Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
theres a camera at the bus stop at the main road junction but its concentrating on the bus stop.
if u walk the quickest route to the river which is turn left out the park and down the side of the gj building u then have to cross a road,walk under the railway and cross the road again then there a pavement and a big wall between u and the river that goes for a distance in either direction. there are step up to the top of the wall but why would he be focusing on going there. wat im thinking is a lot of the guys found in the water are or have easy access to it ie they walk to the banking and slip in. the river round there takes a bit of effort to get to, theres no just walking into it.ok again hes drunk and maybe just in a haze and theres no logic to his direction.

theres a camera at the bus stop at the main road junction but its concentrating on the bus stop.
if u walk the quickest route to the river which is turn left out the park and down the side of the gj building u then have to cross a road,walk under the railway and cross the road again then there a pavement and a big wall between u and the river that goes for a distance in either direction. there are step up to the top of the wall but why would he be focusing on going there. wat im thinking is a lot of the guys found in the water are or have easy access to it ie they walk to the banking and slip in. the river round there takes a bit of effort to get to, theres no just walking into it.ok again hes drunk and maybe just in a haze and theres no logic to his direction.
Exactly. I found this stock photo that shows the G+J building, the railway and the stairs down to the landing.
6fccde203d1d1cc0fc0bb328c368835b.jpg

Another view:
c6fb828fb0c19afa45ee1ec490160bb4.jpg

It worries me that Liam tried to walk stairs at the G+J building which doesn‘t make sense if he really thought it was the hostel (no stairs outside the hostel). Maybe he was just feeling cold, saw the nightlight in the building and tried to warm up. I dunno, I‘ve seen drunk people doing strange things, so maybe trying to make sense of it is futile.

as we all know,well if u drink, when ur drunk u can act say like liam and think ah hotel, climb stairs not remembering there wernt any ,try the door THEN it dawns on u its not the hotel...u can remember the direction u came but distance becomes blurred and reasoning is warped...places to sleep seem perfectly reasonable at the time..when ive been like that and u get on a road u tend to focus straight ahea because thats as much as u can process and it seems a good way to go. he did set off in the right direction and the last sighting he had continued in the right direction all beit diverted to the right at the end. what i mean is he didnt set off in the right direction then just wonder off to the river he had a sense of direction.
when he was helped up he might have said nothing of any sense in which case my thinking is he came in the way he went out. if he said anything to the helper even just the name of the area the bars were in then maybe just a point in the direction sent him out that way. of course he could just have been so lost the direction he went was random. thing is its known he headed for the Portuguese area..again i wonder if the helper saw him go into the area or just set off that way. i mean he could of turned right when he got across the park and up towards the main road...
to get to where he was it seems he either got so far then stopped for a time( nodded off just tired dont know) then got a taxi. or walked to the english street then turned right and down to the park or got to the main road junction then vieired right and cut through the Portuguese area to get to the park..
if he had the sense of direction to get to the junction then why did he alter.straight on is easy. other thing is the bar is on the left hand side of the road as u walk towards the hotel. so ud expect hed set off on that side. if he stayed on that side then why when he reached the junction would he cross over. the only way he didnt cross that junction is if he left the bar and at some point turned right and got down to the river side then walked along till he reached the gj building and worked his way up the side thinking its the hotel and eventually ended up in the park.
my gut feeling is he set off cos he just wanted to get to bed. he mmight have told some one he was going but not one of his friends, doesnt matter,knows the direction,after all its straight on all the way,nothing is easier. he used to walking so does ok. if he was paralytic he wouldnt have got that far. gets to close to the area by english road and for some reason ( tired and resting, confused over distance and thinks hes close) gets directed down to the park,maybe the english thing.if some one points when u want a direction thats where u go.gets to building and cant get in. realises its not the hotel. and runs into the helper.
i pondered that by now hes been out an hour in cold conditions. booze hides the feeling of cold but it still effects the body.. hes stumbling some and in the photos the helper appears to be steadying him. but hes still able to walk off. and get across the park. was he running out of steam or did he get a second wind and march on. i hope those webcams on the church tower have something,theres 8 of them and at least 2 point in a good direction.if there working. of course i assume the police already looked at them. there is a pavement camera about 1k from the bar on the same side. ok we know he got way past there but if hes captured on it it would tell u how well he was walking..

Missing Liam Colgan's mum makes heartbreaking journey to Hamburg after potential new sighting

Patricia travelled to Hamburg on Monday with son Eamonn and his fiancee Susan.
Patricia Colgan flew out to Germany with family members and joined volunteers searching for postman Liam, who went missing there five weeks ago.

A potential new sighting was reported on Wednesday in the town of Harsefield near Buxtehude, outside Hamburg, where people previously claimed to have spotted the 29-year-old.
“Part of the reason was to show her around the places where the sightings have been.

“It was just to give her an idea of the size and scale of the place and an idea of the investigation.
“Nothing has come from it yet but police are investigating.They’re looking for any kind of pattern, then they can do things such as deploy sniffer dogs.
attachment.php

Attachments

• AMP_SDR_160218_LIAM014JPG.jpg
    AMP_SDR_160218_LIAM014JPG.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 201
Could be, but U-Bahn (subway) is much cheaper and faster (about 10 mins.). In the middle of the day with heavy traffic, it sometimes took me 30 minutes or more by car from there to Reeperbahn. You have to drive Willy-Brandt-Straße, one of the busiest streets in Hamburg.

this was said in a post....It was said he was seen on CCTV walking towards the bus and train station....im presuming they mean in the direction of the hotel and not the u bahn station.? am i right n reading the s bahn map that the s bahn from reeperbahn does not go past the gj building?

i keep wondering even drunk why you would see this as the hotel. its confusing as well when the description of liam goes from heavily intoxicated at the bar to as his brother says at the gj building the helper said he seemed to be drunk. did he have a wonder of drugged???. probably just the way they say it. dont know why has it gone from him being heavily drunk at the bar to seemed to be by gj building. walked an hour and sobered up? cant see it after a days drinking. even if hed cut through the Portuguese area (looks rough) to end up at the park why home in on that building was it just looked a sort of official building,. his brother said liam and the helper didnt have a conversation as such and just had a parting.so liam didnt ask for help. usually if ur drunk u get chatty or aggressive or asleep...if ur lost u splurge out im lost...they seem to describe hes spaced out....even his brother had a sense of doubt, the way he says it....gut feeling and when i saw the stills of him thought theres something screwy...
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• gj.jpg
    gj.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 182
  • AMP_SDR_170218_LIAM021JPG.jpg
    AMP_SDR_170218_LIAM021JPG.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 179
this was said in a post....It was said he was seen on CCTV walking towards the bus and train station....im presuming they mean in the direction of the hotel and not the u bahn station.? am i right n reading the s bahn map that the s bahn from reeperbahn does not go past the gj building?
As far as I know they were unsure if the first CCTV from Reeperbahn was Liam. This would be train stop „Reeperbahn“. If I remember right, Eamonn thought it was not Liam and his fiancé thought it was. The only CCTV where Liam is recognizable is the one at G+J.

I have another theory why Liam was heading to the right. Maybe he tried to get to the S-Bahn stop „Landungsbrücken“ which would directly take him to the hostel (S-Bahn stop „Berliner Tor“) but took a right too late. That‘s where the crew probably got out when they arrived from the hostel because the Veermaster was the final location they went to (they had been visiting a brewery and went to a cocktail bar, probably also some other places). Walking towards Portuguese quarter then makes sense because it would take him to the right S-Bahn station. Police said Liam was clearly drunk and disoriented when they saw the full CCTV, if the passerby said he „seemed“ to be drunk, I don‘t think he sobered up. The helper probably used the German term „scheinbar betrunken“ which can also be translated to „obviously drunk“.
1c391cfebf35764d7808fc084c425aa1.jpg

this case makes me so sad, i hope they found him safe. I come in this thread every single day to see if there are any good news.

As far as I know they were unsure if the first CCTV from Reeperbahn was Liam. This would be train stop „Reeperbahn“. If I remember right, Eamonn thought it was not Liam and his fiancé thought it was. The only CCTV where Liam is recognizable is the one at G+J.

I have another theory why Liam was heading to the right. Maybe he tried to get to the S-Bahn stop „Landungsbrücken“ which would directly take him to the hostel (S-Bahn stop „Berliner Tor“) but took a right too late. That‘s where the crew probably got out when they arrived from the hostel because the Veermaster was the final location they went to (they had been visiting a brewery and went to a cocktail bar, probably also some other places). Walking towards Portuguese quarter then makes sense because it would take him to the right S-Bahn station. Police said Liam was clearly drunk and disoriented when they saw the full CCTV, if the passerby said he „seemed“ to be drunk, I don‘t think he sobered up. The helper probably used the German term „scheinbar betrunken“ which can also be translated to „obviously drunk“.
cache.php

ok..first ill point out im hopless with railway and tube maps..if u think liams lost then in london id end up in birmingham..i looked at the map and if he got on at Landungsbrücken the s bahn could take him to the hostel but wouldnt it be the stop hammerbrook, its the s3 line..if he had gone to Landungsbrücken and got on the yellow line train then that goes past and indeed has a stop by the gj building. could make sense he has a hunt round the bar area for some time looking for his friends,gives up and decides to go to hotel and Landungsbrücken is close. gets on the wrong train and realizes fairly quickly. gets off at gj building and either asks directions or knows and makes his way up to the road he wants to be on,and in a drunk state just thinks the gj building may be say a train sation or just looking for someone to help???. I talked on the face book site and they think he may have headed up to the main road from the park. would make more sense he has a sense of direction say from the big church as a land mark,the trying to get into the gj building could be nothing more than he wanted the toilet ect. if hes happy drunk then thats what u do. u know the oh crap wrong train,better get off,,where am i, ahh the church forward march,,,need a piss oh look a door try that, nah locked sod it onward.and home..i know it sounds funny but thats what u can be like drunk.ive done it..ur quite happy and plod on stumbling occasionally if the booze kicks in a bit more...what may be of concern is when in that state then its not uncommon to think that the strangest places are a good place to have a sleep.

i must admit when i first saw the cctv pics i had trouble seeing it was liam, cctv footage can be so bad in the dark. there are some cameras but they point upward to the church and who wants to see a church right now...

i looked at the map and if he got on at Landungsbrücken the s bahn could take him to the hostel but wouldnt it be the stop hammerbrook, its the s3 line..
No, the stop Berliner Tor is definitely closer, it‘s just around the corner from the Hostel (if you take the exit at Bürgerweide). Hammerbrook would be possible but a bit longer to walk (not much longer though).

No, the stop Berliner Tor is definitely closer, it‘s just around the corner from the Hostel (if you take the exit at Bürgerweide). Hammerbrook would be possible but a bit longer to walk (not much longer though).

ahhhh right got it..its the green line.....so he still could have got the wrong train ie the yellow line which would if he stayed on take him to berliner tor anyway but if he didnt recognise the area when it turned right instead of going straight on as they would have done on the way out then he could have got off as not sure where he would have ended up..
all i was trying to do was work out how lucid he was and it seems he wasnt that bad.

ahhhh right got it..its the green line.....so he still could have got the wrong train ie the yellow line which would if he stayed on take him to berliner tor anyway but if he didnt recognise the area when it turned right instead of going straight on as they would have done on the way out then he could have got off as not sure where he would have ended up..
all i was trying to do was work out how lucid he was and it seems he wasnt that bad.
Or he headed straight away to the S-Bahn stop „Landungsbrücken“, knowing it‘s somewhere to the right of the main road and got lost. Eamonn said the group went to a brewery first. If they went to the „Blockbräu“ brewery at Landungsbrücken after leaving the Hostel, it would all make sense that Liam looked for the familiar S-Bahn stop rather than taking a train from the stop „Reeperbahn“. You also have to walk up stairs to get to the Landungsbrücken S-Bahn (maybe Liam confused the G+J entrance where he walked up stairs with the Landungsbrücken S-Bahn?).

yes makes sense and since he planned the trip he would remember the route out. he could like u say have mistaken the gj building for the train station, assumed its closed or just cant get in so headed for the main road...

ok..first ill point out im hopless with railway and tube maps..if u think liams lost then in london id end up in birmingham..i looked at the map and if he got on at Landungsbrücken the s bahn could take him to the hostel but wouldnt it be the stop hammerbrook, its the s3 line..if he had gone to Landungsbrücken and got on the yellow line train then that goes past and indeed has a stop by the gj building. could make sense he has a hunt round the bar area for some time looking for his friends,gives up and decides to go to hotel and Landungsbrücken is close. gets on the wrong train and realizes fairly quickly. gets off at gj building and either asks directions or knows and makes his way up to the road he wants to be on,and in a drunk state just thinks the gj building may be say a train sation or just looking for someone to help???. I talked on the face book site and they think he may have headed up to the main road from the park. would make more sense he has a sense of direction say from the big church as a land mark,the trying to get into the gj building could be nothing more than he wanted the toilet ect. if hes happy drunk then thats what u do. u know the oh crap wrong train,better get off,,where am i, ahh the church forward march,,,need a piss oh look a door try that, nah locked sod it onward.and home..i know it sounds funny but thats what u can be like drunk.ive done it..ur quite happy and plod on stumbling occasionally if the booze kicks in a bit more...what may be of concern is when in that state then its not uncommon to think that the strangest places are a good place to have a sleep.

bbm Yes exactly. It's also quite possible that he stumbled and fell again and that time there was nobody around to help him up so he just curled up where he was and fell asleep. BUT that would have to have been a spot that has been well hidden from view for five long weeks. A bit unlikely.

Another thought I had is, what if he went along with another group of people, maybe equally drunk, you know how quick you make "friends" in such a situation. Maybe ended up somewhere completely different and who knows what happened then/there. This scenario seems possible to me because it was said that back in the bar he had already once joined the "wrong" group of people and had to be redirected to his own table.

bbm Yes exactly. It's also quite possible that he stumbled and fell again and that time there was nobody around to help him up so he just curled up where he was and fell asleep. BUT that would have to have been a spot that has been well hidden from view for five long weeks. A bit unlikely.

Another thought I had is, what if he went along with another group of people, maybe equally drunk, you know how quick you make "friends" in such a situation. Maybe ended up somewhere completely different and who knows what happened then/there. This scenario seems possible to me because it was said that back in the bar he had already once joined the "wrong" group of people and had to be redirected to his own table.

its not uncommmon for people to be found weeks later close to civilization...people report things like bad smells but they are not acted on blaming the drains or the dustbins ect,especially in a city
http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/12/elder...e-month-after-being-reported-missing-6848481/
it is a mystery still

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back