Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New York (CNN Business)New York regulators fined Deutsche Bank $150 million Tuesday and slammed the lender for "mistakes and sloppiness" in its relationship with accused sex-trafficker Jeffrey Epstein.

Authorities said Deutsche Bank's "significant compliance failures" allowed Epstein to conduct hundreds of transactions totaling millions of dollars that should have prompted additional scrutiny.
The penalties, which also relate to Deutsche Bank (DB)'s ties to scandal-ridden financial institutions Danske Bank Estonia and FBME Bank, are the first enforcement actions by regulators against a bank for dealings with Epstein.

The New York State Department of Financial Services said Deutsche Bank failed to detect "many subsequent suspicious transactions" conducted by the late multimillionaire, who died by suicide in August 2019 while awaiting trial on federal charges accusing him of operating a sex-trafficking ring involving girls as young as 14 at his Manhattan mansion and his Palm Beach estate.

Deutsche Bank fined $150 million over Jeffrey Epstein ties - CNN

More at link.

@eorden
New York regulators raise significant questions about the behavior of Epstein's personal attorney, who withdrew more than $800K in cash from Epstein's accounts & whom Deutsche Bank officials questioned about possible "structuring" offenses.

* wonder which attorney this was
The attorney that immediately came to my mind possibly wouldn't be classed as his personal attorney. It does sound pretty dodgy though -

Personal attorney made 97 withdrawals from Epstein account

The order also raises questions about others associated with Epstein, including an unnamed personal attorney whom DFS says had the authority to withdraw cash from Epstein's accounts -- and did so 97 times between 2013 and 2017, for a total of more than $800,000.

Two or three times a month, the attorney would withdraw the maximum amount of $7,500 daily for third-party withdrawals, the order says. Epstein told the bank his attorney needed the cash for travel, tipping and expenses.

Regulations require financial institutions to report cash transactions with an individual above $10,000 a day, and "structuring," or breaking up transactions to avoid reporting requirements, is a criminal offense.

Twice between 2014 and 2017, the attorney asked the bank how often he could withdraw cash without triggering an alert, the order says, and in 2017 the attorney broke up a withdrawal over two days after asking a teller about the alerting process. Bank officers confronted the attorney, but he denied intending to skirt reporting rules and was allowed to continue withdrawals, the order says.

Deutsche Bank fined $150 million over Jeffrey Epstein ties - CNN

So much of this overlapping and so many red flags totally ignored. Jeffrey Epstein was one lucky and special dude. Guarantee if one us peons in this country had done a number of cash withdrawals of over $10,000 there would have been a knock on our door.
So what's going to happen to the attorney and who is he?

So much of this overlapping and so many red flags totally ignored. Jeffrey Epstein was one lucky and special dude. Guarantee if one us peons in this country had done a number of cash withdrawals of over $10,000 there would have been a knock on our door.
So what's going to happen to the attorney and who is he?

Maybe he was also a launderer for the Russians?

Anecdotal evidence on power relations when it comes to the taxman: I've got a friend who's a retired auditor from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), who noted that they were instructed to go after the little people and leave the big fish alone. It appears that Deutsche Bank also had the same approach.

ETA: JE was lucky or simply a skilled blackmailer?

Fox News Apologizes, Says It Mistakenly Cropped Trump Out of Jeffrey Epstein Photo (UPDATE)

Fox News apparently cropped President Trump out of a photograph with JE and GM during the their coverage of GM’s arrest. The photo was taken at Mar-a-Lago in 2000. The original and cropped images are shown in the article.

Fox News told Mediaite that the network “mistakenly eliminated” Trump from the photo. See their full statement below:

“On Sunday, July 5, a report on Ghislaine Maxwell during FOX News Channel’s America’s News HQ mistakenly eliminated President Donald Trump from a photo alongside then Melania Knauss, Jeffrey Epstein and Maxwell. We regret the error.”

Fox News Crops Trump Out of Jeffrey Epstein Photo

Um, how do you mistakenly crop a photo?
In a photo of two couples? You can't.

Last edited:
They had a more involved relationship than that, especially given that they were both wealthy white men with expensive properties in Palm Beach and NYC, and, more importantly, big players in NYC's 'modeling' world.

Perhaps the most famous DT quote regarding JE is this one, from The Guardian: “He’s a lot of fun to be with,” Trump famously told New York magazine in 2002. “It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”

Here's a Business Insider article about the JE/Mar-a-Lago connection:

How one Epstein victim was said to be recruited from Mar-a-Lago, and all the other connections between the accused sex trafficker and Trump's Palm Beach resort

Another Business Insider piece, on their relationship, with footage that shows that JE was no stranger to DT and M-a-L.:
Trump and Epstein at a 1992 Mar-a-Lago party

Sidenote: Trump's been on JE's plane, the Lolita Express, at least once:

Unsealed flight logs show that Trump was on Epstein's private jet in 1997

OT: @Vern—Your question about the tall grey-haired guy ducking for cover in the Mar a Lago party video sent me googling (inquiring minds and all that). I won’t won’t name him here because it isn’t really relevant and would violate TOS, but if you’re curious, google is your friend...type in “who is very tall man with gray hair at mar a lago with epstein 1992” and scroll down a bit. If he didn’t want to be seen on camera why be at that party...with a date? One of life’s little mysteries. He was contacted by the press when the video came out, but I didn’t see that question asked.

