Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or buildings he was working on. A la Bruce McArthur?
Qq

L
I suppose anything is possible but I wouldn’t think it’s likely, IMOO
Wondering if NY has some basements similar to some in Pa and Ohio. Sometimes called 'Pittsburgh basements/showers" that have a shower in them. Most are just an open shower area in the concrete or tile with a drain, not like a typical bathroom shower area. I guess that could be ideal for dismemberment. Ugh

Qq

L

Wondering if NY has some basements similar to some in Pa and Ohio. Sometimes called 'Pittsburgh basements/showers" that have a shower in them. Most are just an open shower area in the concrete or tile with a drain, not like a typical bathroom shower area. I guess that could be ideal for dismemberment. Ugh
We don’t have those in Suffolk county. Not sure about Nassau county though.

I've never believed that the killer of the GB4 had anything to do the other Long Island murders. But I have always suspected that he might have been responsible for the AC4. I still share that view, 13 years later.

Me too! The AC4 were more similar than the other beach victims.

With the AC4 being murdered during a one month span, (October-November 2006), what are the chances he could have made multiple trips, at least 3hr drive each way, during that time span? I know he has amittedly made trips there, but I can't make it make sense in my mind how he'd pull that one off? I personally don't feel he is the AC4 killer. I think he is responsible for some of the others, but that's JMO.

Qq

L

Off topic...I lived in Pittsburgh for several years back in the mid 90s and recall several of the basements had random toilets in the basement. We called it the "Pittsburgh Potty" lol. Just a random toilet in the middle of unfinished basements, no showers, sinks (other than maybe a mop sink). It was weird.

I think RH was cheap. He paid them for sex (maybe offering double the standard rate) and then killed them to get his money back, plus taking whatever money they had on them already. News articles say his wife was always poor and drove an old car, so he hoards his money. He never intended to pay. Also, in order to dismember a body, you have to have a place to do it, like a murder house. Maybe he had access to a vacant house at one time, but later lost that.

Gary Ridgeway said he killed the SWs because he couldn't afford his sex addiction and that way he got his money back. Pretty sad if he is being 100% honest, I think more comes into play though.

It’s the 1K subsection attached to the penal law charge. Very rare to see even a class A felony murder charge in Nassau and Suffolk Counties, at least. I’ve never seen that subsection used.
Found this explanation.
BBM

New York Penal Law 125.27(1)(a)(xi)

In order for a jury to find Heuermann guilty of Murder in the First Degree, the District Attorney’s Office must prove that Heuermann intended to cause the death of each of the women and in fact caused their deaths. Additionally, this subsection requires that he caused the death of two or more additional people withing New York State in separate events or transactions within a time frame of two years and did so pursuant to a common scheme or plan.

In the event a jury finds that each of the elements were not met, for example, only finding that the prosecution proved one murder beyond a reasonable doubt or that there was not a common scheme or plan, prosecutors could still secure a conviction for Murder in the Second Degree.

New York Penal Law 125.25(1)

A far easier crime to prove without the needed proof of additional murders or a common scheme or plan, a jury must only find that Heuermann intended to kill or cause the death of one of the women and in fact took at least one of their lives.

My hunch is he gets off on making women uncomfortable. I don't think he would kidnap a "nice" woman from a public park, but he might have a chance of engaging her in a conversation that makes her feel "less than" and out of place, vulnerable.

I'm sure many/most of us have encountered guys who made us feel like that. I used to wonder if the men thought they had a chance of success, but now I realize that making a woman uncomfortable and scared IS the success. And if you rebuff them too much, they call you a name as you walk way, preferably loud so you're now publicly shaken and put down.

Just a hunch.

jmo

Good point! Yes, there's way too many of those creeper types.

With the AC4 being murdered during a one month span, (October-November 2006), what are the chances he could have made multiple trips, at least 3hr drive each way, during that time span? I know he has amittedly made trips there, but I can't make it make sense in my mind how he'd pull that one off? I personally don't feel he is the AC4 killer. I think he is responsible for some of the others, but that's JMO.
Disappearing for a few hours or half a day could be easily explained by a business meeting. The hotel where the AC4 were murdered was a flop house and no one was watching it. No one cared (media and pd) when all of these women went missing. That’s why serial killers generally choose sex workers as victims. IMO it’s far more likely that RH is responsible for the AC4 than the other Long Island victims (outside of the GB4).

When I lived in Amsterdam a lot of my friends were Sw's but they worked on the windows and had alarms and ways of contacting each other if things went wrong as they often did with drunken tourists etc.
It was safe and because it was government regulated it was safe sexually too.

So many dangers without protection.

I'm so glad you survived and thank you for bringing your unique insight.

I would prefer sex work be legal so they have security and support from local police rather than disdain.

Off topic...I lived in Pittsburgh for several years back in the mid 90s and recall several of the basements had random toilets in the basement. We called it the "Pittsburgh Potty" lol. Just a random toilet in the middle of unfinished basements, no showers, sinks (other than maybe a mop sink). It was weird.
When you gotta go, you gotta go lol The showers used to be for the men when they were dirty so they didn't go walking through the whole house after coming in from work. I never figured out the toilet thing. I guess you can never have too many toilets haha

I would prefer sex work be legal so they have security and support from local police rather than disdain.
MOO
They would be security and support or they would be a James Burke. He had a real devotion for advancing prostitution in his own backyard.

"But for years, the investigation into their deaths stalled, with Burke shutting down work on Gilbert's case by labelling her death accidental, even though she had a wound in her neck consistent with a drill."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member