George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Going just on emotion.. If we just decided guilt based on feeling, I could swing to guilty.. but that is not what we do here in America. We put someone on trial so that we can bring forth evidence to prove they are guilty. Not just "feel" it.

I get the emotion. I feel the emotion. When I see the video of him in the 7-11 I get choked up. It is hard to watch someone's last minutes..

but I can not put GZ in jail because I feel bad for TM and his family. It has to be proven in fact. OMO

I feel bad for both families. I feel bad that TM lost his life. It hurts because both of these men were young. I want evidence and corroboration that one murdered another. So far, it isn't there. All I have heard and seen is just heated rhetoric. That is really dangerous. If I am on the jury, I can't put this man in prison. Not yet anyway.

The lead investigator at the time wanted to charge GZ. Who knows why he is hedging his testimony now?

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

because he did charge doesnt mean he wanted to. the charge was the result of overwhelming political and social pressure, pure and simple. imo. he probably wanted to keep his job. so he succumbed to the pressure.

testimony? charging is not testimony. hes not hedging anything.

Good point, TM's final resting spot was not very close to the deadly sidewalk.

I agree, I don't have a diagram, but it really seems pretty far away from where GZ claims his head was being pounded on the sidewalk. AND he never says that TM gets up and runs or walks away. That is what is throwing me off from the story given.

:goodpost:
Thanks for this post. IMO the right to a fair trial is essential to our social contract in a democracy. And I believe this right extends to the aggrieved as well as the accused.

And a person is considered innocent until proven guilty. Was going to add JMO, but I believe that's the law, isn't it?

My daughter was in Manhattan on Sept 11. I have emails she wrote that contain details of her experiences that day and the days after..(.her apartment was below 14th street and that area was closed except to residents. ) She has no remembrance of some of these details now. The idea that GZ wouldhave some concrete set of recollections when involved in such a trauma ...does not seem reasonable to me.

IMO, it is outrageous that...to this day...certain media (like the NY DailyNews)are still using the picture of Trayvon when he was 12 along side this story. That is not the face or the young man that GZ encounteredthat night. Trayvon chose a picture of himself for his Facebook page. Why not use that photo...the way TM choose to have others view him? Why is there this need to avoid truth.

I also find it incredible that witnesses like Rachel were interviewed with Trayvons Mother and her lawyers present! Is that justice these days? Can we expect to see that in other trials?

It is things like this ...and the odious and biased media coverage that have increased my empathy for GZ and made me consider him a victim of another type. Whatever the truth is...should be enough, without media lies and witness indimidation through natural empathy.

There is a specatcle quality about this that is very troubling.

I think Nancy Grace summed it up very well when she said you could tell by Zimmerman's reference to TBM as " the suspect" that he thought he was a law authority..and that's how come he behaved like a Vigilante. IMO

People have explained it many times! When you are being followed, you never allow the person following you know where you live..EVER! Common sense. You don't know who this person is, what they are doing, what they are capable of doing, then and later.

NEVER....EVER

absurd. (imo)

I would ALWAYS go for the security of a locked door vs staying in what seemed a threatening position. (fact)

NEVER nd EVER is wrong.(imo) hardly anything is NEVER and EVER. (fact) certainly not a situation as dynamic and variable as this one.....(imo)

I think m2 is overcharge, but firmly believe that he should be found guilty of manslaughter, for "targeting" TBM and having a loaded gun.

IMO, JMO, MOO

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

His gun was permitted, he had a CC permit and was it was perfectly legal for him to have it and carry it under Florida law. He broke no law. Are you saying that because you personal opinion is that he targeted TM, you'd like to see a special exception to Florida law just for George Zimmerman? Heaven help us if the retributive urges of an angry mob become the new standard for how we apply the laws of this country.

I think Nancy Grace summed it up very well when she said you could tell by Zimmerman's reference to TBM as " the suspect" that he thought he was a law authority..and that's how come he behaved like a Vigilante. IMO

Nancy grace, the shining beacon of impartiality.

I think m2 is overcharge, but firmly believe that he should be found guilty of manslaughter, for "targeting" TBM and having a loaded gun.

IMO, JMO, MOO

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

He had a right to carry a concealed weapon in Florida. He had a CCP, so it isn't against the law for him to 'have a loaded gun'.

I don't think so. Not sure. I think if it's a settlement, they just got a huge check without having to go to trial. jmo.

Considering the fact that GZ was the head of NW and it's CLEAR in their handbook that he is to ONLY report to LE, not to follow a suspect, it's in their best interest to pay out the policy. The gun would have been a factor as well. It's common practice to pay out policies and avoid trial. Huge check? Not IMO. That's nothing from a home owner's association payout. I'm sure the Martin's would rather have their beloved son instead of $.

BTW - the $ paid out on the policy has nothing to do with this trial. IMO

Let me suggest that there is a significant difference in ability between an older, overweight man and a young, fit football player in terms of how well (or how quickly) this "training" will be mastered.

is GZ now 50!? He was young and fit enough in the "attack" to secure his gun and shoot said "younger and fitter" teenager. He only porked out sitting in hiding since.

In My Opinion

Good point, TM's final resting spot was not very close to the deadly sidewalk.

Have we had an answer to GZ's statements to LE that he put out Trayvon's arms? How the heck did they end up under his chest? Doesn't make sense. JMO

is GZ now 50!? He was young and fit enough in the "attack" to secure his gun and shoot said "younger and fitter" teenager. He only porked out sitting in hiding since.

IMO

The physicians assistant who saw him the day after and took his vitals testified GZ was "obese" by medical standards

Have we had an answer to GZ's statements to LE that he put out Trayvon's arms? How the heck did they end up under his chest? Doesn't make sense. JMO

I can't imagine any reason GZ would state that he pulled Trayvon's hands out if he didn't, though. Why would he say that?

It seems that Trayvon must have pulled them back in while he was on the ground before he died.

At what point do you decide to stop a physical assault on your person? While you're still coherent and physically able to do it? Or do you hope you aren't beaten unconscious/dead before you finally decide to defend yourself?

JMO

*That point* is what this trial is about isn't it? Did the circumstances of the 2-minutes fight that did not cause much hurt to Z reach *that point* to justify shooting the UNARMED stranger who was minding his own business?

If the trial doesn't provide a satisfactory answer then what happened to TM can happen to any of us. Someone with a gun can come up to you, briefly fight you and then shoot you, and then get away claiming self-defense as long as he or she has a couple of bruises to show, and oh, nearby concrete, bricks, wood or stones.

:twocents:

He was probably still alive...grabbed at his chest, and rolled over..

Guys we are getting sloppy make sure you are posting it is IMO, JMO, MOO after your post or you are going to get flagged.

We have to be civil. Argue points NOT PEOPLE!!

WE can do it!!!

OMO!

*That point* is what this trial is about isn't it? Did the circumstances of the 2-minutes fight that did not cause much hurt to Z reach *that point* to justify shooting the UNARMED stranger who was minding his own business?

If the trial doesn't provide a satisfactory answer then what happened to TM can happen to any of us. Someone with a gun can come up to you, briefly fight you and then shoot you, and then get away claiming self-defense as long as he or she has a couple of bruises to show, and oh, nearby concrete, bricks, wood or stones.

:twocents:

In your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members