Regarding how Epstein made his money...I think he blackmailed wealthy perverts. I’ve always wondered why the Victoria’s Secret guy gave him power of attorney. I imagine GM set these guys up with young girls, filmed them and Epstein told them they’d be exposed (literally and figuratively) if they didn’t pay up.
JMO

ITA!

JMO: This is most likely how JE made his fortune..It makes sense now as no one can seem to find out how he became so filthy rich... Blackmail...it's all coming together!

Sources say Prince Andrew is "agonising" over the arrest of socialite Ghislaine Maxwell and fears "making enemies".

The Duke is caught in a dilemma over how to proceed while facing questioning by the FBI.

A source said: “Volatire on his deathbed, who was asked by the priest to renounce the devil, replied: 'This is no time to be making enemies'.

“The same applies to Prince Andrew. He is damned if he does [condemn Ms Maxwell] and damned if he doesn't.

“This doesn't seem a good time for him to publicly come out and criticise her. It would seem bad timing to do that now.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12041691/ghislaine-maxwell-latest-news-jeffrey-epstein/

Maybe this has been posted before. This is Christina Oxenberg, Andrew’s cousin, talking about him before GM was arrested. She believes GM used Andrew. I have no idea how reliable she is though.

“He did idiotic things,” Oxenberg continued. “But he’s not a pedophile. He’s not a sex ring organizer. I’m sure he’s filled with regret and remorse. He loves his family. He’s duty-bound. He loves his mother and doesn’t want to bring her grief.”

Oxenberg admitted she wasn’t surprised Andrew wound up befriending Epstein and his notorious pal.

“Andrew didn’t understand, and it’s not his fault, but he was targeted specifically by Epstein and Maxwell,” she said. “Andrew thought they were friends… He was targeted by Ghislaine and I know that. I just happen to know that for a fact.”
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...frey-epstein-christina-oxenberg-prince-andrew
Ghislaine Maxwell was ‘a faithful lapdog’ to Jeffrey Epstein, wanted to marry him, royal cousin claims

1 Result for search Ghislaine Maxwell Clear Form
inmate_profile.jpg

GHISLAINE NOELLE MAXWELL
Register Number: 02879-509
Race: White
Sex: Female
Located at: Brooklyn MDC
Release Date: UNKNOWN
Inmate Locator

Maybe this has been posted before. This is Christina Oxenberg, Andrew’s cousin, talking about him before GM was arrested. She believes GM used Andrew. I have no idea how reliable she is though.

“He did idiotic things,” Oxenberg continued. “But he’s not a pedophile. He’s not a sex ring organizer. I’m sure he’s filled with regret and remorse. He loves his family. He’s duty-bound. He loves his mother and doesn’t want to bring her grief.”

Oxenberg admitted she wasn’t surprised Andrew wound up befriending Epstein and his notorious pal.

“Andrew didn’t understand, and it’s not his fault, but he was targeted specifically by Epstein and Maxwell,” she said. “Andrew thought they were friends… He was targeted by Ghislaine and I know that. I just happen to know that for a fact.”
Ghislaine Maxwell was ‘a faithful lapdog’ to Jeffrey Epstein, wanted to marry him, royal cousin claims

Will all these various friends and distant relatives of GM and PA be called as witnesses to say something along the lines that the GM/JE underage sex ring was common knowledge? From these media quotes, it certainly appears they at least knew of it.

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

·
12h

The date is set. Ghislaine Maxwell’s arraignment and bail hearing is set for July 14th at 1 p.m., and a live video of the proceedings will be available from the courthouse.
@CourthouseNews

EcXPhiIWAAYTr1q

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

·
12h

Victims will have the right to be heard at the bail proceedings.
EcXQRVTWsAE-pmC

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

·
10h

To be clear: The live video will be available only for those watching AT the courthouse, in a limited space subject to social distancing restrictions.

What now for Prince Andrew? Royal faces scrutiny after Maxwell's arrest

"He's inextricably linked with this story, there is no exit strategy," PR guru Mark Borkowski said.

LONDON — As the lurid headlines swirl in the wake of the arrest of Jeffrey Epstein's longtime confidant Ghislaine Maxwell, questions again are surging over what comes next for Britain's Prince Andrew, who is caught up in the high-profile affair...

Meanwhile, the scandal that has for years dogged Andrew, 60, the second son of Queen Elizabeth II, does not appear to be going away.

"It's a bit of a nightmare at the moment," British public relations agent Mark Borkowski told NBC News. "He's inextricably linked with this story, there is no exit strategy."...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro