Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@AshleyEANews

#BREAKINGNEWS: Three law enforcement sources tell @CBSNews investigators believe one or more of the #GilgoBeach murders that #RexHeuermann is charged with took place in the #MassapequaPark house he shares with his wife & kids.

And there it is. There is a strong likelihood he killed at least one at his home, as I suspected. And that's why they're focused so hard on every little thing in that house. It's a crime scene, not just a nest.

MOO

It is different watching the case as an interested party on the outside. Now, the news is very negative towards him and his narcissitic self can't handle it. He is no longer in control.
Beyond coverage of the murders, I also think he knows his dilapidated house, possessions, finances, the horrors found in the house are also in the news and up for public scrutiny, to his humiliation. At least, I would expect him to feel shame. But who knows - maybe he simply doesn't care.

jmo

Trying to keep up --

He's an architect. I hope LE compares blueprints and specs and uses every measuring device available to them in search of hidden space. False walls, false floors, bunkers with hidden access. He operated invisibly possibly for decades... those walls may harbor more than secrets.

JMO

We do know he had a designer, Katherine Shepherd, coming in to look and take specs and that she worked with him on a remodeling project for the home in 2005. There have also been reports from others about the state of the house more recently. I'm starting to think the Massapequa house was a little tiny version Winchester House and just constantly under construction. Lots of ghosts. Fixing and sealing it up piecemeal. Maybe the boards seen being carried into the house today are bracing something.

Old Link just for reference: EXCLUSIVE: Accused Gilgo Beach killer Rex Heuermann had secret locked room in his basement and refused to let interior designer in saying it was 'filled with guns' - as she says: 'He is just like Dexter'

It’s interesting to me that they were all positioned facing East, and his home on LI is East (Northeast) of AC.
Lots of things are East. The sun and moon and stars rise in the East. Mecca is East, Europe is East. Disneyland Paris is East.

We know it's significant to him because he did it with all four victims. But without information from or about him, it's impossible to know why.

MOO

Of all the cases I've followed when residences are searched, I've never seen such an extensive amount of items seized.

jmo
Have you seen the footage of the processing of the Gacy house? They tore that right down to the studs, it was a shell by the end. All the floors were gone (though that was mainly a practicality to access and document the victims buried in the crawlspace). It wouldn't surprise me if we see similar diligence here. This suspect has had a family connection to this house his whole life, he probably took at least one (and possibly many more) victims there, and he has carpentry skills. They're not just going to be looking in the rooms, they're going to be looking in walls and floors and ceiling cavities. Trophies or other crime-associated items could be hidden anywhere in the structure and grounds.

MOO

Beyond coverage of the murders, I also think he knows his dilapidated house, possessions, finances, the horrors found in the house are also in the news and up for public scrutiny, to his humiliation. At least, I would expect him to feel shame. But who knows - maybe he simply doesn't care.

jmo
Yup and I bet he cares. RH would call the victims friends and family to shame the victims. Bullies usually project.

where the women in AC shot? I don't see RH driving through NYC and NJ with a firearm and taking that risk, besides he probably derived pleasure from being hands-on.

They were not. One was asphyxiated, one was killed by ligature strangulation, the other two the method of killing was unable to be determined due to decomposition.

MOO

Last edited:
Just a little James Burke background. No wonder he thought he was "untouchable"... apparently, he was for many years.

Specifically, an internal affairs report from 18 years ago shows that then-Sergeant Burke was attached romantically to a convicted prostitute and drug dealer named Lowrita Rickenbacker. All of her multiple arrests had happened in the precinct in which Burke was a supervisor, but he still claimed to internal affairs investigators that he’d had no knowledge of her criminal history.

Suffolk police investigators concluded that, in 1993, then-Sergeant Burke had a months-long relationship with the prostitution and drug dealing convict, and had on one occasion even left her alone in his car with his gun belt and service weapon in the back seat. The internal affairs report, obtained by Newsday, also substantiated that Burke had, at least once, engaged in a sexual act with Rickenbacker in his patrol car.

After internal affairs probed Burke’s relationship with Lowrita Rickenbacker and substantiated it through testimony and lie detector tests of her and then-Sergeant Burke, it is not at all clear that Burke was disciplined.

Instead, in 2000, five years after the probe was completed, Burke was promoted to lieutenant. Then, in 2002, he was named chief of detectives by District Attorney Spota. In 2012, Burke was named Suffolk County police chief.

Have you seen the footage of the processing of the Gacy house? They tore that right down to the studs, it was a shell by the end. All the floors were gone (though that was mainly a practicality to access and document the victims buried in the crawlspace). It wouldn't surprise me if we see similar diligence here. This suspect has had a family connection to this house his whole life, he probably took at least one (and possibly many more) victims there, and he has carpentry skills. They're not just going to be looking in the rooms, they're going to be looking in walls and floors and ceiling cavities. Trophies or other crime-associated items could be hidden anywhere in the structure and grounds.

MOO
I wonder if his wife can give LE information about any changes she may have come back to after her holidays. Though, I'd expect them to tear it all apart anyway. They have to be sure.

jmo
I am sure having his living situation and finances in the public eye is causing embarrassment. And I hope he also on some level has feelings of shame knowing what he has done to his wife and kids. What happens to them? Do they just get thrown out on the streets with no access to their belongings?

I wonder if his wife can give LE information about any changes she may have come back to after her holidays. Though, I'd expect them to tear it all apart anyway. They have to be sure.
Missing blanket,or carpet,curtains etc I can't remember which one but one of the victims was wrapped in something other than the burlap.

I guess he's happy collecting his pension (which I assume he's still receiving).

The article below is from 2018

Burke was released from prison last month and has been paid more than $600,000 by the county. He still earns a yearly pension of almost $150,000.

I am sure having his living situation and finances in the public eye is causing embarrassment. And I hope he also on some level has feelings of shame knowing what he has done to his wife and kids. What happens to them? Do they just get thrown out on the streets with no access to their belongings?
I think there is other family nearby.

Unfortunately, everything in the house right now is potentially evidence. They may get some items back with time, if they are shown to not be connected to the case. But, as we can see from the sheer volume of stuff, that may take a while to be sorted out. It sucks, but it is what it is.

MOO

Macedonio said Ellerup was told to leave the couple's home with only the clothes on her back and has not been permitted to return as investigators continue searching the residence. Investigators have seized all electronics in the house including those belonging to her and the two adult children. They've also seized her car, which had been parked at the couple's Long Island home.

Macedonio tells CBS News that Ellerup's passport was not seized, but that she does not have access to it as it remains inside the home.

I guess he's happy collecting his pension (which I assume he's still receiving).

The article below is from 2018

Burke was released from prison last month and has been paid more than $600,000 by the county. He still earns a yearly pension of almost $150,000.

How infuriating. He's not only rolling in the dough. He's out free as a bird.

Trying to keep up --

He's an architect. I hope LE compares blueprints and specs and uses every measuring device available to them in search of hidden space. False walls, false floors, bunkers with hidden access. He operated invisibly possibly for decades... those walls may harbor more than secrets.

JMO

That house was built in the 1950s. Would blueprints and specs even exist for it today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke