Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the time they started finding bodies along Ocean Parkway, they had enough to get approval. Apparently, they did retrieve a lot of phone data, because some of it was used to arrest Rex H. The first investigation team probably didn't know how to use it, or saw things they couldn't explain.

It would be very interesting to know how far back those phone records and cell tower pings went. They had to at least go back to the time of Shannan's disappearance because LE were able to track the other victims cell phones. Those women were killed before Shannan. So, to answer my own question, they probably do have cell phone data from the night Shannan disappeared.
Unless they lost it. Like her jacket. Grrrr.

MOO

In the video Rex did with the Bonjour Realty guy, he made mention that when he went out on his own, his first "paying client" during the 90's recession was a man named Robert Mayer. They met when they were standing in line at the Queens Building Dept.

He pronounced Mayer in the video as one would say Oscar Mayer...(like "My"er)

There was a Robert Mayer who suspiciously went missing in 2013 from Dix Hills. He was an electrician, so it makes sense he could have been there pulling permits in the 90's. He was roughly about the same age as Rex, I think maybe 2-3 years younger. His vehicle was found abandoned at at train station that was beside a nature preserve IIRC.

Just thinking out loud, wondering if it potentially was the same man, or if Robert Mayer's name was pronounced more like "May"er, not "My"er. Not sure if any locals on here who may be familiar with that family and how they pronounced their name?
Where is this video?

It is NOT pronounced Meyer. Furthermore, Robert Mayer is a very commom name. Robert Meyer even moreso. IMO it is highly unlikely that his disappearance is related. As a Long Islander, this is another case I have followed since day one. There are so many different extenuating circumstance in RM's case, which I won't go into here in order to not derail this thread where we are discussing LISK and the G4.
I agree it’s not likely connected. However, Robert Mayer was a seasoned electrician who worked on new buildings and was doing so the day he disappeared and RH is was an architect. It’s not out of the realm of possibilities they crossed paths at some point.

<modsnip - quoted post was removd>
I never realized how many prostitues go missing every day in this country, and who are found dead, uuntil reading about this case.
It is so sad.They all started out as beautiful, healthy women.
What happened along the way?

I knew one of the AC victims as a child. Prescription painkiller addiction. I would never in a million years have thought her future would look like it did.

Last edited:
I agree it’s not likely connected. However, Robert Mayer was a seasoned electrician who worked on new buildings and was doing so the day he disappeared and RH is was an architect. It’s not out of the realm of possibilities they crossed paths at some point.
I was interested in the scrap yard where Mr. Mayer as last seen.
That scrap yard is within 5.5 miles of RH home. My thought was RH could have used that scrap yard as a dumping ground in the very early years of his killing spree. All speculation.

I was interested in the scrap yard where Mr. Mayer as last seen.
That scrap yard is within 5.5 miles of RH home. My thought was RH could have used that scrap yard as a dumping ground in the very early years of his killing spree. All speculation.
Well if that was the case, there would be a very pungent smell. I don’t believe that scrap yard is very big either. There was a reason for RM to been there but RH had no business whatsoever being there.

By the time they started finding bodies along Ocean Parkway, they had enough to get approval. Apparently, they did retrieve a lot of phone data, because some of it was used to arrest Rex H. The first investigation team probably didn't know how to use it, or saw things they couldn't explain.

It would be very interesting to know how far back those phone records and cell tower pings went. They had to at least go back to the time of Shannan's disappearance because LE were able to track the other victims cell phones. Those women were killed before Shannan. So, to answer my own question, they probably do have cell phone data from the night Shannan disappeared.
*I’m gonna use your comment to this article from April 2011 about his phone calls:

A series of taunting phone calls made to the teenage sister of one of the victims — calls that the police suspect came from the killer — were made from in or around some of the most crowded locations in New York City, including Madison Square Garden and Times Square, according to the people briefed on the case and to the mother of Melissa Barthelemy, that victim.

The locations, detectives say, were probably chosen because they allowed the caller to blend into crowds, so that if investigators pinpointed his location from the cellphone’s signal, they would be unable to pick him out of the crowd using any nearby surveillance cameras, one of the people said.

This fact, as well as the killer’s use of disposable cellphones to contact the four victims who have been identified — women in their 20s who advertised their services on Craigslist — suggested to some investigators that the killer was well versed in criminal investigative techniques, gleaned either through personal experience or in some other way, and could even be in law enforcement himself.

