George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your qualifications to determine there is no evidence of a broken nose?

"A medical report compiled by the family physician of Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman and obtained exclusively by ABC News found that Zimmerman was diagnosed with a "closed fracture" of his nose, a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury the day after he fatally shot Martin during an alleged altercation."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zim...juries-trayvon/story?id=16353532#.UcyNY1jD85s

Did you think the "yes sir's" were dripping with anger and sarcasm?

Hard to say.

She seemed pleased with herself for saying them. Not sure if it was sarcasm. Anger - or at least a lack of self-confidence in her English/public speaking ability in standard English & fear about testifying in a controversial/high-profile case that comes across as anger - was present throughout her testimony.

Even if they were sarcastic and angry they sounded better to me today than the "yeahs" dripping with attitude yesterday.

When an insurance company settles for that much it's because they know they're was liability there.

BBM

How do you know how much the settlement was? I thought I heard the amount would not be disclosed. Sometimes it's better to settle than go to court. As an example, if it's going to cost you $50,000 in attorney fees even if you win, then you settle for $20,000 and you are still ahead of the game. My insurance company paid to have this idiot's bumper fixed, even though the bumper had rust on it from months or years prior. He claimed my daughter backed into him, and I wanted to fight it. According to the insurance company, it wasn't worth it to fight. It was a principle to me, but not to them.

If GZ had been charged at the scene the way an african american man who had just shot a caucasian kid would have been, we wouldn't be here. The fact he wasn't is exactly what prompted people to rise up. Justice is supposed be blind to race and isn't always.

Except there have been instances where exactly that, or similar instances have happened and the individual was not arrested until a later time. One in particular was a woman that shot a man in the back, on the porch of his own house. She claimed self-defense, so the police were obligated to investigate before arresting her by Florida law. They did not arrest her until over a year later, once they had probable cause to believe the shooting was unlawful. Just as prescribed by law. Both individuals were black.

Here is a white on black shooting:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...llector-argument-over-loud-music-michael-dunn

He was arrested the day of the shooting:

The case against Dunn, who has been jailed without bond since the November 26 shooting at the Jacksonville, Florida, gas station, has been compared to the "stand your ground" case in which George Zimmerman is charged with killing Trayvon Martin.​
http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/...ud-music-shooting-case-dunn-pleads-not-guilty

Florida police, by law, cannot arrest a person claiming self-defense until they have probable cause that the shooting was unlawful.

You would if you lived in a neighborhood that had been the subject of numerous burgularies and didn't recognize the person. Especially if it was dark and in the rain.

Nope, I still would not. I would only call if he looked like he was trying to break in, or if he was harming another person.

You would if you lived in a neighborhood that had been the subject of numerous burgularies and didn't recognize the person. Especially if it was dark and in the rain.

Nope. I wouldn't. I lived with bars on the windows of my apartment and was home during an attempted burglary.

It was 7PM - not burglary prime time.

So Trayvon's actions that caused George to fear for his life and use his gun to end the threat have no bearing?

JMO

If Trayvon would have not punched George in the face and started slamming his head into the sidewalk (which is illegal) he would still be alive.

Your talking like George wanted to kill Trayvon for no reason at all and there is NO evidence to back that up.

JMO

On the other hand, so George's actions that caused Trayvon to fear for his life and allegedly punch him to get away from a creepy guy following him with unknown intentions have no bearing???

if George would not have followed him and put Trayvon on the defense, neither of their lives would be ruined today.

People go to jail for killing people even if they had no intention of killing them.

George didn't have to have intention of killing Trayvon to be found guilty of killing him.

This yelling for help went on quite a long time per this phone call.

Are you familiar with the case? There were burglaries in the area. They were committed by young black males. GZ was right to be suspicious of someone fitting this description standing around in someone's yard.

If he was concerned about a crime being committed, he reasonably may have followed TM to see where he was going to help LE. Pretty simple. I never understand why people intentionally (?) misrepresent the facts by saying GZ shot him because he was black, or that GZ thought going to the store was suspicious. Obviously not the case.

I honestly understand the neighborhood watch thing, but he wasn't on duty that night and he just saw a black person that wasn't really doing much, so I am still not sure other than TM being black what prompted GZ to be so sure this person was up to no good, to the point of following him. I get that GZ liked to call as soon as he saw black people, we have proof of the 5 other calls he made which turned out to be black people who lived there. Other than TM being black and fitting a description of people who GZ thought were criminals, what OTHER reason did he have to signle out TM?

Sounds to me that after he shot TM he didn't feel bad and felt he "GOT HIM" although GZ may have thought TM was a criminal and to this day may believe it, turns out he wasn't carrying any weapons and was actually NOT looking to commit a crime that night. MO

To me, that sounded like a young man screaming for help on that 911 call.....

On the other hand, so George's actions that caused Trayvon to fear for his life and allegedly punch him to get away from a creepy guy following him with unknown intentions have no bearing???

if George would not have followed him and put Trayvon on the defense, neither of their lives would be ruined today.

People go to jail for killing people even if they had no intention of killing them.

George didn't have to have intention of killing Trayvon to be found guilty of killing him.
I will provide you with this same litmus test.

Do you believe that if you were in Martin's shoes, and Zimmerman was following you, you would have every right to kill Zimmerman based solely on his behavior of following you?

To me, that sounded like a young man screaming for help on that 911 call.....

It sounds like GZ or TM depending on the side you are on. And I don't think there is anyone that is ever going to know who it really is.

I honestly understand the neighborhood watch thing, but he wasn't on duty that night and he just saw a black person that wasn't really doing much, so I am still not sure other than TM being black what prompted GZ to be so sure this person was up to no good, to the point of following him. I get that GZ liked to call as soon as he saw black people, we have proof of the 5 other calls he made which turned out to be black people who lived there. Other than TM being black and fitting a description of people who GZ thought were criminals, what OTHER reason did he have to signle out TM?

Sounds to me that after he shot TM he didn't feel bad and felt he "GOT HIM" although GZ may have thought TM was a criminal and to this day may believe it, turns out he wasn't carrying any weapons and was actually NOT looking to commit a crime that night. MO

In someone's yard, at night, in the rain, where burglaries had been committed by AA males. I also don't agree that we know 100% that he wasn't going to commit a crime, and in fact he did commit a crime by attacking GZ.

If I recall correctly, the earlier burglaries in that neighborhood happened during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nhommesss