Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
sorry the replies are long i tend to think out loud in writing......no idea is stupid ( except if u say elvis kidnap him) it may just trigger someones memory or tweek a better idea.

wats certain is he left the bar alone and arrived at the gj building alone and looking at his clothes,they look ok,hes also done his jacket up which means hes still more with it that without he feels the cold. he hasnt had a drama before then, hes just a bit out of it but still moving. the fact he fell over may be misleading, he obviously managed to walk off without the guy having to help him again
even with the time passed it happens people loose memory and quite happily carry on as they think they should...and end up way way away and u wonder how,just how did you get here ?????

Here‘s a German article. It‘s an interview with Eamonn that gives a bit more info about the scene witnessed by the passerby/helper at the G+J building:
http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/just...lgan-der-bruder-gibt-nicht-auf-a-1198092.html
The passerby saw that Liam stumbled, fell and walked again. According to him, he then tried to get inside the building through a backdoor and climbed fire exit stairs. This was corroborated by CCTV. As reported in earlier articles, the witness then helped Liam up after he fell again and Liam then walked towards the Portuguese quarter.

Eamonn suspects that, since the building is on the way from the Reeperbahn to the hostel, Liam thought it was the hotel (in earlier interviews Eamonn also thought that Liam just wanted to walk back to the hostel and sleep because he was drunk).

Here‘s a German article. It‘s an interview with Eamonn that gives a bit more info about the scene witnessed by the passerby/helper at the G+J building:
http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/just...lgan-der-bruder-gibt-nicht-auf-a-1198092.html
The passerby saw that Liam stumbled, fell and walked again. According to him, he then tried to get inside the building through a backdoor and climbed fire exit stairs. This was corroborated by CCTV. As reported in earlier articles, the witness then helped Liam up after he fell again and Liam then walked towards the Portuguese quarter.

Eamonn suspects that, since the building is on the way from the Reeperbahn to the hostel, Liam thought it was the hotel (in earlier interviews Eamonn also thought that Liam just wanted to walk back to the hostel and sleep because he was drunk).

thanks for that..t shows how the info can be corrupted..the articles i read all said the main door of the building and i was trying to see why he was so near the river and how he got from there to the park which u can but its a bit of a hike through the complex..makes more sense if the fire escape was on the side of the building..he walks along from bar.drunk cant judge distance.finds a place he thinks is where hotel is and walks down,tries to get in hotel and cant. retraces steps out. but he is unsteady, and miss judging things but hes not totally blitzed . he knows the direction the hotel is from the bar,he can retrace his way out the building and back where he came from,he didnt just go to sleep after trying the door on the fire escape. he accepted help so not aggressive.at that point he is still lucid enough to keep going and not sit down and sleep but unsteady.
if he did end up in the other town where was he for 3/4 days.
yes i can agree is more than likely he did just want to go back to the hotel..in my youth i was like that if drunk.id reach a point it really hit and automatic pilot kicked in and im off. i wouldnt tell anyone it was all i could do to concentrate on the right way back. as said he could have just gone for a breath of air and the cold night hit him and it was time to go, the i dont feel right, bed time mode. i dont think its worth reading too much into the fact he didnt tell any of his friends it looks like just drunk actions.
yes i change my mind if the evidence changes. i spent a fair few years a s a trouble shooter om military contracts and the way we attacked a problem was to work out the feasible causes,actions and reactions. u took everything u had and worked it over and over adjusting as u went.. yes u can spend a long time on the right road only to discover its a dead end thats the way the job works.sometimes one stupid comment makes things drop into place so u listen to everything. and u never let one guy decide alone a course of action its a group thing.. the police made that mistake with the yorkshire ripper. the boss got big headed and decided wearside jack was the answer even though a lot of the detectives said no way.. they were threatened with been thrown off the case so shut up. they wasted so long because of one man making a group decision.
just because some thing could be it doesnt mean it is but if u dont put it on the table it get ignored or not known about.a lot of things are discount able but u have to discount them not just ignore them.

Thanks rehtnap for your informative posts. They make a lot of sense.

If he was trying to get to his hotel, could he have made it there but finding his room was too much and he passed out somewhere else in the hotel? I know, far fetched, 99.9% he would have been found by now. But how big is that hotel? Basement, storage rooms etc?

