Germany - Restaurant explosion in Ansbach, 24 July 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
New Livestream. Terrible sound.

Questions.
Police: cannot exclude that he was a radicalized Sunni (?)

Hi

Do you have a direct link I am clicking everywhere and nothing!! TIA

Minister of the Interior: They do not know at this moment WHY the request for asylum was denied. Will find out tomorrow, during the day.

END of PresseKonferenz! (?)

Minister of the Interior: They do not know at this moment WHY the request for asylum was denied. Will find out tomorrow, during the day.

END of PresseKonferenz! (?)

That was like a quick ending to that conference. I was hoping for more...

Someone on the press conference mentions the ganze woche…. so the whole week. Perhaps talking about all the horrific things this week??

Are we missing some

Train attack
Mcdonalds
Bar tonight
Mental illiness that was earlier today got run over by a car not dead

So he was a 27 year old. What is it with all these young people????

Teenagers and men in their twenties!!

Why all the Hate for others???

They HAD so much more of their life to live, a good life they could have had...

IMOO.

IMOO.

I think it is a lot like gang stuff here. Disnefranchised, no eduacation, minimal family, mental,hopelessness, nor relationships,unemployment, language barriers, financial problems no hope for a meaningful future, alchol drugs, being illigal in some instances personal losses as a result of us killing their families over there, capitalism, wanting to feel connected to SOMETHING anything, some purpose.............moo

moo

IIRC some of the attackers in Paris and Belgium all had petty crime backgrounds before turning to terrorism. Such people - probably in poverty/welfare dependence, make fairly good targets for recruiting. The old sociological concept of anomie - these young men are not well integrated into the social order of Western or even any society, and feel no reason to believe in the social contract.

To blame their religion is too simplistic - most Muslims never hurt a soul and many of these men actually aren't very devout or are raised non-religious. It is a much deeper social malaise that, due to all aspects of globalisation, has international consequences.

IMOO.

Excellent question.

I think it is a lot like gang stuff here. Disnefranchised, no eduacation, minimal family, mental,hopelessness, nor relationships,unemployment, language barriers, financial problems no hope for a meaningful future, alchol drugs, being illigal in some instances personal losses as a result of us killing their families over there, capitalism, wanting to feel connected to SOMETHING anything, some purpose.............moo

moo

Great post.

IIRC some of the attackers in Paris and Belgium all had petty crime backgrounds before turning to terrorism. Such people - probably in poverty/welfare dependence, make fairly good targets for recruiting. The old sociological concept of anomie - these young men are not well integrated into the social order of Western or even any society, and feel no reason to believe in the social contract.

To blame their religion is too simplistic - most Muslims never hurt a soul and many of these men actually aren't very devout or are raised non-religious. It is a much deeper social malaise that, due to all aspects of globalisation, has international consequences.

Great post too Eloise. I don't know how we can fight the issues you and CARIIS have mentioned society has a mammoth task in trying to combat this. I don't know how it can be done but countries have to do something we cannot live in a world with constant terrorist bombings, shootings and machete/axe attacks.

mTID BITS

Bavarian Interior Minister said Ansbach bomber tried to detonate twice after being denied entry to music festival - @RhiWilliams91

Officials say suspect in Ansbach, Germany, suicide attacker had been treated for previous suicide attempts - BR24

More: Officials say Ansbach, Germany, suicide bomber had come to Germany 2 years ago - BR24

Ansbach, a city of 40,000 people about 20 miles southwest of Nuremberg in Bavaria.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/one-killed-10-injured-explosion-german-city-ansbach-n615886

cant seem to find much news. I am visual - I need to "see" things- it is how I process!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld1KcUXVISc

Eyewitness ayone speak German?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxi2keCs4c0

The suicide bomber carried a backpack filled with screws, nails, and miscellaneous metal parts used in wood manufacturing a

Emergency personnel approached the bomber after the blast in an attempt to resuscitate, but the bomber was already dead

wiki

Portion of New York's Times Square closed after unattended backpack found - PIX 11

just f/u seems all ok
CoLZ58zWcAAKq22.jpg
CoLZ58zWcAAKq22.jpg

July 24, 2016
11:34 PM EDT Updated

Suicide bomb rocks Ansbach, Germany

An explosion in the southern German city of Ansbach was a suicide attack, according to the region's interior minister. The bomber died in the blast.

A device was exploded by a 27-year-old Syrian national outside a music festival. He had been denied entry into the event due to the lack of a ticket, Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann said during a news conference early Monday.

Twelve people were injured.

The man, who has not yet been named, stood around the festival entrance for a short period before he blew himself up. The music festival and surrounding area were evacuated.

Authorities said the bomber had previously applied for asylum in Germany but had had his application rejected. He was also known to police in Ansbach for previous offenses. German media outlets reported that he had previously attempted suicide.

Herrmann said his backpack contained screws and nails, an apparent attempt to inflict further damage.

Officially this attack is not confirmed as terrorism, he said, but there are strong indications it may be.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/07/24/world/ansbach-germany-blast/index.html#

-------------------
NOT AGAIN??????

Thank you ZaZara for the updates and everyone else. Sad times ��

Yes, I appreciate the updates (in English....though I know enough German to know ganze Woche :) )

I watched Ellen stand-up comedy on youtube tonight....had to get some belly laughs in the midst of all the current events of the past couple of weeks.

Take care, all.

Portion of New York's Times Square closed after unattended backpack found - PIX 11

just f/u seems all ok
CoLZ58zWcAAKq22.jpg
CoLZ58zWcAAKq22.jpg

Yes, backpack removed and the area opened again, but no word on what was in the bag. I hope it was just a lost bag.

Germany suicide bomber was due to be deported to BULGARIA: Syrian who blew himself up outside music festival, injuring 12, in 'Islamist attack' was a failed asylum seeker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-Nuremberg-Germany-one-killed-newspaper.html

Good to see that the backpack remained fairly intact. Shrapnel wounds are terrible. I hope the victims have a speedy recovery.

Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann:
'It's terrible ... that someone who came into our country to seek shelter has now committed such a heinous act and injured a large number of people who are at home here, some seriously,' Herrmann told a hastily convened news conference early on Monday.

'It's a further, horrific attack that will increase the already growing security concerns of our citizens. We must do everything possible to prevent the spread of such violence in our country by people who came here to ask for asylum.'

He told Reuters the recent attacks raised serious questions about Germany's asylum law and security across the country and said he planned to introduce measures at a Bavarian government meeting on Tuesday to strengthen the police forces and ensure they have adequate equipment.

He said investigators had yet to determine the motive of the attacks. 'Because the rucksack and this bomb were packed with so many metal parts that could have killed and injured many more people, it cannot simply be considered a pure suicide attempt.'

Yes, backpack removed and the area opened again, but no word on what was in the bag. I hope it was just a lost bag.

it was just a backpack which a tourist had lost inTimes Square.

had too many windows open and closed the link sorry

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back