George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No More Discussion of "Urban Beatdown".

Also if anyone has a question about a members post, if that member answers your question, please move on.

Our goal is to talk about the Zimmerman trial and what is going on right now.

We won't allow posters to get bogged down in areas that have no bearing on the case.

Thanks,

Chief Medical Examiner just said GZ's injuries were "insignificant"!!!!!

No link, just on the air.

But again.. this is personal belief and not LAW. That is what we are working for here.. Did he break the law or not?

OMO

Yes. Of course he broke the law. He admits as much. That's not the question. The question is did he have a reasonable excuse.

Zimmerman admits to shooting and killing a kid, but he is claiming that he did not follow TM or otherwise provoke the conflict, that he did not start the fight with TM, and that he had no possible choice other than to kill TM.

The jury will have to decide these things.

Do they believe GZ when he claims he wasn't following TM?
Do they believe GZ when he claims he was attacked and knocked down at the T?
Do they believe GZ when he claims he was punched in the face 25 times?
Do they believe GZ when he claims his head was repeatedly slammed into concrete?
Do they believe GZ when he claims TM tried to smother him?
Do they believe GZ when he claims TM was simultaniously coving his mouth, pounding his head, and reaching for his gun?

They might believe these things, but really there is no reason to do so at this point. And if they don't believe them, lacking any OTHER evidence such as Zimmerman testifying, I see no way for them to arrive at anything other than a guilty verdict.

IMO

Yes. Of course he broke the law. He admits as much. That's not the question. The question is did he have a reasonable excuse.

Zimmerman admits to shooting and killing a kid, but he is claiming that he did not follow TM or otherwise provoke the conflict, that he did not start the fight with TM, and that he had no possible choice other than to kill TM.

Do they believe GZ when he claims his head was repeatedly slammed into concrete?
Do they believe GZ when he claims TM was simultaniously coving his mouth, pounding his head, and reaching for his gun?

They might believe these things, but really there is no reason to do so at this point. And if they don't believe them, lacking any OTHER evidence such as Zimmerman testifying, I see no way for them to arrive at anything other than a guilty verdict.

What did I miss? I don't think I've heard GZ ever say he broke the law -

IMO

What law did he "admit" to breaking?

I can't believe the woman just said "insignificant injuries" 2 or 3 times. If someone punched her in the nose and gave her black eyes would she say the injuries were "insignificant" and just brush it off? I hope the defense tears her apart. IMO.

Plus if those head injuries had caused bleeding in the brain and death they would hardly be "insignificant". People have dropped dead from popped vessels during far less traumatic events. IMO

GZ I shot him but I don't know where?
Did you look at him after you shot him?
GZ NO, never looked back.

Does this make any sense?
Not in my thinking IMO

IMO

How did G.Z. break the law? He didn't break any laws...IMO

Aren't attorneys supposed to have superior reasoning skills? Does the SA think GZ could possibly have known if his injuries were life threatening, or if TM would stop beating him?? So absurd imo. How long would this Dr. be comfortable with her head hitting concrete before she'd want someone to help?

I think MOM will have fun with this testimony.

Did this dr do the autopsy or is she just testifying about GZ?

GZ I shot him but I don't know where?
Did you look at him after you shot him?
GZ NO, never looked back.

Does this make any sense?
Not in my thinking IMO

Mine either. You know he said also that he didn't even know if TM was dead....after claiming he handled him after death. ( after he shot him ) IMO

I can't believe that any teenage boy would state that he was fearful of another guy while talking to a "girlfriend". They are usu full of bravado and boasts. That's what I find wrong with RG's testimony. I believe that TM would call GZ a "creepy --- -------". That is what any teenager would say to a friend. IMO.

Love the minimization of these injuries. Lol I guess he should have been thinking "well, my head's hitting the concrete, but I'd better let him continue until I reach unconsciousness."

Would the ME say his head gently came in contact with the sidewalk? imo

This is not the Medical Examiner who conducted the autopsy but merely a State's expert witness, is that correct?

This is ridiculous...

The seriousness of the injuries doesn't matter at all...

What do you think the point of having a CCW is?

The point is to save yourself from serious injury...IMO

jmo but how do you disregard the bruising and swelling there?

The idea that GZ was originally charged with murder should have been a deterrent for those who are determined he should walk. I fear for the safety of those in AA communities if GZ is convicted as originally charged. There could be repercussions toward white Latinos as well....If GZ walks so easily.
It's a very volatile situation either way...and shameful in the circumstances !! IMO

Agreed, which is why laws should be color-blind - it cuts both ways. Taking the emotions out of this, it should really boil down to was Z or wasn't Z acting recklessly when he killed TM? Not if he had good evidence to prove he was acting in self-defense. So far, a few bruises from a 2-min fight do not look like justification for using a lethal weapon against TM.

IMHO.

This also makes no sense to me, if TM had his hand over GZ mouth/nose how could he be yelling for help?

This story told by GZ interviews just does not make sense to me. I keep watching the trial on TV thinking that something will make sense and it never does.

And then the part where he claims to have his head being beaten on the sidewalk and he shoots TM, but the body is far away from the sidewalk and he does not explain it in the interviews.

Also, I guess he can shoot someone who is above him and not get any blood on his clothing?

See, that's what is making my hinky meter go off.

IMO the "yelps" people heard may have been the helps being yelled through a hand. You can still get noise out with a hand on your mouth. Try it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMEAMG