George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm lost. This guy on the stand??? TM's dad called him a mf'er?

I agree with you - call the cops and report anything you think is suspicious in your neighborhood. Don't follow, don't pursue. I am certain RZ regrets doing that to this day. As far as having his weapon? He has a permit to carry, he is not in the wrong with carrying a weapon. All MOO.

It's against HOA rules for a NW person to carry a weapon. GZ made the decision to take his loaded weapon with him when he left his vehicle.

The State of Florida is trying GZ for murder so that quite pointedly clarifies that what he ultimately did was illegal.

That's not true. He was not required to stay in his vehicle. GZ did nothing wrong as far as I can tell. Exiting a vehicle does not warrant a physical skull-smashing attack.

A skull smashing attack requires medical attention usually in the ICU. The 'boo boo' was less than 2 cm long and required no stitches or medical attention. Lets not get carried away here.

Snipped by me

(I also do not think this thread will last....should we start a pool as to what day it will be yanked? Just in opening statements and I already feel the tension :scared:).

This thread will last as long as everyone acts like adults and post wisely.. just a FYI..
No need for a poll.

Why wouldn't this thread last? We been through several high profile cases here at Websleuths and theres always been a healthy discussion. We have a long way to go. Everyone needs to treat this like any other trial. Stay with the facts and treat all of the members with respect. :)

Even if it was self defense, GZ put himself in this situation, not TM. TM did nothing wrong from the get go. GZ is the one who pulled the trigger, this would NOT have happened had GZ simply stayed put in this car. He assumed..

But that is not the law. Even if he put himself in the situation, if he is getting hurt to the point of fearing his life, he was a right to defend it with deadly violence.

Remember everyone has the right to voice their opinion.

Race is a factor in this trial.. please do not make it one here.

NO BASHING OF FELLOW POSTERS

NO NAME CALLING

NO RACIST REMARKS

IF YOU SEE A POST PLEASE ALERT DO NOT RESPOND TO THE POST

PLEASE DISCUSS LIKE ADULTS...WE UNDERSTAND THAT RACIAL ISSUES WILL BE BROUGHT UP DURING THE TRIAL AND CAN BE DISCUSSED HERE WITHOUT MAKING WEBSLEUTHS A RACIAL FORUM!

Using equal force, not deadly force.[/QUOTE]

BBM So interesting. I believe this speaks to self-defense, but I also think when you are in fear for your life, you are allowed to use deadly force? Any lawyers here? MOO

So a teenager can't kill or try and kill someone?

He certainly did not look like a kid.
Obviously, you misunderstood what I said. I never said a teenager couldn't kill.

Someone said Trayvon wasn't a kid. Legally, he is and was. He had JUST turned 17. Those are the facts. Other teenagers and the crimes they commit have no bearing on this case.

I have seen no evidence except being pleased with what he did. According to his attorney's there is no remorse or guilt either. at least they haven't mentioned it and they mentioned everything else.

I think he is glad he "got one of the punks" off the street in his mind.

Just wow. I don't think he is at all pleased with this. I have seen nothing that shows that. I have seen remorse.

I think he was going back to his car, got jumped and beaten badly and defended his person at this point. Nothing to show me what you see.

Even if it was self defense, GZ put himself in this situation, not TM. TM did nothing wrong from the get go. GZ is the one who pulled the trigger, this would NOT have happened had GZ simply stayed put in this car. He assumed..

So just because he put himself in this situation he should have his nose broken and his head beaten in the sidewalk?

If TM would have behaved himself and just gone on home like anybody else would have done instead of trying to teach some guy a lesson this would not have happened.

A skull smashing attack requires medical attention usually in the ICU. The 'boo boo' was less than 2 cm long and required no stitches or medical attention. Lets not get carried away here.

It's a serious situation to have someone attacking a person like that. I don't know how anyone could justify or minimize such an attack.

O/T - how I wish the judge in the Arias case wouldn't have allowed speaking objections!!

It's against HOA rules for a NW person to carry a weapon. GZ made the decision to take his loaded weapon with him when he left his vehicle.

HE was not on a NW time. He was on his own time. With a permit to carry legally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela