George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this just occurred to me, and may have already been posted.

It's curious that RJ was so quick to dismiss the altercation she heard over the phone as "just a fight".

Hmm. If I were a girl and overheard what appeared to be a fight involving my friend, I'd be VERY upset and worried. Unless, of course, this happened so frequently that it was business as usual. Just another day.

IMHO, of course.

And to me it inferred that TM had been in fights before so she was not worried..

OMO

however, This case is about current law so your feelings about that can not come into play..

I think that is the problem. Many of us may have points about the case that we where we don't agree with the law.. but it is the law and how justice is measured.

I think that is what is making it so emotional for so many.. Their personal view on the law.

OMO

So true, the thing about the law is to an extent it is left to interpretation. That's why we have trials and jurys; to interpret the law. Though it is written we don't always translate it the same so everyone is going to have a different view on how it should be applied. Most people interpret the law in a way that benefits THEIR biases. imo

Responsible parenting aside, I believe they are good people.

I think the father was honest when he said that the yelling what not his son. That must have been hard. And now I am guessing he must be replaying in his mind what he should have done with Trayvon as to parenting issues. I know I would be.

And Trayvon did not need to start a physical fight over it.

After the surprised Zimmerman said he wanted no problems (paraphrasing), the information that he was Neighborhood Watch would have come out...imo. But, Trayvon choice violence in that situation. If Zimmerman had wanted, he could have pulled his gun as soon as he got out of the car. He did not. And I don't think Trayvon would have jumped a man pointing a gun and had a quick back and forth conversation with him before punching him....at the least he would have gone for the gun....just common sense.

And with Trayvon's school issues, why did his father leave him alone, and not at least ground him. Plus let him know that there was a Neighborhood Watch and to be aware of it.

A neighborhood watch person has no authority over any one, they are not the law. I'm sorry, but since when do people need to be aware of neighborhood watch?

GZ also didn't need to engage in TM either.. :twocents:

IMO Most of GZ's story has been debunked by medical evidence. A broken nose and exaggerated head injuries aren't a basis for SYG when you are the AGGRESSOR with a loaded gun.

Respectfully snipped.

IMO

Virginia Rao, the doctor from Duval County, said the following:

There were at least three impacts.

She didn't know how GZ was hit.

TM has abrasions on ring finger and pinkie.

A person can have injuries that don't leave marks.

In my opinion, it makes more sense that a round head would not show two marks on different planes from one hit. Also, the fact that George was possibly at an angle, with his head on the cement (man, that lady went NUTS about calling cement concrete, or vice versa!) and his body on the grass, might make a difference in how the injuries were located.

All my opinion, except what is italicized.

I do not support laws that allow civilians to carry firearms with a loaded chamber, regardless of the safety features on that firearm.

So people would just carrying revolvers. Pull the trigger once and the chamber rotates instantly and is now "chamber loaded". If GA banned carrying chamber loaded I would simply go with the .38 revolver, just as fast and easy as a semi-auto just less shots.

Semi-autos take a lot more effort to load and also require 2 hands which means especially for women (or men that may have attackers close to them in public) they would be nearly useless as carry weapons.

I believe that the indebtedness/creditworthiness policies of law enforcements agencies are related to minimizing the possibility of graft. They want financially stable people in LE in order to minimize the possibility of misusing power for personal financial gain if someone gets into money trouble. Seems like a sensible policy to me.

Very much so, A policeman's character must not be seen to be lacking, as in not reliable in meeting their obligations.
And as to " petty calls " , they have been linked and posted here several times, including a petty call to report A POTHOLE...now I ask you, why does NW member report that to LE? A normal NW member would not. That goes to Public Works or another agencey. IMO

To my way of thinking this case is clear cut- George called NEN about a suspicious person. Let's assume for a moment Trayvon was a suspicious person, which I do not believe. He calls NEN and is told not to follow Trayvon, but he does not listen. His BS about getting out of the car to find an address is BS. He knew that complex like the back of his and AND TRAYVON DID NOT. Also, if you listen to prior calls you hear him giving an address very quickly to NEN. I think he continued to follow Trayvon because he wanted to act out his wannabe cop fantasy; he wanted to hold Trayvon for the police but Trayvon resisted and George shot him and made up his BS story; he clearly knew SYG law from his classes and his father was a magistrate. He has given several different versions of the incident. Oh, and where are the bushes that Trayvon allegedly came out of ? there were no bushes in the area of the alleged attack by Trayvon. George thought of himself as the Sheriff of the condo. George was a loser; he was not even accepted to be a policeman. He thought Trayvon was a and he was going to collar him. Trayvon fought back. Without the gun it would have been a fistfight. Trayvon did not know this loser had a big ol gun ready to fire and fire it did. I hope he goes to prison. self defense? no way.

