George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And not on the sidewalk, either, IMO; Some distance from the sidewalk where he was claimed to be bashing GZ's head--the sidewalk with no blood, even though GZ's head was bleeding and certainly one would expect that there would be blood from TM being shot in the heart. Also, the autopsy lists no injuries other than a gunshot to the heart. There are no injuries on his knuckles, there is a small scar and a very small cut on the side of his left ring finger. How could it be that if he were hitting GZ in the face 20-30 times he has no evidence of it on his hands? (How could he be bashing GZ's head against a cement walkway and at the same time be hitting him in the face, reaching for his gun and holding his hand over GZ's nose and mouth?) And according to the State, none of GZ's DNA on his hands or elsewhere on his person? IMO

bbm I saw a photo that showed TM about two body rolls away from the sidewalk.

Always is a pretty big stretch. Former military and police here and seen numerous, numerous times when something should have been documented and it never was. Happens way more then you think.
Medical facilities do it to CYA. They can lose their licensing and be open to lawsuits if they didn't. I've personally had to answer to state health inspectors before- they are very powerful people you don't want to mess with, you'd be know your stuff inside and out and have everything documented, i's dotted, t's crossed!!!

When an insurance company settles for that much it's because they know they're was liability there.

Not necessarily, but we can agree to disagree about why the insurer settled since neither of us know the specifics and won't ever. Your post said that a legal test of civil liability had been met, though, and that's definitely not true.

What did George Zimmerman and his wife do for employment prior to the trial? Just wondering...not sure I ever read/heard what they did for work.

He sold insurance and she was a nursing student at the time.

Fine, but whether or not George was racially profiling him and assuming Trayvon was up to no good, George needed to leave it alone after calling it in to LE. No crime was in progress, yet... Neighborhood Watch doesn't have any more authority than a civic duty to report suspicious activities. George didn't listen. No matter how polite, non-assertive the dispatcher's response was- I personally would've been more direct and left out the "don't need", George disobeyed LE's intention and escalated it into a violent conflict. He is to blame for the death of TM!!!

He wasn't acting in his NW capacity so that's irrelevant. He lived in the area and was concerned. Made complete sense for him to try to keep track of where TM was so LE could sort the situation out.

TM escalated it. Non emergency 9-11 does not give orders/instructions, as evidenced by the testimony of the non emergency 9-11 operator. GZ did absolutely nothing wrong and nothing illegal as far as I can tell, according to the trial so far. Still waiting for anything pointing to wrong doing from GZ.

Medical facilities do it to CYA. They can lose their licensing and be open to lawsuits if they didn't. I've personally had to answer to state health inspectors before- they are very powerful people you don't want to mess with, you'd be know your stuff inside and out and have everything documented, i's dotted, t's crossed!!!
So, you're saying that he reported a head injury... With which people are generally advised to get a CT scan at the hospital... Yet, he was not transported to the hospital and if he refused treatment it would be documented...

So it sounds like someone messed up there - either the police saying they'd take him to the hospital (potentially what "transport" means in the context) and never did, or EMS did not properly document it.

And bruised both the front and back of his head at the same time?

I thanked the post but I had to thank your signature line LOL!!

I understand what your saying, but from my own experience in the military and as a police officer after the military. It does not "always" happen, in fact I've seen medical facilities, police departments, federal agencies, etc. etc. etc. not document things they should have, as I said it happens, and probably more often than you think it does.

Fine, but whether or not George was racially profiling him and assuming Trayvon was up to no good, George needed to leave it alone after calling it in to LE. No crime was in progress, yet... Neighborhood Watch doesn't have any more authority than a civic duty to report suspicious activities. George didn't listen. No matter how polite, non-assertive the dispatcher's response was- I personally would've been more direct and left out the "don't need", George disobeyed LE's intention and escalated it into a violent conflict. He is to blame for the death of TM!!!

They are not allowed to do that, he testified to this. A 911 operator is not LE.

Again, it feels like you are condemning GZ simply for getting out of the car with no evidence on how the confrontation happened. He didn't break the law getting out of his car.

I need to wrap my head around this.
The pic on the left is in police car before going to station, the pic on the right is AT the police station later.

View attachment 35222

How can his nose be SO jacked up in the pic on the left, and be normal except for a scratch on the right?
Presuming it was within a couple hours, I do NOT know the time frame as I do not know how long he was at the station before they took the picture. IIRC Ms. Smith said within 3-4 hours?

Worth noting the picture on the left was released by GZ representation in Dec. 2012- http://gillreport.com/2012/12/video-new-bloody-photo-of-george-zimmerman-released/

I find that odd also. I remember hearing/reading something about a photo that someone forgot they had and it was added to evidence later than the rest of the photos. I wonder which photo was late coming.

All that matters is if George Zimmerman believed that, and can convince the jury of it.

Are you stating you believe TM was going to murder GM that night? Seriously?

Not to disagree about what should be because I don't but times change and we created the world our children live in the same way parents created the world kids rebelled from in the 60's.
It is what it is and change requires cooperation so we can strive for better for these young peoples babies. JMO

I get your meaning but I did not create this world, in fact, I'm fighting it tooth and nail through my own children. None of their peer's parents want to join me in the battle though:(

Pop culture created this swamp.

Context, context, context... standing in someone's yard at night in the rain when you fit the description of people who have committed burglaries in the area is suspicious. Context is important. GZ didn't know if he had just broken into a place, was planning to, or none of the above, hence the call to non-emergency 9-11. LE needed help in getting a description of TM. He did nothing to warrant TM attacking him.

Not to me, sorry, but I wouldn't call LE because I see someone standing in my neighbors yard.

If GZ had been charged at the scene the way an african american man who had just shot a caucasian kid would have been, we wouldn't be here. The fact he wasn't is exactly what prompted people to rise up. Justice is supposed be blind to race and isn't always.

Exactly. I think people get so upset about this case because of that reason. The took GZ's statements (various) and left it at that.

Not to me, sorry, but I wouldn't call LE because I see someone standing in my neighbors yard.

You would if you lived in a neighborhood that had been the subject of numerous burgularies and didn't recognize the person. Especially if it was dark and in the rain.

Just in case it wasn't discussed here (ref: Rachel's "I don't read cursive"):

"In the United States, somewhere around the third grade, cursive handwriting instruction has long been a sort of milestone, or rite of passage. But in recent years, the nation's Common Core State Standards — which at least 45 states and the District of Columbia, have voluntarily adopted — took out the requirement for cursive instruction in K through 12 schools."
from http://www.theroot.com/buzz/cursive-still-necessary

I am a college instructor and very few of my students who are under 25 write in cursive.

Exactly how I see it too. There was no need for us to be here and a Family to bury their loved one. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi