George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Especially when witnesses testified they saw Trayvon straddling Zimmerman fighting him. :banghead:

I was listening on HLN in my truck and thought the defense case must have started but nope. Prosecution witness saying Zimmerman on bottom being beaten yelling for help!

if you are referring to the witness john, in his prosecution interview he changed his story and said he actually did not see any one throwing a punch or knew who was yelling

Wonder if they're fakes?

ABC News thinks they're real.

Here's the link to one on their site:

ap_george_zimmerman_kb_121204_wblog.jpg

Beating Victim

I don't know if they really believe it, but some folks claim this was inflicted by a shrub, or that GZ did it to himself.

No foolin'...

Amazing isn't it!!! We can see GZ today, and his nose is not spread across his face like it was that night. I don't really know how GZ had time to confront TM with all the running into trees, and rolling around in bushes and mulch that he "supposedly" did during that 40 seconds of screaming. I wish some of the people that don't think getting your head slammed into the sidewalk is enough reason to use deadly force would try this...... Go lay down on a sidewalk, and let your head fall back on it without any force. How many times can they do it without deciding enough is enough. Would love to see this re-enactment on youtube if somebody is willing to try it! It's just little bumps, right?

We have him talking to the dispatch about where the police are going to meet him inside the complex - so they WERE on the way -- no fib!!

I agree. GZ could have not been fibbing and had mentioned he had call NEN that would send police. (not 911)

IMO the most reasonable, logical idea is that you would call 911 to inform that a shooting has occurred and to send medical.

Which the neighbors listening had done and GZ would have no knowledge of that.

no - imo - if you listen to the reenactment tape and the interviews and the way gz descibes what happened, imo all that could not happen w. out substantial injuries to gz - which is imo - one of the reason i can't believe gz version of events

Is it more likely that GZ got the injuries he sustained from TM, or that he got them some other way? I have to assume the injuries came out the way they did regardless of whether people think they should have been more severe.

If someone is a bad car accident but walks away with only minor injuries, I don't doubt the accident happened simply because it seems like it would have been worse. jmo

Question for anyone with medical knowledge:

If GZ was provided an ice pack or something of the sort at the PD would that have caused the swelling to decrease in that amount of time? what was it like 3-4 hours??

Just trying to understand the difference in photos.

It was also still swollen the next day at his physician's office.

IMO - GZ didn't want to go to the hospital because he knew they would do x-rays and a CT scan, showing NO broken nose and NO concussion. I really wish he would have gone.

Only if TM was straight up while straddling GZ. GZ would have had to have some extension of his arms to place the bullet parallel to his own body, which would be into TM's chest. If TM were chest down on GZ, bullet travel would have been more perpendicular to GZ's body and he would not require any extension of his arms, but the gun would have been much closer to his face, so recoil could have played a part in the nose injury.

I see. It's my opinion that if Martin was on top, he was probably bent over some - his upper body was probably more parallel to Zimmerman's that not. Maybe a 45 degree angle?

Question for anyone with medical knowledge:

If GZ was provided an ice pack or something of the sort at the PD would that have caused the swelling to decrease in that amount of time? what was it like 3-4 hours??

Just trying to understand the difference in photos.

Not sure. Would like to know the time lapse between the big swollen nose and the police department that looks pretty normal, swelling-wise. But, sometimes swelling can go down pretty fast, since every one is different. Dunno.

On the other hand, I can see swelling being more marked if GZ's face were in a position parallel to the ground, because gravity would have had an effect on increasing the swelling, then when he was more upright reduction of swelling would occur. Gravity has a marked effect on swelling.

IMO - GZ didn't want to go to the hospital because he knew they would do x-rays and a CT scan, showing NO broken nose and NO concussion. I really wish he would have gone.
Except it wasn't his choice, apparently.

What a horrible experience, I'm so sorry. How severe were your injuries?

I never went to the hospital because I'd been threatened with death, so I can't give a medical description of my injuries. The bruising and swelling to my face was quite apparent but I have long hair so the lumps and bruises on my scalp were not visible though very painful. It seemed to take forever (over a month at least) for the bruising to fade. And I had pain on the left side of my face for years afterwards. My injuries were IMO bad, though clearly not life threatening as I'm still here 40 years later. But even writing about it now, I can recall the intense fear, and sickening sound my head made, like it was yesterday. There are so many similarities between my attack and GZ's, it kinda freaks me out. Although my face looked much worse than GZ's. I'm guessing he was better at deflecting the blows.

The EMT testified this was how his face and head injuries appeared when she arrived on the scene.

I know. I find it odd that officers didn't take pics of the back of his head. This photo has always looked "off" to me. Now, it makes sense, it wasn't from LE.

Except it wasn't his choice, apparently.

That is not correct. Officer Smith just testified that it was GZ's decision to not go to the hospital. He was given the option to be transported by LE to the hospital, he declined.

It would have been so much better if GZ had just gone on to the store where he was heading in the first place, and just let this one "get away with it".

it would have been better if Martin was somewhere else and not in Sanford that night

it would have been better if GZ would have gone to Target

it would have been better if Trayvon would have though to himself what the risks were if he decided to go back and fight George.

JMO

if you are referring to the witness john, in his prosecution interview he changed his story and said he actually did not see any one throwing a punch or knew who was yelling

I heard it all. His testimony plus pics of injuries tell me who got the beating and felt they needed to defend themselves. No beating received by Trayvon..he was straddling Zimmerman

Was GZ jacket zippered during the fight or don't we know that? The jacket just looks like it would it would restrict your movements if you were trying to fist fight.

See and IMO he wouldn't have wanted them to do that due to the outrageous expense. JMOO

Is it more likely that GZ got the injuries he sustained from TM, or that he got them some other way? I have to assume the injuries came out the way they did regardless of whether people think they should have been more severe.

If someone is a bad car accident but walks away with only minor injuries, I don't doubt the accident happened simply because it seems like it would have been worse. jmo

if you listen to the tape. gz claims tm has his hand over his mouth and is "BANGING" his head into the pavement while saying he was going to kill him. imo that would result in more that just 3 superficial cuts that did not require stitches, per the medical report i have posted many times - and how could gz be screaming like he said if tm had his hand over his mouth??

I have a feeling this will be a not guilty or a hung jury. It will bother me if it is because I can't get out of my head, and heart, that GZ is the one who started all this. TM would not have died had GZ not been there. Self defense or not, this all happened because of GZ putting himself in this position because some young man is standing in the rain instead of trying to get out of it. I will feel really bad for TM's family, well, I feel for them anyways. Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member