly is. The judge is responding to objections and ruling based on the law, IMO.

I could of swore she said 'couldn't' but I can't tell for sure. I don't think the jury can either and that's the most important.

WHAT did she just say about "bald headed "? I couldn't understand the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nutphinx