Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
they said it was Dr Hackett but where are the phone records? My understanding was that the caller identified himself as Dr Hackett or a Doctor .. do we really know if it was in fact PH? mOO
Hackett later told 48 Hours that yes, he had called Mari Gilbert. But he said he called her a week later for friends who were helping with the search and never said he met Shannan or rendered “medical care of any sort.”

CBS News reported that phone records, however, showed that he called Mari Gilbert on his wife’s phone on May 3, the day Mari said she got a call from him. Hackett said he just couldn’t remember his story. “A person gets a lot of phone calls,” he told CBS.

You can read Hackett’s letters here.

Dominick Varrone, former Chief of Detectives, told CBS News that Hackett wasn’t a suspect. Strange calls like that were usual for him.

Varrone told CBS: “He’s an individual who likes to get involved. Some call him a storyteller and an exaggerator.” Varrone also said that police didn’t know about the nature of Hackett’s call until months later, which was why they didn’t investigate him right away.

Last edited:
I know someone upthread mentioned a boat. I, too, believe he (at some point) owned a boat. Additionally, I am curious if he was ever issued a 4x4 fishing permit which would enable him to drive onto certain beaches off Ocean Parkway. Some of them can be desolate especially off season. Have there been any searches in the area post hurricane Sandy? There is a 5 mile stretch of beach/dunes from Gilgo to Overlook that I am curious if LE has gone back and searched.

I know someone upthread mentioned a boat. I, too, believe he (at some point) owned a boat. Additionally, I am curious if he was ever issued a 4x4 fishing permit which would enable him to drive onto certain beaches off Ocean Parkway. Some of them can be desolate especially off season. Have there been any searches in the area post hurricane Sandy? There is a 5 mile stretch of beach/dunes from Gilgo to Overlook that I am curious if LE has gone back and searched.
If he hunted ducks, he would likely have had a boat.

[snipped by me]

I'm not sure if the hair is natural or a wig but I do think the bail filing yesterday referenced a hair found on one of the victims that was a match to him via the pizza. A few of us discussed this belt at length yesterday. This is so distinctive. Unless this was somewhere in a box or in an attic or basement, etc. where the wife wouldn't even know of its existence, we really do not know how this wife remained in the dark until yesterday. MOO Fmr. Police Chief Geraldine Hart held a press conference and had a huge blow up of this showing the initials both ways (as WH and upside down as HM). Police reveal 'significant' evidence in unsolved Gilgo Beach serial killer case

This was all over local news. It's hard to believe she didn't see at least one report (MOO). So, maybe she didn't know of the belt's existence so was none the wiser or, maybe she blocked out what she saw. This belt for me, these markings are distinct. If I saw it even once on a relative, friend, whatever, I would remember this and I would recognize it.

Geraldine Hart did this press conference in January 2020, hoping someone, anyone, would come forward. From this link "[Hart] would not say the size of the belt, where exactly it was found at the crime scene and declined to say whether DNA had been found on it." <-- I'm sure LE has so much more than we know.
I was just saying this yesterday. If the belt came from the grandfather ( his monogram) I really find it hard to believe that the wife never saw it on the news. The monogram is also distinct in its design. Were there other items with the grandfathers monogram in the home? It was reported that the home was pretty much as it was when the grandfather lived there so there must have been other items of the grandfathers in the home. Did any of those items bear that monogram? I’m obviously speculating a lot, but all seem like reasonable questions.

Hackett later told 48 Hours that yes, he had called Mari Gilbert. But he said he called her a week later for friends who were helping with the search and never said he met Shannan or rendered “medical care of any sort.”

You can read Hackett’s letters here.

Dominick Varrone, former Chief of Detectives, told CBS News that Hackett wasn’t a suspect. Strange calls like that were usual for him.

Varrone told CBS: “He’s an individual who likes to get involved. Some call him a storyteller and an exaggerator.” Varrone also said that police didn’t know about the nature of Hackett’s call until months later, which was why they didn’t investigate him right away.

Hackett called Mari Gilbert from his wife’s phone (not a friend) May 6th. FACT. The phone pinged just blocks away from
Gilbert’s residence in NJ, which is incredibly strange. Don’t read his BS letter, read the depo.

I really don’t think any of the victims personal items will be in his home, because in his mind the very victims were his personal properties. Overall I hope and pray all the families and friends and even the public gets closure and justice.
Remember he’s just one of the many serial killers out in this world. If the public and law enforcements work together like in this situation I feel these type of evil people will be caught a lot faster instead of years of suffering .
MOO, The way this guy appears to hoard and obsess over his victims, there's 0 chance he doesn't have a collection of reminders near by.

People are creatures of habit a Zebra never loses his strips. So If I had a question to ask it would be what is the purpose of hurting so many people and their families. Heck I am not related in any shape or form and it’s hurt my heart. I also noticed a lot of these serial killers are highly intelligent individuals and blend in I truly believe they are born with this darkness in them.
It's often said that "a grade-school teacher knew," meaning that early on a teacher or other person in that type of position recognized some form of deviant behavior because they see so many kids. And yes, I also believe that some people are born with this type of darkness in them.

If the belt came from the grandfather ( his monogram) I really find it hard to believe that the wife never saw it on the news. The monogram is also distinct in its design. Were there other items with the grandfathers monogram in the home? It was reported that the home was pretty much as it was when the grandfather lived there so there must have been other items of the grandfathers in the home. Did any of those items bear that monogram?
I'm not sure she would recognize it.

MOO, reasoning being: I lived in the home where my grandparents and great-grandparents had lived. There was SO MUCH random stuff left from their lives (all but 1 of them are long gone). Some items probably had some monograms. Some items were gifted, inherited, or left over by other family members. I'd recognize the more interesting stuff, like the box grandparents got for their wedding that we kept documents in or that watch-necklace thing granny had that I loved or my great-grandmothers headcomb. But a random tiny mens clothing item, like a belt? Nope, sorry. And my partner would probably recognize almost none of these items.

Just watched the presser. What I took from it: New York State Police took the case and assigned ONE investigator back in February of 2022. Within a month they had Heuermanns name.

Suffolk County PD has a lot to answer for. As a New Yorker with immediate family in both Nassau and Suffolk Counties, I am livid.

Just watched the presser. What I took from it: New York State Police took the case and assigned ONE investigator back in February of 2022. Within a month they had Heuermanns name.

Suffolk County PD has a lot to answer for. As a New Yorker with immediate family in both Nassau and Suffolk Counties, I am livid.
I'm nowhere near NY, but I am equally angry, for you and others in the community who have had to live in the shadow of this, and for the families of the victims. At least two mothers aren't alive to see this day (Mari and Lorraine). How many other friends and family died without answers when this was so solvable? So, so livid.

MOO

I think she may have met him on a call with the child in tow or left the child in her car. It's far more common than it should be. He may have not known she brought a child until after he killed her. But did other women have drivers or were picked up a motel by him?
I mean, take a look at his Google searches. He definitely liked younger girls and I think that's why he went for petite girls. Makes me sick typing it but it seems to be true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove