Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post was removd>
I never realized how many prostitues go missing every day in this country, and who are found dead, uuntil reading about this case.
It is so sad.They all started out as beautiful, healthy women.
What happened along the way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im thinking about Atlantic City ..and what feels kind of interesting is if killer would have a car date then he could easily kill
the victim at one location away from eyes and then move the body by car to the location they were found. This would then seem more consistent with RH. Perhaps killing in his big Avalanche truck or driving to say a secluded area that is prearranged. I don't think he will risk a motel... too many things can go wrong with a motel..maybe he meets them for dinner and drinks and talks them into a drive...also you can probably pick up street girls pretty easy there...but I think he likes to make dates over the phone. mOO
I was thinking if he did the dinner thing, it may be to put them at ease, then it would be easier to get them to go back to his house with him. Maybe tempted them with an overnight "fee". His wife was gone, so he literally had all the time in the world to take them out to dinner, then move on to the sick stuff.

I never realized how many prostitues go missing every day in this country, and who are found dead, uuntil reading about this case.
It is so sad.They all started out as beautiful, healthy women.
What happened along the way?
Many are victims of abuse and/or are addicts, etc. Not all, but many and then they become victims once again in the sex industry. It's a vicious and dangerous cycle.

Im thinking about Atlantic City ..and what feels kind of interesting is if killer would have a car date then he could easily kill
the victim at one location away from eyes and then move the body by car to the location they were found. This would then seem more consistent with RH. Perhaps killing in his big Avalanche truck or driving to say a secluded area that is prearranged. I don't think he will risk a motel... too many things can go wrong with a motel..maybe he meets them for dinner and drinks and talks them into a drive...also you can probably pick up street girls pretty easy there...but I think he likes to make dates over the phone although these victims may not have been on-line advertisers..I haven't seen much around that ..mOO
It’s possible but the motel in question was a “No tell, motel”. It was a grimy, crime ridden motel whose workers were paid and or threatened to look the other way or to not pay too close attention. In my opinion, it makes sense that the women in question rented the room to work out of and the John’s met them there. There were no cameras and no one was paying attention to who was coming and going. That and if the murders took place in that one room with a back door to the ditch, he could have easily disposed of the body, left and had no one know when the murder took place to track to a person.

Interestingly, retired NYPD sergeant Joseph Giacalone doesn't think it's likely RH murdered the victims inside his home. I wish Levy had asked him where he thought they'd been killed.

Approx 6:44 mark

Can locals help me out here: how do you interpret that?
Does it mean, that he got a hunting licence for hunting in Alaska - does US issue hunting licences by the state?
Or does it mean, that he got any hunting licence, be it for any random area or be it a US-wide licence, but he for some reason got it in Alaska? What would the reasons be for that? Is it, for example, easier to get said licence in Alaska, because they do not require, say, eyesight testing or something? Just cheaper?

It would be for hunting in Alaska. States make their own laws for hunting and gun regulations, as long as they are not in conflict with federal laws.

It’s possible but the motel in question was a “No tell, motel”. It was a grimy, crime ridden motel whose workers were paid and or threatened to look the other way or to not pay too close attention. In my opinion, it makes sense that the women in question rented the room to work out of and the John’s met them there. There were no cameras and no one was paying attention to who was coming and going. That and if the murders took place in that one room with a back door to the ditch, he could have easily disposed of the body, left and had no one know when the murder took place to track to a person.

true , I think a visual of the location would help..still the killer has to get the girl from the room to the ditch area..a ground floor room in the back at the end would be ideal...if I try to visualize...also beige 60 ft apart, super consistent with the Gilgo 4.

true , I think a visual of the location would help..still the killer has to get the girl from the room to the ditch area..a ground floor room in the back at the end would be ideal...if I try to visualize...also beige 60 ft apart, super consistent with the Gilgo 4.
It’s a single story strip motel where the back directly abutted the ditch where the dumping occurred. Only one room had a back door to access the ditch. The motel can been seen in the killing season documentary. It’s a nasty place.

This does not at all seem like RH's MO. These girls were streetwalkers, not call girls. The killer did not spend a very long time with them. The dumping of the bodies was straightforward and not elaborate.
RH is said to avoid motels, rather having the girls meet him at an appointed time and place..and then driving them to the killing place.
However, he is said to have a mercurial disposition, so he may have at times (and depending on what drugs he was taking)
altered his methods. If he was pressured for time, he might have resorted to a quick pickup, a frenzied killing, and a crude dumping of the body.
Ted Bundy and other notorious SKs oftened switched MO's.

