George's testimony at trial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Woe, he almost had me the other day.. Really, my doubts about him were totally fading away (and you know I share your doubts about CA and GA). Scary- I almost got tricked! I'm glad I decided to watch his questioning today.

That's what was happening to me when I tried to sleep tonight. Truly I don't want to dislike the guy. He's got the icky factor to me and thinks he's a sly guy. Then I think but I'm the only one and try to discover why - about myself that is. That's when I thought of how could he know Caylee didn't drown (he'd only know he wasn't there) and it starts all over again.

Do we still have access to the Greta interview in the backyard? He seemed 'off' to me then and that feeling never really left me. Still, that may mean he only has known something all along not that he did anything directly to harm Caylee (except in the aftermath which is terrible).

Good evening.

I am of the opinion it's not about the cans-- more about JB trying to catch GA in ANY inconsistent statements in depos and testimonies on any issues, to lay out in front of jurors and attempt to establish GA as untrustworthy.
Considering JB is trying to build his defense on the fact that GA is the evil mastermind in this sad case, he will try many tactics to get GA to appear untrustworthy at any slight chance he gets.

As for GA appearing very uncomfortable and twitchy: he is being questioned by the man who, for the moment unsubstantiated, accused GA of sending his daughter to school after first having her perform fellatio on him. In front of all the world to see and possibly doubt GA for the rest of his life.

Consider.

Welcome. :welcome5:

For me, it's not that. I mean that's very bad but he's always been like this.

Good evening.

I am of the opinion it's not about the cans-- more about JB trying to catch GA in ANY inconsistent statements in depos and testimonies on any issues, to lay out in front of jurors and attempt to establish GA as untrustworthy.
Considering JB is trying to build his defense on the fact that GA is the evil mastermind in this sad case, he will try many tactics to get GA to appear untrustworthy at any slight chance he gets.

Consider.

Agreed. JB made a fool out of himself after making a big circus with dates on the card boards and failing to produce any point to all that.

(Mods, moved this out of abuse thread as it is more appropriate here, promise I did not duplicate post :angel:)

There was a method to JB's madness today...

In George's depo, LE questioned him hard on the lawn thing, too. They wanted to know also if he had mowed his lawn between June 24th and August 1st, and GA was giving a huge round about story to them...finally, GA flew off the handle and told LE they were trying to confuse him.
Fast forward to today (yesterday)...If JB can get George to lie about the gas can, like LE kinda tripped GA up on the gas cans, he may be able to impeach George's testimony.

They will try to catch George in a lie again, I am certain.

Since his opening statement cannot be considered by the jury, the defense has to present evidence to back up their accident story-They only left themselves with two people, barring hearsay, that were present when Caylee "drowned"...George and Casey. They want to impeach George. Then, Casey will be the only one left and presumably she will have to testify, free and clear of George's counter argument.

Good evening.

As for GA appearing very uncomfortable and twitchy: he is being questioned by the man who, for the moment unsubstantiated, accused GA of sending his daughter to school after first having her perform fellatio on him. In front of all the world to see and possibly doubt GA for the rest of his life.

Consider.

But he had the same reaction during the depo and not toward JoseB, toward the state. To me it's just odd that out of all things going on in this case he keeps getting testy and accusing people of trying to "confuse" him in regard to these cans. He told the state the same thing back then- that they were trying to confuse him. So IMO it's not about him and JoseB butting heads it's that he's butting heads with everyone about these same cans.

I said that he was squirrely and argumentative not uncomfortable and twitchy. He was uncomfortable and twitchy the other day and I understand why, they accused him of horrible things. Today however he was squirrely and argumentative JUST like he was during the depo on this very issue.

:welcome:

(Mods, moved this out of abuse thread as it is more appropriate here, promise I did not duplicate post :angel:)

There was a method to JB's madness today...

In George's depo, LE questioned him hard on the lawn thing, too. They wanted to know also if he had mowed his lawn between June 24th and August 1st, and GA was giving a huge round about story to them...finally, GA flew off the handle and told LE they were trying to confuse him.
Fast forward to today (yesterday)...If JB can get George to lie about the gas can, like LE kinda tripped GA up on the gas cans, he may be able to impeach George's testimony.

They will try to catch George in a lie again, I am certain.

Since his opening statement cannot be considered by the jury, the defense has to present evidence to back up their accident story-They only left themselves with two people, barring hearsay, that were present when Caylee "drowned"...George and Casey. They want to impeach George. Then, Casey will be the only one left and presumably she will have to testify, free and clear of George's counter argument.

So why is his story different then the depo story? The depo he was angry they would even suggest he could be associated with that messy tape, how dare they think he'd ever put ugly tape on his can. Now he's saying he put the tape there after arguing about it for a darn hour.

Heelp me please.. I think I'm not getting something.

Welcome. :welcome5:

For me, it's not that. I mean that's very bad but he's always been like this.

ita and ONLY when confronted with the cans- nothing else has set him of like this. whhyy?

But he had the same reaction during the depo and not toward JoseB, toward the state. To me it's just odd that out of all things going on in this case he keeps getting testy and accusing people of trying to "confuse" him in regard to these cans. He told the state the same thing back then- that they were trying to confuse him. So IMO it's not about him and JoseB butting heads it's that he's butting heads with everyone about these same cans.

I said that he was squirrely and argumentative not uncomfortable and twitchy. He was uncomfortable and twitchy the other day and I understand why, they accused him of horrible things. Today however he was squirrely and argumentative JUST like he was during the depo on this very issue.

:welcome:

Thank you for the welcome! :)
Then, as GA appears squirrely and argumentative on this issue, I will hope the DT will question him again on it once it is their turn to present, and perhaps with other approaches, so they can hopefully illicit some clarity about it. It just, to me, seemed that the cross of GA on the matter this day was not yet effective.

:bump:

So how many of you think Baez is trying to get GA to lose his temper so he looks evil in front of the jury?

Will Baez succeed?

I think that may be JB's goal, but I also think George knows what JB is trying to do. I think the Anthony's attorney is likely giving both GA and CA pep talks on what's going on and how to handle it.

So why is his story different then the depo story? The depo he was angry they would even suggest he could be associated with that messy tape, how dare they think he'd ever put ugly tape on his can. Now he's saying he put the tape there after arguing about it for a darn hour.

Heelp me please.. I think I'm not getting something.

I don't know except to say that George was trying to cover for KC and confused himself with his own lies. My post was not meant to suggest otherwise, I was actually suggesting that the fact that he has flip-flopped is exactly why JB chose this topic to pursue so heavily today. He needs to find areas of GA's previous sworn testimony to put out there where he knows GA is apt to change his story, and then he can get to the nitty gritty of impeachment.
If GA had told JB the same thing today that he said in the depo, JB would have gone back to GA's original statements to LE, which differed yet again, and work him from that angle. GA sorta told two (or three) different versions, allowing JB to trip him up.
JB gave it a shot, but IMO GA got past it.

ETA-I get what you're saying, but I believe that GA was just being argumentative in the depo in order to help repair the damage he had done to KC, and if the state asked him if the sky was blue, he would have said it was brown, just to be contrary. JB likes that GA changed his stories, for KC or not. It gives him ammo.

I would be a blathering idiot if I were in a courtroom being "crossly" examined, no make that "grilled" by JB. When JB goes on the attack he reminds me of something evil and dangerous that needs to be restrained. I get very uncomfortable watching and listening to JB when he is trying to elicit the only response he wants to hear. I have not been a fan of the A's but I feel that GA was sacrificed to save ICA, and I can't imagine that GA made a deal with the devil and DT about sexually abusing ICA. It just crosses the line to use that. JB is badgering GA, and will continue to attack him without mercy. GA was not present, Caylee Marie did not die in an accident, she was murdered by ICA. The DT can disregard ethics but will to plead for mercy for ICA when it comes to sentencing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc1c0d-o5Ko&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

referencing the depo

JB is trying to give 'ownership' of the duct tape over to George. But imo, it does not work.

For example, we have a utility closet full of supplies and there are a few rolls of duct tape and electrical tape. ANY ONE in this house can use it, and then they put it back.

So IF GA had put some tape on the gas cans, then he would have found it where it always was.
If Casey used it she would have put it back again as well. JB is playing a game with his 'follow the duct tape' slogan. He fancies himself a Johnnie Cochran, but he ain't, imo.

