Germanwings Airbus crash 24 March #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is befuddling to me for the media to keep stating that passengers knew nothing until the final seconds. It is a single isle aircraft, doesnt that defy common sense? I think anyone in an isle seat, watching and hearing your captain banging on the office door, while the aircraft is descending 45 minutes into a two hour flight , on a clear day, with changes to engine noises - I am sorry, but I think every sole aboard knew something was very amiss..................................imo

I agree with you most of the planes I have been on are Airbus A320's there is no way the passengers didn't know something was going on.

HOw nice I thank you. You know what I realized (casue yesterday those numbers really messed me up) It seemed they confused or like mixed tenure and flight hours. Casue yesterday wasnt it reported 10 years and the low flight hours. My first thought was my goodness this guy is not flying much? BUt today we find out he had only been with them for several months right?

I hate to sound like this , but it occurred to me this "blur" might have been deliberate, 10 years experiecne in terms of public is markedly different than was hired a couple of months ago. THe break in training is also pecular - casue it would result in you having to like "resume" a step back, casue they would have to assure there had been no loss of skill set over such a long peroid of time.

28 is pretty old to be living with mommy and daddy in a way no? Kind feels like there were some stalls getting into adulthood?

thanx again jg that was nice!

JMO-It's really not particularly odd in Europe for unmarried 28ish folks to still live at home. It's not all that unusual in America either these days.

I don't know if he had an apt that he might have used occasionally or shared. Many pilots do this.

Pilot named as Patrick sonderheimer

Sonderheimer was married and the father of two children. His co-worker, Dieter, told Europe 1 that Sonderheimer was a “good man” with a nice sense of humor.

ah closed window lost link

I think the statement was made that passengers were not heard screaming until the end of the tape. CNN has pointed out that what was recorded was recorded through a closed door. IOW much of what was happening in the passenger compartment wouldn't be heard until it got loud.

Late to this thread. Can anyone tell me how they decided the co-pilot did this deliberately or from some condition he may have experienced ie, medical condition all at once? Thanks in advance!

The all-important data recorder info is what's greatly needed as that will definitively reveal the various actions taken in the cockpit, at what time, in what sequence, and will answer many (but not all) questions.

Attention will likely turn to a conversation on how can airlines best check the emotional wellness of any crew member, especially pilots? The once-a-year psychological exam is not enough. And what measures can be taken, if any, to prevent a pilot from sabatoging his/her own flight that doesn't exist today?
sorry...meant to quote, along with other comment

I hope the Investigation into the Co-pilot yields an answer. Family's need and deserve some kind of answer. My heart goes out to all affected by this tragedy. We just flew Airbus 320 a few weeks ago. When news broke I said to DH what is going on with these planes? Little did I know what a horrifying turn this would take.

Late to this thread. Can anyone tell me how they decided the co-pilot did this deliberately or from some condition he may have experienced ie, medical condition all at once? Thanks in advance!
It wasn't a medical "condition". He locked the cockpit door from the inside, in a specific deliberate way that overrode the ability to open it from the cabin. Then he never answered the phone or door.

Basically the co-pilot intentionally locked the cockpit door so that the pilot could not open it when he tried to get back in. If he had had a heart attack or something he would not have intentionally locked the door.

I don't believe the co pilots parents are to blame for what has happened. And they have lost a son too.

But I would be interested in finding out if they had any connection to the airline industry. Especially after hearing that he had to take a break during his training, then he completed his training and was hired as a pilot.

A question..

Can someone tell me why FBI would investigate a crime in France by a person employed by a German company?

I realize they were asked.. but is that usually done?

Respectfully I don't blame his parents for this they are not responsible for what was going on in his head. I bet they feel terrible about what he has done and are greatly ashamed.
I agree I dont blame his family. They may not have known something was wrong or was gonna happen. We were in a car accident in July and a person in my vehicle almost died. Someone ran a red light and plowed into the drivers side of our car while texting... We had to go to court and I at first gave nasty, dirty looks to the guy's family... But then I came to realize it wasn't their fault. They weren't driving that truck. Just like the copilot's family.. they weren't flying that plane. They may not have known what was gonna happen.

A question..

Can someone tell me why FBI would investigate a crime in France by a person employed by a German company?

Sure. For one, there is a connection between the co-pilot and a flight school in Arizona. The FBI would be helpful in getting info on his stay there.

Respectfully I don't blame his parents for this they are not responsible for what was going on in his head. I bet they feel terrible about what he has done and are greatly ashamed.

And grieving, too. I feel sorry for them; he was an adult and HE is responsible for his actions.

I cant even imagine what that Pilot went thru. He would obviously be the first to realize what was happening after going thru the steps to gain entry. I would think it would take a minute to realize what exactly was happening. What a nightmare!

I cant even imagine what that Pilot went thru. He would obviously be the first to realize what was happening after going thru the steps to gain entry. I would think it would take a minute to realize what exactly was happening. What a nightmare!

That is exactly how I see it. He must have known in about a minute he was in an impossible battle against time and pure evil. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz