Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, at least before trial.

After trial, he's also likely to be segregated.

Of course, there are always exceptions. Dahmer got to the point where he couldn't stick being in solitary confinement any more and demanded a transfer to genpop after a year, despite people who cared about him begging him not to do it. Some of his statements suggest to me he was passively suicidal. His request was granted, and he was ultimately killed by another inmate. He made no attempt to defend himself.

Of course, though RH is older than Dahmer, he is built like a giant and reportedly has a handshake like marble, so he may prove a more intimidating presence than Dahmer did to potential attackers.

MOO
They'll wait until he's asleep and use a sharpie..
my mind tho'.

This discussion has caused me to explore the possibility that RH is responsible for only the 4. Because of his age - 43 in 2007 when MBB was killed - I have been convinced he had many more kills before and afterward. But what if he did not and she was the first?

MBB was restrained with BELTS and wrapped in plastic. BELTS - one monogrammed. One with a hair caught in the buckle.

Why would an experienced killer not be prepared for resistance from the victim and have implements ready?

Maybe he had not even planned the murder, but things took a turn and he grabbed and scrambled for just anything in reach to tie her down?

Now, I don't understand anyone leaving the belts once she was past resistance, but perhaps he wasn't thinking as well as usual. So, he found plastic, wrapped her and loaded her into the vehicle. Imagine driving around with a body in the vehicle and no plans with what to do. No telling how long it took for him to decide on a good place.

Don't you think he sweated out the next couple of years, waiting for the body to be discovered?

However, in 2009, two years later as the anniversary for MBB rolled around, his family was planning a long visit to Iceland and he had a plan. It was almost the exact anniversary of the killing of MBB when Barthelemy vanished and the taunting phone calls began. I wonder if having the exact anniversary available contributed to the events. According to the Bail Application, her phone was used after she vanished and while RH's family was away, then not used while he joined his family in Iceland, but again used the day after he returned to the States. Barthelemy was the first restrained with tape and hidden in camo burlap to blend with the dumping ground. So location pre-planned.

The next year, RH's family planned a June trip and he planned to indulge his hobby, a few days earlier, but still close enough. Again tape and camo burlap.

In early September, same year, was the incident with Costello, and the wife was in New Jersey Aug. 28-Sept. 5, 2010. Again tape and camo burlap. So prepared.

Then Shannan Gilbert happened in December and his crimes were discovered. Has he managed to just sit tight and hope all these years since, feeling compelled to occasionally discuss the case? Were there only 4 for him and a late starting age of 43, OR did he begin killing as a much younger man with his victims better hidden? If so, why?
could have started at any age.
i see no reason for it to finish though.

If RH moved the bodies by boat, why would he drive there in his Avalanche shortly after a murder?
MBB was the first of the four. Perhaps the location was different, so the disposal was different. MBB looks like a rookie killer bound as she was with belts (one monogrammed) and wrapped in plastic. Later would come the camo burlap selected just for that location. So maybe he had not planned to kill her. Maybe he was injured in the encounter and was unable physically to dispose of her as he had others. His later shoulder injury he claims happened in a car accident really interests me as I've experienced shoulder pain and know how incredibly painful it could be. A shoulder injury changes how you do many things.

That makes sense and could explain why the murders only happened when his wife was gone. If his wife was home he could still figure out a way to go out on an early date but certainly not to bring his date home.
and the garage door swapped out for one with no windows….he could drive the girl into the garage and get her out without being seen. …and the locked room could hold more clues than artillery.
Weren't the 'early model' windows on that sort of truck darkly tinted, too?

If we are going with the facts, RH has only been charged with 3 of the murders. While they are looking at him for the others, that doesn’t mean that they will link them to him. Everyone is theorizing and while you are firmly in the camp for it being 1, I am not convinced. There are several arguments for it being 2 that also fit.
There are very few solid arguments for it being two. I've yet to see any other than, "He hasn't been charged with them."

I wish people would see SW as humans that are deeply flawed no different than the rest of us. There's such a horrible stigma attached to SW. The cops said the lure of easy money. I don't think they have any idea what these girls have to go through. It's far from easy money. It's not easy work, I could never do it it's dangerous.
Some turn to SW in times of desperation to feed their child because of a deadbeat dad, or help with an addiction issue they cannot beat on their own, some are victims of generational childhood abuse. I wish cops focused on arresting the Johns and pimps more than the girls. But they somehow sympathise with the men rather than the women.
This x1000. Not to mention how low priority this case was for years because they were SW. I'm still stuck on how they weren't able to find him based off the tip of a Chevy Avalanche and a very tall man... in reality they weren't looking because of these women's line of work.

I can't find the quote now but I believe one of the early investigators said something along the lines of "People don't need to be worried because the victims were just SW"

Here's one link. I'm still not 100% he was some avid hunter. Who knows?

I'd be highly surprised if he used water access, as the getaway would have been too slow (I've spent a lot of time in duck boats....he'd be lucky to make 15 knots, if the water was calm...), as opposed to a zippy getaway in an automobile.

“They’re saying there’s evidence he killed at least one of the girls down there,” the Long Island neighbor said. “The cops are going to dig all that out. Said they’re focused on the soundproof room in the basement but they’re going to look at everything.”