I live in Kissimmee (Sanford is on the other side of Orlando from me) and agree. I have personally overheard local conversations and seen quite a few tweets threatening violence if GZ is not convicted. Having been through something similar in Miami (the May of 1980 riots in response to the McDuffie case) which was A LOT closer to my residence (my school was actually in the heart of where the riots took place) and am quite concerned for the residents in the Sanford area.

Then again I may be fearful due to my past experience and nothing will come of it at all (if that is in fact the way the case turns out).

we have a job starting in Miami on the sixteenth that last for six weeks and I have to say, I'm a little anxious about things I've seen on twitter and Facebook.
It really irks me to see people throwing around scenarios as if they are fact in this case because of all the tension that already exist. IMO it is reckless and dangerous.
Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

If GZ is found not guilty, I have a feeling Trayvon's parents will make a public plea for peace in their community. They are fine and responsible people, and riots/burning etc., would not be something they would want.

I HOPE you are right.

Very much so, A policeman's character must not be seen to be lacking, as in not reliable in meeting their obligations.
And as to " petty calls " , they have been linked and posted here several times, including a petty call to report A POTHOLE...now I ask you, why does NW member report that to LE? A normal NW member would not. That goes to Public Works or another agencey. IMO

Maybe it was a huge one. One that would cause lots of damage.

I know an officer and found him for my brother because he has a side business. When my brother asked him about calling for things he said.. " ALWAYS CALL." We can easily either figure it out or work it out.

I don't think someone calling NEN for reporting is ever a nuisance.. Not really. OMO

I don't think so. I think if he had seen him while on the phone, He would have said.. I SEE HIM!!!

OMO

I don't think he would have said that, I think he wanted to confront TM. :twocents: IMO it sounded like GZ wanted off the phone fast, otherwise why not just stay on while going back to your car like he originally said. He wanted them to meet him at the car, that was where he was heading, per GZ, correct? Why change where to meet? Why make it harder than it should be? Then if the police had to call GZ back to find him, now GZ is going to have to give his location all over again. :twocents:

I just find that unbelievable, IMHO. This is a boy on his third suspension from school, and his dad brought him to Sanford to try to rein him in a little and get him away from bad influences. IMHO on that, although I remember reading it, but can't link so I'll call it rumor.

I just can't reconcile - because to my knowledge, there aren't named teachers who have come forward in disbelief that he would have done this. There's only his "side" saying that was his reputation. Something about a full ride to college, 3.6 GPA, 600 community service hours (maybe, but why was the service performed?). Considering the school counselors and neighborhood moms haven't come running out to say what a darling boy he was, and now his school records have been sealed.

There was a coach from his middle school days who said he was mild mannered. There are a LOT of mild mannered middle schoolers who turn into something completely different late in teens.

Everyone's life is precious, and his death is a loss, but it seems to be gilding the lily to make the kind of statements that are being made - and frankly, kind of unbelievable.

Full ride to what University, exactly?

IMHO as always.

Suspensions don't mean anything, you could be suspended for chronic tardies to class. It no way shape or form implies that he was a violent "" or out of control child. If so I'm sure he'd have a juvenile record by the age of 17. No one is making him out to be a lilly but some posters are talking about him as if he were some type of hood gangbanging dude. NOT THE CASE. He was a regular teenager who, like every single teenager on this planet, got into a little trouble. Name me one perfect teenager and I'll make you the Queen of England.

Whayt gets me is how Zimmerman can have this record of physical violence (abusing a gf, fighting a police officer, throwing a lady when he was working as a bouncer) but that's okay. Somehow Zimmerman's proven record makes him a meek and mild person but people want to paint trayvon as vioent from nominal teenage activity.

A neighborhood watch person has no authority over any one, they are not the law. I'm sorry, but since when do people need to be aware of neighborhood watch?

GZ also didn't need to engage in TM either.. :twocents:

Let me remind you that there is no law against following someone.

IF Trayvon knew about Neighborhood Watch he might not have run, and then jumped and punched Zimmerman.

No, there is NO LAW YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT Neighborhood Watches. JUST common sense.

I don't think he would have said that, I think he wanted to confront TM. :twocents: IMO it sounded like GZ wanted off the phone fast, otherwise why not just stay on while going back to your car like he originally said. He wanted them to meet him at the car, that was where he was heading, per GZ, correct? Why change where to meet? Why make it harder than it should be? Then if the police had to call GZ back to find him, now GZ is going to have to give his location all over again. :twocents:

And again.. That is just supposition.

Since we were not there. But I am firmly in GZ's camp until someone proves it did not happen as he said, Because right now I see a whole lot of the STATES case, adding up for the defense.

OMO

I see that.. But to me if does not pull into question his character. Just his financial state..

Nothing about this case for me..

OMO

Oh, I absolutely agree with you. My response was meant more for those who expressed the opinion that having GZ money problems is somehow a character defect.

Let me remind you that there is no law against following someone.

IF Trayvon knew about Neighborhood Watch he might not have run, and then jumped and punched Zimmerman.

No, there is NO LAW YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT Neighborhood Watches. JUST common sense.

Nope there is not law against following someone, but looked what happened to that person who was being followed. I'm sure there is no law about jumping in a lions cage, but you are taking a big risk if you do. :twocents:

Neighborhood watch isn't suppose to confront anyone, simply call it in. I would wonder why a neighborhood watch would confront me, who is he to do that?

Suspensions don't mean anything, you could be suspended for chronic tardies to class. It no way shape or form implies that he was a violent "" or out of control child. If so I'm sure he'd have a juvenile record by the age of 17. No one is making him out to be a lilly but some posters are talking about him as if he were some type of hood gangbanging dude. NOT THE CASE. He was a regular teenager who, like every single teenager on this planet, got into a little trouble. Name me one perfect teenager and I'll make you the Queen of England.

Whayt gets me is how Zimmerman can have this record of physical violence (abusing a gf, fighting a police officer, throwing a lady when he was working as a bouncer) but that's okay. Somehow Zimmerman's proven record makes him a meek and mild person but people want to paint trayvon as vioent from nominal teenage activity.

I'm not saying Zimmerman is perfect. But no one is saying he is.

What is a concern to me, is what I've learned about Trayvon makes the statements that he was so very perfect . . .unbelievable. When I read cases I just want to know the truth, to judge them for myself, and painting him in this way just frustrates that process. If he was the kind of boy they're describing, it seems to me RJ would be very very concerned in hearing what she knew to be his involvement in a physical fight over the phone. Very concerned. IMHO And yet, she wasn't even concerned enough to try to call back later. IMHO

Virginia Rao, the doctor from Duval County, said the following:

There were at least three impacts.

She didn't know how GZ was hit.

TM has abrasions on ring finger and pinkie.

A person can have injuries that don't leave marks.

All my opinion, except what is italicized.

Actually what she said was the back of the head injuries showed One impact on the cement and she detailed as to why and said those " specks " were miminal or words to that effect and only required bandaids. As we have seen susequently, those injuries were by no means "serious." AND GZ showed no indication of pain whatsoever.IMO
Now, the Defense got her to say it might have been possible there was more than one impact on the sidewalk...possible , yes, but she had already testified in her expert evaluation that in this instance there was ONLY ONE.
Injuries with no marks were ever entered into evidence and were not even alluded to in what I watched of yesterday's testimony...other than perhaps speculation...there has not been any medical evidence re internal injury of any sort..and Chris Serino said he thought GZ had " exaggerated" his injuries.IMO I have already linked to that.

Nothing is to say if TM had scratches on his hand prior to GZ's attack . But none of the marks had any correlation to GZ's minor injuries.IMO
I did read that there was none of GZ's DNA beneath TM's fingernails. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member