One thing we should remember is that in the beginning when George and Cindy did not know anything they were in protect Casey mode and were not entirely forthcoming and or honest. We all knew this and saw examples of it repeatedly. NOW George KNOWS that Casey killed Caylee because he KNOWS he was not present the way the defense claims he was when Caylee died. So he is more prone to telling the truth now more than ever...

however;

there IS always the possibility that he is in on some plan for creating reasonable doubt...I guess we will have to wait and see.

I hadn't thought about that but you are right. If he didn't know before, he knows now that Casey is responsible for Caylee's death, that this has all been a lie from day 1, that after all he has done for her, she is willing to make him the fall guy, to send him to prison. He may become the defense's worst nightmare. I can only hope.

Good evening.

Consider.
GA seemed to have lied in the past in an attempt to protect Casey. Casey lies for her benefit.

The small duct tape on the gas can matches the duct tape found on Caylee. It also matches the tape GA used to hang up the posters.
If GA wrapped the tape around Caylee's head would he be so ignorant as to use the same tape to hang posters?

If GA wrapped the tape around Caylee's head would he be so ignorant as to use the same tape to hang posters?

Let's think Drew Peterson...a cop. Has Stacey yet been found? THAT'S how an LEO hides a body....not down the street from their house or in the trunk of their own car, where the body is statistically likely to be.

Okay, so if your gas cans are simply missing... you get more gas for your lawn mower... then you can mow your lawn.

He got new gas cans.

He got his old gas cans back.

He had from June 24th - July 15th before his Granddaughter was reported missing. Sure he had time to mow his lawn.

I guess I could see if they were trying to say he was doing yardwork instead of looking for Caylee or something. But he had 3 weeks before he knew she was missing.

WHY does it matter if he mowed his lawn from June 24th - August 1st?

We just mowed ours for the first time since October! Our Beagle literally got lost in the grass, couldn't even see her. The cops used our driveway to catch speeders because they thought the house was abandoned. :innocent:

What I am not getting, is why it matters when, or IF he mowed his lawn?

Is it just trying to show an inconsistent statement, or is there some meaning behind mowing his lawn that I am completely missing.

Okay, so if your gas cans are simply missing... you get more gas for your lawn mower... then you can mow your lawn.

He got new gas cans.

He got his old gas cans back.

He had from June 24th - July 15th before his Granddaughter was reported missing. Sure he had time to mow his lawn.

I guess I could see if they were trying to say he was doing yardwork instead of looking for Caylee or something. But he had 3 weeks before he knew she was missing.

WHY does it matter if he mowed his lawn from June 24th - August 1st?

We just mowed ours for the first time since October! Our Beagle literally got lost in the grass, couldn't even see her. The cops used our driveway to catch speeders because they thought the house was abandoned.

What I am not getting, is why it matters when, or whether or not he mowed his lawn?

Is it just trying to show an inconsistent statement, or is there some meaning behind mowing his lawn that I am completely missing.

Both, IMO.

If GA went and got gas between 06/24 and 08/01, the likelihood is that he placed the duct tape on the can after getting gas. But, in his depo, GA swore up and down that he did not put the tape on the can because he would not have placed it so sloppily (it was crinkled).
Who knows why he was so odd about who put the tape there, maybe he thought the state was insinuating something, maybe he was being contrary because by that time he and CA thought the state was public enemy #1, dunno.
But the back and forth has become inconsistent and JB knows it. He will try to exploit other cracks, IMO, because GA is the only other witness, aside from KC, in his opening statement story, so he needs to be eliminated/impeached.

ETA-And it wouldn't hurt the defense theory if the duct tape was tracked back to GA's possession last, but the state will cite GA's depo, where he said (ever so rudely) that it was not him that placed it.

Things that make you go Hmmm.
JB accuses GA of the most disgusting abuse of his daughter, then does not even mention it while questioning him. That alleged abuse, according to JB was at the root of all ICA's problems, but he doesn't ask him one question...

IMO, Baez is going to broach that line of questioning with him later. George is subject to recall, as we've all seen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NVWoman
Back