A law-enforcement source told The Post on Sunday, “Cops are looking for evidence if the victims were in the house, nothing yet.”

An investigator was seen meticulously moving across ground in the back yard Sunday with a radar device resembling a lawn mower, video footage showed.

Three cadaver dogs also were brought to the property, as was a backhoe and dump truck for what state troopers at the scene called a “major excavation.”

Local Kathy Huber, who said she went to high school with Heuermann, said neighbors are OK with the disruption.

“We don’t care how long this has to be here,” Huber, 57, said Sunday. This is a big community of cops and firemen, and I find it hard to believe that anybody here will be angry that cops are taking their time and doing a good job.

Last edited:
I get the impression here, that, many times, the cops were the Johns!!

yes, me too. It's only human nature that people like sex with pretty girls, but I wish they were concerned about the VIOLENT Johns.
The corruption in that police dept created very serious problems in investigating it properly! They need a special task force.
It bothers me they weren't taken seriously, until our society starts protecting our most vulnerable citizens we won't get the SKs off the streets until bodies start stacking up.
This pattern keeps happening I noticed it in Seattle. The SPD reassured the citizens no one was at risk because they were just prostitutes. That haunted me.
They are people with families that love them.
They are human.

In the video Rex did with the Bonjour Realty guy, he made mention that when he went out on his own, his first "paying client" during the 90's recession was a man named Robert Mayer. They met when they were standing in line at the Queens Building Dept.

He pronounced Mayer in the video as one would say Oscar Mayer...(like "My"er)

There was a Robert Mayer who suspiciously went missing in 2013 from Dix Hills. He was an electrician, so it makes sense he could have been there pulling permits in the 90's. He was roughly about the same age as Rex, I think maybe 2-3 years younger. His vehicle was found abandoned at at train station that was beside a nature preserve IIRC.

Just thinking out loud, wondering if it potentially was the same man, or if Robert Mayer's name was pronounced more like "May"er, not "My"er. Not sure if any locals on here who may be familiar with that family and how they pronounced their name?

Cops have reportedly found a soundproof room in the basement of accused Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann’s home where they believe at least one woman may have been killed — and brought in cadaver dogs, a backhoe and ground-penetrating radar to try to locate possible bodies and “trophies” in his back yard.

[...]

He’s got a soundproof room in his basement,” Musto said he was told by cops at the scene. “What do you think that was for?

They’re saying there’s evidence he killed at least one of the girls down there,” the Long Island neighbor said. “The cops are going to dig all that out. Said they’re focused on the soundproof room in the basement but they’re going to look at everything.”

I'd be highly surprised if he used water access, as the getaway would have been too slow (I've spent a lot of time in duck boats....he'd be lucky to make 15 knots, if the water was calm...), as opposed to a zippy getaway in an automobile.

I actually agree... it doesn't make much sense to transport victims in a boat. But ??

“They’re saying there’s evidence he killed at least one of the girls down there,” the Long Island neighbor said. “The cops are going to dig all that out. Said they’re focused on the soundproof room in the basement but they’re going to look at everything.”

A law-enforcement source told The Post on Sunday, “Cops are looking for evidence if the victims were in the house, nothing yet.”

An investigator was seen meticulously moving across ground in the back yard Sunday with a radar device resembling a lawn mower, video footage showed.

Three cadaver dogs also were brought to the property, as was a backhoe and dump truck for what state troopers at the scene called a “major excavation.”

Local Kathy Huber, who said she went to high school with Heuermann, said neighbors are OK with the disruption.

“We don’t care how long this has to be here,” Huber, 57, said Sunday. This is a big community of cops and firemen, and I find it hard to believe that anybody here will be angry that cops are taking their time and doing a good job.

Cops have reportedly found a soundproof room in the basement of accused Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann’s home where they believe at least one woman may have been killed — and brought in cadaver dogs, a backhoe and ground-penetrating radar to try to locate possible bodies and “trophies” in his back yard.

[...]

He’s got a soundproof room in his basement,” Musto said he was told by cops at the scene. “What do you think that was for?

They’re saying there’s evidence he killed at least one of the girls down there,” the Long Island neighbor said. “The cops are going to dig all that out. Said they’re focused on the soundproof room in the basement but they’re going to look at everything.”

I keep bracing myself for what's to come. My thoughts are w/ the victims' families.

Edit: Hope he pleads guilty to spare the families a trial but given his narcissism & sadism he probably wont.

[...]

Amanda? The one where he taunted her younger sister?
I think we need to prepare ourselves for some real shocking disgusting revelations. My hear goes out to all his victims, and their families, including his own family. I cannot even imagine. His soon to be ex-wife should be able to sue him for destroying their lives.

Thanks so much. I’m not so sure either. It seems that’s someone mentioned it and certain msm is running with it. I haven’t seen it confirmed by any officials
I don't think it matters whether he was actually "avid" or not. It's like people zoom in on all the facets of duck hunting when the big picture is the terrain with miles and miles of desolate beaches and shallow waters and HE HAD A BOAT! What he SAID he was doing matters not at all. Water, hard to reach deserted locations, and a boat: those matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98