To add a note to my last post:
"Please See Me" by Caitlin Mullen is a fictionalized tale of the AC murders. Mullen carefully researched the murders before writing her very compelling novel. She won an Edgar Award for New Writers for this, her first book.

It’s a single story strip motel where the back directly abutted the ditch where the dumping occurred. Only one room had a back door to access the ditch. The motel can been seen in the killing season documentary. It’s a nasty place.

Clip from The Killing Season documentary that shows the Atlantic City motel:

Police Off The Cuff, Sgt Cannon (Ret) and Detective Grimaldi (Ret) both NYPD covered how the police can use their exemplar DNA sample to test against other cases, without violating the presumption of innocence of the suspect, which precludes database entry before conviction, thereby losing that evidence as fruit of the poison tree. Since we had a lot of discussion on the topic, I thought their explanation would be relevant. (I’ve seen links to their channel allowed, so I hope this is okay.)

This does not at all seem like RH's MO. These girls were streetwalkers, not call girls. The killer did not spend a very long time with them. The dumping of the bodies was straightforward and not elaborate.
RH is said to avoid motels, rather having the girls meet him at an appointed time and place..and then driving them to the killing place.
However, he is said to have a mercurial disposition, so he may have at times (and depending on what drugs he was taking)
altered his methods. If he was pressured for time, he might have resorted to a quick pickup, a frenzied killing, and a crude dumping of the body.
Ted Bundy and other notorious SKs oftened switched MO's.
Drugs? What drugs?

In the video Rex did with the Bonjour Realty guy, he made mention that when he went out on his own, his first "paying client" during the 90's recession was a man named Robert Mayer. They met when they were standing in line at the Queens Building Dept.

He pronounced Mayer in the video as one would say Oscar Mayer...(like "My"er)

There was a Robert Mayer who suspiciously went missing in 2013 from Dix Hills. He was an electrician, so it makes sense he could have been there pulling permits in the 90's. He was roughly about the same age as Rex, I think maybe 2-3 years younger. His vehicle was found abandoned at at train station that was beside a nature preserve IIRC.

Just thinking out loud, wondering if it potentially was the same man, or if Robert Mayer's name was pronounced more like "May"er, not "My"er. Not sure if any locals on here who may be familiar with that family and how they pronounced their name?
Oh wow great find! I just got chills reading this

Interestingly, retired NYPD sergeant Joseph Giacalone doesn't think it's likely RH murdered the victims inside his home. I wish Levy had asked him where he thought they'd been killed.

Funny you should say that because my gut feeling from the start was that he killed his victims in his car. I'm not sure why I had that gut feeling, and it sure wasn't based on anything solid, it was always just how I saw it in my mind. You know what I mean, I'm sure. But anyway, I still have nothing to base that gut feeling and I have no clue where he killed these poor women, but if you think about it, killing them in the car does make sense given the isolated area of where the victims were found. Pull off Ocean Parkway or around the Jones Beach area ( didn't RH work at Jones Beach Park at one point ?) , and who would be the wiser. No nosy neighbors to see, no one to hear, not far to drive to a dumpsite, etc. etc.

Just random thoughts prompted by insomnia, I guess.

ETA: Wanted to briefly mention how much I have valued your input on this case over the many LONG LONG years, Fredna. I could say the same of so many members who have tirelessly research this case for years, but tonight I'm singling you out. So thar !

I was thinking the same. Being in architecture, codes and buildings, RH probably knew a lot about cameras on LI. Or, there can always be a nosy neighbor witnessing a young woman entering the house. It is possible that he could pick them up in the car and drive to the house, especially if the driveway could end in the back, but more likely, he’d either murder in the car, or have a lair. A lair in the woody area, which a “hunter” could visit. I think he’d pick them up somewhere in a car and drive to a lair.

the victim at one location away from eyes and then move the body by car to the location they were found. This would then seem more consistent with RH. Perhaps killing in his big Avalanche truck or driving to say a secluded area that is prearranged. I don't think he will risk a motel... too many things can go wrong with a motel..maybe he meets them for dinner and drinks and talks them into a drive...also you can probably pick up street girls pretty easy there...but I think he likes to make dates over the phone although these victims may not have been on-line advertisers..I haven't seen much around that ..mOO

One think that could always go wrong with him is his height/weight. I just Googled: the NYC is the most crowded one, the average height of a New York make is 5 feet 8.1 inches. This guy was, what? 6’6”? Plus, broad shoulders. He would be noticeable in any crowd. One benefit of picking women from the street into the car is that he would be sitting and his height, less noticeable. As to shady motels, it is possible, but probably in late 90es. I think after 9-11 everyone in the area became more aware, and it must have included signalization and lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem