George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for both families. I feel bad that TM lost his life. It hurts because both of these men were young. I want evidence and corroboration that one murdered another. So far, it isn't there. All I have heard and seen is just heated rhetoric. That is really dangerous. If I am on the jury, I can't put this man in prison. Not yet anyway.

BBM: You are safe here. Thank goodness we have a forum where we all can post our opinions and thoughts. The mods keep this place so clean, it's refreshing!

I am not aware that Rachel was over 18 when she was first questioned...in some states you have to be over 21 I think....anyway since her own mother didn't speak English, I wouldn't be surprised if she authorized Rachel's friend's parents to stand in for her. Since LE permitted that ( or some other understanding ) arrangement, how can it be illegal? I bet it's not exclusive to this case. There are likely millions of immigrant parents in this country who do not speak English. IMO

Considering she was 18 at the time of the shooting I say she's 18. I don't know if its illegal or not but having the victims parents there with doesn't seem very impartial.

is GZ now 50!? He was young and fit enough in the "attack" to secure his gun and shoot said "younger and fitter" teenager. He only porked out sitting in hiding since.

In My Opinion

*mod snip* But since you mention it - yes. I do believe that there is a significant difference between a fit, athletic 17 year old and a sedentary out of shape 29 year old.

ETA: Sari Mods!

I find GZ's manner very calming and mild.. OMO

He seems stoic. IMO That is not understandable to people who expect wild emotional outbursts and unbridled hysteria. How dare he remain composed? TV and movies have taught us that he should have been crying and flipping out I guess jmo.

T
BTW, this defense doesn't work if the jury believes that GZ attacked Trayvon Martin - so someone can't come up to you, attack you and then shoot you. The person has to be behaving lawfully at the time they feared for their life.

I guess basically, no, your scenario isn't a legal one, IMHO.

Was there any evidence that it was TM who first attacked Z? I would be interested if there were any that came from other sources, NOT Z, for goood reasons.

If we go by the timeline, it was Z who first spotted and then followed TM. What was illegal that TM did that night?

Wasn't TM entitled to SYG, which is lawful?

Say if I were TM, what did I do that night that was illegal? These are sincere questions.

These are all my opinions/questions, of course.

GZ gets out of SUV
Dispatcher: "Are you following him?"
GZ "YES"
Dispatcher: "ok, we don't need you to do that."
GZ. "OK"

Now GZ seems to understand the message. Pretty clear. Why do people want to bend this statement to fit their beliefs is beyond me.IMO

So far I see nothing that would make me vote guilty. I think George was a busy-body, and that annoys me. I think he was stupid for following Martin. And I believe Trayvon started the fight. I believe Zimmerman was being beaten and he shot in self-defense.

So far, I don't see the monster the media made me think I would discover during a trial. I find the media's bias and behavior in this case just unreal. I didn't know Trayvon didn't still look like he did at twelve.

I also don't believe a word that RJ said. I think she was being cagey and didn't want to be found or testify because she egged Martin on into a fight. I find it very odd that she would never try to get a hold of Trayvon more than once after she thought he might have been in a fight. I'd be hysterical wondering if my friend were ok. She acted like she didn't even care. That's odd. I think she knew Trayvon was going to jump the guy or something.

So far...I'd vote not guilty. The state might have something up their sleeve, so I'll just say so far I'd vote not guilty. But it would have to be something really good for me to believe that Zimmerman didn't fear for his life.

My two cents. My opinion only.

GZ gets out of SUV
Dispatcher: "Are you following him?"
GZ "YES"
Dispatcher: "ok, we don't need you to do that."
GZ. "OK"

Now GZ seems to understand the message. Pretty clear. Why do people want to bend this statement to fit their beliefs is beyond me.IMO

We aren't. At least I am not.. It was a suggestion and one he said he took and started walking back to his truck..

But even if he had not, he did nothing wrong by being out there and was breaking no law. OMO

Was there any evidence that it was TM who first attacked Z? I would be interested if there were any that came from other sources, NOT Z, for goood reasons.

If we go by the timeline, it was Z who first spotted and then followed TM. What was illegal that TM did that night?

Say if I were TM, what did I do that night that was illegal? These are sincere questions.

No, there is no evidence who attacked who first. This is why, IMHO, I would be very interested to hear about the recent histories of each of them, to try to get clarity on who would have been the most likely to have thrown the first punch.

There is only GZ's word.

Please remember if you have a problem with a post to hit the alert button in the upper right hand corner of the post. Please do not address the problem on the forum. Let the moderators handle it.

Thank you.

PS. Please Remember to add, "In My Opinion"

I find GZ not credible in this Hannity interview, IMO.

What are the chances a 17 yr old boy was skipping?

He says TM was cutting between houses, what does that mean in this development? That is the only reasonable way to get to a house, is to go through the openings between the buildings. According to other witnesses, that was quite common for people to be walking dogs behind the buildings.

This story about looking for an address is BS, IMO. He purposely gave the NEN dispatcher a made-up address, that seemed clear to me on the audio recording.

This reaching for the phone story and getting punched in the face does not match his LE interview, IMO.

No, there is no evidence who attacked who first. This is why, IMHO, I would be very interested to hear about the recent histories of each of them, to try to get clarity on who would have been the most likely to have thrown the first punch.

There is only GZ's word.

Along with his injuries, the fact that he was screaming for help, A neighbor saw TM beating him and that he knew that police would be there any minute, That all makes sense to me.. OMO.

The answer to your question is because he didn't have to. He has every right to be outside if he wants to.

Also, maybe he didn't want to lead the "creepy" guy to his house where the other child was.

Maybe he hid first.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Maybe he hid first."

Precisely. IMO TM hid in order to jump GZ instead of running back to the apartment after which he could have called 911 if he was indeed afraid.

IMO neither party did anything illegal up to the point where punches were thrown

IMO

I find GZ not credible in this Hannity interview, IMO.

What are the chances a 17 yr old boy was skipping?

He says TM was cutting between houses, what does that mean in this development? That is the only reasonable way to get to a house, is to go through the openings between the buildings. According to other witnesses, that was quite common for people to be walking dogs behind the buildings.

This story about looking for an address is BS, IMO. He purposely gave the NEN dispatcher a made-up address, that seemed clear to me on the audio recording.

This reaching for the phone story and getting punched in the face does not match his LE interview, IMO.

I believe he said he address was that of the club house.

Sounds like TM may have actually been up to something, casing houses or whatever and that's why he was so enraged at GZ, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm