George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He did not refuse. The police said they would take care of it and did not let him go with EMT's.

I don't remember who testified to that, maybe someone can help me out..

He did go to the DR himself the next day. I am not sure how long he was at Police station getting interviewed.

Some opinion, mainly fact.

LE testimony indicated GZ was repeatedly asked if he felt he needed to go to the ER (in is in an LE document) and he persisted in saying no.

IMO

He killed an unarmed teenager coming home from 7-11

Would you feel the same way if this was your kid?

That is incredibly simplistic. IMO.

He killed a guy who was beating him as the evidence seems to show at this point.. OMO

GZ did the right thing by getting out of his car imo.

I don't know if he did the right thing but he certainly had a right to get out of his own car. It's called freedom of choice. :)

I don't think we can judge whether deadly force was necessary when we weren't physically there nor were we the victim of the beatings. It's Zimmerman's perception at the time of the beating that matters not what you and I think in our analysis. The legal definition for self-defense calls for Zimmerman's perceived fear not our interpretations.

IMO, it's not what you and I think, it's what the jury thinks

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned....

At the time of the beating, there was no way for GZ to know if Trayvon had a weapon or not...that is reason enough to fear for your life if someone is on top of you...imo

Maybe you would maybe you wouldn't if you had just shot someone and wanted to make sure the police got what they needed to understand what happened.. I think I would be way more concerned with what happened than my head at that point.. OMO

The police would want to have you taken care of first, then get the story. If GZ's story remains true, why would he worry about giving it to the police instead of going to the hospital? He was injured, and he was saying TM kept pounding him in this face and slamming his head to where he was losing consciousness. If that were me I would go get checked out, there could be internal bleeding going on, then I would give the police their statement because I would know what happened..

IMO the legal standard doesn't matter because the jury is made up of human beings and they can see what most of us can...GZ used deadly force when he didn't have to.

IM sorry, The legal standard is all that matters. If not it is all emotional. That is the part that is really irrelevant to the law.

OMO.

"The law is reason, free from passion." Aristotle.

IMO, given the atmosphere surrounding the case, the quickness of the lawsuit by the parents, the settlement instead of trial was smart. Given the small burden of proof in civil cases, the chance that the award would have been great. I would h\ave paid too, if I had tthe money.

No, no. I meant that I hoped the networks had to apologize to GZ in the form of a great big financial settlement.

IMO
And her boss gave her pictures to diagnose injuries of someone she has never seen much less examined
IMO

This is common in many cases. Experts are paid by both sides. Most prosecution experts work with prosecutors and are paid by the State. It's part of their prosecution department. Defense experts are paid by the defense and are usually independent and can be from all over the place.

In addition, it common for experts to look at pictures and give their opinion. Both sides do it. The defense will be doing it in their CIC.

:twocents:

I have cared for people on ventilators who were reduced to a vegetative state after being beaten. The two that come to mind are one man who was hit on the head with a fist and another who was hit on the head with a brick. Whenever I see a fight, I get absolutely hysterical and scream "You could kill eachother!" because people can be, and are, beaten to death, unfortunately. And I made this clear to my sons while they were growing up. I don't know if many people feel this way, but it only takes one punch... That's why I would fear for the life of anyone who was being hit. MOO.

My husband was in a car accident in 1980 and put his head through the sunroof. He was in a coma for 10 days and still has cognitive difficulties. However, at the time of the crash, all he had was an injury to his forehead. The damage was internal and couldn't be judged by just looking at him.

If GZ was hit over and over, without defending himself, he could have been irreparably brain damaged. IMO, he was right to stop the attack when he did (and no, I am not advocating murder so don't suggest it).

IMO

If he started a fight like TM did (imo) and was killed, I'd look in the mirror to see where I went wrong as a parent, I wouldn't blame the guy defending himself. But my kid wouldn't be out in the dark in the rain buying snacks for an unsupervised 12 year old while on a 10 day suspension from school. I'd be monitoring him like a hawk. Also, I'm not one who believes GZ was out to kill a "kid" that evening. I also wouldn't sue the HOA, but that's just me.

Nothing to exclude four blows to left side of head?

"It's possible"

Same for right side?

"It's possible"

Nothing further :twocents:

IMO

he did not know he was unarmed at the time. A can of soda and candy in a hoodie's pockets would have produced a bulge imo.

BBM: It's not a fact that GZ was screaming for help, it could have been Trayvon. JMO

IMO, I believe it was TM screaming for help. The screaming stopped immediately after the shot. The horrible pictures that were shown of TM's body show his mouth wide open and eyes wide open as if in fright. I believe TM was screaming right up until that bullet pierced his heart and collapsed his lungs. MOO.

he did not know he was unarmed at the time. A can of soda and candy in a hoodie's pockets would have produced a bulge imo.

Which would make getting out of your car and following him not a good idea.

IMO

TM had an abrasion on his knuckle according to this witness.

Yes, a small abrasion, but no Z's DNA, so no evidence that abrasion was result of physical contact with Z. For all the smashing and banging and punching, no blood, DNA of Z on TM except on his waistband? All extremely strange and quite impossible to fit the story of such a life-and-death struggle...

MOO:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members