“He is a guy who is aware of how we utilize technology,” one
investigator said. “Frankly, people are thinking maybe he could be a cop” — either one still in law enforcement or one who has moved on.

“Without question, this guy is smart, this guy is not a dope,” the investigator continued. “It’s a guy who thinks about things.”

Once the divorce proceedings start, and marital assets are divided/sold, I wonder how this would affect his brother residing on his SC property? One of the "structures" on 1031 Rippling Brooke Dr is a mobile home. Mobile homes are taxed as "personal property," not real estate. One structure on the property is NOT owned by Rex, nor taxed under his name, only the land is. I am also wondering if he leased the lots, or at least the one 5+/- acre parcel containing the "structures" pre-July 2021. I guess time will tell.

A previous google maps image of the property from 2013 shows 2 military-type trucks parked behind the gate, and a weird pirate flag that I can't find anywhere online. (Images attached) the most recent "street view" of the property was June 2023. The flag itself is now gone, only the broken pole remains. The military vehicles still show in the current satellite view image.

* Also to note, Rex's 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche was sold/transferred sometime in 2014, as it first appears in SC personal property tax records OUT of Rex's name on 7/31/2014.View attachment 437198View attachment 437199View attachment 437200

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 2.48.32 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 2.48.32 PM.png
    527.8 KB · Views: 45
Suffolk County District Attorney Raymond Tierney was grilled in a press conference on Tuesday about the chilling alleged discovery of a mattress inside a huge vault in the basement of his home in Massapequa Park.

The DA repeatedly refused to confirm or deny the existence of the potentially harrowing piece of evidence but did confirm the existence of the walk-in underground vault beneath the property that he shared with his family.

“The vault is big enough to walk into and it’s in the basement,” he said, adding that “like the rest of the house, [the vault] was cluttered”.

Well if that was the case, there would be a very pungent smell. I don’t believe that scrap yard is very big either. There was a reason for RM to been there but RH had no business whatsoever being there.
Read about the services the scrap yard provides. RH could have used a few of those services.
I’m not thinking of body disposal.
I realize this is a remote possibility and not a popular speculation. Just sayn’
At the least, LE might want to check out this Scrap Yard Business to see if R H ever did any business with them long ago or more recently.

Last edited:
Jessica Taylor

When Taylor was linked to the unsolved Gilgo Beach murders in 2011, she stood out among the cases for having been the only one identified years prior to her connection to what is now known as the Long Island Serial Killer case. Her family marked what would have been her 40th birthday on June 17.

“We are very aware that this year marks 20 years of Jessica being gone. It’s the same amount of time that she got to be alive before being taken from us in one of the most awful ways imaginable,” Jasmine Robinson, Taylor’s cousin who has been advocating for justice in the case, told the Press. She has expressed hope that Heuermann’s arrest may lead to a break in Taylor’s case as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jessica Taylor

When Taylor was linked to the unsolved Gilgo Beach murders in 2011, she stood out among the cases for having been the only one identified years prior to her connection to what is now known as the Long Island Serial Killer case. Her family marked what would have been her 40th birthday on June 17.

“We are very aware that this year marks 20 years of Jessica being gone. It’s the same amount of time that she got to be alive before being taken from us in one of the most awful ways imaginable,” Jasmine Robinson, Taylor’s cousin who has been advocating for justice in the case, told the Press. She has expressed hope that Heuermann’s arrest may lead to a break in Taylor’s case as well.
“2016, Khalil White — who was alternately described as Taylor’s pimp and boyfriend — told the A&E docuseries The Killing Season that homicide squad detectives informed him that she was found wrapped in burlap.

That detail was significant because it was also widely reported that the first four victims found in Gilgo Beach in December 2010 were also wrapped in burlap. Taylor, however, was previously reported to have been covered with plastic, although police did not confirm that detail.

“The department has not addressed the question of burlap vs. plastic or any other materials,” police recently told the Press.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking the same. Being in architecture, codes and buildings, RH probably knew a lot about cameras on LI. Or, there can always be a nosy neighbor witnessing a young woman entering the house. It is possible that he could pick them up in the car and drive to the house, especially if the driveway could end in the back, but more likely, he’d either murder in the car, or have a lair. A lair in the woody area, which a “hunter” could visit. I think he’d pick them up somewhere in a car and drive to a lair.
I thought about his profession and how it probably was an advantage to him because he new so much about the city and yes about where cameras where placed. So scary!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member