Germanwings Airbus crash 24 March #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
new pic

germanwings-Andrea_3247459b.jpg

Andreas Lubitz, the co-pilot of the doomed Germanwings airliner, competing in a Lufthansa marathon in 2013. Credit: Wolfgang Nass/BILD

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-the-pilots-on-Germanwings-flight-4U9525.html

To be honest at this point I'm leaving toward an evil psychopath. Opinion subject to change of course. So many folk suffer from Mental Illness but never would do such a thing.
That is where my thoughts are also. Yes, he may have a "personality disorder", more commonly known as being a narcissistic sociopath, and those people can so easily hide their true nature.

MOO

Yes, linked earllier, only 100 of 600 some were A320, for lack of a better word the other type of aircraft I had never heard of!! If I can find it i will repost! TMedia also continues it errounous 8 minute desecent - it was 18 minutes, and they keep correcting a fighter was scrabmled, saying that was wrong, it was not a fighter was scrambled

A French military Mirage jet was scrambled from the Orange air base[SUP][15][/SUP] to intercept the plane.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanwings_Flight_9525#cite_note-17

[h=1]Germanwings plane crash: Airbus A320 glide to destruction 'took 18 minutes not 8'[/h]
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...struction-took-18-minutes-not-8-10131891.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanwings_Flight_9525

They also keep lumping Egypt Air into suicide. It was not. It was intended, but not suicide. It was revenge. (commit suicide — or sabotage) Simply put pilot had sexual indicreations, was demoted and the dude that did it to him was on the plane he crashed. Same thing PSA boss was on the aircraft iteslef.

According to Taha, just hours before the flight, al-Batouti was demoted by an EgyptAir executive who was on board the plane.
[h=1]EgyptAir Pilot Sought Revenge By Crashing, Co-Worker Said ere was no evidence that the co-pilot, Gamil al-Batouti, committed suicide.[/h]
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/16/us/egyptair-pilot-sought-revenge-by-crashing-co-worker-said.html

Here we are decades later and CNN still cant get the facts correct

[SUP]

[/SUP]

CARIIS, a Mirage jet is a fighter jet.

CARIIS, a Mirage jet is a fighter jet.

ha it does read odd, that was what I was trying to type (!) one was scrambled they intial said yes and for the last 24 hours have been recanting when in fact it happened. This is why you all are so wonderful - its quite scary - if they cant get basic stuff accurate scary on more obtuse issues no?

PS He is 27 not 28 and they are still reporting him as 28 its just dangerous , walter cronkite rolls over in his grave these days I promise

Also read elsewhere he was very close to his grandparents. Just trying to establish relationships.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/germanwings-co-pilot-named-as-andreas-lubitz-1427370009

Mr. Rücker said he last saw Mr. Lubitz, whom he described as an athletic-looking young man, last fall at a club barbecue that the co-pilot attended with his girlfriend. “He was a completely normal guy,” Mr. Rücker said.

snip

A neighbor in his mid-50s, who declined to give his name, said he had known Mr. Lubitz and his sibling, a younger brother, since they were children and said he couldn’t imagine that he could have flown the plane aground intentionally. “This does not fit in with the picture I have of him,” he said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...1ab2bc-d3f5-11e4-a62f-ee745911a4ff_story.html

An act of terror on Flight 9525
By Eugene Robinson Opinion writer March 26 at 8:37 PM

We don’t need to know the political or religious views of Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Günter Lubitz to call his crashing of a crowded airliner into a mountainside an act of terrorism. And we don’t need any further evidence to recognize a cruel irony: Legitimate fear of potential terrorist attacks apparently made this tragedy possible.

Officials involved in the investigation have been rejecting the word I just used. “There is no reason to suspect a terrorist attack,” Robin said, echoing the words of German Chancellor Angela Merkel and other leaders. I disagree.

What they mean is that there is no known link to terrorists or any known group such as al-Qaeda. Indeed, no such connection was immediately apparent from the sketchy outlines of Lubitz’s life that began to emerge Thursday. He reportedly had dreams of becoming a pilot since he was a teenager and belonged to a flying club in his home town about an hour from Frankfurt. He started working for Germanwings, Lufthansa’s budget airline, in September 2013 and amassed 630 hours of flight experience. He was regarded as talented and full of promise.

Surely we will soon learn another side to this picture. Normal, well-adjusted young men do not commit terroristic acts of mass murder.

Terrorism is often defined as violence committed for a political or religious purpose, and no one can say yet what the pilot had in mind. But no one does something like this without intending to make a statement. We may not yet know what it means — and I suppose it’s possible that we may never know. Murder of this kind, on this scale and in this chilling manner is terrorism.

It looks as if Lubitz wasn’t just trying to end his life because he was depressed. He apparently decided to end 149 other lives as well because he wanted to tell us something. Tragically, this is precisely the kind of thing that terrorists do.

It amazes me everytime something crashes media gets into this big debate, what about remote control in emergency. ANd every time they come back the technology isnt there

What do all these people think thousands of drones across the globe are doing every 2.4 seconds of everyday! Its like they think of drones as those little ones.

Here is a drone!

remotely controlled for miles with accuracy that is scary while they are firing weapons with pinpoint accuracy. We have more than the capability to remote control a commerical airliner

There are thossands of em !

For kicks do a quick click ---- it shall blow your mind right out of your head to see how many there are on the planet!!!

That is what MAL 370 was totally about!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unmanned_aerial_vehicles

ha it does read odd, that was what I was trying to type (!) one was scrambled they intial said yes and for the last 24 hours have been recanting when in fact it happened. This is why you all are so wonderful - its quite scary - if they cant get basic stuff accurate scary on more obtuse issues no?

PS He is 27 not 28 and they are still reporting him as 28 its just dangerous , walter cronkite rolls over in his grave these days I promise

Right, & wow your mention of Walter Cronkite is SPOT ON! My nona LOVED him! I was little but definitely old enough to realize he was a highly respected news anchor...at least in my family. They sure don't make 'em like him anymore. Everyone's always trying to get the first break without fact checking before going to air, etc. Sure is frustrating.

Your pic produced a long code. :) I know what you're saying though.

LTP so please forgive me if s/o already posted something similar, but...

Excluding a sudden conversion to radical extremism/blackmail by a foreign state *cough I'd believe that if it were a Ukrainian or Polish plane cough*/alien abduction/any and all other conspiracy and/or unprovable suggestions...

What else - aside from a period of "burnout/depression" 8 years ago - could cause a young, fit, dedicated man who lived for flying to deliberately fly this plane into a mountain? I'm not ignoring the claims of depression, but just trying to think around it.

What if he had recently received some news that meant he would have to give up flying? A devastating medical diagnosis? Maybe a recent diagnosis of someone close to him/family that made him fear he could inherit it too.

A poster above said the annual physicals are super tough. Do we know when his next physical was due?

IDK. Going out, doing what he loved, not even thinking about the people he was murdering. I could see that. I'm just having a really hard time seeing "depression" alone for this. I've been close before. It's a very personal thing. I would NEVER have taken anyone else. In fact, the guilt would have stopped me in my tracks. Maybe it's different for women? I see the murder/suicides in families/workforces with men who are said to be depressed as more about control and anger issues, than straight up depression.

I hope all this made sense.

Right, & wow your mention of Walter Cronkite is SPOT ON! My nona LOVED him! I was little but definitely old enough to realize he was a highly respected news anchor...at least in my family. They sure don't make 'em like him anymore. Everyone's always trying to get the first break without fact checking before going to air, etc. Sure is frustrating.

It just wigs me out, CNN I can get in this rush to be first in the beginning you get stuff wrong. But to endlessly report basic simple baby stuff wrong for months - they aint doing there job. Heck, on every major story all they need to do is have an intern on 3 8 hour shifts only here on WS! Problem solved.

That is how I fell in love with WS, and it took me several stories with you all to like get my god they get so much wrong so much for a democracy it is very dangerous!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/27/w...-warning-signs-before-crash-airline-says.html

Andreas Lubitz, Who Loved to Fly, Set on a Mysterious and Deadly Course
By JACK EWING and MELISSA EDDYMARCH 26, 2015

Mr. Lubitz interrupted his training for several months at one point, for an unknown reason, Mr. Spohr said. If the cause was medical, he said, he would not know because German rules on privacy prevented the sharing of such information. Those records would, however, be available to prosecutors.

The issue of pilot health has long been a concern in the industry. In the United States, pilots are screened for medical or psychological problems before being hired, and are randomly tested afterward for drug and alcohol use. They must undergo medical examinations once or twice a year, depending on their age, to keep their certification with the Federal Aviation Administration.

They are supposed to disclose all physical and psychological conditions and medications or face significant fines. In addition to this “self-reporting” standard, most airlines also rely on other crew members to report suspicious behavior or monitor the health of their co-workers.

“I think that this incident is going to have a profound effect on the industry and how pilots are screened on an ongoing basis and what they are screened for,” said Peter Goelz, a former managing director at the National Transportation Safety Board.

“In the U.S., pilots are pretty much allowed to choose their own doctor,” he said, out of a list of approved practitioners. “It’s not the most rigorous process.”

Your pic produced a long code. :) I know what you're saying though.

coputer has been doing that all day and I dont know why - never did it on any other stories wiht you all its actually quite maddening!!! any clues anyone!
me
I think his computer will be very telling. He is of "internet" age, intleigent, I would think there would be searchs about mental illiness, be able to see "moody" emails. We can assume his hiatis from trainig had nothing to do wiht funding, his parents were financially ok.

I cant explain to myself why, for some reason i hope it is revenge - more than ignored mental illiness, or denied mental illiness. NOt saying that makes anything better, just dont know why I feel that way, but I do...........................................................

and there has been so much strife at Luth/German in the recent weeks that just fits for me.....................

coputer has been doing that all day and I dont know why - never did it on any other stories wiht you all its actually quite maddening!!! any clues anyone!

Idk what's going on. I've been having a hard time with cut/paste & posting quick replies on here. I thought it was my ios update lol.

YEh Don Lemmon just got Egypt Air correct cheers..................................................

James A. Brokaw II, the president of the Families of EgyptAir 990, was just on!!

YEh Don Lemmon just got Egypt Air correct cheers..................................................

James A. Brokaw II, the president of the Families of EgyptAir 990, was just on!!

and I had it wrong - he was going to be terminated after that flight by the guy on his plane!

more on aviation and psyc:

Spohr seemed to admit that no special psychological test was mandatory across Europe.

Most pilots in the UK start at a flight training school, says a spokesman for the Civil Aviation Authority, the UK regulator. But these schools do not screen out candidates for psychological reasons. They are purely looking at someone's ability to fly.

But the screening processes appears to rely on the candidate's answers and the examiner's judgement of their answers. "There is an element of trust in it. We have to trust," says Vivian.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32075809

From the German newspaper Focus, translated online to English:

http://www.focus.de/panorama/welt/e...ssive-psychologische-probleme_id_4573954.html

L. had its first pilot training for several months six years ago for health reasons have to interrupt. He is said to have suffered at the time of depression and anxiety. During his training at the Lufthansa Flight School in the US state of Arizona, he was temporarily even listed as "flightless". As the newspaper writes further, also indicated by a note in the file of the L. Luftfahrtbundesamt indicate massive psychological problems. The file contains the code "SIC". This abbreviation stands for a "special, exemplary regular medical examination". This means in plain text, L. therefore had to undergo regular monitoring by a physician.

I can understand calling this man evil, but I have never been able to quantify what "evil" actually is. Psychiatric disorders were long considered "evil" before there were any treatments available.
The sheer terror of those passengers is hard to fathom. I am so wishful that something will be found that partially explains this atrocious action.
Nothing on this earth will ever fully explain nor justify it. Never.
Prayers going out.
JMHO
ETA: if this has been covered I apologize, but was "company" in touch with this co-pilot? The report of his steady breathing on the recording is chilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz