George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... The pathologist testified that GZ's injuries are consistent with perhaps a single strike against concrete (which could have been sustained in a fall), but that it's not consistent with having been repeatedly slammed against concrete, as GZ keeps insisting happened to him. I think this is a point that's been brought up on this board before, and it's interesting to hear some official testimony in that regard.

She also says that the injury to his nose is, again, probably from just a single blow, and not repeated blows, as GZ claims (unless the repeated blows were without any force).

"Very insignificant," in her words, and GZ wasn't incapacitated in any way, etc. She wouldn't even use "slamming," to describe any contact he had with the concrete; she'd use "impact."

I'm a little amused that MOM is trying to get her to say it's consistent with 2 shots, which is still nowhere near the 25 to 30 punches GZ claimed.

I've never been punched in the nose, but I would think you would be stunned after that and maybe fall backward? That could explain how he got on the ground in the first place.

No, it doesn't indicate which party initiated the fight, even the defense isn't making the case that Z's "injuries" were potentially life-threatening. Forensics weren't able to establish that TM threw punches at Z, since there were no marks on his hands/knuckles, no DNA of Z on TM's person at all. Another vexing detail. IMHO.

TM had an abrasion on his knuckle according to this witness.

The only problem with that is that he had large lumps on the sides of his head and cuts on the back and side.. That can not occur in ONE blow.. OMO

I'm having problems with those side lumps, they could have always been there, we have no pictures of GZ bald head before all this happened to make the comparison.

GZ said he felt like he was going to pass out, or whatever word he used, however, he refused to go to the hospital to get checked out.. He knew he was bleeding from his head and yet was able to walk, talk and not complain about his head or go get it checked out???? Doesn't make sense to me. I would go to the hospital if I felt my head was being pounded into the concrete.. :twocents:

He did not refuse. The police said they would take care of it and did not let him go with EMT's.

I don't remember who testified to that, maybe someone can help me out..

He did go to the DR himself the next day. I am not sure how long he was at Police station getting interviewed.

Some opinion, mainly fact.

IMO the lack of seriousness of GZ's injuries speak directly to a main point - no way GZ needed to use the force he did and this is why the jury will find him guilty.

IMO If GZ hadn't "Used the force he did," at the time he did, he would be dead.

George said that his head was on the sidewalk and his body was on the grass, IIRC.

Your avatar - a woman lighting a cigarette off of a cake candle on, apparently, her hundredth birthday - is the shizznit!

John also said they were partially on the sidewalk and partly on the grass, as well.

Thank you....I did look it up and since Robert Zimmerman's book is all about the bones of this case, I can't see how it does not have a strong bearing...for him to rush to finish it ASAP et al as well. Most who follow true crime are familiar with preferential treatment of family members who are acused of serious crimes, when the defendent has associations with the judicial system or LE...or even a political figure. Albeit I am focusing upon this case right now and don't wish to go off on a tangent about others who prove examples. No offense....IMO
So in your line of thinking, having the President of the United States come out and say "my son could have been TM" (or whatever he said), that could also have prejudiced this case greatly?

I apologize if I offended anyone..

I just don't see fact that supports that GZ wanted and willfully killed TM. I don't see it. And all the points people make to support it seem to start with.. " I feel" I have feelings but I am basing them off of facts in evidence.

I have not seen a fact based case that supports the PROS yet. Right now I see a case that is being poked full of holes.

To me the evidence has to lead us and there is nothing that makes GZ out to kill TM. OMO

BBM: That is not accurate. Plenty of people have asked questions, cited evidence, backed up their views with evidence, on numerous occasions. What I am saying is it's really not fair to paint "the other side" with such a broad brush. I would say that to both sides and in any trial. I have not seen many people start their posts with "I feel".

I understand what you are saying about your position on this case. We just disagree and it has nothing to do with "feelings". :truce:

Not in N.C., you take a course, pass a test, and you get a CCP. When I voiced concern to a deputy about walking my dogs in our rural area, outside city limits, I was advised as long as I didn't conceal my weapon, I should just strap on a holster and wear it when I walk. My concern was about loose, possibly aggressive pit bull type dogs attacking me or my dogs.

Im I the only one who finds it disheartening that the advice given to you was to "carry a gun" to deal with pit bulls?
Can't the cops deal with the dog owners? Or if they are strays can't animal control take care of them?
I know government moves slow and it gets frustrating waiting for action to be taken, but it just seems kind of hopeless that the answers seem to more and more be "arm yourself".
We are broken :facepalm:

The ME under cross sticks to her guns. She established that the wounds on the back of GZ's head were not only " insignificant" but caused by exactly one single contact with the concrete.
There goes Self Defense, right out the window...she emphasizes minor injuries. IMO
I did a double take with she demonstrated right there in the court room how the little nose injury was consistant with a person hitting their own self in the nose...She held her own hand up in a fist and struck herown nose to show how the injuries would line up with what Zimmermna had. W O W !!! Put a fork in him! IMO

He did not refuse. The police said they would take care of it and did not let him go with EMT's.

I don't remember who testified to that, maybe someone can help me out..

He did go to the DR himself the next day. I am not sure how long he was at Police station getting interviewed.

Some opinion, mainly fact.

They offered to take him and he refused. He went to the doctors the day after because his work wanted him to get a note, in so many words. I don't remember the exact wording :blushing: He didn't go on his own accord, he was told to go..

Do you have a link?

"Coach Jerome Horton said the young man was one of the best players on his recreational team — the Wolverines based at Forzano Park in Miramar, Fla. But Trayvon, who played for Horton from age eight to 13, would sometimes have to sit out because his father would bench him for mistakes made off the football field."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/11/trayvon-martin-profile/1761373/

Looks like he only played until he was 13.

About time we heard some factual information about the 'killer' concrete.
Hey GZ, go buy the biggest bandages you can find and put them on your head please.
How about a knuckle bandage GZ? IMO

Attachments

• knuckle_large.jpg
    knuckle_large.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 4
Not according to him. He was walking back to his car when he found TM.

He CLAIMED he was walking back to his car.

There is nothing to prove otherwise at this point to me. It is just supposition at this point that anything else happened.

OMO

There is all kinds of evidence to indicate that Zimmerman is lying about this. Specifically, the location of the body and all the stuff lying around it. If you want to know where the fight happened, look for TMs phone and ear pieces.

Zimmerman says the fight started at the T and that he was knocked to the ground with the first punch. At least one, and possibly both of these two claims are demonstrably false. And if he's wrong about this there is no reason to believe his other claims.

IMO

It seems very clear to me that MOM must have photos of George's healed head, which will make it clear the ME is wrong in calling those bruises and lumps as a normal part of GZ's skull.

IMO If GZ hadn't "Used the force he did," at the time he did, he would be dead.

IMO - None of his injuries were life threatening, so I will disagree with you. He used deadly force when it was not necessary and again, that (along with a few other reasons) is why the jury will find him guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member