If he was trying to get to his hotel, could he have made it there but finding his room was too much and he passed out somewhere else in the hotel? I know, far fetched, 99.9% he would have been found by now. But how big is that hotel? Basement, storage rooms etc?
its a thought. i saw a pic of the outside and its not big as in the hilton its a few floors high more like a city shop. blue and yellow building ill see if i can find the pic

I dont think the size of the hotel is the point, but its location, it is still a hike from where he was spotted and i doubt that he would keep the right direction even if trying.

here u go yes it is still a fair hike id say

attachment.php

Attachments

• AMP_SDR_170218_LIAM021JPG.jpg
    AMP_SDR_170218_LIAM021JPG.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 132
thanks for that..t shows how the info can be corrupted..the articles i read all said the main door of the building and i was trying to see why he was so near the river and how he got from there to the park which u can but its a bit of a hike through the complex..makes more sense if the fire escape was on the side of the building..he walks along from bar.drunk cant judge distance.finds a place he thinks is where hotel is and walks down,tries to get in hotel and cant. retraces steps out. but he is unsteady, and miss judging things but hes not totally blitzed . he knows the direction the hotel is from the bar,he can retrace his way out the building and back where he came from,he didnt just go to sleep after trying the door on the fire escape. he accepted help so not aggressive.at that point he is still lucid enough to keep going and not sit down and sleep but unsteady.
if he did end up in the other town where was he for 3/4 days.
yes i can agree is more than likely he did just want to go back to the hotel..in my youth i was like that if drunk.id reach a point it really hit and automatic pilot kicked in and im off. i wouldnt tell anyone it was all i could do to concentrate on the right way back. as said he could have just gone for a breath of air and the cold night hit him and it was time to go, the i dont feel right, bed time mode. i dont think its worth reading too much into the fact he didnt tell any of his friends it looks like just drunk actions.
yes i change my mind if the evidence changes. i spent a fair few years a s a trouble shooter om military contracts and the way we attacked a problem was to work out the feasible causes,actions and reactions. u took everything u had and worked it over and over adjusting as u went.. yes u can spend a long time on the right road only to discover its a dead end thats the way the job works.sometimes one stupid comment makes things drop into place so u listen to everything. and u never let one guy decide alone a course of action its a group thing.. the police made that mistake with the yorkshire ripper. the boss got big headed and decided wearside jack was the answer even though a lot of the detectives said no way.. they were threatened with been thrown off the case so shut up. they wasted so long because of one man making a group decision.
just because some thing could be it doesnt mean it is but if u dont put it on the table it get ignored or not known about.a lot of things are discount able but u have to discount them not just ignore them.

Thanks for your replies- I am certainly getting an education here.

here u go yes it is still a fair hike id say

attachment.php
I had an office next door (building to the left). Unlike Reeperbahn, this street is rather dark at night (it‘s a commercial area, one-way street, 3 lanes, not many shops or bars, much traffic during the day but quiet at night). It‘s quite a long way to walk from G+J, so I doubt he made it there in his state.

ive put 2 yellow pins in to show hotel and last place liam seen

attachment.php

interesting, if he walked down the main road towards the train station he walked straight past the police station...suggest he wasnt in trouble just walking home.

i presume they got a taxi from the hotel to the bar area?

i presume they got a taxi from the hotel to the bar area?
Could be, but U-Bahn (subway) is much cheaper and faster (about 10 mins.). In the middle of the day with heavy traffic, it sometimes took me 30 minutes or more by car from there to Reeperbahn. You have to drive Willy-Brandt-Straße, one of the busiest streets in Hamburg.

ok so was pondering why liam ended up at the gj building...from the main road u wouldnt really mistake it for the hotel.ok so we assume he a lot the worse for wear..now heres a right at the outer edge thing ive noticed. the road that leads to the park/building is called englische planke...this isnt something as daft as he set off walking,gave it up as a bad job and jumped in a taxi but in a drunk state he was saying he was english ect and the driver missuderstood him and took him to that road.as it was the best location he could work out. the drink has been taking more effect and liam assumes its the hotel.
the road back to the hotel from the bar area is one road as such ,u just walk straight ahead. but its a long way.i couldnt see a reason to turn off. ok hes very drunk and anythings possible..i know they checked the taxis but well maybe not hard enough, did he get close by walking (its just over a mile so average person 4 miles an hour,drunk person 1 mile an hour )then try to ask directions but in a drunk state the only thing the person understood was english...its just a strange coincidence.

ok so was pondering why liam ended up at the gj building...from the main road u wouldnt really mistake it for the hotel.ok so we assume he a lot the worse for wear..now heres a right at the outer edge thing ive noticed. the road that leads to the park/building is called englische planke...this isnt something as daft as he set off walking,gave it up as a bad job and jumped in a taxi but in a drunk state he was saying he was english ect and the driver missuderstood him and took him to that road.as it was the best location he could work out. the drink has been taking more effect and liam assumes its the hotel.
the road back to the hotel from the bar area is one road as such ,u just walk straight ahead. but its a long way.i couldnt see a reason to turn off. ok hes very drunk and anythings possible..i know they checked the taxis but well maybe not hard enough, did he get close by walking (its just over a mile so average person 4 miles an hour,drunk person 1 mile an hour )then try to ask directions but in a drunk state the only thing the person understood was english...its just a strange coincidence.
Maybe it‘s worth to mention that he was seen leaving the party location around 1:30. CCTV footage shows him at G+J at 02:30. It‘s a 20-25 minute walk under normal circumstances. At night (not much traffic), a taxi from Reeperbahn to Englische Planke would be a few minutes, max. 10. Either he stumbled his way to G+J, being disoriented and making a few wrong turns, or he spent some time at another location before getting into a taxi.

Maybe it‘s worth to mention that he was seen leaving the party location around 1:30. CCTV footage shows him at G+J at 02:30. It‘s a 20-25 minute walk under normal circumstances. At night (not much traffic), a taxi from Reeperbahn to Englische Planke would be a few minutes, max. 10. Either he stumbled his way to G+J, being disoriented and making a few wrong turns, or he spent some time at another location before getting into a taxi.
yeh i pondered that and the only 2 logical ones are he walked most of the way before grabbing a taxi, that would account for the time or he walked to near there and got directions in a confused conversation.
he could of course have walked some way then sat down and rested( like u do,get a kebab ect) then got a taxi when he realized he was too tired,,,,i did say its just a wierd coincidence....i was trying to see if there was a reason he ended up there its a strange location.like u sau its just over a mile by the obvius route so 20 mins. please dont read too much into it it was just i saw the street name and the idea dropped into my head. the fact hes scottish as well does sort of ruin it.

yeh i pondered that and the only 2 logical ones are he walked most of the way before grabbing a taxi, that would account for the time or he walked to near there and got directions in a confused conversation.
he could of course have walked some way then sat down and rested( like u do,get a kebab ect) then got a taxi when he realized he was too tired,,,,i did say its just a wierd coincidence....i was trying to see if there was a reason he ended up there its a strange location.like u sau its just over a mile by the obvius route so 20 mins. please dont read too much into it it was just i saw the street name and the idea dropped into my head. the fact hes scottish as well does sort of ruin it.

I like the way you think. . .

In his condition, I could see him saying "english, english" if he were trying to communicate with a driver (taxi or otherwise) who was speaking German to him.

ETA: IMO :-)

I like the way you think. . .

In his condition, I could see him saying "english, english" if he were trying to communicate with a driver (taxi or otherwise) who was speaking German to him.

ETA: IMO :-)
at the end of the daywe know he was there it was more a reason for him being there and did it give a clue to where he headed after..it might explain his look of confusion and it would then put him in a place he defiantly didnt know.disorientated as he expected it to be the hotel.i wonder if he did the same with the helper in that he said the street the bars were on.it would explain the direction he set off in.i mean if the helper was asked and said he said the street name they can assume he was saying where he came from not where he wanted to go.the thing is if he had walked straight up the park he was back on the main road quickly.. if the helper didnt speak english he may have only recognised the german name and simple pointed. then when asked later he could think he didnt ask anything. liam was trying to get back to somewhere he recognized and the most direct route for the road name he may have remembered is the way he went. to be hounest and no disrespect to germany but some of the street names i cant say when im sober..even medium drunk i havnt a hope in hell

its possible that up to setting off across the park he is nothing more than very drunk and the booze is kicking in more. hes got a direction to go and as known sets off into the houses. hes certainly a bit unsteady. theres a underground carpark entrance in his way.im not saying hes down there i wondered if he fell and hurt him self there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crankymomma
Back