George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ME under cross sticks to her guns. She established that the wounds on the back of GZ's head were not only " insignificant" but caused by exactly one single contact with the concrete.
There goes Self Defense, right out the window...she emphasizes minor injuries. IMO
I did a double take with she demonstrated right there in the court room how the little nose injury was consistant with a person hitting their own self in the nose...She held her own hand up in a fist and struck herown nose to show how the injuries would line up with what Zimmermna had. W O W !!! Put a fork in him! IMO

Sorry, That is just supposition. She has no way of knowing that for a fact. I have kids with skinned knees that may all look like one injury but I saw them tumble and know they hit in more than one place at a different impact.

Sorry. I don't think she makes sense.

Look at his head.. He has bruising and cuts on different sides of his head. OMO

BBM: It's not a fact that GZ was screaming for help, it could have been Trayvon. JMO

Just a question....from the very beginning GZ has said he was yelling "help me".
That is confirmed by the recording, the person screaming is yelling "help me". I can't say for sure who it is, or if it is both, but it sure seems like GZ is telling the truth in this instance. IMO of course.

I have cared for people on ventilators who were reduced to a vegetative state after being beaten. The two that come to mind are one man who was hit on the head with a fist and another who was hit on the head with a brick. Whenever I see a fight, I get absolutely hysterical and scream "You could kill eachother!" because people can be, and are, beaten to death, unfortunately. And I made this clear to my sons while they were growing up. I don't know if many people feel this way, but it only takes one punch... That's why I would fear for the life of anyone who was being hit. MOO.

No. What they said was that they saw someone on top and THOUGHT it was TM because GZ must have been bigger based on a picture of TM at 12 years old. One said she could not tell who was on top in the dark.

There is no clear witness evidence except the guy who came out of his house and looked right at them there. He says TM was on top. He had a clear view and was not hiding in his house.. OMO

If I am not mistaken, and I am fairly sure I am not, the woman from Colombia who spoke Spanish said the person in the red and black jacket was on top.I believe she was referring to Mr. Zimmerman.
I consider her to be credible and truthful. IMO I am as eager as the next person to have an accused convicted on the evidence and not emotion. I don't have a dog in this race, except i do not like to see a victim's death be minimalized. And I also believe that in this country, a person should be convicted only on the evidence. It's just that some of us disagree as to just wat the evidence is. IMO That does not make us wrong. Just looking at evidence from an equally valid viewpoint, IMO.

Considering she was 18 at the time of the shooting I say she's 18. I don't know if its illegal or not but having the victims parents there with doesn't seem very impartial.
She told the police she was 16 at first, did she not?

Does anyone know why O'Mara is questioning the State's ME regarding Zimmerman's injuries when she did not physically examine Zimmerman in the aftermath of the incident? I don't believe actual physical injuries can be accurately discerned from mere photos.

Because the State called her.

Just my personal opinion, but what about if you're thinking that you're going to lose consciousness and feeling as if your head is going to explode?

Btw, I see you are brand new. Welcome to WS!

Thank you!:tyou:

If that was happening to me, and I shot someone, I would immediately go to the hospital where they would verify my injuries, eg. a concussion. I will likely be showing signs of injury, eg. inability to walk straight, sitting on the ground, dazed demeanor, etc., symptoms that would indicate head trauma, which will be witnessed by others.

The problem is without the signs of greater injuries than a couple of bruises, there is no proof that such punishment was received that would merit the immediate shooting of an unarmed person, especially under 2 minutes of scuffling. It also assumes Z was completely defenseless and was unable to return punches, even though he was heavier, bigger than TM, and trained in MMA and shooting.

So it is still down to Z's words, and their credibility. To me, his description of all these 25 blows and repeated slamming against the concrete didn't seem to match his real life injuries, and that could hurt his defense.

The M2 charge really rests on those few minutes, and whether he was justified in shooting an unarmed stranger based on the evidence of his injuries or lack thereof.

Just my :twocents:

Im I the only one who finds it disheartening that the advise given to you was to "carry a gun" to deal with pit bulls?
Can't the cops deal with the dog owners? Or if they are strays can't animal control take care of them?
I know government moves slow and it gets frustrating waiting for action to be taken, but it just seems kind of hopeless that the answers seem to more and more be "arm yourself".
We are broken :facepalm:

We live in an extremely rural area, long response time is usual, one animal control officer for our county. We are in the county, don't believe we even have a leash law. Not sure though. The dogs I was referring to are chained. But after coming upon them one day, the way their were restrained frightened me as to the strength and security of the line as they were jumping, snarling, and pulling on their restraints. One of those long lines strung between two trees. I was asking about the reliability of carrying bear spray as my safety measure. If an aggressive dog or dogs break free to attack, there really isn't time to wait for a deputy response. Right now I'm thinking of the woman in California a few months ago, who was attacked and killed by a couple pit bulls in her daily walk in a rural area. The deputy advised me that he didn't think simply carrying bear spray would ensure my safety. My point in mentioning this was, it is legal in many states to carry a weapon, unconcealed.

Forensics weren't able to establish that TM threw punches at Z, since there were no marks on his hands/knuckles, no DNA of Z on TM's person at all. Another vexing detail. IMHO.

The woman just said he had an "abrasion" on his knuckles near his ring. That is consistent with the wounds sustained by punching someone. IMO.

Just a few questions/observations:
Did the CC & R's of the community allow for placement of video cameras on the outside of the townhouses?
Being the "Watch Commander", GZ would have known the CC & R's, and whether video cameras were actually allowed to catch the "incident". JMO

TM had a full front pocket on his hoodie, with a bag of Skittles and a can of Arizona fruit beverage (those cans are big). GZ said he saw TM go for his (TM's) waistband in one of his interviews (IIR). I just don't see having something bulky in your front pocket, but concealing "something" in your waistband. On a cold, raining evening, I think one would have both hands in their pocket, earbuds in your ears, hood up. Does that make sense? :scared: And I think a teenager would be hard pressed to "run", risking the appearance of looking "silly" with a large can in his pocket flopping all over the place or holding it in his pocket while he ran, it's a "teenager" thing. JMO

I'm kinda taken back by this TM was looking at GZ from under the porch where the mailboxes were. If it was raining, wouldn't you seek shelter until it subsided? And if a vehicle stopped in the vicinity, wouldn't you look towards it if it remained for an unusual amount of time? JMO

I just get frustrated with the logic that from the get go, TM was "up to no good", "on drugs" when all it was, was a teenager going to and from a store to get his soon to be step brother some Skittles. JMO

And the standard test for THC does find THC within a 30 day time frame. I know because I was responsible for collecting "samples" at our place of work to be tested at the local lab. But that's neither here nor there....there is no set behavior as to how a person acts under the influence of "THC", in the dark, in the rain. Mute point. "On drugs" is a pretty broad statement. IMO

If I am not mistaken, and I am fairly sure I am not, the woman from Colombia who spoke Spanish said the person in the red and black jacket was on top.I believe she was referring to Mr. Zimmerman.
I consider her to be credible and truthful. IMO I am as eager as the next person to have an accused convicted on the evidence and not emotion. I don't have a dog in this race, except i do not like to see a victim's death be minimalized. And I also believe that in this country, a person should be convicted only on the evidence. It's just that some of us disagree as to just wat the evidence is. IMO That does not make us wrong. Just looking at evidence from an equally valid viewpoint, IMO.

But that was after the shot and is consistent with GZ's account that after he shot him he climbed up on him and spread his arms..

I don't think his death is being minimized. I think we are all sad for TM and think his Death was horrible. I think we just want to make sure that conviction comes only after proof of the crime.. OMO

IMO the legal standard doesn't matter because the jury is made up of human beings and they can see what most of us can...GZ used deadly force when he didn't have to.

I don't think we can judge whether deadly force was necessary when we weren't physically there nor were we the victim of the beatings. It's Zimmerman's perception at the time of the beating that matters not what you and I think in our analysis. The legal definition for self-defense calls for Zimmerman's perceived fear not our interpretations.

can someone familiar with Florida help me out, Im trying to understand who the Onus is on. Is it like any other case where the defense just needs to prove reasonable doubt? or because its self defense do they need to prove some level of it.

GZ did the right thing by getting out of his car imo.

I am not sure about that, I am still on the fence but I don't think he did anything wrong by getting out in his own neighborhood. I don't think he was at fault because he got out.

OMO

IMO nothing says "I'm sorry" like a seven figure settlement.

IMO, given the atmosphere surrounding the case, the quickness of the lawsuit by the parents, the settlement instead of trial was smart. Given the small burden of proof in civil cases, the chance that the award would have been great. I would h\ave paid too, if I had tthe money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm