Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did in fact see that particular image when I searched, but could not find the one specifically pictured. I should have been more clear. (I was assuming it was purchased from somewhere, although it's possible they made it or had it made.) I did read about "Captain Blood" which is what came up in the search. Oh, the rabbit holes I find myself down o_O

“2016, Khalil White — who was alternately described as Taylor’s pimp and boyfriend — told the A&E docuseries The Killing Season that homicide squad detectives informed him that she was found wrapped in burlap.

That detail was significant because it was also widely reported that the first four victims found in Gilgo Beach in December 2010 were also wrapped in burlap. Taylor, however, was previously reported to have been covered with plastic, although police did not confirm that detail.

“The department has not addressed the question of burlap vs. plastic or any other materials,” police recently told the Press.”

Thanks for posting this, somehow I've never come across that quote before. I've always thought this was the work of a single killer and details like this make me even more confident. I suspect in the coming months and years we'll begin to see more and more connections between the defendant and the other victims.

I look forward to the day when they all have their names back.

Once the divorce proceedings start, and marital assets are divided/sold, I wonder how this would affect his brother residing on his SC property? One of the "structures" on 1031 Rippling Brooke Dr is a mobile home. Mobile homes are taxed as "personal property," not real estate. One structure on the property is NOT owned by Rex, nor taxed under his name, only the land is. I am also wondering if he leased the lots, or at least the one 5+/- acre parcel containing the "structures" pre-July 2021. I guess time will tell.

A previous google maps image of the property from 2013 shows 2 military-type trucks parked behind the gate, and a weird pirate flag that I can't find anywhere online. (Images attached) the most recent "street view" of the property was June 2023. The flag itself is now gone, only the broken pole remains. The military vehicles still show in the current satellite view image.

* Also to note, Rex's 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche was sold/transferred sometime in 2014, as it first appears in SC personal property tax records OUT of Rex's name on 7/31/2014.View attachment 437198View attachment 437199View attachment 437200
I wonder what the military vehicles are there for?!

Thanks for posting this, somehow I've never come across that quote before. I've always thought this was the work of a single killer and details like this make me even more confident. I suspect in the coming months and years we'll begin to see more and more connections between the defendant and the other victims.

I look forward to the day when they all have their names back.
I’m fairly certain that Khalil mis-remembered this. Every other article, statement, regarding the non-gb4 victims has indicated plastic not burlap. That and his statement that is referenced was made after they released the gb4 information. While I hope all of the victims are related to RH, I still don’t think they are. We are, however, much closer to finding out.

I agree it’s not likely connected. However, Robert Mayer was a seasoned electrician who worked on new buildings and was doing so the day he disappeared and RH is was an architect. It’s not out of the realm of possibilities they crossed paths at some point.
You're right in that it is not out of the realm of possibility that they crossed paths, but that's not what I said. He is not the Robert Meyer that is discussed in the video. The missing husband and father is Robert Mayer. Mayer is pronounced MAY-uhr. The interviewer is clearly saying MY-er.

If the gun vault/soundproof room are the same room, I wonder if it being used as a gun vault was a cover for a room for his sick activities. Or, maybe it was just a gun vault and it had a bonus use for him. I just have a feeling this was a house of horrors while his wife was away.
Yet, what reason does one have to soundproof (or three-foot thicken the walls) a gun storage room?

I'm thinking about creating a story map version of the timeline of events in RH's life -- Would anyone here find this helpful? I'm a visual learner myself so sometimes having things laid out chronologically on a map helps me make sense of things.

I'm thinking about creating a story map version of the timeline of events in RH's life -- Would anyone here find this helpful? I'm a visual learner myself so sometimes having things laid out chronologically on a map helps me make sense of things.
I think someone just did that. I'll try to find it for you

WOW…I have to share this with my fellow WS people here. I’m not an avid podcast listener but if any of you get the chance to listen to LISK:The Long Island Serial Killer, Season 3, episodes 2 & 3, I STRONGLY recommend. I’m not even through episode 2 and I had to stop to tell you all to take a listen. Very insightful and for me, opens up a few more possibilities on what’s been found and where the investigation may go.

I think it would be an amazing tool. I am grateful for the last list you made and have referred to it several times already.

I agree with @K.jill, you have been above and beyond helpful. Thank you so much for the time and dedication you have and continue to put into making timelines and informative posts, they are fantastic!!! <3

Funny you should say that because my gut feeling from the start was that he killed his victims in his car. I'm not sure why I had that gut feeling, and it sure wasn't based on anything solid, it was always just how I saw it in my mind. You know what I mean, I'm sure. But anyway, I still have nothing to base that gut feeling and I have no clue where he killed these poor women, but if you think about it, killing them in the car does make sense given the isolated area of where the victims were found. Pull off Ocean Parkway or around the Jones Beach area ( didn't RH work at Jones Beach Park at one point ?) , and who would be the wiser. No nosy neighbors to see, no one to hear, not far to drive to a dumpsite, etc. etc.

Just random thoughts prompted by insomnia, I guess.

ETA: Wanted to briefly mention how much I have valued your input on this case over the many LONG LONG years, Fredna. I could say the same of so many members who have tirelessly research this case for years, but tonight I'm singling you out. So thar !
If the passenger was leaning over towards his lap, then it would have been easy for him to strangle her.

Man's view Prison officer (PO) -
if a prisoner clobbers a PO - a PO once told me they'll take out 3 crims.
Retribution.

Maybe (if insulted) RH did the same with sex workers
I'm sorry. I'm not understanding this. Are some of the words abbreviated? Perhaps I'm just unfamiliar with verbiage? Could someone help me out, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper