Germanwings Airbus crash 24 March #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for the theory of "employer revenge."

The direction is as expected: depression, personal life troubles, other possible mental issues.

and I had it wrong - he was going to be terminated after that flight by the guy on his plane!

I find it amazing they would let a pilot fly after telling him they were firing him.
I hope that is a universal policy that has changed. :twocents:

I wonder what the 'significant find' is. Maybe they found notes of his plans. This whole thing seems planned somehow. The moment the captain goes to the toilet when they just so happen to be flying over the Alps. I don't know. Suicide pilots have no problem killing everyone on board, but mostly crash the plane in a rural area. Maybe it was just a coincidence. I am just wondering.

Into a mountain that cannot be easily reached by foot is about as remote/rural as it gets. He was probably going to crash that plane no matter where it ended up. Unlike 9/11 he did not seem to have a specific target other than his goal to destroy the plane.

If someone wants to kill themselves and everyone else on the plaine, when he had the chance, why didn't he nose dive as soon as the FO left the cabin?

(question on twitter from someone else, but it's a good one)

I wonder if Andreas Lubitz had any issues prior to crashing the airplane.

If someone wants to kill themselves and everyone else on the plaine, when he had the chance, why didn't he nose dive as soon as the FO left the cabin?

(question on twitter from someone else, but it's a good one)

Its a fly by wire aircraft. The computers would battle him and not allow him to do things that would overspeed the aircraft, exceed strutural limits etc.

ALso, if the plane allowed that , he would know that that experience (hidious G forces) is a painful and agnozing experience. You puke, urinate, defecate, your skin like gets pushed off your face, you feel like there is an elephant sitting on your chest, (cant breathe) your seatbelt is digging into your skinn resulting in bleeding, your back snaps, yuor arm are being broken by flying objects, your getting hitting in the face and body with everything flying all over place, your bleeding, nose bleeds, seats start to fail breaking your legs off, its quite a finale. You start bleeding internally as junk slams into your gut. your teeth are knocked out by debris, falling luggage is raining down on you at high painfull velocity. Your face is being struck by galley carts. Some folks seat belts break so now there are passengers flying all over the plane crashing into everyone, all bloody and messy from losing control of functions. The noise is deafening, masks are popping out, your eardrums start to rupture and bleed out.

Aint a pleasant experince!

I think slefishly he did not feel like expecing that, just my notions - i know that AIrbus limits those kind of inputs, Boeing much less so.

In the survability section of every report they go in detail into above , by seat numbers in detail.

Well guys it has been another amazing day with each of you. I have learned much and thank you for that!!I took my Lunesta, and am heading into la la land

I sense tomm might be an amazing revelation about the nuances of this guys life before his death

I thank each of you -- good night!

He had recently split up with his partner according to this new article

"Pilot Andreas Lubitz might have been suffering a 'personal crisis' at the time of the fatal Germanwings crash, it was claimed last night.

Reports from Germany suggested the 28-year-old was struggling to cope after a failed relationship when he deliberately ploughed the Airbus A320 into the mountainside, killing his 149 passengers.

The theory emerged just hours after police investigating the disaster announced they had made a 'significant discovery' during a four-hour search of Lubitz's flat, which he is said to have shared with a girlfriend.

Officers refused to reveal details of the potential breakthrough but insisted it was not a suicide note.
Yesterday, Lubitz's boss admitted he had slipped through the ‘safety net’ and should never have been flying."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-devastating-consequences.html#ixzz3VY9zjLdA

Likely, it had to be series of perceived or real failures in Lubitz's life. Not just one.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, still in catch up mode. I wonder how long this guy was planning to do this. Why that day? Was it just chance that the skipper left the F/D? Or was their a vendetta against the skipper and or crew ? This maniac could have put this A/C into a populated city. Speechless.

Been following this closely, one of the passengers on the plane lived around the corner from me... so sad

Does anyone know how far in advance do the pilot/crew/fo arrive at the airport prior to the flight. I was always under the impression that they kind of just turned up as and when before the flight was due to fly but is that incorrect? Do the pilot and f/O go over plans together beforehand? Just asking as I've seen a number of posts suggesting the f/O slipped the pilot something to make him go to toilet

They would have both had the same sign on times. The would have retrieved weather, flight plan and discussed fuel uplift together with enroute weather. Not sure about the cabin crew I'm only guessing here they may have signed on at the same time and they would have also been given a briefing.

A twitterer made a comment of "The examination of information on truth is not your job".

It's not a job, it's to understand in your own mind, if it's possible, wth is going on fool.

I still wonder how he knew the FO would leave the cockpit. Did he put ex-lax in his coffee? I fly often and rarely see the pilots leave the cabin.

Uhm... has anyone heard any reports about anyone having heard from his (apparently ex-)girlfriend/fiancee?

bbm

No not yet and I hope he/she is left alone I can't imagine how they must feel knowing that splitting up might have triggered him doing into doing this. Sadly the media will find the person though. This person is not to blame for this and they deserve space at this difficult time.

Thank you for posting this. It really shows what the searchers are up against. In the first news videos shown, I could see some deceased people and blood evidence of tremendous impact. CNN is still using that footage, except now they stop short of the woman at the top. So very sad.

Yes I feel very sorry for the searchers what they are finding must be horrifying I hope they get any counciling they need.

Another reason for not just nose diving the plane...
Maybe he saw it as "less awful" to "land" the plane in the Alps.
He input the path into the auto pilot. So HE didn't actually fly the plane into the ground.
Maybe he felt better about it that way (if he felt bad at all about it.)
Just a way to be a "little less guilty" of the crime, if that makes sense. :twocents:

Maybe he knew that on a two hour flight, that there was a possibility the FO would have to go to the restroom? Saw him drink coffee that morning or the FO had a standing behavior with co-pilots like "he always takes the plane up to cruising level, discusses the landing, puts it on cruise and uses the restroom"? Maybe he wanted to do this on his last flight and the FO didn't take a break? Or the one before that..

Can't wait for the significant evidence to be released, pdq. His involvement came out asap. (NYT)

No not yet and I hope he/she is left alone I can't imagine how they must feel knowing that splitting up might have triggered him doing into doing this. Sadly the media will find the person though.
j

I hope that the former partner realizes just how lucky he/she was! As much as it stinks that this accident may have been triggered by a life event that maxxed out the co-pilot's coping skills, there was only one person in that cockpit making boneheaded choices.

j

I hope that the former partner realizes just how lucky he/she was! As much as it stinks that this accident may have been triggered by a life event that maxxed out the co-pilot's coping skills, there was only one person in that cockpit making boneheaded choices.

I don't blame them in anyway for this nor do I blame his parents they must be going through terrible anguish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz