George's testimony at trial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can't help but think back to GA and KC having a father/daughter moment at the jail talking about CMA.

How did KC ever get from referencing CMA having the best of all of them to accusing her father of molestation.

Makes no sense:maddening: imo

I saw this jailhouse exchange between Casey and her father too today, however, I don't think that at all means she hasn't been abused sexually.

Just because someone wants to be included in a family unit (and who doesn't? ) and therefore "play the role" being in the group so to speak, does not preclude that they would then change their mind when the heat turns up i.e. the death penalty is closer now to reality.

I thought on Mother's Day eve , that her lawyers probably told her, "it's either you or them" You can't have it both ways when she didn't allow her mother to visit her.

Of course I have no idea what the exchange was or when Casey changed concerning the tight family unit, but it appears to say she did and so did they.

As for molestation?

I can see it easily.

But that doesn't mean that I don't think CA is innocent of taking Cayley's life either. Both the evidence and the jury is still out on that one and supposedly the entire subject of the case against her until the lawyers changed the defense tactic to this one. "Not guilty by reason of ????"

I couldn't stand George's "drama queen" ways when he was lying for Casey, and I don't like it now, even though I find it despicable that his own daughter is doing this to him. Like Casey, he is able to go from "crying" to straight-faced in a matter of seconds. His emotions ring false to me, just like his daughter's. BUT, I do believe that he and Cindy loved that baby with all their hearts -- and I don't believe the DT's ridiculous new defense for ICA. This case was hard enough because of this poor, dead baby and her bereaved grandparents. Now it's almost nauseating to watch so much confusion, lying and trickery. Where is the justice?

I wrote this on another thread here as well. I think that the Defence is actually going to suggest that GA picked up the car and used it to transport Caylee's body. They've already made the outrageous suggestion that GA tried to frame KC so, why not throw the car into the mix as well. JA's "hypothetical" probably had the Defence chuckling today because they now know that the State hasn't fully understood the degree to which they (the Defence) are willing to try to take their STORY!

moo

BBM And that may be why Jose pressed George to admit the smell of decomp was stronger when he opened the trunk. I caught something that was said today that would greatly help the defense in that scenario, but I am not going to say it b/c I'm convinced they read here and I'm not gonna help them. :snooty:

I'm having a hard time believing everything George says because of his belligerance and attitude. He cannot just answer a question, he has to go into too many details that don't really help clarify his answer. I know Baez is pushing him, and he's not experienced enough to handle cross exam of a hostile witness, but still... George needs to calm down and just listen to the question and answer it without trying to explain. To me, that's a sign that someone is not being truthful, they are covering up or trying to mislead. (I've dealt with a few liars in my time.) One of the TH's today said George might be trying to get the jury to think he's lying so they will believe Casey, but I don't buy that, although it's possible.
Btw, if you listen to the TH's all day, you'll end up more confused than anything else.

How was GA to know that Amscot's video cameras weren't working or tapes would be destroyed or whatever it is happened to them? This jury will be called upon to use their common sense, and I believe they will.

The Defense has accused George of a terrible crime! Casey has sat there gloating with superiority. Now, she can sit and watch her own Father have to answer for what may be just another Casey lie. We already know, she believes her own lies. Words are cheap coming out of Casey's mouth. George, on the other hand, seems very credible. I tend to believe George more at this point. IMO, Defense better prove it because this tactic seems despicable and extremely cruel.

....................<CLIP>What George needs to do is tell it like it is.....

"We did call 911 that day."
"We called 911 THREE times that day"
"My wife even drove to the station THAT DAY"

also -

"I can only tell you that I sit here as a man who wanted so badly to believe the reason my daughter was MIA and not responding to my wife's request to bring the baby home was just angst...something that was going to blow over. Denial set in in that moment and ate me alive for the next year..."

Agreed - they are getting caught into the DT weave right now big time being defensivce as they will appear they are in as much denial/non-feeling as KC is being accused of. Yes, they may all share, but they wouldn't kill. Yet, the DT is REALLY REALLY showing that they will deny what is obvious to others as is KC and her 31 days of cover up. It's all starting to fit what the defense is doing, either WITH or without the Anthony family participating.

I'm having a hard time believing everything George says because of his belligerance and attitude. He cannot just answer a question, he has to go into too many details that don't really help clarify his answer. I know Baez is pushing him, and he's not experienced enough to handle cross exam of a hostile witness, but still... George needs to calm down and just listen to the question and answer it without trying to explain. To me, that's a sign that someone is not being truthful, they are covering up or trying to mislead. (I've dealt with a few liars in my time.) One of the TH's today said George might be trying to get the jury to think he's lying so they will believe Casey, but I don't buy that, although it's possible.
Btw, if you listen to the TH's all day, you'll end up more confused than anything else.

rbbm: Ain't it the truth :crazy: I don't listen to any media THs nor do I follow any of the media outlet THs. Although I do like that Kathy B is one heck of a bitting pit bull (said with respect too) to get to the truth and how she mostly can rattle the brain cells of the DT.

I view our peeps here who know their facts, have followed the trails, done excellent interpretations of the forensic evidence and our in house legal staff are leagues above the DT. These are the Talking Heads I listen to and respect. Peeps who don't change the evidence to fit their agendas. Like for ratings and money.

The Defense has accused George of a terrible crime! Casey has sat there gloating with superiority. Now, she can sit and watch her own Father have to answer for what may be just another Casey lie. We already know, she believes her own lies. Words are cheap coming out of Casey's mouth. George, on the other hand, seems very credible. I tend to believe George more at this point. IMO, Defense better prove it because this tactic seems despicable and extremely cruel.
yep, yep and yep! JMHO that yesterday when HHJP asked TL those pointed questions (with the jury removed), he was very serious and as a judge he would have been bound to have the "perp" taken into custody - IF THERE HAD BEEN A CRIME! It was a priceless moment when TL said no, she never really said anything about her father - just that he hit her.

There is no statute of limitations on sexual child abuse so GA could have been brought up on charges. He won't be - there is nothing there. TL just said as much. LA will do the same. So, it will be up to ICA to take that stand and try to get daddy in trouble - and JMHO it is not going to work.

I'm on the Fence about George. As much as I'd like to believe him and I think I do sometimes, I keep going back to the days in the beginning. Then I think he's trying to help KC. Remember when JB asked him on the stand not long ago, he said he would do anything even stay out of the courtroom to help his daughter.

I think the DT wanted him out so they could throw him under the bus, but it didn't work in DT's favor.

I want George to be there for Caylee, I'm just not sure he is.:confused:

My ever changing impressions ~ Finished watching GA's testimony that he gave about picking up the car at the tow yard just now. This was right before lunch break today. As he is answering the questions, he sounds calm. Then, when JA shows him pictures of the inside of the Pontiac, GA becomes noticeably introspective and it appears to me that he switched from being in a general frame of mind to very, very sad upon looking at those pictures. He almost cried.

What is it about the inside of the car that triggered his reaction? Caylee's car seat is in the back seat but the other items in the car are KC's. :waitasec: At times it seems like GA wants to blurt out the truth - it would be so much better if he did.

Now I'm back to wondering if Caylee may have died in the car (heat, overdose, etc) and GA knows that's what happened. :waitasec:

I want GA to stop being combative toward JB. If he would stop JB would look like a total @zz to the jury with his badgering. If GA can't answer a question with just a yes or no then say so but don't go into a huge explaination and never answer the question that was asked.
I'll bet CA is going to be treated just like GA by JB and when she is I hope GA leaves her out to dry just like she did to him today when he left the court room with his attonery and JA followed.
I believe with every fiber of my being that ICA was going to murder her parents in the begining when she was looking up all that stuff on the computer. Then she would have had her very own frat house and charge every room mate an arm and leg so that she wouldn't have to work, she could be the self appointed frat mother. I also believe that ICA and CA had a big fight on father's day evening and that changed everything. ICA really can't control her anger IMO and little Caylee took the brunt of her anger that evening. I can just see in my mind Caylee crying for her grandma and ICA getting pizzed to the point that she killed her. IMO ICA parents better be praying that that monster stays behind bars for the rest of her life so that she never hurts another innocent person.
I realize I'm rattling on here, but I have so much anger and sadness in me right now that I had to come and vent. Please forgive me.

Oh, one more thing. Why wouldn't George admit under questioning from Jose when pressed that the smell of decomp was stronger after he opened the trunk? He said it smelled like garbage. I don't get that.

I wondered about that too and came to the conclusion that in some crazy way he is still trying to protect KC.

Yes, GA is still trying to protect KC,IMO.I still think the A's may be working with the defense to create reasonable doubt.

I don't know if GA is truthful or not but watching him today it seemed he went out of his way not to answer some of the questions asked him. I do think he has an agenda but I don't know what it is. When asked why he didn't call 911 after smelling the decomp smell he said I was not thinking as a detective but rather a father and grandfather. Sure, that's true, but it seemed a convenient explanation. I believed he retired after many years in law enforcement. You don't forget your training even if it's personal. I think that's the time you remember it. I had an uneasy feeling about his testimony today.

I'm on the Fence about George. As much as I'd like to believe him and I think I do sometimes, I keep going back to the days in the beginning. Then I think he's trying to help KC. Remember when JB asked him on the stand not long ago, he said he would do anything even stay out of the courtroom to help his daughter.

I think the DT wanted him out so they could throw him under the bus, but it didn't work in DT's favor.

I want George to be there for Caylee, I'm just not sure he is.:confused:

I'm on the fence about George as well.

It would be WAY too risky of a defense strategy to suddenly "turn" on George without his and Cindy's prior consent. Cindy and George might want revenge and decide to finally tell the truth about KC's negligent parenting, how Cindy wanted custody of Caylee and what they knew/suspected KC had done when they found her car. And even though this would contradict their depositions and police interviews, it would make a whole lot more sense than the answers they'd given in the past and do a lot of damage to KC's defense.
I believe George and Cindy are completely on board with this strategy.

I wrote this on another thread here as well. I think that the Defence is actually going to suggest that GA picked up the car and used it to transport Caylee's body. They've already made the outrageous suggestion that GA tried to frame KC so, why not throw the car into the mix as well. JA's "hypothetical" probably had the Defence chuckling today because they now know that the State hasn't fully understood the degree to which they (the Defence) are willing to try to take their STORY!

moo

Dang!!! That would explain why the DT announced that there was decomp in the trunk. I'm beginning to think all the A's are trying to make the SA look like chumps. Why else would Jose sound like he was a prosecutor and making the SA's case for them?
O/T-Is it just me or did ICA not look like she was at a bar, looking to be noticed?

Dang!!! That would explain why the DT announced that there was decomp in the trunk. I'm beginning to think all the A's are trying to make the SA look like chumps. Why else would Jose sound like he was a prosecutor and making the SA's case for them?
O/T-Is it just me or did ICA not look like she was at a bar, looking to be noticed?
I don't think that GA is "in" on the Defence strategy at all! I think he is mortified and doesn't know what to do! BUT I do think that they are trying to implicate him as having hidden Caylee's body and that he might have used KC's car to do so. They are going to say that he helped her by eliminating the body but that he made sure that if any evidence ever surfaced that it would point to her. Hence...THE CAR. They are trying to PIN HIM TO THE CAR.

moo

ETA - Same thing with the duct tape. They're going to suggest that he also had access to the tape. They now have him on record as having stated that HE put the piece of duct tape on the gas can...So, is it such a stretch that he did the same on Caylee? And WHY would they do that? Because they're going to say that he was framing KC!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trina2025
Back