Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I

It won’t be the content it’ll be whether the court deemed it was collected properly. If it wasn’t significant the defence wouldn’t have been all over it. I’m surprised I need to point that out.
Its only significant if the court says so.

It

It’s very simple. A not guilty verdict doesn’t mean he didn’t commit the crime. Some like to suggest that it does, for obvious reasons.
Of course it doesn't.
People can be guilty of crimes even if they never face a court of law, let alone be acquitted.

There's really nothing high profile about this case, juist run of the mill sex crimes.

Right, he has to be wormed into it in the first place and therein lies the problem.

MM’s case is no nearer being solved now than it was before the 2020 appeal. Perhaps CB is a good candidate to be an abductor, abuser and murderer but is there any hard evidence that he committed any of these crimes against MM?

From what we’ve seen, it doesn’t look like it.
We haven't seen the concrete evidence

We haven't seen the concrete evidence
How do you know that? Ask what revelations have come in the current trial that we didn’t know about before it started. Surely you must have been hoping for something new, perhaps something real that might give hope in the MM case. However, there has been nothing new.

I’ve been posting for what feels like and probably is years, that the MM case is built around HeB’s statement and some clues which could be coincidental.

More papier-mâché than concrete IMO but time will tell.

How do you know that? Ask what revelations have come in the current trial that we didn’t know about before it started. Surely you must have been hoping for something new, perhaps something real that might give hope in the MM case. However, there has been nothing new.

I’ve been posting for what feels like and probably is years, that the MM case is built around HeB’s statement and some clues which could be coincidental.

Well I had never seen mention of a date rape drug nor that the teenage girl had used the forename "Chris" when addressing her rapist.
See # 1,028 of this thread

The value of HB's statement was in naming CB. The rest of the evidence was there in some shape or form. Nothing applicable to the present trial which makes one puzzle about CB's defence insistence on dragging up irrelevant MM witnesses etc throughout the trial and why the judges have allowed that to happen.
My opinion

Well I had never seen mention of a date rape drug nor that the teenage girl had used the forename "Chris" when addressing her rapist.
See # 1,028 of this thread

The value of HB's statement was in naming CB. The rest of the evidence was there in some shape or form. Nothing applicable to the present trial which makes one puzzle about CB's defence insistence on dragging up irrelevant MM witnesses etc throughout the trial and why the judges have allowed that to happen.
My opinion
Not one mention of this in any article pertaining to the trial either the prosecution over egged it or the fail reported it for sensationalism , pays your money takes your choice.

Not one mention of this in any article pertaining to the trial either the prosecution over egged it or the fail reported it for sensationalism , pays your money takes your choice.
But is it even evidence anyway? Do the charges say he drugged and then abused people.

And, that someone allegedly called him Chris on a video that doesn’t exist.

Hardly evidence that will secure a conviction.

But is it even evidence anyway? Do the charges say he drugged and then abused people.

And, that someone allegedly called him Chris on a video that doesn’t exist.

Hardly evidence that will secure a conviction.
Probably the mail talking it up like the e mails.

Stories of rape and bondage. Probably have half their male readers twitching with excitement.
It isn't a story.
It is real life as the scars behind HB's knees will attest.
HB has made her point - all that is needed now is for CB to complete the circle by instructing his legal team to release the full body photographs he has denied the court.

Indeed there are very few articles giving any information about the daily happenings in the Braunschweig court. Neither is there a transcript.

It isn't a story.
It is real life as the scars behind HB's knees will attest.
HB has made her point - all that is needed now is for CB to complete the circle by instructing his legal team to release the full body photographs he has denied the court.
Why should he, In court HaB said the mark could have been a run in the tights worn by her attacker confirming the prosecution case surrounding a possible scar/tattoo or mark is weak.It's all a moot point until a verdict is handed out.

HeB's statements and the Buchs imo. I think that's the sum of the evidence parts as far as MM is concerned.

Bottom line, and at the risk of repeating myself, if the evidence held was the compelling evidence HCW claimed it to be, that's the trial we'd be following now, not this one.

Continuing to follow the German investigation of the MM case does seem more than a bit of a waste of time and energy at this stage.

Last edited:
Why should he, In court HaB said the mark could have been a run in the tights worn by her attacker confirming the prosecution case surrounding a possible scar/tattoo or mark is weak.It's all a moot point until a verdict is handed out.
There was absolutely no ambiguity in HB's court statement about her assailant's eyes which she had seen close up and personal. As did the trial judge when she asked CB to approach the bench.
Two days later expert testimony supported HB's description 100%

Snip
"When you spend time in that situation as a person and there‘s nothing else that you can see of this human, other than their eyes, it's the only thing you remember."
She compared them to "lights" during the night-time assault. "They were so bright. I just know them."
Near the close of the day's session, the judge asked CB to approach the bench - apparently in order to examine his eyes.
HB had told the court on Wednesday that the man who assaulted her spoke English with a German accent and had a mark on his thigh.
A rape that CB had already been convicted of bore a strong similarity to her own ordeal, she said, prompting her to come forward.

Referring to the defendant on Thursday, she told the court: "I believe this man is the attacker."

Do you know verbatim what HB said in further description of her assailant in her testimony? I don't. But no matter.
Snip
The prosecutor said:
'At this point he was dressed entirely in black, wearing leather gloves and a full face mask. This only had two round cutouts for the eyes and a small slit for the mouth, so that the injured party could only see the accused's eyes and his eyebrows'.

HB saw the mark her rather grotesquely attired assailant had on his thigh. Although through his black tights.
And I think there may well be 'before and after' photographs in existence which could well settle the argument; unfortunately secrecy laws have been invoked which means we probably never will. One can only wonder why neither CB nor his lawyers want them to be seen :D

Snip
Asked for a description of the perpetrator, she reported in court of a "dark spot" on the man's leg, which was visible through the tight pants.

With the consent of the accused, an identification measure had been carried out on him in the summer of 2022, during which corresponding photos were taken. According to the public prosecutor's office at the time, the images and information obtained were to be compared, among other things, with descriptions of perpetrators by witnesses. However, nothing has been known about possible results so far.
The witness had described a cross-shaped scar on the perpetrator's thigh. This excludes his client as the perpetrator. "The person who committed this act was not the accused," said Fülscher.

Snip
Christian B., the main suspect in the MM case, appeals to the German data protection law to prevent pictures of him from being shown in court. The photos in his health record are said to show a birthmark on one of his thighs. The marking makes B. the main suspect for the rape of Irishwoman Hazel Behan.
The public prosecutor's office has filed a motion to show pictures from B's health record in court. But as long as the suspect does not give his consent, the photos cannot be made public.

HeB's statements and the Buchs imo. I think that's the sum of the evidence parts as far as MM is concerned.

Bottom line, and at the risk of repeating myself, if the evidence held was the compelling evidence HCW claimed it to be, that's the trial we'd be following now, not this one.

Continuing to follow the German investigation of the MM case does seem more than a bit of a waste of time and energy at this stage.
I disagree with that.

The prosecutors and the police are obliged to pursue evidence of wrongdoing as and when it arises.

DM had the small consolation and satisfaction of seeing her rapist put behind bars where he belonged as a direct result.

There is a time and a place for everything. Now is the time for trying cases for which there is evidence which back in 2022 meant these five.

Seldom can there have been so many spoiler attacks on sex offences in an effort to keep the accused out of court and now out of jail.
My opinion

Thing is the full body photographs of CB exist, showing exactly what marks were on his body at that moment in time.

CB enjoys the right to silence without prejudice in the court. Obviously that extends to his right to secrete incriminating photographic evidence from the court ( the key word there being incriminating) on grounds of his right to privacy.
Not sure how appropriate it is for a felon to have that particular right over what is concrete evidence in a particularly horrendous rape case.

Snip
... she was attacked and raped in her apartment one night in 2004.
The perpetrator was never caught, but HB, who was 20 at the time, had told police that the attacker had "a large, cross-shaped scar on his right thigh".

The Irish woman is to testify against CB. in court next week.

The public prosecutor's office has filed a motion to show pictures from CB's health record in court. But as long as the suspect does not give his consent, the photos cannot be made public.

I disagree with that.

The prosecutors and the police are obliged to pursue evidence of wrongdoing as and when it arises.

DM had the small consolation and satisfaction of seeing her rapist put behind bars where he belonged as a direct result.

There is a time and a place for everything. Now is the time for trying cases for which there is evidence which back in 2022 meant these five.

Seldom can there have been so many spoiler attacks on sex offences in an effort to keep the accused out of court and now out of jail.
My opinion
Agree. The victims are most important. Long before the charges - the same people were frustrated with & discrediting the prosecution. It’s not a new thing - they’ve been at it since day one. For this is the prosecution that have the *audacity to investigate somebody other than those they think are responsible. That’s the real reason for the shaming.

Thing is the full body photographs of CB exist, showing exactly what marks were on his body at that moment in time.

CB enjoys the right to silence without prejudice in the court. Obviously that extends to his right to secrete incriminating photographic evidence from the court ( the key word there being incriminating) on grounds of his right to privacy.
Not sure how appropriate it is for a felon to have that particular right over what is concrete evidence in a particularly horrendous rape case.

Snip
... she was attacked and raped in her apartment one night in 2004.
The perpetrator was never caught, but HB, who was 20 at the time, had told police that the attacker had "a large, cross-shaped scar on his right thigh".

The Irish woman is to testify against CB. in court next week.

The public prosecutor's office has filed a motion to show pictures from CB's health record in court. But as long as the suspect does not give his consent, the photos cannot be made public.
Very telling - would be handy if this was substantiated in court. If true - speaks volumes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap
Back