Geraldo Show 10/11/08 Interview w/ Baez

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patty, I'm always grateful for your links. Thanks for taking the time to do this for us! :)

After listening to the video, my comment/question would be to JB is this -

If you are so concern that all the tips are not being followed through, then why don't YOU and your posse take the initiative and start following up on some of these leads that you claim you are getting instead of passing the buck? Surely your client would permit you to leave the office long enough to look her child, no?

Thanks for posting the clip cause I had missed it.
Ok, I can tell by the clip that Baez's voice was changing tones indicating nervousness and that with his continued stuttering all leads me to believe that he (Baez) knows Caylee is dead.
Please try not to get upset gang, hes a defense attorney and as this procedes he will be sticking up for Casey cause its his job. Thats all. Take it in and just let it out no matter how upsetting it is.

What did Geraldo mean when he said that JB was a better lawyer than his client(KC) deserves?
Sounds as if Geraldo is support hi "friend" JB but NOT KC...wonder what he really thinks?

Thanks Patty for posting this! I missedit last night.:blowkiss:They have been prepared from Day 1????

That is telling me he knew from Day 1 that Caylee was dead. JMO

Was that you going "wooo" in the background? Because I said the same thing at the same exact time. LOL!

What did Geraldo mean when he said that JB was a better lawyer than his client(KC) deserves?
Sounds as if Geraldo is support hi "friend" JB but NOT KC...wonder what he really thinks?

To me it sounded like Geraldo believes she is the guilty baby killing spiteful byotch we all believe (well, I guess I shoudn't say ALL).
:woohoo:

When JB gets the results :HBwhiteflag:

They already passed up the DEAL
So????

I just watched the interview (thanks Patty), and I saw a typical defence lawyer whining and spinning in an effort to swing public opinion back toward the client. The only difference is that JB has the worst presentation skills I have ever seen. He just cannot get his train of thought out in a comprehensible manner. Doesn't bode well for trial, JB!

Yes, Geraldo has some fairly strong opinions toward the whole Anthony camp, including the little mother. Cindy was extremely rude to him when this story broke, as she was to Greta at first. Mean and boorish and hostile and then some. He also tends to form opinions about guilt or innocence in criminal cases when the evidence starts to come in. He makes little effort to conceal his beliefs.

I would like to hear him explain if there are tips from multiple sources stating that Caylee is in, say, Nevada, California and Texas at the same time. I highly doubt that all the tips are from people that have seen Caylee in the same general area.
Also, at the end it seemed that Geraldo said something derogatory about KC (can't remember exactly what it was) and JB said "You don't know the KC I do". Does he really think he is so special that only he knows the real KC? Maybe he's deluded himself into thinking she isn't lying to him but she is just trying to pull the wool over his eyes like everyone else she comes into contact with.
HOW IN THE HELL can he, or anyone KNOW Casey???
She lies/lied so much, constantly re-invents herself so much that her friends and family didn't KNOW her at all.
Gimme a break JB, snap out of it!

Yeah and most people wouldn't want to know her. He is all ga-ga over her. It's clear. No wonder he isn't wearing his wedding ring anymore. Casey probably forbade it.

Wow, Baez wasn't wearing his wedding ring on Friday?
Did he previously wear one?

This is VERY telling, imo. I have an anchor friend who waited years after his marital separation to stop wearing his ring on-air, because of how viewers react to stuff like that. As an attorney with a single and attractive client (seemingly known to seduce the men around her), there is a great need for him to appear married and not potentially swayed by her charms. (to potential jurors) For him to not wear it, either he lost it, the wife flushed it, or something else is going on, imo..

Going over the motions that JB "won"

Does JB expect Casey to be indicted by the GJ, JB isn't going to speculate...

Bashing GJ being one sided again.

Geraldo said it seems like you are setting up for an indictment even though it isn't fair! (GRR) JB said he has been preparing for it from day one and LE is in trouble for not following up on leads and tips (barf)

Does JB believe there is proof Caylee is dead, JB says he doesn't know until he reads the evidence.

Now I really am going to barf. It is apparent that JB has not read ANY of the documents provided to him so far. What a waste of an attorney he is

Talk about trying your case in the media - JB knows he can't claim at trial that LE didn't follow every lead because we know they did and they came up empty handed every time - so, instead, he's telling the public that there are Caylee sightings every day and they aren't being followed up on. What a crock.

This is total crap. There have been no CAYLEE sitings. There have been sitings of a little girl that APPEARS to be Caylee. Did no one hear the attorney say that most of the "sitings" come from Cindy?????

There has not been ONE siting of Caylee by anyone who has ever seen Caylee in real life. Period. My own granddaughter fits the description of Caylee, but she isn't Caylee and never has been.

IMO by this time in this case JB should not have needed any information from the prosecution. He is lazy and letting them do all the work. In the real world a good attorney would by this time know as much if not MORE than the prosecution in order to keep one up on them.
I truly think KC has spun a web and he has let himself be caught in the middle of it.
I still can't get over that display of LOYALTY to KC last night even Geraldo blushed by it. I am sickened by this whole group of bozos!!

Could Baez lie any more???? Wonder what he is going to do when his "experts" find the same thing that the experts did? Maybe Kobi will be like Wecht and Lee and be holed up in a hotel "waiting" to testify but never being called?

Could Baez lie any more???? Wonder what he is going to do when his "experts" find the same thing that the experts did? Maybe Kobi will be like Wecht and Lee and be holed up in a hotel "waiting" to testify but never being called?
Yeah, it kind-of makes you think he and KC are soulmates. The funny thing is that if she didn't need him for this case I don't think he's the kind of guy she would give a second glance too. IF by some miracle she wins her case she will be off to some secret location with her book and movie money. She will have plastic surgery, dye her hair and live it up. JB will be left with nothing but a broken heart...cause she can't pay him.

IMO by this time in this case JB should not have needed any information from the prosecution. He is lazy and letting them do all the work. In the real world a good attorney would by this time know as much if not MORE than the prosecution in order to keep one up on them.
I truly think KC has spun a web and he has let himself be caught in the middle of it.
I still can't get over that display of LOYALTY to KC last night even Geraldo blushed by it. I am sickened by this whole group of bozos!!

Baez admitted during the motions hearing that some of his requests were of the routine variety and some were "off the wall." He did not say off the wall but I don't recall his words.

The rules of criminal procedure do not mandate that he file a memorandum of law, or a brief to argue his point of view in these routine & mostly "boilerplate" type motions.
That being said, I was shocked:eek: that, in attempting to blaze some uncharted territory, he wouldn't voluntarily submit a memorandum of law to back up his request.
Just because the rules do not require it to be included, doesn't mean he cannot do it to bolster his position.

jmho:)

What got me was when JB said that LE was in trouble for not following up on leads that they have. He stated that he has the names and numbers of the people who have called in sightings, and no one has called them back. LE has only focused on KC from the beginning, and has not done their job. Uh, maybe because of all the LIES KC told them, or the 31 freakin days it took her to call in(even then SHE did not call). Come on, I understand putting up a good defense, but JB acts like a school boy defending his crush!!Wonder if she was unattractive, heavy and not so "charming"......:slap: :furious:

Baez admitted during the motions hearing that some of his requests were of the routine variety and some were "off the wall." He did not say off the wall but I don't recall his words.

The rules of criminal procedure do not mandate that he file a memorandum of law, or a brief to argue his point of view in these routine & mostly "boilerplate" type motions.
That being said, I was shocked:eek: that, in attempting to blaze some uncharted territory, he wouldn't voluntarily submit a memorandum of law to back up his request.
Just because the rules do not require it to be included, doesn't mean he cannot do it to bolster his position.

jmho:)

Oh, he's a Cracker-Jack attorney. All his has done is whine just like another famous attorney who lost his high-profile case.

What got me was when JB said that LE was in trouble for not following up on leads that they have. He stated that he has the names and numbers of the people who have called in sightings, and no one has called them back. LE has only focused on KC from the beginning, and has not done their job. Uh, maybe because of all the LIES KC told them, or the 31 freakin days it took her to call in(even then SHE did not call). Come on, I understand putting up a good defense, but JB acts like a school boy defending his crush!!Wonder if she was unattractive, heavy and not so "charming"......:slap: :furious:

Could he say ANYTHING more stupid than that? Cindy screamed that LE did not follow up on the siting of Caylee at the airport, but it's very CLEAR in the documents that they DID follow up on it thoroughly. He has NO IDEA what LE has followed up on or not since he obviously has not read any of the documents provided to him and to the public. He should be out deposing these people instead of whining about how LE isn't doing their jobs when they obviously are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member