Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen the footage of the processing of the Gacy house? They tore that right down to the studs, it was a shell by the end. All the floors were gone (though that was mainly a practicality to access and document the victims buried in the crawlspace). It wouldn't surprise me if we see similar diligence here. This suspect has had a family connection to this house his whole life, he probably took at least one (and possibly many more) victims there, and he has carpentry skills. They're not just going to be looking in the rooms, they're going to be looking in walls and floors and ceiling cavities. Trophies or other crime-associated items could be hidden anywhere in the structure and grounds.

MOO

Yes. Gacy's crime scene was crazy. It was in the news for weeks, months. I was traveling on business in the Chicago area about a month after his arrest, The local rep who was driving me around took us past Gacy's house. There wasn't much left at that point, they had found most of the bodies by then. It was a surreal fall and winter, between Jim Jones in November and John Wayne Gacy making news around Christmas. The late 70's were harsh.

Missing blanket,or carpet,curtains etc I can't remember which one but one of the victims was wrapped in something other than the burlap.
You’re thinking of Peaches (mother of the toddler) found with a floral comforter or sheet. She is not listed on the Suffolk Gilgo site as one of the victims because she was found in Hempstead which is Nassau County. Toddler was found at Gilgo.

Last edited:
I guess he's happy collecting his pension (which I assume he's still receiving).

The article below is from 2018

Burke was released from prison last month and has been paid more than $600,000 by the county. He still earns a yearly pension of almost $150,000.

Is that a bottle of Crown Royal in the blue bag he's carrying?

I guess he's happy collecting his pension (which I assume he's still receiving).

Burke was released from prison last month and has been paid more than $600,000 by the county. He still earns a yearly pension of almost $150,000.

If Suffolk County is able to recoup any of this money, it should be put towards a fund to do advanced forensic testing on unsolved cases & identify Suffolk County Does!

From the article:

"Suffolk County Legislator Rob Trotta has proposed legislation to recoup $1.5 million of taxpayer money from former Chief of Police James Burke.

Burke went to prison after he was found guilty of beating a man while in police custody. Suffolk County paid Loeb a $1.5 million settlement – and the county is still paying for the former police chief’s job benefits."

He looks like a different person now.
I'm not sure how old he is, but he aged considerably.
I would never guess he is the same man.

JMO

I cannot believe this man still gets a pension, that is sickening

I don't think it's weird he paid taxes on the empty lots, but IMO the fact that he paid $5,500 in taxes on those lots in March 2022 while still having $641 in outstanding taxes on the Massapequa Park house in the 2022 tax year (his tax assessment on that house was $6,020 in 2022, so not significantly more than the 4 lots in SC) is interesting.
Does anyone get the feeling that he wanted to debase that house, let it go to shambles, fill the house with from floor to ceiling, turn it into an arsenal and do his sleazy acts and searches in Mommy’s house? As time goes on, will the SC property, from which the older green Avalanche was seized, and the current residents be fully investigated? Will anyone else be implicated?

Does anyone get the feeling that he wanted to debase that house, let it go to shambles, fill the house with from floor to ceiling, turn it into an arsenal and do his sleazy acts and searches in Mommy’s house? As time goes on, will the SC property, from which the older green Avalanche was seized, and the current residents be fully investigated? Will anyone else be implicated?
That's an interesting question. It seems he planned to retire in SC, and retirement years are approaching. What were his plans for that house? Tear it down and sell the lot? Surely he couldn't sell "as is" with potential evidence in the house (and potentially quite literally IN the house).

jmo

I think that's the point. I would venture a guess that before it's all over everything will be removed. Especially since they feel that one or more of the of the women were killed inside that house. Anything could have been touched etc.
Once the place is cleared out we wiil most likely see all the floors walls ceiling etc opened/removed etc. Just a horrific thing to digest for a stranger let alone for his immediate family JMO
When the house is emptied, any luminal tests will be very interesting.

He looks like a different person now.
I'm not sure how old he is, but he aged considerably.
I would never guess he is the same man.

JMO
I hope they don't close this case with RH's arrest. There are definetely some people that need to be looked into, and James Burke is one of them.

I feel that there may be a third killer at work here, next to Bittrolff and Heuermann, with the latter not dismembering his victims. The GB4 and the Asian male were not dismembered.

And there are quite a few dead bodies on LI that haven't been given as much attention as the GB4.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the exact dates his wife left and returned from her trips that coincided with the girls missing/murders or approximately how long she would be gone for? I wonder if he went trolling for victims as soon as she left and had ample time to clean up/repair/replace things around the house if necessary.

Does anyone know the exact dates his wife left and returned from her trips that coincided with the girls missing/murders or approximately how long she would be gone for? I wonder if he went trolling for victims as soon as she left and had ample time to clean up/repair/replace things around the house if necessary.
I guess his wife will tell us if his time alone was planned long in advance or not, as that may change the way he operated. I reckon he didn't have much time to stalk his victims out on the streets, if so, with a busy job and an unsuspecting family.

Heuermann not watching the news while in jail is interesting to me. If all reports are true, he was extremely interested in the case and especially interested in talking to people about it. Getting their ideas but also sharing his. If he watches the news he can't respond. The narrative is out of his control. Maybe he doesn't want others to see him mad. It seems like he has some sort of self control. We know he is able to have dates with sex workers and not kill. Maybe he waits until the second or third date. He's a hunter. Since LE has some of the phone records, they'll know. IMO, theres already enough evidence to put this guy away forever but it's always nice to have more.
If I understand you correctly, I concur. Viewing videos within the confines of LE would be intimidating. A criminal with an ounce of sense would put on a poker face.

Heuermann not watching the news while in jail is interesting to me. If all reports are true, he was extremely interested in the case and especially interested in talking to people about it. Getting their ideas but also sharing his. If he watches the news he can't respond. The narrative is out of his control. Maybe he doesn't want others to see him mad. It seems like he has some sort of self control. We know he is able to have dates with sex workers and not kill. Maybe he waits until the second or third date. He's a hunter. Since LE has some of the phone records, they'll know. IMO, theres already enough evidence to put this guy away forever but it's always nice to have more.
Yes, it looks like he is able to control his urges, killing only when his family is reliably away. That makes his "kill window" rather small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke