George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does that make it worse? It lends to his credibility. HE knew that TM did not live there. That is what caught his attention. He saw this guy standing on the lawn of his friend and knew he did not belong there.

I've not commented here because its getting a little tit for tat imo but here goes.

So if I or anyone else happens to be standing on a friends lawn that immediately makes me/them suspicious?
Not imo, people stand on my lawn all the time, people I don't know....it makes no difference to me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

And GZ deserved to die for it? This is the ultimate question.

Is following a person reason to for the person being followed to potentially kill the follower? There is a line, and it seems to have been crossed. Self-defense has to be proportional force. Someone following you is not a reason to physically assault them or smash their head into the sidewalk, as alleged.

Like GZ, TM most likely felt his life was being threatened and was defending himself but didn't have a weapon.... We do not know who threw the first punch, but we do know that GZ put himself in the situation, which could be dangerous..

WE HAVE A REAL TIME TRIAL THREAD GOING IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON INSIDE THE COURTROOM

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213221"]Zimmerman Real Time Trial Thread Only - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Im sorry but this was no child. This was a big young adult. He was bigger than GZ most likely stronger and had him on the ground beating his head into the ground.

GZ was following a guy. A big guy, who was where he should not have been when he first saw him.. square on his neighbors private property. HE calls police.

He did the right thing.

My son's best friend was over 6 feet in 7th grade. It didn't make him any less of a child because of his height. Trayvon has barely turned 17, he was still a child, teen, minor.

IMO he needs to go to prison. We can't have people like GZ walking around killing people for walking while black in a hoodie!

So you really think the cause of him shooting was that TM was black and wearing a hoodie? The attack against GZ had nothing to do with it?

Does anyone know if GZ was an actual MEMBER of his communities Neighborhood Watch program? And why does the media refer to him as the "self-appointed captain" of the NW?

He deliberately and coldly took 3 actions. He unholstered his gun. Chance one to give a warning. He worked the trigger to get it in firing position. Chance two to give a warning. He fired point blank in the chest of a child. No more chances and a dead child.

Of course he deliberately planned on hurting someone. Did he expect bubbles to come out of his gun? No. He knew he was shooting a child to death.

ETA there was a third chance. He could have fired into his leg or arm. But no, he went for the kill of an innocent child
Firstly, do you think you'd be capable of saying, "Hey, stop, I'm gonna shoot you" as someone is sitting on your chest, beating your head into the sidewalk (allegedly)? I'm not sure how feasible a warning would have even been in that situation.

You use deadly force to stop the threat. It is not intended to wound. If he merely wounded TM, the question would be "If you were in such fear of your life, why did you only and purposefully shoot him in the limb?"

This also ignores that there's pretty much no way Zimmerman would have been able to aim with any sort of precision in the position he was allegedly in. In that instance, you shoot at the biggest part of the body - the chest.

How come nobody is talking about the trial that is going on right now? Is anyone watching?

I am watching...but those first 2 witnesses were basically a non-factor for me, and I am kind of wondering myself what was the point? LOL!!

respectfully, should we speak to intent with such certainty? How can anyone know what someone else intended? least of all, us.

My points are in evidence not conjecture. He saw TM, He called Police, He gave a description. HE kept them under surveillance for Police until he lost him..

He was not hunting him. He was not looking to kill him. I just don't buy that.

That's GZ claim. Doesn't mean it happened.

So did George punch himself in the nose repeatedly until it broke and then started bashing his own head into the pavement and then came up with the story of being attacked?

Not a chance.

For Heavens sake, we are just now getting to the 911 operator and how many threads now have ya'll been discussing whether or not he was "told" to stop following him. Can we move on with each witness and their testimony? Now is a good time for ya'll to discuss it, not for the last 2 hours or more.

I've not commented here because its getting a little tit for tat imo but here goes.

So if I or anyone else happens to be standing on a friends lawn that immediately makes me/them suspicious?
Not imo, people stand on my lawn all the time, people I don't know....it makes no difference to me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

At night, in an area where burglaries were committed and the person standing there in the rain fits the profile of people who committed the burglaries...yes, that would certainly be suspicious. It's just common sense.

actually, the prosecution pointed out that trayvon was tall and lanky. skinny. he was not the one in good shape, in this instance. GZ was 205 lbs of muscle, having been in MMA training for an entire year prior.

at best, there is absolutely zero way of telling which one could run the fastest.

GZ had a fully developed mind and twice as much life experience, negotiating skills etc as TM did. Mind could have won over matter.

How does that make it worse? It lends to his credibility. HE knew that TM did not live there. That is what caught his attention. He saw this guy standing on the lawn of his friend and knew he did not belong there.

Trayvon had every right to be on his friends lawn. If GZ was allfired concerned he could have knocked on the door and ask if the owner knew TM. Or called police and let them handle it. Instead he went off like a wild west sheriff in the days of no law and order and followed this child then killled him.

This is false, he wasn't ordered to do anything. The 911 operator has no authority to tell GZ what to do. So no, he did not break the law then. He didn't even break the law following TM because that is not against the law.

Everyone keeps saying this. Is it really about authority?

Is there anyone here who would disregard "advice" given by a 911 operator? Unless it was clearly advice that would put you in some kind of danger because operator did not grasp the situation (which was not the case here).
Just curious.

Where I live 911 is not LE, they work from computer algorythms (sp?) based on the situation and dispatch to Fire, EMS and LE or any combination of the above required. The non emergency number of LE is answered by LE. You are expected to heed the advise of the 911 operator however regardless as the algorythms were designed by by police, fire and EMS protocol.

And he did, according to the recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member