George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for GZ saying he doesn't regret having the gun or getting out of the car. Imo he did nothing wrong and nothing illegal, unless the state can prove he initiated physical contact with TM...but I don't see that happening. jmo

You know I think this is what upsets me the most about GZ. He thought TM was "suspicious" now he knows he was walking home from the store.

And there is still no regrets? Seriously, somebody's child is dead. And all this started because you were wrong. I'm willing to believe that they were both wrong that night, but evidently GZ thinks that he did nothing wrong.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fighting is common, brawls are common, most males take it on the chin growing up anyway, it's packing a gun and shooting dead an unarmed person that's frightening and needs to be deterred by the law, i.e. reckless killing, unless it is clearly in self-defense, that's what the trial is about ultimately, IMHO. Will this trial set a precedence for all of us? Hmm..

Well, people who don't wish to be physically assaulted would be justified in carrying a weapon since brawls and fighting are common.

People do get beaten to death, or beaten until they lose significant brain capacity a lot. In Austin, the downtown area bar district has been the location of a lot of assaults, some have led to immediate death and some have led to lifelong impairment - and in my opinion, a gun would be a very handy thing to have there in the wee hours of the morning. I think people who are assaulted are justified in shooting their assailant.

IMHO.

Grace promoted on her show the disbarred and criminally responsible former Durham DA Mike Nifong when he tried to prosecute three innocent men in the Duke Lacrosse Rape Hoax.

Thank you (and I agree).

Casing houses? If you don't mind me asking how did you come to this conclusion? And how do you know Trayvon was enraged? We know Zimmerman cursed and called Trayvon a "*advertiser censored***g punk" and said he looked drugged but what proof (other than the testimony of the defendant which is obviously in his own favor) do you have Trayvon was enraged?

How do you know Zimmerman didn't jump out and try to apprehend Trayvon but Trayvon instead fought back and got the best of Zimmerman?

Just curious as to how you came to your conclusions...

GZ said he was looking in windows.

If he was up to no good, it would explain why he was seemingly so mad at GZ for interrupting whatever he was doing. (I believe he attacked GZ). This is opinion, as I stated before.

Does anyone know who the State's Attorney for Seminole County?

I'm just curious because BDLR is Assistant State's Attorney for the Fourth Judicial Circuit of Florida - and Seminole County is in the Eighteenth judicial Circuit.

Was he appointed as a Special Prosecutor?
I'm pages behind so this many have been answered.

State Attorney Norm Wolfinger was the SA for the Seminole County area. He resigned. Angela Corey was appointed Special Prosecutor. (I think but have not link for it, so IMO) BDLR works for Ms. Corey.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/newswildcard1/zimmerman-trial-angela-corey
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin[/ame]

Along with his injuries, the fact that he was screaming for help, A neighbor saw TM beating him and that he knew that police would be there any minute, That all makes sense to me.. OMO.

The neighbor saw only a part of this, he didn't see it all. IMO, I believe that TM saw the gun way long before he thought TM saw it. I believe TM most likely fought to keep GZ from using it on him. There was a struggle for it. TM wasn't armed, GZ was, he was armed going to the store, which I kind of wonder why, but anyways, it is what it is. Maybe the neighbor saw TM on top "pounding away", but he didn't see it all, maybe TM was trying to keep GZ from shooting him. Again, this is just my :twocents:. TM isn't here to tell his side of this story, but we do know that TM ran away from GZ and GZ pursued him.

Fighting is common, brawls are common, most males take it on the chin growing up anyway, it's packing a gun and shooting dead an unarmed person that's frightening and needs to be deterred by the law, i.e. reckless killing, unless it is clearly in self-defense, that's what the trial is about ultimately, IMHO. Will this trial set a precedence for all of us? Hmm..

The idea that GZ was originally charged with murder should have been a deterrent for those who are determined he should walk. I fear for the safety of those in AA communities if GZ is convicted as originally charged. There could be repercussions toward white Latinos as well....If GZ walks so easily.
It's a very volatile situation either way...and shameful in the circumstances !! IMO

Stay on topic, be nice to each other, and know the rules.

Tricia has to leave for a bit and I'm checking in as time allows. I don't have time to warn members and send PMs of explanation, so be on your toes!
:saber:

ME graduated in 1971, went to London then back to US for residency
Was assoc ME for 19 years in Miami

What makes that urban though? Was the beating of Victoria Lindasy, the Florida cheerleadr, (also on youtube, caught on tape) an urban beat down as well? I'm confused as to what classifies something as "urban"

This has nothing to do with the case. Please move on.

You know I think this is what upsets me the most about GZ. He thought TM was "suspicious" now he knows he was walking home from the store.

And there is still no regrets? Seriously, somebody's child is dead. And all this started because you were wrong. I'm willing to believe that they were both wrong that night, but evidently GZ thinks that he did nothing wrong.

It started because TM attacked GZ imo. GZ did nothing wrong and should have no regrets. I don't think he should be apologetic for defending himself and having his life ruined by a situation caused by TM. GZ is someone's child too. What happened is in the past whether he feels bad or not imo.

Help me out here! Who were the 3 people's characters she attacked? Was she almost disbarred? I honestly don't know, maybe I'll google it.:truce:

missmazzy, you don't have to go far just Wikipedia. Twice chastised the the Georgia Supreme Court , one by the Appellate Court.

Sorry I meant to say "twice chastised by the".

I'm not. The poster was being passive aggressive in it's use of the word "urban". Not trying to tell you how to run your board but if we're discussing the trial usage of words such as "urban" which tend to have a racial connotation shouldn't be allowed either because it allows one side to throw rocks and hide their hands so to speak..

Then what you should do is hit the alert button on that post. It's in the upper right hand corner. It's a red triangle. I am going to remove the post about "urban beat down" since it is getting in the way of the discussion.

If you feel you see a posts that violates our rules and somehow disrupts the discussion please alert. That's the only way we quickly remedy the situation.

IMO

The crux of the matter. IMO That sort of arrogance is borne of superiority and a bullying nature. IMO

I believe it all happened because TM jumped on GZ. If TM had chosen to sprint home, or call 911 (like GZ did), or simply choose to AVOID GZ then that teen would still be breathing IMO.

IMO

I agree from the beginning he said Trayvon was up to no good, and that he was on something. It reminded me of the body language lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm