George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread 9 (For Friday)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people that saw the video tape of Trayvon in the convenience store a few minutes before the incident commented that (in their opinion) he appears to be high. He moves slow, naturally he does not pull out money until the cashier rings up the $2 or so amount, then takes a rather long time to count out change, etc... When he leaves he starts going the wrong way and then turns around and heads to the door.

Obviously if he was getting high he was doing it at his father's fiancee's house since he was alone there with the other kid. The parents were gone and didn't come back for hours, then when they did come back they ask where Trayvon was even though he was gone all night. I have to wonder if they tried to call him? Does anyone know? Or did they just not care if the teenage son who was sent to stay with the father for disciplinary reasons was gone all night without notice?

IMO.

The first time I saw the video was in this trial and I agree Trayvon was acting odd. Good point.

IMO, the call the dad made the next day was really sad to me. He had no idea Trayvon had been killed. MOO :(

I'm not a fan of George Zimmerman either. It was obvious from the start that the person screaming was the person getting his azz kicked. Prior to the gunshot, only GZ had injuries from the attack. Would we ever see a person on top of another, throwing down blows, while yelling for help? In order to believe TM was on the bottom, you have to discredit witnesses that say it was GZ, ignore the blows to the back of GZ's head, his busted nose, and GZ's account of events. Believing TM was on the bottom goes against all the evidence. Nobody on top begs for help! All they have to do is get off!

I think you would if a gun was pointing at your vital areas. IMO

Legal folks say the defense will ask for the charges to be lowered today from Second Degree Murder to Manslaughter. They will also ask to have hte case dismissed.

If I were Zimmerman I don't think I would want to ask the judge to reduce charges, I would rather go for the higher charge OR have the charges dismissed. If he is found guilty to either there will be appeals and it is less likely the jury will convict him on second degree murder.

What do others think?

Legal folks say the defense will ask for the charges to be lowered today from Second Degree Murder to Manslaughter. They will also ask to have hte case dismissed.

If I were Zimmerman I don't think I would want to ask the judge to reduce charges, I would rather go for the higher charge OR have the charges dismissed. If he is found guilty to either there will be appeals and it is less likely the jury will convict him on second degree murder.

What do others think?

Hmmm. I don't think the defense can ask that the jury be forced to go lower or higher than the case the prosecution is trying. I think the prosecution gets to decide the highest charge they're asking for - that they're willing to support with evidence.

What do others think?

Well, manslaughter is part of the lesser includeds anyway so he could be convicted of that either way. So having the charges reduced in this case, IMO would be beneficial to him. Of course, the more ideal outcome would be to have the charges thrown out altogether.

How did the media first learn about Trayvon's death? Was it after GZ was found by SPD to be innocent?

Please tell me that if GZ is found guilty he will appeal and all the charges will be dropped?

I do not want an innocent man in prison.

So MOM is making his plea and the judge is flipping through papers, not even looking up occasionally. She isn't even listening to him.

What do others think?

I would tend to agree with you. I know I was very concerned when when they added manslaughter to the JA trial thinking the jury may convict of her that. As of right now, I personally am not convinced this is 2nd degree beyond a reasonable doubt but I could potentially see a window for a manslaughter conviction; I wouldn't want that opportunity but I'm not versed on all the nuances. IMO

I don't think he expects this judge to side with him, obviously. She won't even give the defense the time of day. But this argument and motion is going to be on the record for future appeals when necessary. JMO

How did the media first learn about Trayvon's death? Was it after GZ was found by SPD to be innocent?

Well, a PD can't find a person guilty or innocent, but yes, it was after it was decided by LE that there wasn't enough to charge him with anything and they let him go free.

Trayvon's family went to the media when they found out that the case was not investigated (according to them) and along with them they brought the little kid pictures.

They said that Trayvon was murdered in cold blood because of his skin color etc.

Many people that saw the video tape of Trayvon in the convenience store a few minutes before the incident commented that (in their opinion) he appears to be high. He moves slow, naturally he does not pull out money until the cashier rings up the $2 or so amount, then takes a rather long time to count out change, etc... When he leaves he starts going the wrong way and then turns around and heads to the door.

Obviously if he was getting high he was doing it at his father's fiancee's house since he was alone there with the other kid. The parents were gone and didn't come back for hours, then when they did come back did they even ask where Trayvon was? I have to wonder if they tried to call him when he didn't come home all night? Does anyone know? Or did they just not care if the teenage son who was sent to stay with the father for disciplinary reasons was gone all night without notice?

IMO.

BBM: Tracy has said that he called TM and didn't get an answer. He also called a nephew or cousin that TM was known to hang out with every time he came to visit and again got no answer. He assumed the two were together because they were really close and had just been together the day before. It wasn't until the next morning, when TM wasn't present for their drive back to Miami, that Tracy started to panic.

Did the defense attorney just say that some of the witnesses said maybe TM moved on his own after the gunshot, maybe he didn't? I don't think any of them said that - in my opinion.
On another note - I know it's standard for defense to request acquittal, and for all attorneys to talk a lot but this is one of the longest run-on sentences ever - in my opinion.
No wonder he needed some sips of water!

Trayvon's family went to the media when they found out that the case was not investigated (according to them) and along with them they brought the little kid pictures.

They said that Trayvon was murdered in cold blood because of his skin color etc.

They also brought along 2 rabble-rousers to stir up the community. At that time, no one outside of LE knew all the details. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth