Germany Germany - Ingolstadt/Bavaria, Boy, 5-6,110 cm tall, 15kg, brown hair and blood type O, spent time outside Germany, found in Danube River, May'22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the family has uploaded Ben's DNA to I-Familia, the system would ping if there was a match.

There isn't. How could there be? The age gap is 25 years!
The Needham case as always been a strange one, the police went out to Greece and excavated the land close to where Ben disappeared, South Yorkshire police came up with the official opinion Ben died in a tragic accident, no trace of him was found, his mum rightly or wrongly doesn't accept it, but if Ben was abducted, then one can see why she'd want it investigated, the released model/image does bear a resemblance to Ben imo.

The Needham case as always been a strange one, the police went out to Greece and excavated the land close to where Ben disappeared, South Yorkshire police came up with the official opinion Ben died in a tragic accident, no trace of him was found, his mum rightly or wrongly doesn't accept it, but if Ben was abducted, then one can see why she'd want it investigated, the released model/image does bear a resemblance to Ben imo.

I get all that, but if Ben was still alive, he would be in his thirties now. And the dead boy might as well be his son. :rolleyes:

The DNA of the boy found in the River Donau is in the I-Familia database. If the DNA of Ben or of his family is there too, as it should be, the system hasn't pinged. So no match. What is there to investigate?

I get all that, but if Ben was still alive, he would be in his thirties now. And the dead boy might as well be his son. :rolleyes:

The DNA of the boy found in the River Donau is in the I-Familia database. If the DNA of Ben or of his family is there too, as it should be, the system hasn't pinged. So no match. What is there to investigate?
Who knows, but if Bens mum is quoted then it's just not newspaper talk.

There are times when the British press is a farce and this is one of those times apparently.
Well Kerry is quoted

After South Yorkshire Police confirmed they are investigating, Kerry said: 'I'm pleased they are looking into it. Every possibility has to be investigated and ruled out. Our hope is that one day one piece of information will come forward which will uncover the truth.'

Well Kerry is quoted

After South Yorkshire Police confirmed they are investigating, Kerry said: 'I'm pleased they are looking into it. Every possibility has to be investigated and ruled out. Our hope is that one day one piece of information will come forward which will uncover the truth.'

The UK is a member of Interpol. The same press has reported already years ago about Interpol's involvement in the investigation into the disappearance of Ben Needham.
Now they want us to believe that Yorkshire police does not share data with Interpol? and that Interpol starts a Black Notice Campaign without checking what they already have on file? There is nothing to investigate that hasn't been investigated already.

Do they really want us to believe that this boy has been in the water for almost thirty years? That it makes sense for a kid to disappear from an island in Greece and turn up in the Donau river 30 years later? At the age of 5 tot 6? And no questions asked? Mind-boggling nonsense disguised as 'press'.

I shouldn't be so angry. But I am.

Last edited:
The UK is a member of Interpol. The same press has reported already years ago about Interpol's involvement in the investigation into the disappearance of Ben Needham.
Now they want us to believe that Yorkshire police does not share data with Interpol? and that Interpol starts a Black Notice Campaign without checking what they already have on file? There is nothing to investigate that hasn't been investigated already.

Do they really want us to believe that this boy has been in the water for almost thirty years? That it makes sense for a kid to disappear from an island in Greece and turn up in the Donau river 30 years later? At the age of 5 tot 6? And no questions asked? Mind-boggling nonsense disguised as 'press'.

Yes! I understand Kerry's motivation, of course, but this is the very definition of clutching at straws!.
If Yorshire police are "investigating", IMO they are paying it lip service purely due to the (warranted) criticism over the years due to the inconsistencies between the investigative efforts in Ben's, and other missing childrens cases and that of the huge and ongoing resources poured into the black hole that is Madeliene McCann.

It's almost disrespectful.

Toter Bub aus der Donau: Interpol weitet Fahndung aus - und erhält viele Hinweise

Where did he come from? Mystery of dead boy from the river Donau - Interpol receives new tips

Update 05.09.2023, 18.50: Police are investigating worldwide to solve the boy's death

The international police agency Interpol has received quite a few tips about a dead boy discovered in the River Donau in Bavaria shortly after an appeal was made. "We have received 33 tips from the public," said the manager of Interpol's DNA databases, François-Xavier Laurent, in Lyon on Tuesday. These tips were sent directly to Interpol and the German police via the Interpol website. Now the evaluation will begin in order to select promising leads.

German investigators have not yet been able to report a breakthrough, even more than a year after the body was found. A canoeist had discovered the body on 19 May 2022 near Großmehring, east of Ingolstadt. The boy, whose exact cause of death remains unclear, had been wrapped in plastic and dumped in the river with a cobblestone. It is suspected that he was murdered.

As the Interpol investigator said on Tuesday, if there is evidence of specific children by name, they will now be checked to see if they are still alive or if they resemble the dead boy. This work will take weeks if not months, he said. "The certainty we have now is that this boy is probably not German." He was either from a neighbouring country or one even further away, Laurent said.

According to Interpol, the investigators assume that the boy was between five and six years old, about 1.10 metres tall and weighed about 15 kilograms at the time of his death. According to the report, he had brown hair and blood group 0. Interpol had also sent a reconstruction of the boy's face, which had been created in autumn 2022, together with the international appeal at the end of August. As the head of operational support and analysis at Interpol, Cyril Gout, said, this is a very large number of tips within a few days.

BBM

IMO the boy could be from Ukraine, but the time frame that would make him a refugee is very short. He was found in May 2022, and the invasion of Ukraine started in February 2022. Three months to the max. They don't know for how long his remains had been in the water, (or they do know and do not tell!) but it would have been a while, not a matter of days.
Also, refugees from Ukraine were registered, this allows them to live and work legally and to travel.

I wonder if isotope analysis would show that he had lived only one or two months in Germany? Likely spent time outside of Germany is a pretty vague description. The way I read it is that he did live in Germany at least for a while, but also outside the area. But no indication if that was 50 -50% or 80-20% or 30 -70% of his short life. Could it mean that he did not live in Germany at all?

I believe he is a Refuge child that needed up in a bad situation, sadly. There is a possibility he was "entrusted" to someone who was paid to help him escape. This happens across all borders around the world with children.

I definitely agree it is a short window. Though at least 2 million children had fled from Ukraine by March 2022.

Well, he isn't Ben Needham. Not that we thought he would be.

A simple DNA check cleared it all.

If Ben's DNA wasn't in I-Familia before, it now finally is. (The big news would be that South Yorkshire Police omitted to do this until now, but the press is vague on this point.)

Boy found in German river is NOT missing Ben Needham, DNA tests reveal

'South Yorkshire Police, supported by Europol, has received confirmation that a DNA sample of the body found in the River Danube in Germany does not match that of Ben Needham.

'Ben's family has been informed and are being supported. Our thoughts remain with the young boy who is yet to be identified and, of course, the Needham family who continue in their search for answers.'

BBM

Last edited:
Well, he isn't Ben Needham. Not that we thought he would be.

A simple DNA check cleared it all.

If Ben's DNA wasn't in I-Familia before, it now finally is. (The big news would be that South Yorkshire Police omitted to do this until now, but the press is vague on this point.)

Boy found in German river is NOT missing Ben Needham, DNA tests reveal

'South Yorkshire Police, supported by Europol, has received confirmation that a DNA sample of the body found in the River Danube in Germany does not match that of Ben Needham.

'Ben's family has been informed and are being supported. Our thoughts remain with the young boy who is yet to be identified and, of course, the Needham family who continue in their search for answers.'

BBM
The family DNA probably wasn't on record because they was no need for it to be, can't recall any bodies previously that had a tentative link, although saying that the toy found at the digs was sent to the USA for testing.

The family DNA probably wasn't on record because they was no need for it to be, can't recall any bodies previously that had a tentative link, although saying that the toy found at the digs was sent to the USA for testing.

In the thread about Ben Needham it is specifically mentioned that they have Ben's own DNA. Citing from memory, the family had to go through the courts to get a blood sample of Ben that was taken when he was a newborn, to use this for DNA ~the law being that Ben himself would have to give permission. The judges rules in favour of the family.

I wonder if Ben's mom is also trying to bring the media to this case. I would. While it is unlikely this is Ben, she is a public figure, so her involvement gives the case the publicity it needs.

https://www.focus.de/regional/bayer...otem-buben-weiter-ungeloest_id_229717597.html

A canoeist pulls the corpse of a child out of the Danube; the boy was presumably murdered. That was almost one and a half years ago. But despite a worldwide investigation, the case remains a challenge.

Despite a large international investigation, there are still no concrete leads after the discovery of the dead boy in the Donau in Upper Bavaria. The body of the boy, probably five to six years old, was discovered almost one and a half years ago near Großmehring, east of Ingolstadt.

A canoeist had pulled the wrapped body out of the river in May 2022. Since then, the criminal police have been working with great effort to clarify the identity of the child and to solve the suspected violent crime against the boy. Neither a search on the ZDF television programme "Aktenzeichen XY... ungelöst" nor the involvement of the international police agency Interpol have led to a breakthrough.

"Interpol had given us a few tips, but nothing that "put us on the right track," said police spokesman Andreas Aichele. However, new tips keep coming in, and the Ingolstadt Criminal Investigation Department is working on them. "We are on the road with this matter throughout Europe and worldwide," said Aichele.

The examination of tips sometimes takes longer, he said. "Our investigation team still has a lot to do." Despite the long investigation, the officers do not want to resign: "We expect that we will solve this crime."

BBM

I think the boy might be Maddy.....Bizar this news outlets. Of course I find it very sad dat little Ben and Maddy were never found. I hope they find out who this little one is.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UncleGrump
Back